FFXIV Targetting System

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » FFXIV Targetting system
FFXIV Targetting system
By Blkninja 2013-08-21 01:08:05  
Why don't they make it action rpg? I don't like the idea of tabbing.. I think the target system is flawed.. I thought for sure they were aiming to fix this?
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-08-21 04:48:39  
Wtf with all that recent "If MMO isn't action RPG it sucked and it's boring" trend?
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2013-08-21 05:38:25  
I preferred earlier targeting systems. I play with a gamepad and the targeting system seems a bit difficult for a game being released for ps3.

Anyone have any helpful hints or settings that make targeting easier?

Also, how do you edit / use hotbars? I'm not fond of the action bar that we have, yet there seems to be no way to access the hotbars from my logitec F310 (basically PS3) controller.
 Ragnarok.Titox
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2013-08-21 06:19:46  
Asura.Arkanethered said: »
I preferred earlier targeting systems. I play with a gamepad and the targeting system seems a bit difficult for a game being released for ps3.

Anyone have any helpful hints or settings that make targeting easier?

Also, how do you edit / use hotbars? I'm not fond of the action bar that we have, yet there seems to be no way to access the hotbars from my logitec F310 (basically PS3) controller.

LT and RT, to edit it hold any of the triggers then your select button

Action & traits menu....you can put anything from the by pressing "Square/X" if i am correct which led you to put it on the hotbar

I use logitech dual action
 Fenrir.Viskral
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Viskral
By Fenrir.Viskral 2013-08-21 07:04:28  
Only problem I have with the targeting system (ps3) is that carbuncle doesn't fall under npc/other and I always target all the damn carbys.

In a fate with a lot of arcanist, it's quite annoying when trying to switch to the next mob sometimes.
 Ragnarok.Titox
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2013-08-21 07:30:03  
Fenrir.Viskral said: »
Only problem I have with the targeting system (ps3) is that carbuncle doesn't fall under npc/other and I always target all the damn carbys.

In a fate with a lot of arcanist, it's quite annoying when trying to switch to the next mob sometimes.
D-pad and press down.

D-Pad down it should target any party members which include carbuncle
 Fenrir.Viskral
By Fenrir.Viskral 2013-08-21 08:34:51  
I don't want to target carbuncle. I use left and right on the D-pad to select the next mob. I'm aware up and down is for the party.

I just wish there was a way I didn't target carbuncle at all.
By MalPal 2013-08-21 10:38:52  
lol when i was playing the beta i left a suggestion in the suggestion box to have an option for close range targeting, I hate when it targets stuff a mile away when fighting.
 Leviathan.Shadowflame
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Shadowflame 2013-08-21 11:01:11  
Nothing like /ignorepet on/off from FFXI?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-21 11:02:44  

I'm not even sure how that's possible... PC and Xbox controller settings don't cycle through carbuncles when I'm trying to toggle between monsters. :x But maybe they need /ingnorepet like in XI
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-21 11:49:28  
I don't want to target carbuncle. I use left and right on the D-pad to select the next mob. I'm aware up and down is for the party.

I just wish there was a way I didn't target carbuncle at all.

well that was the last beta, and the first time carby was implemented. i'm sure they will refine the targeting system to help with this problem. Though ppl need to let them know through the beta forum
 Fenrir.Viskral
By Fenrir.Viskral 2013-08-21 12:13:52  
Leviathan.Shadowflame said: »
Nothing like /ignorepet on/off from FFXI?
Didn't even think to try that. Being a melee with 20 carbys around you is not fun.
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-08-21 12:32:57  
There were some gamepad button combos to allow you selecting certain groups of targets. Unfortunately I did not play for long enough to be able to learn how that worked. At least I know the issue is solvable somehow.

And indeed it's extremely annoying that everyone and their dog put 1/2 minions and a frigging carby out. LAME STUFF.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-21 12:50:29  
carby spam will die down, altho i do find ARC to be quite fun.
 Fenrir.Viskral
By Fenrir.Viskral 2013-08-21 12:56:47  
I didn't use the setting you can change on the fly. I used the general one with weapon away, weapon out.

They even have a button to ignore minions so that's not a problem. It's just a minor rant. The rest of the game is very well done. Can't wait to start on the 24th.
 Fenrir.Deno
user: deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2013-08-21 17:03:56  
Fenrir.Rinnsi said: »
carby spam will die down, altho i do find ARC to be quite fun.

By ARC do you mean ACN? Or archer? >.>
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-27 16:14:00  
Is there any way to stop the game from automatically locking on when you perform a spell or action? Thats the only thing I HATE about the targetting system in XIV, especially on a job like thaumaturge. So many times I'll cast sleep on a monster which locks on to that target. Then I'll move over to the other monster that linked and start nuking it but forget that I'm still 'locked' on the target I slept so the next nuke defaults back over to the locked on target which wakes it. That happens so often lol. It sucks a lot more in story battles that are a bit more difficult. It's annoying