フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Unacceptable?
Unacceptable?
First Page 2
 Valefor.Ivaan
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-28 19:49:47  
i havent complained thus far with the log in issues, but i think enough is enough.

Didnt they do maint last night to expand all servers and we STILL are getting 1017 issues?

whats up with that
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-28 19:51:18  
well im getting in alot easier than usual, but i don't think thats what the fix was for? they said they are in the process of fixing it
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-28 19:52:57  
Fenrir.Rinnsi said: »
well im getting in alot easier than usual, but i don't think thats what the fix was for? they said they are in the process of fixing it

it better not have been seeing how after liek 10 mins of spamming i get on a que for 127 players then 10 mins later it says server is full.

They need to expand the servers.

Everyone on mine last night said thats what they were doing with the maint.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-28 19:55:41  
they might of fixed a few things, but the major server issue? no way
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-28 19:56:49  
From Kali's post yesterday:
08/27/2013 9:23 PM
[Maintenance] All Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Aug.28)

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn to perform the following operations. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

[Details]
- Address minor issues discovered since Early Access as well as previously confirmed issues
- Preparations for adding new Worlds in the following week
- Preparations for handling an influx in concurrent user counts as a result of split processing the duty finder

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after the date and time below.

* We will announce details of the fixes at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 28, 2013 from 12:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. (PDT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

* [Updated: Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:20 p.m. (PDT)] Added maintenance details.

The actual fix is scheduled for early next week. Calm thy bosom.
[+]
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-28 20:06:04  
there still is no reason to not be able to even log into a game that has already launched. When this happened in prior stages i had no qualms, but this is annoying.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-28 20:15:22  
1017 isn't an issue, it's the login restriction in place.
[+]
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-28 20:19:02  
lol, its an issue for people trying to log in.

Now im stuck on the loading page, i guess at least its a step foward.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-28 20:26:54  
Well of course it's going to be an issue for players, everyone just wants to log in and play.

They are adding new servers, and upgrading the data centers for all regions just to support the current and expected demand, they weren't expecting this many people to want to play.
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-28 20:28:57  
I would like to know how much a server can hold at this point.

i was on a queue list of 264 now the connection to the server is completely gone lol
By Lillica 2013-08-28 21:06:33  
I still don't get the whole, oh you can not log into your character on your world, well to solve the problem we will make new worlds.

I don't want a god damned new world, I want to log into the one I am already a part of!
 Siren.Knivesz
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-29 02:20:03  
I'm hoping they give out free world transfers for anyone in a locked/full server to go to some of the new servers they are opening next week. I pretty much want out of Diabolos now, as according to some people its the second most populated server atm (by no means official, just what ppl are saying and I don't have any statistic supporting that) and I only picked this server to begin with cause i figured it'd be one of the smaller servers (like in 11).
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-08-29 06:35:41  
You're already playing ARR. You will forgive them.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-29 06:54:57  
Siren.Knivesz said: »
I'm hoping they give out free world transfers for anyone in a locked/full server to go to some of the new servers they are opening next week. I pretty much want out of Diabolos now, as according to some people its the second most populated server atm (by no means official, just what ppl are saying and I don't have any statistic supporting that) and I only picked this server to begin with cause i figured it'd be one of the smaller servers (like in 11).

The servers arent "full" its the log in restrictions do people not know how to read things these days? Once the log in restrictions are removed in the next week or two you will be logging in like XI without waiting. If you are wanting a small server you are out of luck they are all going to have a large population if this week is any to go by so your only other option is to go back to XI.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-29 06:58:01  
Lillica said: »
I still don't get the whole, oh you can not log into your character on your world, well to solve the problem we will make new worlds.

I don't want a god damned new world, I want to log into the one I am already a part of!

Like I said in my previous post the server you are on isnt "full" its the log in restrictions SE has put in place so the servers dont die.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2013-08-29 07:57:16  
Kalila said: »
Well of course it's going to be an issue for players, everyone just wants to log in and play.

They are adding new servers, and upgrading the data centers for all regions just to support the current and expected demand, they weren't expecting this many people to want to play.
I mean you know I like you and I don't mean to be the *** here. But the "they weren't expecting this many people" is kinda ***. I am fairly sure that they are able to see the amount of game copy they sold.

All games get a peek of players at launch, which usually resolve itself a month ish later. No real game companies want to pay for huge server space. They know the amount of player will go lower and they pay for that average amount.

The annoying thing for ARR people right now is that SE does have the server space to handle most ppl (not everyone) but they made a login restriction of 10%, which leaves the other 90% frustrated. Doing something like this during a beta phase is totally acceptable, doing it during a launch isn't.

The main problem was ARR betas only lasting 1-2 days. Not all players were able to log on and truly test the servers. That and the fact there is no inactive kick out. There is no bazaar in this game, there is absolutely no need for anyone to stay online. But due to the recent attack of the "1017", I can't really blame them for doing so.

Not being able to play for 3 entire days because my time to play was always around 5 pm est, was quite frustrating.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-29 09:21:46  
Took me 10mins to get on yesterday at 9:20pm BST which is 4:20pm EST and that was for excalibur that server is very highly populated could very well be highest in population so yeah. Open beta was the stress test and it didnt have as much problems as we are having now and all the betas have been set over the weekend, which is 2 days and 3 days for phase 4, when most people are off work.

As for seeing copies sold they can see how many have been preordered but thats no where close to how many digital copies could be sold on launch day since thats when the game was released for sale. So the excuse is actually quite valid. After reading through the all the butt hurt on here and official forums all ive to say is STFU and deal with launch week or dont play it.
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-08-29 09:35:20  
This garbage boils down to them having close to no money to afford a DECENT SERVER FARM due to their financial situation. They certainly did the best they could with what money they had before the launch.

Now that a bunch of IDIOTS (Me included. Calling people IDIOTS in jest, mind you...) paid them at least 20 bucks, they can afford setting a properly sized server cluster and solving this issue.

I am sure they appreciate everyone's patronage and patience.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-08-29 11:58:26  
Honestly, its been better than I expected. Though I still think they should have had the beta go on for longer. Especially phase 4 with all that 30102.

You can pretty much expect that the first couple months are going to be a bit rough since it's very difficult to estimate how many people are going to play, how long they will play for ect.

Servers are quite expensive and when you have way more people than expected playing, it makes it very difficult to deal with. And yeah they probably don't have much in the way of funds so they ended up under investing.

I hope they make the right decisions with the money they get from all this and reinvest heavily in to the game's infrastructure.
[+]
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-29 12:11:47  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Open beta was the stress test and it didnt have as much problems as we are having now and all the betas have been set over the weekend, which is 2 days and 3 days for phase 4, when most people are off work.

You keep saying this every time I see you post. Did you not play the Beta 4? Or have you just been playing on JP servers this whole time? Cause these problems did not just suddenly start at launch, they have been active since beta 4. And as for the servers not being full and it just being a log in restriction do you have any idea why they put the log in restriction in place in the first place? Hint it has something to do with overpopulation (do you honestly believe the worlds still experiencing problems will be open for character creation or incoming world transfers anytime soon?)

Also notice I never said I wanted to go to a small server (any idiot would know that no such server would exist in a game following launch). I said I wanted to transfer into a "smaller" server (I assure you these still exist, not all NA servers are locked down) where its not overpopulated to the point where character creation is disabled and log in limits are having to be set in order to stabilize a server which would otherwise be stressed and crippled due to overpopulation (such as 3102 errors). I would think SE would love it if some people transferred out of these servers and into newer or less populated servers anyway as it would alleviate some of the problems they are experiencing.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-29 12:16:29  
I played open beta and never had an issue with congestion. The zones were CRAMMED and I never saw a que over 50.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-29 12:26:21  
I played on open beta but was only able to play a day before 3102 error locked me out the remaining two days. It was just open beta anyway so I didn't care nor complain but I'm just saying these problems existed then as well. They didn't just simply pop up now. Sure the launch probably exacerbated the problem even further but it didn't create a problem that was already there on several servers in the first place.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-08-29 12:55:23  
Standard MMO launch issue, just another reason not to play on opening week.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-29 12:56:49  
Siren.Knivesz said: »
I played on open beta but was only able to play a day before 3102 error locked me out the remaining two days. It was just open beta anyway so I didn't care nor complain but I'm just saying these problems existed then as well. They didn't just simply pop up now. Sure the launch probably exacerbated the problem even further but it didn't create a problem that was already there on several servers in the first place.

Well, yes, density doesn't CREATE issues, it definitely will make them more pronounced. But I can't understand how they could know how many people were eligible for early access and how many participated in open beta and not see this coming.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-29 13:14:02  
I played beta phase 3 and open beta so yes never had any massive issue nor did most of the people I knew 2 out of them got error 90k. Error 3102 wasnt permanent either I got that for 20mins sunday night. Duty finder worked fine didnt have any problem with logging in apart from that 20mins and I played all saturday sunday night and all monday. Yes some issues were there but not as it was with early access or on launch day. On early access duty finder stopped working all together and a 3 hour maint happened a few hours in which didnt fix the problem either due to the mass wave of people. Long story short not enough people joined the open beta to see these problem occur.

"I only picked this server to begin with cause I figured it'd be one of the smaller servers"

That to me says you picked diabolos because it was a smaller server idk about you but thats plain to see. SE put the log in restriction on so the servers wouldnt overload and keep crashing at least this way people would still be able to play although a smaller group. I hope they do keep servers locked so people have to make characters on the new ones. This is a normal launch people just need to deal with it and stop bitching simple as. Actually my friend was trying to make a char the launch day and it gave him 1 server as an option some people ive seen on facebook havent been able to select a server.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-29 13:59:08  
I havent had issues logging in on excalibur during NA prime time. 6pm just kept spamming for maybe 5 mins and i would log in. duty finder has a lag for me sometimes. where it takes 15 seconds to start porting me into the event but other than that no issues and runs amazingly. And excalibur is one of the most if not the most populated NA server.

Im sure they are slowly getting the servers to the point where they can handle what they hoped they can handle. but with so many sales of the game i can see them doubling the servers.

Free transfers for everyone first few weeks to a month after the launch of new servers so they can get current servers to a known working amount and then lock them.

ppl would have a couple options.
1. stick on your server even if you have log in issues and hope that others on the server jump ship to the less crowded servers.

or
2. bite the bullet and jump ship to a new server and maybe bring your friends with you.

either way there should be relief within a week.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-29 14:04:24  
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
. bite the bullet and jump ship to a new server and maybe bring your friends with you.

Would love for them to allow this.
 Asura.Daxcat
サーバ: Asura
user: Daxia
By Asura.Daxcat 2013-08-29 14:05:32  
So... My boyfriend bought the digital downloadable collectors edition on the 26th August (Monday just gone), finally logged on in the morning of the 27th August after going to bed and letting it update overnight etc (update wasn't long but he purchased it late). I see the ingame graphics, content and think "yeah.. ok I'll give it a go!". So I come home form work on the day of release - 28th August (yesterday) go to my PC to download the game and am greeted with "Coming Soon" as the text where the "buy now" option was for my boyfriend only 48hours previously. They've only stopped all digital bloody downloads of the game to all EU customers. It's ridiculous.

They really should just do a server maint/reset to chuck out all those who are AFK so people can play. Also, it's not like they don't have the money to provide more servers, I'm no IT expert and I've no clue how hard or difficult it is to set up another server but with the amount of servers they've "merged" from FFXI, they've defo got some spare.

Grr, the most frustrating bit is watching someone else play when I want to play too! *sulk*
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-29 14:08:57  
They have already said a while ago their are adding more servers. They are also trying to reconfigure or enhance the current server's structure but I wouldn't expect the currently locked servers to be unlocked.
First Page 2