Seraph.Ramyrez
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-14 09:41:25  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Yea

well no snow is OK. I think my blood is too thick for the desert. san diego was hot as hell & it was may when I was there.

I've done Arizona in late May/early June.

It's close to what the Bible describes as hell.

Accurate representation of my Arizona family drinking coffee:
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-04-14 09:47:14  
O flav from yesterday, ESO is going buy-to-play yes, so not quite free to play, but no subscription either. I haven't tried it yet, it's been out for PC since last june, & will be out for ps4 this june. reviews that I have read have been mixed, but I would rather try things for myself anyway. I think the sadistic side of my videogame psyche will be satiated by ambushing idiots in that PVP zone, but I suppose we'll see.

(I would've answered you yesterday, but that headache was setting in)
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-14 09:58:22  
O flav from yesterday, ESO is going buy-to-play yes, so not quite free to play, but no subscription either. I haven't tried it yet, it's been out for PC since last june, & will be out for ps4 this june. reviews that I have read have been mixed, but I would rather try things for myself anyway. I think the sadistic side of my videogame psyche will be satiated by ambushing idiots in that PVP zone, but I suppose we'll see.

No worries man... I had just remembered you talking about checking that out at some point and thought you had and didn't like it. I couldn't remember for sure though lol.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-14 09:58:33  

I've heard that it is horrible, and I've heard that it was "ok." Personally, I'd have preferred Bethesda work on TESVI.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-04-14 10:01:04  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I've heard that it is horrible, and I've heard that it was "ok."

yeah, like I say, I've heard everything both ways about it. gotta fork over some dinero & see.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-14 10:03:46  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I've heard that it is horrible, and I've heard that it was "ok."

yeah, like I say, I've heard everything both ways about it. gotta fork over some dinero & see.
It's just, I've never heard anyone say it was "good." I've heard a variety of negatives but only "ok" in the other direction. The issue I had with it was that I always play Imperials and apparently to play an Imperial in ESO you had to buy an Imperial edition.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-04-14 10:14:14  
metacritc

a positive review from a nerd at MMORPG.com

semi-positive from IGN

I'm pretty sure you can be the imperial race still by pre-ordering a console version, but I could be wrong.

idk, it might be a ripe piece of ***, but I didn't care for 14, & it's worth a shot.
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-04-14 10:19:51  
This post is blank so I'll leave this here;

Tiddly-winks.

-Anna "Girlboy" Ruthven

>:(
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-14 10:33:18  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Got a little crazy this weekend. Experimental, potted lemon tree on casters.
Fun :)

We are only planting two things this year to try and limit the time required in the garden. So I planted basil because it is the baby's favorite and sunflowers. Because sunflowers grow quickly, which is excellent to observe.

However, we planted the sprouts too early in the ground a few weeks ago and we had a coupld of nights with freezing weather. So I'm starting over and found seeds for the Calfornia Giant Hybrid ...which grows to 5 meters instead of the measly 2-3. I want giant plants!! Should be fun :)

The men are unruly today.

I forgot to take a break... went to a gun show saturday morning, then spent the rest of the day cleaning up the fire damage in chimi's back yard. we filled a 20x5 ' dumpster with burnt lilac bushes, pine branches, & various other debris. It was pretty lame. then yesterday I got half drunk at about noon & decided it was time to fill the garden plot up with dirt...

/frenchman'svoice

6 hours & 2 truckloads of dirt later...

I was too tired to watch game of thrones. I ruthlessly mocked the local news people, & fell asleep. I really have a lot of *** around time to try to cram into this week to make up for working like an amish dude all weekend.

how's the rest of all yall? well? no? have any fun this weekend?

PLEEBO OWES ME PICTURES.

from this morning. basically I have a lot of tilling / rock removal in my schedule after work this week.
Yeah...Mil has spent hours the last few weeks cleaning the cobble stones/paving stones with a power washer and then filling with the special sand where stupid weeds won't grow. And pruning trees and organzing the outside.

The work is pretty much never ending and dirty.

Completely understandable. I can see how that will eventually become more of an annoyance as August approaches. LOL! The sprouts should be nice!

I nixed the idea of preparing a bed this year also. Potted cherry tomatoes and herbs this year. I bought the lemon tree, two peach trees and some columbines out of impulse. Prepping the front yard felt like enough this year, and we pulled most of the indoor/outdoor plants onto the patio the weekend before so they could get their fill of rainwater.

Was a little busy yesterday, Mos. Tilling is the worst! Do you have a tiller or are you doing it "the old fashioned way" and turning dirt for hours? Zie beau gave me a look of sheer disdain when I plopped two trees out on the drive. Dig me holes, damn it! Forty cubits by forty cubits by forty cubits! The displeasure was strong with that one.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-14 11:05:41  
Zie beau gave me a look of sheer disdain when I plopped two trees out on the drive. Dig me holes, damn it! Forty cubits by forty cubits by forty cubits! The displeasure was strong with that one.

I'll bet. I'm getting annoyed from here and I didn't even have to do any work!

I have a leaky toilet to fix tonight. Bleh.

I should have gone into plumbing/HVAC as a profession...
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-14 11:19:49  
I got woken up at 3:30~ AM by my ceiling fan clicking, that was kinda annoying. It was a spare ground wire hitting the motor. Our power boxes are grounded so it was unnecessary.

I had to get up and dismantle the damn thing though. ; ;
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-14 11:24:29  
You'll have more of that when you and your wife are homeowners, Ramy.

Replacing/dismantling ceiling fans is rough. More of a two-man operation. That would suck at 4:00AM when the rest of the house is asleep.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-14 11:33:46  

Eh. We'll see.

Nothing else everyone says is supposed to happen has happened in the past sixteen years, so you'll forgive me if I take your prediction with a grain of salt!

Edit: Or do you just mean the toilet repair? I at first thought you meant the wife showing up with lemon trees and/or other shrubbery expecting me to be free labor. :x

Yeah, home repair has been a big reason I've put off buying a house for quite some time. I like having someone else responsible for this stuff.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-14 11:49:23  
Take care of your things and they tend not to break.

A lot of people don't do anything with their yards and from what little he's said about his wife I doubt shes the type to really want to.

Hell I don't even clean my home. I pay someone to do that for me so I can do the things I actually want to. Plus they do it a lot better than I would lol.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-14 11:58:12  
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

Eh. We'll see.

Nothing else everyone says is supposed to happen has happened in the past sixteen years, so you'll forgive me if I take your prediction with a grain of salt!

Edit: Or do you just mean the toilet repair? I at first thought you meant the wife showing up with lemon trees and/or other shrubbery expecting me to be free labor. :x

Yeah, home repair has been a big reason I've put off buying a house for quite some time. I like having someone else responsible for this stuff.

Misc. repairs HVAC/plumbing. Replacing HVAC is an arm and a leg. LOL!

You gonna let her bunny hop on a shovel or post hole digger looking like a spazz?!? Tisk tisk, sir. (Jokes.)
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-14 12:10:21  
post hole

Post holer! For digging holes...for posts!

But really, I'm the one more likely to be engaging in horticulture...though it's not a high priority of either of us.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-04-14 12:14:02  
Home ownership is 95% total crap. It's expensive, annoying, time-consuming, messy, and expensive.

But then you get to paint and decorate your new nursery and it's all kind of worth it.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-04-14 12:15:06  
You gonna let her bunny hop on a shovel or post hole digger looking like a spazz?!? Tisk tisk, sir. (Jokes.)

I would, might prove amusing, also would teach her to buy something assuming I'd do the leg work lol
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-14 12:16:16  
post hole

But really, I'm the one more likely to be engaging in horticulture...though it's not a high priority of either of us.

Post hole digger...Holer(?) (in your neck of the woods)...Also convenient for planting bushes and trees. :)
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-14 12:19:55  
Sorry. Firefly reference.

Quote:
[Simon has taken River out to a shop and she keeps touching everything]

Dr. Simon Tam: River, b- uh, be careful with that, that's, um... What is that?

Kaylee Frye: That's a post holer. You dig holes. For posts.

Dr. Simon Tam: It's, uh, it's dirty and sharp.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-14 12:20:39  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
your new nursery

The only nursery that may be on my property would be landscaped, not painted, and would contain sapplings, not babies.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-04-14 12:56:54  
k
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-04-14 13:26:59  
Was a little busy yesterday, Mos. Tilling is the worst! Do you have a tiller or are you doing it "the old fashioned way" and turning dirt for hours?

I know the feeling...

My neighbor has a walk behind big tiller that he is kind enough to let me use. it shouldn't be too bad.

Zie beau gave me a look of sheer disdain when I plopped two trees out on the drive. Dig me holes, damn it! Forty cubits by forty cubits by forty cubits! The displeasure was strong with that one.

lol, that'll teach em'.

I should have gone into plumbing/HVAC as a profession...

nah. there are easier ways to try to make money, trust me.

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Home ownership is 95% total crap.

agreed! the bank owns the *** anyway, why aren't those *** out there helping! >:

Bismarck.Misao said: »
k

no.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-04-14 13:39:22  
post hole

Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-04-14 13:40:12  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
You guys think weird things are fun in the eternal struggle against crippling boredom.
Wait wait wait, who said this was fun??
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-14 13:43:12  
nah. there are easier ways to try to make money, trust me.

Yeah, there are. I just sort of sometimes rue no being in a more hands-on trade, or lacking the training to be self-employed in a meaningful way if I were to so choose.

Meh. Everything's fine as it is, just having a "the grass is greener" moment.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-14 13:43:39  
Your wife!
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-04-14 13:44:37  
Your wife!
About planting a lemon tree!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-14 13:45:19  
Your wife!
About planting a lemon tree!
Is this supposed to change my position? It does not.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-04-14 13:45:37  
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
You guys think weird things are fun in the eternal struggle against crippling boredom.
Wait wait wait, who said this was fun??

The guy without a yard.

EDIT: Why do I get the feeling that I would enjoy 'Firefly'? I think I saw 'Qi' on Netflix.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17276 17277 17278 ... 18549 18550 18551