Getting Started (Bought 1.0 Way Back; What Now?).

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Getting started (Bought 1.0 way back; What now?).
Getting started (Bought 1.0 way back; What now?).
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-08-27 09:01:56  
So, I bought the digital download way back in the day before the old servers were shut down. I played with the character creation for a few days and went back to XI. I hate to ask a n00bish question, but I have to rely on the community for help since the official sites and my google-fu have netted me limited results.

So... if I bought the digital download back in the day, what steps would I need to take to get to a download of the new version and play sometime in the next few days? (I understand a major download will have to happen at some point). A hand-held mini walkthrough of the process would be greatly appreciated. (That's why I made a new thread).

For those that want to flame me for doing so, go ahead. I have thick skin. The "you should have used the search feature" or "google it" responses generally won't help anyone, and I'd like for someone with a good knowledge and a wish to help others (remember when FFXI had Mentors?) to lend a hand and help me (and in that others will read this) and others out.

At the time, all I know is that SquareEnix wants my money. I'm okay with that. I know the squareenix account manager system will be used. What I am not okay with is buying a new copy of FF14 which seems to be all their official sites want me to do. I was under the impression that at one point they had said that players who had purchased 1.0 would be able to play ARR. How would one go about doing that?
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-27 09:13:38  
uhh, there was a phase 4 download somewhere ont his site, not sure where it went to. but you can get the full game from that. basicly it's a 100meg download, that downloads the full game for you. its like 7/8gigs, so it may take a while.

and as long as you have an account, with a game account on it, you should be fine, just log in using your SE account.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-08-27 17:12:49  
Well, a friend that I keep in touch with from XI through facebook gave me this link:

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/

Downloaded that and then ran the 'boot' thing from where the installer puts it. Going to go to work while it downloads. Thanks Bukeh for the help. Also thanks Rinnsi.
 Odin.Moondaddy
サーバ: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2013-08-28 00:18:20  
all you gotta do is dl the new client, just go here. dont have to mess with finding it cause its the offical se dl, so it just works. after dl log in with your se account and your all set