users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Can Sobek be solo'd
Can Sobek be solo'd
 Asura.Gregalen
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gregalen
By Asura.Gregalen 2013-08-16 12:40:15  
Can Sobek be solo'd on blu? I'm almost done with Briar helms (41/50).
 Shiva.Ariaum
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2013-08-16 12:43:43  
Can you stun? You might die to tyrant tusk, but....I doubt anyone will be there to take it....lol
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-16 12:44:00  
Easily. Ride a hybrid evasion set, keep HP high, stun spells.

The only real issue is tyrant tusk which will KO you if it would have taken you below half HP. Otherwise he follows basically all standard bugard behavior.
 Asura.Gregalen
user: Gregalen
By Asura.Gregalen 2013-08-16 12:49:48  
I'm pretty good at stunning of course. Just about ready to finish briar for almace on my blu and of course he's the next one to deal with.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-08-16 12:53:10  
It should be very easy for anyone with recent gear. You can often shout for people who need +2 items though and that'll make it really easy.

But if you think you might fail, it's fairly easy to zombie on blu with apoc. Can set disseverment for the poison or use UL and GoH for the burn to keep it from regening.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2013-08-16 13:12:14  
Just like seku said, ride the hybrid Eva set. I recommend /thf for the th and with the added Eva, you can gear more for dmg. Using rr, vv, mm atma, you should be able to keep occultation up and make sure to blind,para,slow him for easy win. It may not be easy at first, but once you get used to him It's cake.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-08-16 13:59:00  
no he too hard
 Bahamut.Baozzer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2013-08-16 14:08:06  
I soloed Sobek about 5 times on my BLU and did the rest on NIN since evasion is a lot better. Use Apoc!!! I only killed him one time without dying. I recommend /DNC to remove para. I typically used GH MM APOC and just auto-attack, heavy strike, stun w/e he's trying to do and WS/SC after he used a TP move. Good luck!
By DrTaletta 2013-08-16 14:12:03  
A RDM can solo him pretty easily as long as they know what they're doing. A -PDT/Haste and -MDT/MDB set, and subbing WHM or DNC (for removing status effects) is all that's really necessary beyond normal things. If you wear your -PDT/Haste gear in time for his TP moves, and wear your -MDT/MDB gear in time for his spells while reapplying Stoneskin whenever needed, you'll never get KO'ed.
 Ifrit.Arawn
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2013-08-16 14:24:03  
I'm sure plenty of people have said this before.

Yes. (even before the new gear mind you)
 Phoenix.Thorbean
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-08-16 14:25:14  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Easily. Ride a hybrid evasion set, keep HP high, stun spells.

The only real issue is tyrant tusk which will KO you if it would have taken you below half HP. Otherwise he follows basically all standard bugard behavior.

Magic barrier causes tyrant tusk to hit for 0 quite often and it's not whittled away by melee hits so it's always at full strength for t tusk. As long as you keep hp above 50% and stun spells, it's no threat.
[+]
By fattrav 2013-08-16 14:26:06  
Yup, Primeval Brew is probably the easiest way to solo most mobs in Abyssea.