What's Your Positive Feedback On FFXIV So Far?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » What's your positive feedback on FFXIV so far?
What's your positive feedback on FFXIV so far?
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-08-25 09:07:50  
Please don't turn this to a ffxi bashing frenzy...

Seeming as I was not planning to play this game but a couple of my friends gorded me into playing so here goes... I honestly have to admit that i did not expect what I managed to experiance in my first few hours playing this game... The gameplay is unbelievably smooth, the detail of toon creation, you can JUMP!, quests actually being something you want to do becuase they are quiet simple. And just just a few things amoung many.. I do also have to admit im catching hell following that damn map to get to my quest and stuff maybe someone cause do a "Follow the map for dummies" post sometime in the near future. 1 question before I close out... Is Gladiator a DD/PLD type of so class or just the classic tank class that really does no dmg and is expected to hold hate?
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-08-25 09:18:00  
Love the FATEs, Leves, dungeons. The AF/AF2 sets look great, as do the Relic Weapons. EXP comes fast, but the level requirements are high enough that you don't jump to level 50 in the first day. I like FFXIV because I feel I can walk away for a few hours and I don't have to play constantly to feel like I'm getting somewhere. I really do hope the current issues are fixed and launch goes smoothly, turning into a long-lived, successful MMO.

The only thing I would want to recommend to SE is making some quests repeatable, not to the point of constantly repeating them, but to where you can do the quest once per class. (Sans certain "Optional" prizes, of course.)
[+]
 Leviathan.Allyha
user: Allyha
By Leviathan.Allyha 2013-08-25 09:42:38  
I am in agreement with everything Anna mentioned, would like to add that the crafting system is amazing too. Being that it's actually interactive it feels a lot less like a grind to level and is actually rather enjoyable. If you haven't tried fishing yet get on it! shits so fun!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-25 09:59:14  
I'm really liking the battle system. I like that the mob's target is displayed, I like that mob TP moves are powerful enough to give you a bad time, but mostly avoidable if you pay attention. I like that the majority of your EXP comes from, although mostly simple, quests and hunting logs rather than killing an endless chain of the same mob.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-25 10:19:47  
About that fishing bit...

50% exp bonus from Inn/Camp resting.
50% exp bonus from Grand Company Survival paper.
Lv29 Fisher. Fishing in South Shroud doing Level 25 Levequests.

First off, OMFG EXP EVERYWHERE. My highest EXP gain was a HQ Dark Sleeper that gave me 7068 exp. Then there were the leve quests. Certain ones were just trade 3 fish and done. Then there were ones that would be trade 3~9 fish and get exp for each set of 3 traded in.

It... It was beautiful.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-08-25 10:24:20  
i'm having a blast, duty finder and login problems, this is normal on all mmo launches. The game is almost bug free and run so smooth/amazing interface
[+]
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-08-25 10:36:33  
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

First off, OMFG EXP EVERYWHERE. My highest EXP gain was a HQ Dark Sleeper that gave me 7068 exp. Then there were the leve quests. Certain ones were just trade 3 fish and done. Then there were ones that would be trade 3~9 fish and get exp for each set of 3 traded in.

It... It was beautiful.
This post, it is...inspiring.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-25 10:41:16  
Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
i'm having a blast, duty finder and login problems, this is normal on all mmo launches. The game is almost bug free and run so smooth/amazing interface

Uh, normal doesn't me acceptable. At least the JP servers went down this ti.... Oh wait, no, they are still working perfectly. I guess all MMO's have a rocky start...
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-08-25 10:41:38  
AnnaMolly said: »
About that fishing bit... 50% exp bonus from Inn/Camp resting. 50% exp bonus from Grand Company Survival paper. Lv29 Fisher. Fishing in South Shroud doing Level 25 Levequests. First off, OMFG EXP EVERYWHERE. My highest EXP gain was a HQ Dark Sleeper that gave me 7068 exp. Then there were the leve quests. Certain ones were just trade 3 fish and done. Then there were ones that would be trade 3~9 fish and get exp for each set of 3 traded in. It... It was beautiful.
This post, it is...inspiring.
Dayum... 7k xp 0.0
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-08-25 10:44:10  
The funny thing about it is when you engage something you have no buisness engaging and can haul *** in the other direction with sprint LOL.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-08-25 10:46:27  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
Uh, normal doesn't me acceptable. At least the JP servers went down this ti.... Oh wait, no, they are still working perfectly. I guess all MMO's have a rocky start...
yeah I pity a fool who would every expect a launch to be perfect. . so long as they are mindful of the problem and it's fixed i think they should be cut some slack.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2013-08-25 10:52:18  
I'm not having any real issues with the maint since this really isn't even the "launch" of the game yet. I would much rather they get things ironed out in this early access phase then the launch.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-25 11:00:38  
You know, the NA/EU servers are in Canada...

Obviously they need to power them with something better than those moose and maple syrup.
 Leviathan.Allyha
By Leviathan.Allyha 2013-08-25 11:06:17  

It... It was beautiful.

Yeah one of the lvl 15 levequests for fishing i was getting 4k exp on, but if you trade HQ fish you get a 200% exp bonus lol, was getting 12.5k everytime i did the quest lol
Went from lvl 18-21 fisher in the span of like 10 min it took me to hand in all the fish i hoarded lmao.
 Leviathan.Allyha
By Leviathan.Allyha 2013-08-25 11:08:21  
You know, the NA/EU servers are in Canada...

Obviously they need to power them with something better than those moose and maple syrup.

It's because the servers are in the part of Canada that nobody likes!
If they were somewhere else it would be fine! ~.^
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-08-25 11:11:38  
I really like the way crafting/mining works in this game. Soooo much faster than in in ffxi and I don't have to split up my crafts (e.g. alchemy 100, goldsmithing 60, etc).

I like the battleleve system, fun when duoing.

The /return and teleportation (outside and inside the cities) system is very nice.

All in all I like the game so far. The battle system is kind of annoying in that I feel like I'm being spoon-fed what I should be doing (PUG: 1 -> 2 -> 4, repeat) , but I'm only level 14 so I can't really say how it is beyond that.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-25 11:12:51  
Fenrir.Stiklelf said: »
I'm not having any real issues with the maint since this really isn't even the "launch" of the game yet. I would much rather they get things ironed out in this early access phase then the launch.

They had 4 phases of beta to figure out these issues, that's the point of beta. As for the early access, it's irrelevant when they say is the "official launch" because they would have the same issues.

The only thing that bothers me is that the servers have been down almost 50% of the time since they opened and SE has shown no ability to fix the problem that isn't effecting the JP based servers.
By Raborn 2013-08-25 22:56:14  
I've gotta say SE has outdone themselves with this "Reborn" version.

I'm seeing elements from all their previous games being welded in here, I fell in love with the FF12-like battle system.

Quests are a heck of a lot easier to finish and complete with almost everything being marked and labeled on the maps for you, leveling is smooth and not too grind heavy.

The game is far more engaging than FF11 ever was, but combines some of the better elements from it. It is an EXTREME pleasure to see people all over the place scurrying about I can't tell you how much I love to see any game doing well like that. (If it stays that way we are due to see....) (Note: Was on Sargatanas)

I'm in love with the class storyline's, though I've only done 2 so far and only gotten to level 10. I can tell they could become something fierce if SE has put good time and effort into them.

Overall If I were to rate this game as of current I'd put a 7.2/10 on it.

Smooth gameplay, Nice graphics, Engaging, Not too grind heavy, somewhat interactive, and a pleasure to get to relive old familiarities while encountering new obstacles.

If you have the money and after they get all their server / error issues resolved I'd definitely recommend it to a friend.

Addition: The game is VERY novice friendly, never played a MMO? First time Final Fantasy Player? This game is amazing at giving you help getting started, even when you don't need it! And I love that, very very very user friendly a HUGE improvement from the last MMO. I would like to give extreme PRAISE to Square Enix. Not too wordy and it pops up as you need to do certain tasks. Gives you simple explanations that get the point across and keeps you into the game!

Secondary Addition: The ability to skip cutscenes. (For the most part)
[+]
 Odin.Hirokei
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-08-25 23:02:30  
Boob slider. Liking the dungeons too.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2013-08-25 23:04:01  
Game play, graphics, social features, are all amazing and fun. One of the best MMOs I have played.
 Asura.Rekin
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2013-08-26 09:06:17  
Of every crafting system in all the games I've played FFXIV has perhaps the best. The system allows the crafter to balance between safely crafting normal pieces or taking risks to make high quality.
Planning is even more important for crafting HQ pieces now than it was in FFXI as now you have to *** your level to that of the craft, your equipment, materials and finally do step to step decisions on how much you are willing to risk to guarantee your high quality product.

Ex. I'm level 17 and I'm making a level 15 piece with all HQ ingredients. At best I can cap out quality by spamming the action to do so, but instead I could use the action to increase my percentage of success. However, by doing so I lower the amount of times I can increase the quality of my synth due to how much CP I have before I am forced to use master's mend to restore my synth's durability. I also have to factor in the state of my synth which could be extremely favorable or unfortunate as I continue to go through the steps and weighing my options. In the end if I successfully manage to raise it's quality a few times I am given a high chance(82%-96% usually) at a high quality product due to having good materials.

Overall crafting is very fun and certainly worth a look at if you are interested in that sort of area.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-08-26 12:59:53  
the game is really good, no almost/no grind with nice storylines
[+]
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2013-08-27 15:30:44  
I only just got past where the story ended in beta phase 3. It's very accessible and straight forward. I like how the main story quests (or well any quests but especially those) will reward you with experience even if you only traveled for point A to point B. Some sections can be so story heavy that, were it set up like FFXI or many other games, you might feel like you're progressing the story instead of your character/ class, but here you can easily do both at once.

The voice acting, where it exists, is a nice touch (for most characters) if sporadic. Battle is intuitive and early on has enough going on that it doesn't seem like you're standing in one spot hitting the same attack over and over (unless you want to). I haven't played nearly all of the classes yet, but melee characters seem to have reasons to move about, like avoiding attacks and landing attacks from different positions for additional damage/ effects. It is, however, easy to get into a pattern of x > y >z >repeat or similar, though that may be alleviated later in the game. For instance my PGL currently rotates 4-6 attacks, 3 buffs, and a healing ability at level 23.

I think most importantly, progression is pretty quick, or at the very least there's nothing stopping you from progressing in most cases. As a DPS the duty finder will take a while, but you can do most other things while you wait, or you could find a group the old fashioned way. It's easy to log in (ok, maybe it hasn't been easy to log in...), and immediately set to doing something to progress your character in whatever manner you wish. You could easily log out after an hour and feel like you got something done.