日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » NA/EU Server issues
NA/EU Server issues
 Siren.Knivesz
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-31 15:55:15  
The most amusing part of all this is that all these new servers wont be needed a month or two from now when at least a quarter of the population quits anyway. This overwhelming population is more an anomaly than anything and they wont be able to keep all these people for more than two or three months if that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-31 16:13:18  
Valefor.Dischord said: »
Yes you paid for the game, but isn't that the point? You don't have to beat this game in 5 days like you rented it. It's just a game.
I know many new players who are already level 50, doing end game stuff.

500 players trying to kill behemoth? Now that just sounds miserable.

No thanks, I'll enjoy experiencing the game for everything it has to offer instead of just end game. End game is never that fun, for me anyways. I don't see the appeal of skipping over the majority of the game just to do end game, then in a few weeks probably cry because there is nothing to do, because everything they haven't done is beneath them.

<3 early / mid game
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-08-31 16:33:50  
Kalila said: »
Just chill out and go do something you've been putting off

QFT
 Asura.Unstopable
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Unstopable 2013-08-31 16:54:29  
The only thing that frustrates me is that I am unable to get on the same server as my GF and vice versa .... They should go back to the 11 world pass system !! Haha
[+]
By Antaress 2013-08-31 17:26:52  
world pass system instead of just blocking ***would really be awesome =/ but then they wouldn't make as much money when releasing the server transfer option, so...
 Valefor.Ivaan
サーバ: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-31 17:30:21  
Question, when it says unable to update na / eu server, and then i click on world list, it says obtaining the world lists....

is that just false hope? i am curious if anyone waited on that for a bit and it loaded them up, bc so far is hasnt for me at all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2013-08-31 17:33:20  
Log all the way out and back in, I'm able to finally click NA/EU but getting blocked by 1017, maybe you'll have luck!
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-31 17:33:55  
guess its worth a shot lol.
By Strikeforce 2013-08-31 17:34:28  
The part that makes me sad/mad is they didn't expect this game to be this good?!? They should have known this was going to happen and overly prepped and planned for this IMO. Yoshi said himself the game has "exceeded expectations".
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-08-31 17:42:39  
Strikeforce said: »
The part that makes me sad/mad is they didn't expect this game to be this good?!? They should have known this was going to happen and overly prepped and planned for this IMO. Yoshi said himself the game has "exceeded expectations".

in the time i quit ff11 in preperation of this game (Flame on flamers of you wish! perceive i quit 11 bc this was coming out ! its not, i am referring to the point i quit 11 due to other reasons (quote in a quote, i have no regrets, i had my fun with 11 and its over ending on a good note) and got accepted to beta and wanted to play)

I tested out a couple other mmos and this is definitely the most fun ive had in a long time mmo wise. note, fun, actual fun.

it exceeded even what i thought about it lol.

anyway, is it normal to be relived i can see my character on the login screen now that i am passed the unable to load na server message, but still not log in? lol XD
 Fenrir.Moldtech
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2013-08-31 18:00:38  
How can people be getting this mad? seriously, they're having issues and they're trying to fix them.

It's amazing how so many people don't have a sympathetic bone in their body, or can't be understanding about the situation. All they see is red and hate.

Just chill out and go do something you've been putting off since you started playing the game >.>

It's easy, it's called doing what you were paid to do right the first time. What job do you hold that allows poor workmanship as a normal everyday practice? Where you customers who pay you for you service are to sympathize with you being incompetent in doing the job correctly. In my world, people would be fired for such a performance.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-08-31 18:01:28  
Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
How can people be getting this mad? seriously, they're having issues and they're trying to fix them.

It's amazing how so many people don't have a sympathetic bone in their body, or can't be understanding about the situation. All they see is red and hate.

Just chill out and go do something you've been putting off since you started playing the game >.>

It's easy, it's called doing what you were paid to do right the first time. What job do you hold that allows poor workmanship as a normal everyday practice? Where you customers who pay you for you service are to sympathize with you being incompetent in doing the job correctly. In my world, people would be fired for such a performance.

What is,the government?
[+]
By Lillica 2013-08-31 18:02:06  

Apparently you have never heard of the US Government.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Mirvana
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-08-31 19:33:56  

Someone's obviously never worked IT. You almost never get anything right the first time, often needing feedback and testing to find errors and requiring time to fix them.
SE built the number of servers they thought would suffice (SE still expects players to be logging in and out, not sitting afk while they sleep) and they undershot.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-08-31 22:15:14  
I am terrible at this so i translated this online ..

上記にて補填内容と作業詳細、近況報告が吉田さんよりあったわけですが。

皆さんの反応が
『割に合わない』
等批判的なにがほとんど。

正式サービス開始が27日。メンテ日が4日約1週間が該当期間になりますよね。
そして補填も1週間(予定)。
メンテ発表も29日と、かなり速い対応だったとおもいます。

期間も筋のとおった内容だと思うんですが、それ以上を求めるのは質の悪いクレーマーになってしまいますよ。
1週間被害を被った。では1週間補填します。
筋が通ってます。

おまけに勘違いされてる方が多いですが、無料期間は本体料金に含まれてないですよね(;´д`)
それを補填対応までしていただける。

The follow-up report on the load balancing and enhancing world

It is Yoshida newborn FFXIV producer / director .
And login restrictions to world of continued , by creating a new character limit ,
It has the inconvenience to our customers and everyone , of many players , I am sorry .
I will inform you further news about the prospects and working conditions, up to the present time .

■ About the current situation ■

In the development / management team currently operating limitations of all the world to in order to accommodate everyone in the player ,
Until last minute while continuing to monitor the real-time , and full world down does not occur ,
I perform the release and implementation of the character creation limit and login restrictions .
Maximum concurrent connections that are offered now is the state you are keep to the point where more than 230,000 people .
In addition , some , such as down the content world has occurred , I have been the inconvenience .

■ The planned maintenance for a long time to 9 /4 Wednesday Japan time ■

And I mentioned the other day , adding new world , and matching load distribution processing by the content finder ,
Work is progressing smoothly at present , work is finished tomorrow , we expect insider test may be implemented from the beginning of the week .

While looking at the result of insider test from the work progress of the current , we conducted the maintenance for a long time to 9 /4 Japan time ,
We plan to add more than one of the new world , as well as to implement the group split processing of server finder .
Above , the maintenance , it has not been scheduled for Wednesday Japan time , and load balancing after the introduction by the finder grouping ,
It is expected to be larger than the current simultaneous login number upper limit of each world .

The login rush large is expected and is expected to be able to open the world each carefully maintenance after implementation .
Congestion because the predicted immediately after maintenance , please understand also to the respect that .

Development / management team as soon as possible , in order to deliver the login stable environment to all players ,
Since I hit the work at full power continuously , for your cooperation and understanding , thank you .

■ for the grant of free time ■

Login restrictions of current , by the character creation limit , in view of the situation that the inconvenience to everyone in the development / management team ,
Including the dormant accounts from the old FFXIV, FFXIV players to all accounts ,
We are considering grant additional free period of 7 days at the moment .
( You will be free to the period you currently have , and add extension of 7 days)
Additional grant of this free period , had a plan to do in order to all the world after maintenance .
Implementation Completion free grant period , and finalized , later on I will report about the exact number of days additional free period .

You will end up with a result that while fired but have a favorable reception than the expected restriction applies during play time, etc. This time ,
I have been the inconvenience enormously to the customer . I am really sorry .

As soon as there is progress , so I will announce the situation continues , thank you .

Was posted a bit ago http://sqex.to/Mje

Hope this helps everyone!
 Siren.Knivesz
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-08-31 22:42:15  
Wonder what that 230,000 is on there. Is that how many people can be on at once across all servers combined? There is no way each server has 230,000 people in them. That's like the population of all the FFXI servers combined.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-08-31 22:47:59  
Im guessing thats how many slots they have for 14 at one time across all servers. Which to be honest is huge. Im hoping they push that number to 400k at least provided thats what it actually is

Also if you do the math..

230k users
12.99 a month for the lowest tier

Thats like $3m a month for them lol and we all know there is more than 230k users since we cant login!
By Quiznor 2013-08-31 23:06:17  
Siren.Knivesz said: »
Wonder what that 230,000 is on there. Is that how many people can be on at once across all servers combined? There is no way each server has 230,000 people in them. That's like the population of all the FFXI servers combined.

More like "thats 8 times XI combined!"

On topic. The current servers can handle 5k people at once. Amount of created chars is several times that. Not including current restrictions or whatever will happen next week.

Oh and look up the server that elder scrolls online will be using.

A mega-server. Up to 6 million players at once
 Leviathan.Banota
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Variable
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-09-01 03:16:27  
elder scrolls online studied it well for the past years, they investigated issues player face with so many other games including ffxi. They are more customer focused when developing the game.
By Raborn 2013-09-01 08:11:42  

That's a Fan boy attitude.

Siren.Knivesz said: »
Considering everyone paid at least 30 bucks minumum to play a game they aren't allowed to even log in to.

Bismarck.Aerison said: »
Excuse me for wanting to play a game that I paid for. During the betas I fully understood that all sorts of things could happen, but they couldn't have thought,

"well gee we had x amount of players on the p4 beta, but we sold triple the amount in pre-orders."

"Meh *** it the same amount of servers should sufice."

I completely supported SE during the betas on maintenance and shutting down servers to fix so this wouldn't happen on the release so don't give me that sympathy crap.

The reason I want to file a complaint and have SE punished for this is because if they get away with it, they'll do it again and again (like they have been and continue to do). You can't release a product on the market, that isn't ready for use. This product, was not ready for use. Anyone who is a programmer knows they can't release a bad program that at every turn shuts down, returns errors and in general doesn't work. It's why we have try catches, it stops redundancies from occurring more than necessary and when a problem does occur in the program its fixed in 2-3 days tops. Square Enix did not do this, has not fixed the problems. They are not making this game for you, they are making it for your money. If that fact has not become obvious by now then you are lost.

The Fan boy attitude, the one that says oh yeah they'll do it right next time. Is what causes companies to get away with stuff like this and get worse at it over and over.

No you can't predict the future, but you can prepare for it. And my implications are to correct this from happening to people in the future, with no struggle comes no progress.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-09-01 10:38:04  
You can't really file a complaint and have them 'punished'... the EULA that you agreed to protects them from things like server downtime and maintenance (okay I didn't read the thing but I'm sure they're not gonna release a game and open themselves up to litigation). Besides, I'm sure them having to suspend digital sales of their new game stings enough. I mean if it's bad enough you have to suspend sales... the whole point of this is to sell FFXIV copies in the first place, isn't it?

It's still frustrating when you can't log on (or get booted out with a 90000 error, etc). Some of my friends can't play because they didn't make their character on our server fast enough. At least Squeenix is planning free subscription days to compensate... so far everything they've done (post release) has been right for trying to take care of their customer base.

Still frustrating for sure, but I do like the way they have been handling it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2013-09-01 10:56:23  
Wanted to give FFXIV a try and downloaded the beta client for update. Apparently SE didn't send me an email on how to install the game as a legacy member and I can't find any info on that on the official site.

Logged in, created a new character. Couldn't create a new character on any NA/EU server and had to try the JP server. Couldn't log in to JP server. Used my legacy character to log in. Couldn't get in and got myself a 1017-error.

I'll try it next month or something. I'll keep poking on Skyrim and tons of other on sale games for the moment. Off topic: anyone here got the origin bundle? I have a few games from that bundle I can trade.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-09-01 13:20:57  
Yes you paid for the game, but isn't that the point? You don't have to beat this game in 5 days like you rented it. It's just a game.

No thanks, I'll enjoy experiencing the game for everything it has to offer instead of just end game. End game is never that fun, for me anyways. I don't see the appeal of skipping over the majority of the game just to do end game, then in a few weeks probably cry because there is nothing to do, because everything they haven't done is beneath them.

<3 early / mid game

I can agree with some of this but leveling gives you access to much better stuff. A mount for instance to run to fates without sprinting (losing tp), or joining a Grand Company for more Hunting Log fun, or higher level dungeons. Sunken Temple was the most fun ive had so far, it was pretty difficult until you figured out the strats. Even Primal fights. I agree you should definitely enjoy the game but leveling, even quick adds to the enjoyment for this game imo.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2013-09-01 13:33:14  
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

I'm normally one of the first to defend SE but I can't this time. I would have thought they would have made more than what was expected server wise just to make sure this didn't happen. Especially as this is the 30 day trial for probably the majority of the players.

While I am patient enough to see it through, I can't speak for everyone.

They have had 3 years to prepare for this.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Titox
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2013-09-01 20:36:13  

<3 early / mid game

<3 I am Lvl44 Monk but the funny thing....i am not hurrying though(especially that i am playing solo..not even in a LS/FC).... i am just hook doing dungeons......doing FATE events, farming seals/gear with levemete, loved the titan fight music, hunting logs, wanting to see what is going to happen in the storyline....that i ended in lvl44 XD

I have enjoy everything especially the beautiful places!....i loved the weather in the game
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-01 20:51:27  
Raborn said: »

That's a Fan boy attitude.
I've criticized SquareEnix more than most on this forum, on many different occasions, most recently calling them out for only making 2/3 of a game in the past 10 years.

SE needed this, and they dropped the ball again. It's an amazing game, I love it, but there are so many issues with the game. I'm not even talking about server issues, basic mechanics with the interface that just aren't there. I'm not going to bother listing them all, but my major concern is with the map.

I'm not being a fanboy, I'm saying some of you are being downright evil and nasty right now, showing absolutely no signs of sympathy or having any understanding whats going on, just reacting hatefully. I don't understand how people can behave that way, when they've made it very clear what's going on, and they've been very open with us about it.

In case you aren't aware, SE doesn't have the money to overshoot and host servers that are under capacity. They tried to estimate how many people were going to be interested in playing, and they were wrong. They are now upgrading their data centers to meet the demand. Almost no online game gets it right the first time, SE is no exception. They didn't expect this many people to want to play their game.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Greggles
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2013-09-01 21:02:23  
This is a bit off-topic, but what qualms do you have with the UI? I can't find any issues with it personally..
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-01 21:12:17  
I'm sure most of the issues I have with it are simply because I'm playing on PS3 instead. I just don't understand why they lock in the controller hotbar even if you have a keyboard. inb4 play on pc
[+]