users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Top Half of Screen Blacked Out
Top Half of Screen Blacked Out
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2013-08-24 20:00:59  
As title says, just loaded up FF14 on our new PC. It looks like someone sliced the top half of the screen off and it's completely blacked out. So the start up movie is only half showing. Can anyone offer some advice? We tried messing with the specs, and anything we do the top half is still blacked out. Plz halp
 Quetzalcoatl.Nycon
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nycon
By Quetzalcoatl.Nycon 2013-08-24 22:32:30  
Sounds like a bad GPU or Monitor. Could be drivers also.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-24 22:42:02  
The same thing was happening to me since the last beta phase. I updated my drivers during today's maintenance and the movies are playing fine now.
[+]
By voiceless 2013-08-25 03:03:33  
Fenrir.Soothsayer said: »
As title says, just loaded up FF14 on our new PC. It looks like someone sliced the top half of the screen off and it's completely blacked out. So the start up movie is only half showing. Can anyone offer some advice? We tried messing with the specs, and anything we do the top half is still blacked out. Plz halp

play on lower quality
 Lakshmi.Ratie
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ratie
By Lakshmi.Ratie 2013-08-25 03:27:22  
Is it -just- the movie that's half blacked out? If so, have a look at this thread. A microsoft patch from last month broke WMA files (or WMV, i forget which file type).
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2013-08-25 12:36:00  
Yes it was just the beginning movie, and from the google search it looked like it happened to a lot of ppl, may just be drivers because we can play on the highest quality with no lag or anything. I'll look into the other thread mentioned.