users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » THF and Iuitl
THF and Iuitl
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-22 13:59:05  
Just curious for a THF with Hurkan Hat, Thaumas, Raider's +2, Mani Legs/Feet R13 and using mainly Exenterator, is any of the Iuitl gear worth it (aside from a crazy evasion build)?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-22 14:11:11  
Pdt!
 Sylph.Malizia
サーバ: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-08-22 14:17:52  
PDT for sure, and even un-augmented you want it for Exenterator.

I found iuitl wristbands and iuitl gaiters to be best in slot in all situations for Exenterator, and iuitl vest to be better than Manibozho jerkin if you're attack capped.

iuitl tights are the best I found until you have nahtirah trousers, and iuitl headgear is best until you have Uk'uxkaj cap (which you do).
 Bahamut.Slytribal
user: Slykun
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2013-08-22 14:35:58  
I can't get Uk'uxkaj Cap to beat Iuitl Headgear at all for TP, even unaugmented, under any situation. With DA+2 augment, it just makes Uk' Cap look like a joke TP wise on my spreadsheet
 Sylph.Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-08-22 15:09:23  
Oh! I didn't know what the augments were when I was doing my spreadsheeting. I'm not surprised that DA+2 puts Iuitl ahead.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-08-22 15:13:38  
Capping attack (meaning anything less than Delve, or Delve fodder with double Minuets) and fSTR (anything less than Delve), Iuitl head/hands/legs with DA augments will be better than anything else. Without DA augments, head will still be ahead because of the TA and legs will be ahead or equal because of STP (hands will be just as good as any other 4% hands, since you're probably also capping DEX).

Capping attack but not fSTR, Uk'uxkaj and DA+2% Iuitl head are pretty neck-and-neck. But as long as you're capping dDEX, Iuitl should come out ahead by a small amount. DA+1% Ituil head, and Uk'uxkaj will pull back ahead by an equally small amount. If capping dDEX, Iuitl legs will always be ahead of Manibo R15, regardless of augment, but getting even 5% crit from dDEX from Manibo and it will come ahead of DA+2% Iuitl.

Not capping attack, Uk'uxkaj Cap, and R15 Manibo hands (unless uncapped dDEX) and legs.

Edit: This is all WAR sub; zerk down will slightly uncap offhand.

Oh, and good luck with augments D; There are 10 possibilities in the second slot, and although they are likely not of equal chance, DA is sure to be rare.
 Sylph.Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-08-22 15:19:03  
Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
capping dDEX
Wait, you're talking about Exenterator, or something else? I wasn't aware Exenterator could crit. Or am I missing something?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-08-22 15:20:31  
Sorry, that was all TP sets @_@;
 Sylph.Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-08-22 15:27:52  
Do we know how big the crit rate augment can get? From the list of augments Karbuncle provided on the iuitl headgear page, it looks like DA+ and Crit+ seem to have the most potential.

Edit: BG Wiki now has a combined page for Skirmish II Armor.
 Bahamut.Slytribal
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2013-08-22 15:29:02  
+2 as far as I know highest for both. Managed to get +2 DA on the headgear, having crap luck with all others

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Slytribal
By Bahamut.Slytribal 2013-08-22 15:30:34  
Josiahkf said: »
I've yet to get critical hit rate on any pieces and been spamming augments, is that claim confirmed?

Before I had DA+2 on my Headgear, I had Crit Hit Rate +1 from a +2 stone

Edit: Plus you can check what pieces can get augmented with what by talking to Divainy (Need to select previous page on the augment lists for some reason)
By Voren 2013-08-24 01:33:37  
I got -3%PDT and +1%Crit on the headgear from a +1 stone. Drop rate on NQ stones are pretty common, got 5 in 3 runs, one run had 3 drop to me, was hoping for feathers.

Wonder what the market will bottom out at on stones, can't see paying a mil+ for +2, I'm a cheap ***.

As for the set, I can see it being used against magic spamming mobs/nms, the mag eva is some of the highest so far.

All Iuitl pieces are pretty impressive, SE seems to have gone turbo on stats.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-24 13:07:36  
So Iuitl Feet Vs. Manibohzo (R15STR)? Assuming you have Double Attack +2% on the Skirmish feet then you're looking at:

(Stats Relative to TP and Exenterator)
Same STR
11 more DEX on Iuitl
12 more AGI on Iuitl
17 more Attack on Mani
10 more Acc on Mani
Same DA
Same Haste

To me Mani seems better for TP. Probably not much difference in the Accuracy and 17 more attack. For Exenterator I'm going to guess 12 AGI on Iuitl beats 17 Attack on Mani, but someone with the FFXI skills to confirm or disagree would be nice.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-08-24 13:17:51  
Josiahkf said: »
I've yet to get critical hit rate on any pieces and been spamming augments, is that claim confirmed?

yes!

Talk to the NPC and from one of the options you'll be able to select Armor or weapons from a list, and he'll tell you what the possible augments for it are :D

I'm assuming it caps at +2 like Double Attack likely does, But so far I have no evidence to support a cap yet :9