user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-12-21 10:35:34  
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-21 10:51:14  
Sent GF's Xmas present to my mother's place.

She has agreed not only to wrap it but to put it within multiple boxes for my amusement.

I love my family.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-21 10:52:15  
Bismarck.Misao said: »

Updated for next couple of years:

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-12-21 12:07:48  
found a website with lots of rider and sentai shows and movies....

-is lost forevers-
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
サーバ: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2016-12-21 12:08:59  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »

She has agreed not only to wrap it but to put it within multiple boxes for my amusement.

I love my family.

Make sure you tape the entirety of the box too, for extra amusement
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-21 12:25:46  
Asura.Lolserj said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »

I love my family.

Make sure you tape the entirety of the box too, for extra amusement

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 12:31:28  
I just wrap people's presents myself.

That's amusing for everyone (...apparently...)

[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-21 12:52:50  
I honestly wasn't planning on wrapping it at all since it was last minute due to money issues earlier in the month.

If I did wrap it myself... well I'm probably in the same boat, Ramy.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2016-12-21 13:52:13  
I still personally think the most thoughtful gift of all is money

I'll take the $5 you spent on the socks over the socks you bought me any day
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-21 13:53:49  

She was adamant about not giving any kind of cash.

I'm in the same boat as you... I'd much rather grab the money and go. Partially because I'm terrible to shop for because if I really want something I'll get it. and there's been a few... duplicate purchases for this reason before people finally caught on as to how I operate.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-21 14:05:48  

I've always been told it's the least thoughtful lol... considering you don't really put any effort into it and just stuff money into a card... I think it all depends on the relationship... also for a lot of people even if you give them money they might go use it for something responsible so Christmas has become a time to kind of spoil the people in your life by getting them something they may not need but definitely wanted... stuff they wouldn't get for themselves... though not everyone is like that...

I'm not too great at it but my older brother is the guy that goes out and gets you the present you didn't even know you wanted and love...

Final note... it never seems like a good idea to just get your gf money...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-12-21 14:10:47  
Ramyrez said: »
I just wrap people's presents myself.

That's amusing for everyone (...apparently...)

Husband presents are always a dead giveaway.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 14:22:59  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

I'm not like I'm commercial-stereotypical bad, but my wife has Martha Stewart level wrapping skills. The kind where you can't even tell where the *** the tape is. It's sort of terrifying.

Whereas I...am more like "confine the asymmetric horror show to one corner and place that corner facing away from everyone, they'll never know. If someone takes a picture of them without moving them they'll think you're almost competent!"

...but then people pick presents up and it's all "yeah, Mirny wrapped these ones, and Rammie did these ones."
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 14:24:09  

My wife really loves good wool socks.

$5 doesn't buy a single good sock.

And I don't buy ***gifts.

I buy someone socks and they'd better realize that's at least the equivalent of a top shelf bottle of booze!

Edit follow-up: And if you've never worn quality socks, you don't know what you're missing.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-12-21 15:09:06  
I cant gift wrap for ***.
so I use other tricks

one xmas, I got bronw shipping paper, and wrapped each gift with it, also used bright green 2 inch tape, and messily put some to seal the box.
used newspaper before too.
gifts inside an xmas tin can of cookies. (ate the cookies myself too)
and even used plain sheets of colored paper to wrap it up and just hand cut shapes of stuff and glued them on top.

also done the box within a box inside a box thing....

and ***tons of bubblewrap inside a box, or added random stuff inside just to make it weight more or have shaking sounds.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 15:22:46  
Lots of bags and boxes are my normal M.O. but my wife and I bought a full-size tree this year now that we're in our own house and I wanted her to have the full experience! Only thing in a bag is a few smaller bits of clothing in one bag. The rest is all boxed and wrapped.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-21 15:47:41  
For most stuff you can just buy a bag and put some festive tissue paper in there... no wrapping necassary...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-21 15:48:40  
For some of you guys this seems more like an April fools prank lol... at what point does it become to much of a hassle to get to the gift?
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2016-12-21 15:48:44  

My wife really loves good wool socks.

$5 doesn't buy a single good sock.

And I don't buy ***gifts.

I buy someone socks and they'd better realize that's at least the equivalent of a top shelf bottle of booze!

Edit follow-up: And if you've never worn quality socks, you don't know what you're missing.

Oh trust me, I know what high quality socks are for I am one

But regardless of the quality of a gift I would take money worth a little less unless someone gets me something I absolutely did want. Most of the time though people are dead wrong.

All of those points aside, I personally do not actually like receiving gifts since it makes me feel like I have to do something in return.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-21 15:50:37  
You don't have to do anything in return... keep doing nothing and eventually others stop too except for that one *** who has to spread the christmas cheer...
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 16:09:25  
Oh trust me, I know what high quality socks are for I am one

Hah!
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-21 16:09:27  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
For some of you guys this seems more like an April fools prank lol... at what point does it become to much of a hassle to get to the gift?
It is never too much hassle. >:|

I think a lot of it in my family stemmed from that fact my sister and I were way too good at finding, unwrapping(and rewrapping without a trace) and guessing xmas presents. So Dad got to the point where he started messing with us or adding extra boxes to the packaging to make it harder and sometimes near impossible.

From there it just became funny as hell to all of us when someone received a box of popscicles that was really a box of popcorn that was really just a pair of gloves.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-12-21 16:10:15  
or some of you guys this seems more like an April fools prank
April fools prank would be like something like, opening a gift and a jack in the box pops up wearing a horse mask.

opening a gift should be as fun and enjoyable, as it hypes the surprise inside. also gives the feel that more thought went into the gift since it is packaged in an unique way instead of just tossing ***in a bag.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-21 16:22:01  
or some of you guys this seems more like an April fools prank
April fools prank would be like something like, opening a gift and a jack in the box pops up wearing a horse mask.

opening a gift should be as fun and enjoyable, as it hypes the surprise inside. also gives the feel that more thought went into the gift since it is packaged in an unique way instead of just tossing ***in a bag.
I guess I'm just too lazy about it all lol...
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2016-12-21 16:29:02  
You don't have to do anything in return... keep doing nothing and eventually others stop too except for that one *** who has to spread the christmas cheer...

Seriously, *** that guy
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 17:56:00  

That's not an April Fool's prank. That is valid provocation for the use of thermonuclear weapons.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 17:57:26  

Like my brother-in-law who posts "countdown to Christmas" posts starting January 1st and actually keeps them up, you know.

All *** year.

But really. It's mildly annoying, but I like seeing something that makes people happy, too.

You really need to catch that serial cereal pisser.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-12-21 18:01:01  

I'm not like I'm commercial-stereotypical bad, but my wife has Martha Stewart level wrapping skills. The kind where you can't even tell where the *** the tape is. It's sort of terrifying.

Whereas I...am more like "confine the asymmetric horror show to one corner and place that corner facing away from everyone, they'll never know. If someone takes a picture of them without moving them they'll think you're almost competent!"

...but then people pick presents up and it's all "yeah, Mirny wrapped these ones, and Rammie did these ones."

Ribbons, ornaments and baubles are the best part of wrapping! Bit your tongue, sir!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-21 18:05:11  
Ribbons, ornaments and baubles are the best part of wrapping! Bit your tongue, sir!

...what did I say to dispute that?

I mean, I'm actually just a fan of a well-wrapped present. All the rest is nice but unnecessary. But I'd certainly never criticize anyone for feeling otherwise.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-12-21 18:12:10  
Errr...I'm not arguing with you. Just joshing. Geez. The *** is going on with everyone lately?
First Page 2 3 ... 18185 18186 18187 ... 18549 18550 18551