日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » How to: 1017 Retry with Keyboard on PC
How to: 1017 Retry with Keyboard on PC
 Bismarck.Tragedie
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-08-27 16:27:18  
For those on PC with a mouse and keyboard waiting to log in with the 1017 error, you can do the following:

On the title screen, hit num-pad 4 or 6 to move the cursor.
Once the cursor is on Start, press num-pad 0 to select it.

0 again to select your char, 0 again to confirm, 0 again to acknowledge 1017. You'll be back with your cursor on Start, so just keep hitting 0.

This may have been obvious to some, but I hadn't really tried it til now besides trying the arrow keys and enter (which didn't work).

Optional:
 Ragnarok.Ravant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-27 18:15:34  
For those who play on PC and have a controller. Spam A.
By macsdf1 2013-08-27 18:20:55  
botting on 14 starting already!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-27 18:22:13  
Reported!
 Bahamut.Oakozric
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Oakozric
By Bahamut.Oakozric 2013-08-27 18:24:24  
macsdf1 said: »
botting on 14 starting already!

When a game becomes so difficult to login, it's justifiable if you don't want arthritis trying to get past the character select screen spamming '0' for an hour straight.
[+]
By macsdf1 2013-08-27 18:26:23  
that's what fishbotters say!
 Bahamut.Oakozric
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Oakozric
By Bahamut.Oakozric 2013-08-27 18:32:32  
Not at all comparable haha - enjoy breaking your fingers trying to login lol.
 Carbuncle.Jabel
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Jabel
By Carbuncle.Jabel 2013-08-27 19:34:20  
Why would someone design a game that allows way more people to sign-UP than can sign-ON? I mean really, what is the point to have a bunch of your player base sitting around fuming about silly game decisions
By Raborn 2013-08-27 21:32:12  
Just offer me a FREE server transfer.

I'd gladly leave the legacy server at this point just to be able to play the damn game.

SE should have restricted players to their own regional servers and then made a few cross-region servers for those who wanted to play with multiple languages.

At this point there's no going back. But in the future Square, please dear god make more than one legacy server for F----- EU players.

I got German French Arabic Spanish Dutch and Chocobo flying across shouts on a NA server, not trying to be a regionalist, but they should be on a server with people that can understand them.
By Kimble2013 2013-08-27 22:21:18  
Well, now this is pretty annoying.
 Carbuncle.Jabel
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Jabel
By Carbuncle.Jabel 2013-08-27 23:00:01  
3 hours later and still getting one 1017 after another. About time SE lost me as a customer if this happens another time or two.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-27 23:03:13  
Lol. You show em!
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
サーバ: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-08-28 08:34:07  
Yesterday I had a illuminated enlightenment moment after I spent 30 minutes spamming the gamepad button to login and after getting to the queue, waited another few minutes, only to be greeted by a "Lobby server timeout" message.

I saw (red) lights after that...

Fast forward another 30 minutes and I managed to login without entering any queue, it just did not 1017 taking me straight to the game. Figures ...
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-08-28 09:39:52  
Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Fast forward another 30 minutes and I managed to login without entering any queue, it just did not 1017 taking me straight to the game. Figures ...

Had the same thing happen yesterday at 6 p.m. EDT (3 p.m. PDT)... constant 1017s, then right on the hour mark I get in without a queue. SE must open the flood gates at certain times, because my chat log was filled with other people from the free company logging in. Someone mentioned a similar flood happened at the exact same time the day before.

In short, if you're getting tired of spamming num-pad 0's or controller A's, try closer to the hour mark.

...or do what I did today, sign in before work and afk all day.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
サーバ: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-08-28 09:41:37  
Bismarck.Tragedie said: »

Sounds like a plan, man. ;)
 Shiva.Kewitt
サーバ: Shiva
user: ginger
By Shiva.Kewitt 2013-08-28 11:11:51  

This is what I did, Here hoping I'm logged in when I get home.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-28 13:55:51  
Carbuncle.Jabel said: »
Why would someone design a game that allows way more people to sign-UP than can sign-ON? I mean really, what is the point to have a bunch of your player base sitting around fuming about silly game decisions

They havent SE stuck on the log in restriction to help with server overloads in early access as it was frying the duty finder. The servers arent "full" in the sense that there are more characters created than can fit on that server its full to the restriction. SE will automactically lock out a full server on the character creation screen when the server reaches the limit. That first day of early access DF was down quite a bit where as in phase 3 it worked perfectly although there was a smaller player base. Open beta started with the error 90k, DF, because of the increased amount then there came the mass cluster *** of early access. They were worried that the disaster that 1.0 was had put people off buying the game, which it obviously hasnt and only bought 50 servers thinking it was going to enough. They even added servers either during phase 4 or early access and obviously that didnt work they only filled up very quickly.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-28 15:02:51  
3 hours later and still getting one 1017 after another. About time SE lost me as a customer if this happens another time or two.
I think players need to be more understanding about the situation here.

The number of servers that were planned for each region were based on the number of applicants for each beta phase prior to phase 4. Since then they have increased the number of servers available for each region, and we are receiving even more the coming week.

We have greatly surpassed their expectations and server capacities, which is a good thing for SE, not so much for the players. Since the data centers were being pushed beyond it's limit, issues were revealed with the software which resulted in major stability issues, like the 3102 error the majority of players experienced during phase 4.

Everyone needs to understand this right now, Beta Phase 4 was not meant for you to get a few extra days to play and "get ahead". That was never their intention, and everyone applying for beta should have understood that. Yes, your character data was going to be saved, and if you had access to Early Access as well then it was almost a week before the release date. However, Phase 4 was about pushing the limits of the servers, to reveal issues and fix them. SE did just that, and they didn't betray anyone during Phase 4.

I was locked out for over 24 hours, but I at least understood that this is what beta was for. To see so many people complaining like they're being cheated, like they just don't get it, or they refuse to accept that the beta was meant for something other than their character progression and getting fancy items.

Phase 4 revealed major server instability issues that is challenging them to fix as quickly as possible, because it isn't about finding a solution to let players back on to play some more. I saw hundreds of players suggest that they just restart the servers and let them back in, that would fix everything. Yes, you would be able to log back in, but the problem would be just the same and you would of got the issue again after an hour or so of playing, and SE would have to keep restarting the server just so you can play.

SE wasn't ignoring everyone during 3102, they had to examine and watch players zone so they could capture the issue, and it took a day to do so. 3102 is an error message you receive when your character is still logged into the game. You're still in the game, standing there with the connection lost symbol by your name. If you played XI then you should understand this. It usually takes a minute or so for you to d/c completely so you can log back in again, but your character wasn't being removed from the server.

1017 is a completely different error, it is the login restriction in place right now. The server periodically opens a small window to let ~100-1500 players in at a time, then it closes it afterwards. This is because their data centers cannot support the amount of players trying to log in at once. If they removed the restriction, there would be a huge wave of people logging in at once and problems would just occur again.

They are increasing the capacity to their data centers this week, and we will have an easier time logging in, plus each region will have even more servers.

I personally think they should of been stress testing during phase 3, or more so if they were already. I didn't participate in it. The game officially launched yesterday, so yes there are issues. This doesn't mean the game will always have these issues, and in a week or two the restrictions will be gone and you'll be able to log in like normal. SE needs its servers to be able to handle the population of the game first.

I also think they should upgrade their website software, having their forums crash because it can't handle the amount of people using them is a serious issue. I know they released lodestone, so maybe that helped, but I do often see maintenance when I visit.

There are issues, but they will be fixed soon. Saying that SE is going to lose a customer because of this, honestly, is just stupid for you to say. Let the impatient idiots leave who can't overlook the issues and appreciate the game for what it really is.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-08-28 15:10:03  

Not game design, hardware purchasing decision.

Shiva.Kewitt said: »

This attitude is probably a large part of why people can't play.

Personally I hope they autologout anyone who doesn't move for 2 hours.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-28 15:12:16  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Shiva.Kewitt said: »

This attitude is probably a large part of why people can't play.

Personally I hope they autologout anyone who doesn't move for 2 hours.
That isn't an option, some players enjoy keeping their characters logged in.

The problems we're experiencing right now aren't going to last for long, people just need to be patient while SE works to handle the demand.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2013-08-28 16:06:25  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Well today I didn't have a problem logging in, actually went 1/1! But, yesterday I had to click for about four hours, maybe I was just lucky :x hope not! Although this does make me never want to log out again though... :x
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2013-08-28 17:55:35  
Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said: »

Well today I didn't have a problem logging in, actually went 1/1! But, yesterday I had to click for about four hours, maybe I was just lucky :x hope not! Although this does make me never want to log out again though... :x

I love you XD
 Cerberus.Altsmithra
By Cerberus.Altsmithra 2013-08-28 20:18:51  
Kalila said: »
I think players need to be more understanding about the situation here.

The number of servers that were planned for each region were based on the number of applicants for each beta phase prior to phase 4. Since then they have increased the number of servers available for each region, and we are receiving even more the coming week.

We have greatly surpassed their expectations and server capacities, which is a good thing for SE, not so much for the players. Since the data centers were being pushed beyond it's limit, issues were revealed with the software which resulted in major stability issues, like the 3102 error the majority of players experienced during phase 4.

Everyone needs to understand this right now, Beta Phase 4 was not meant for you to get a few extra days to play and "get ahead". That was never their intention, and everyone applying for beta should have understood that. Yes, your character data was going to be saved, and if you had access to Early Access as well then it was almost a week before the release date. However, Phase 4 was about pushing the limits of the servers, to reveal issues and fix them. SE did just that, and they didn't betray anyone during Phase 4.

I was locked out for over 24 hours, but I at least understood that this is what beta was for. To see so many people complaining like they're being cheated, like they just don't get it, or they refuse to accept that the beta was meant for something other than their character progression and getting fancy items.

Phase 4 revealed major server instability issues that is challenging them to fix as quickly as possible, because it isn't about finding a solution to let players back on to play some more. I saw hundreds of players suggest that they just restart the servers and let them back in, that would fix everything. Yes, you would be able to log back in, but the problem would be just the same and you would of got the issue again after an hour or so of playing, and SE would have to keep restarting the server just so you can play.

SE wasn't ignoring everyone during 3102, they had to examine and watch players zone so they could capture the issue, and it took a day to do so. 3102 is an error message you receive when your character is still logged into the game. You're still in the game, standing there with the connection lost symbol by your name. If you played XI then you should understand this. It usually takes a minute or so for you to d/c completely so you can log back in again, but your character wasn't being removed from the server.

1017 is a completely different error, it is the login restriction in place right now. The server periodically opens a small window to let ~100-1500 players in at a time, then it closes it afterwards. This is because their data centers cannot support the amount of players trying to log in at once. If they removed the restriction, there would be a huge wave of people logging in at once and problems would just occur again.

They are increasing the capacity to their data centers this week, and we will have an easier time logging in, plus each region will have even more servers.

I personally think they should of been stress testing during phase 3, or more so if they were already. I didn't participate in it. The game officially launched yesterday, so yes there are issues. This doesn't mean the game will always have these issues, and in a week or two the restrictions will be gone and you'll be able to log in like normal. SE needs its servers to be able to handle the population of the game first.

I also think they should upgrade their website software, having their forums crash because it can't handle the amount of people using them is a serious issue. I know they released lodestone, so maybe that helped, but I do often see maintenance when I visit.

There are issues, but they will be fixed soon. Saying that SE is going to lose a customer because of this, honestly, is just stupid for you to say. Let the impatient idiots leave who can't overlook the issues and appreciate the game for what it really is.

Almost had me there..
However a huge company like SE should have had this taken care of, and been more communicative since they knew SO MANY people bought the game.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-08-30 10:51:04  
Cerberus.Altsmithra said: »

Almost had me there..
However a huge company like SE should have had this taken care of, and been more communicative since they knew SO MANY people bought the game.
I agree to an extent, but I'm sure a large number of people (myself included) pre-ordered the game with a week or less before launch; I'm sure they sized their data centers well before that. They probably had their "oh ***, we're under capacity for this" moment before the pre-order period began (edit for clarity: by pre-order period I mean time when players could actually log into the game), but increasing capacity is more than they could feasibly do in a short period (days).
 Cerberus.Sey
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2013-08-30 11:43:29  
Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said: »

The only problem with that is once you hit the player queue screen, it'll hit cancel and exit you out.