users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » Skirmish asistance
Skirmish asistance
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-08-29 23:42:30  
i hereby offer an assistance to anyone having a hard time to form a skirmish 2 pt.
i can supply heavy DD, whm and brd
We will not be lotting on anything since we will not be getting a ki.
however runs must be (had, torso,legs):
3+/1/1 (recommend for ppl with no aoudolin weapons)
3+/3/3/ ( recommend for ppl with delve or skirmish weapons)
By Geddoe99 2013-08-30 00:40:47  
For all those who are tempted to take Gaiarorshack up on his offer the whm and brd he brings with him are his other characters. In all fairness one person who has 3-4 characters in a run is taking advantage of other players by monopolizing chest items. Furthermore the more characters being controlled by the same person often ends up in slower response times and death of other players besides his own.
By Voren 2013-08-30 00:49:23  
If he brings DD, BRD, and WHM it shouldn't be too difficult to keep up.

BRD: buff DD's with double march, or march and attack+
DD: click on mob, bash.
WHM: Cure and status ailment removal.

Not saying it would be easy, but to take a few people who have no SoA weapons and gear in and help them, it's better than paying upteen million for delve clears and praying for a plasm farm. In this case, you supply the pop, which ranges between 150K-200K each. Much cheaper.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-08-30 00:57:34  
I normally bring 3 characters, including a brd, who I just let sit there and do nothing, then t/n the last 7-8 minutes of the run; and even that is probably unnecessary. Skirmish really isn't that hard. There's no problem with him bringing multiple characters as long as he brings multiple pops.
By Lizk 2013-08-30 01:26:24  
For 3/3/3 bring a sch, regen V should be enough to keep everyone alive forever.
By Voren 2013-08-30 01:46:29  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
long as he brings multiple pops.

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
We will not be lotting on anything since we will not be getting a ki.

If they can do a T2 pop then the deal is worth it. If they spam T1's, then the OP probably needs to do at least 1 pop. I didn't think of that in my above post.

It's still a pretty decent deal TBH.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-08-30 01:59:12  
Geddoe99 said: »
For all those who are tempted to take Gaiarorshack up on his offer the whm and brd he brings with him are his other characters. In all fairness one person who has 3-4 characters in a run is taking advantage of other players by monopolizing chest items. Furthermore the more characters being controlled by the same person often ends up in slower response times and death of other players besides his own.

A very valid concern but let me just correct some mistakes
im not taking on 3-4 characters im taking in 2. (The whm is played by another person who likes me is already filled on the armors drops). I only mentioned whm brd and dd, im guessing you had to mention 4 because exaggeration helps your point through ?

In this case brd and dd
brd need one macro to marcato/nitro songs and they last for 6+ mins
on a 10 mins ja timer that means double marches +marcato effect 60% of the times, then another macro for marches the rest 4 mins for the 10 mins JA timer.
With acceptance for a few seconds downtime here and there thats 2 macro hits in 10 mins or rather 5 macro hits during a run of 25 mins

if you still truly believe hitting 5 macros during a 25min run is goings to have a sever reducing effect on playing a DD then my only response can be: "I don't know you or your play skill, but i can assure you its not a problem for me."
By Geddoe99 2013-08-30 11:29:18  
i hereby offer an assistance
"We will not be lotting on anything since we will not be getting a ki."

Now like I mentioned earlier about fairness to other player who are providing pops since Gaiarorshark stated he and his alts will not be providing pops he is still monopolizing chest drops now if he was providing pops as well with all of his alts. From my own game play on the same server I have seen gaiarorshack and his three other alts in tow on more than one occasion and have seen him leeching plasm and delve nm kis with then in alliances his has made or tried to get into.
 Siren.Taruina
サーバ: Siren
user: zerich
By Siren.Taruina 2013-08-30 11:40:30  

Now like I mentioned earlier about fairness to other player who are providing pops since Gaiarorshark stated he and his alts will not be providing pops he is still monopolizing chest drops now if he was providing pops as well with all of his alts. From my own game play on the same server I have seen gaiarorshack and his three other alts in tow on more than one occasion and have seen him leeching plasm and delve nm kis with then in alliances his has made or tried to get into.

ftfy.
Also, they're upfront on what they're doing. Take your personal vendetta to /yell, so you can get banned or something.
 Asura.Gabba
サーバ: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Gabba 2013-08-30 12:23:44  
lol.... nice leeching chests. 3 players, healer(SCH), 2x dd can clear even t5 body. healer and a dd stay @ camp, other DD get stockades up asap and kill dens... simple enough, add one more dd to kill dens faster, more than is not needed, probably if you don't kill dens.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-08-30 13:13:54  
I fail to understand why you guys are even talking about taking DDs since I assume by DDs you mean Heavy DDs, MNK, DRK, SAM, that kinda thing. In Skirmish you only need 2 decent BLM/SCH/RDMs to kill everything easily with T3~4/T2~3-ga spells, and possibly a BRD &/or WHM to help with healing/refresh. The only reason I bring a melee DD in the first place is for dens, because they have so much HP they eat up MP easily so a melee can just TP/WS on it for 3 minutes to kill it easier than a mage.

In the end, just don't invite him if you don't want to. I wont be, I have no need to, I can triple box a Skirmish if I want to by simply going on my RDM, my GF's GEO, and bring my friend's character to stand there since I need him to enter. At the same time, there is no need to sit here & continue on about it if you don't need help from him anyways.

You pointed out hes not buying pops or anything, just getting items on the character he brings, at the same time, he is helping those who may need it. If I had no good nuking job, nor access to 3 characters, and did not want to shout myself, I might go ask him for help. He benefits from the items he obtains for his time, while not having to buy pops, I benefit with the gear that drops & items I obtain. Really, a win win for everyone involved, but if you don't need the help, you need not concern yourself with it in the first place.

If you think about it what he is doing is no different than if you were to have a LS member doing a run and they needed people to come, you went, but at the same time you told them you can not afford a pop yourself. They could choose to bring you or not, same with this, you can choose, anyone who takes him with them for assistance, knows what to expect, anyone who doesn't, they are not effected, so it shouldn't be an issue.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-08-30 15:07:20  

Leeching = Doing the work ? i might just misunderstand but i though leeching would be getting something without doing the main work.
again your need to exaggerate

if you are talking about the plasma run when i shout, i did bring my whm mule because so many whm are just fail.
Half the time i cant even get haste from them.
So at least i know that my pt will have a whm that keeps up haste and bar spell and cures without running out of mp.
a bit slow on the -na spells for sure, but still way better hen 90% of the PUG whm's

not to mention the plasma outcome is never as low as the ones i join when other shouts, and have a "dedicated" whm. even when we get at mnk screwing up matamata over and over and making us use 35 mins to kill it we get out with more than 6500.

what else...

you talk about ki nm
I got most mine on gaia quad boxing thats true.
I had gaia in the alliance and 2xwhm and a brd outside for extra healing. and yes i still parse 2nd best cured amount in the run
i can't se how its bad thing bringing extra cures for a nm without getting any extra drop or ki.

or maybe it was about my latest run against tax'et for a ls mate.
we couldn't get enough ppl for an alliance and not enough healers or brd's for enfeebling so yes i brought in mules again to cover spots that would otherwise be empty. I truly am sorry to try to use my best possible resources to make ppl have a successful run that I'm paying for, because i want to help a ls mate.

anyway from what i can gather from your post i can draw 2 semi-conclusions:
Your need to exaggerate to make you point better/worse seems ti imply that you know within yourself that the truth is not good enough to argue your case so you need to empower it.
And you must think duo boxing skirmish must be something hard since you make such a big deal out of it.
Well i typed this response while duo boxing dd and brd in skirmish (we did some 3-3-3's a 3-2-2 and a 3-1-1 all wins) and heck i even get up to grab potato chips as well.
If that sounds so hard for you, maybe we are just at a different level of playing skills :-/

and again this is a simple offer nothing is hiding about it there is no scam. You are welcome to not want to take it. I hold no grudge against you.
This are meant for ppl that can't get a group gathered or does not get invited into shouts due to pre SoA gear.
If you don't like the offer, yuo dont have to take it.
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-09-01 09:15:36  

Leeching = Doing the work ? i might just misunderstand but i though leeching would be getting something without doing the main work.
again your need to exaggerate

if you are talking about the plasma run when i shout, i did bring my whm mule because so many whm are just fail.
Half the time i cant even get haste from them.
So at least i know that my pt will have a whm that keeps up haste and bar spell and cures without running out of mp.
a bit slow on the -na spells for sure, but still way better hen 90% of the PUG whm's

not to mention the plasma outcome is never as low as the ones i join when other shouts, and have a "dedicated" whm. even when we get at mnk screwing up matamata over and over and making us use 35 mins to kill it we get out with more than 6500.

what else...

you talk about ki nm
I got most mine on gaia quad boxing thats true.
I had gaia in the alliance and 2xwhm and a brd outside for extra healing. and yes i still parse 2nd best cured amount in the run
i can't se how its bad thing bringing extra cures for a nm without getting any extra drop or ki.

or maybe it was about my latest run against tax'et for a ls mate.
we couldn't get enough ppl for an alliance and not enough healers or brd's for enfeebling so yes i brought in mules again to cover spots that would otherwise be empty. I truly am sorry to try to use my best possible resources to make ppl have a successful run that I'm paying for, because i want to help a ls mate.

anyway from what i can gather from your post i can draw 2 semi-conclusions:
Your need to exaggerate to make you point better/worse seems ti imply that you know within yourself that the truth is not good enough to argue your case so you need to empower it.
And you must think duo boxing skirmish must be something hard since you make such a big deal out of it.
Well i typed this response while duo boxing dd and brd in skirmish (we did some 3-3-3's a 3-2-2 and a 3-1-1 all wins) and heck i even get up to grab potato chips as well.
If that sounds so hard for you, maybe we are just at a different level of playing skills :-/

and again this is a simple offer nothing is hiding about it there is no scam. You are welcome to not want to take it. I hold no grudge against you.
This are meant for ppl that can't get a group gathered or does not get invited into shouts due to pre SoA gear.
If you don't like the offer, yuo dont have to take it.
You bot. No skill involved.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-09-01 13:20:33  
While I agree, I am sure he does, I mean I have seen examples of such laziness from him in the past, it makes little difference in what he offers. He offers to help those who need someone else to go with, he just wont buy pops, he will join to help and help alone, nothing more, his drops in his box are his reward for assisting those who need it with their run. Its simple, nothing wrong with it, and if you don't like it don't use it, no need to argue about it...
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-01 13:37:12  
If you're not bringing a pop you're honestly wasting everyones time and leeching. Anyone who has done skirmish a lot knows that the gear is not the hard part, so you're pretty much leeching to an extreme degree. All I'm seeing here is someone trying to get free stones without putting in gil.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-09-01 18:50:38  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
If you're not bringing a pop you're honestly wasting everyones time and leeching. Anyone who has done skirmish a lot knows that the gear is not the hard part, so you're pretty much leeching to an extreme degree. All I'm seeing here is someone trying to get free stones without putting in gil.
This exactly.It is not hard to form a party for it.Every time i shout i get many replies.