Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-12-19 13:04:20  
Zyrin Pyrial said: »
Poupee Goo said: »
Vayna healing set vs darklight healing body?

(One week later...) HQ Vanya with the right Materia should outclass Darklight, but I believe DL has the better stats without the Materia involvement.
Darklight gives you more mp though piety and 1 mnd more than vanya but as long as you can function with out that mp Vanya should be better even with budget melds... That said because of the main story now is a good time to buy materia since the cost of IVs is way down.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Dawnn
By Dawn Charis 2013-12-19 19:38:33  
If I already have dark light body which piece of relic would I most benefit from getting first?
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Ghishlain
By Zyrin Pyrial 2013-12-20 07:42:05  
Dawn Charis said: »
If I already have dark light body which piece of relic would I most benefit from getting first?

Are you talking about the armour pieces you can buy for Mythology Tomes? And for which job? I assume WHM since you only have CNJ50 on your profile, but I could be mistaken.

If WHM, the best bang for your buck tends to be the weapon since your Cure is directly proportionate to your Magic Damage and I think the ratio is something like 1 MD = 9 MND. The +1 upgrade is 3 MD so it's pretty insane.

Alternatively, since they did release EM Primals recently and there's a quest chain you can do for that to get a i90 drop (equivalent to Relic +1), there are two ways to spend your Myth.

If planning to do Coil, pants tends to be the best bang for your buck since Pants only drops in the final turn of Coil.

If not planning to do Coil, spend Myth on slots that give you the biggest ilvl jump since that'll tend to give you the most bang for your buck. If you DL body already, remember that when you take either another body or head, you'll need to put an older piece of gear in the remaining slot, so that depends on what you want.

If I'm completely wrong in your assumption on "relic", then ignore my wall of text!
[+]
サーバ: Phoenix
By Dalmonn Highwind 2013-12-20 14:31:23  
How do people bypass the character limit in macros? I see FCs with a much longer recruitment ad than mine (all on one line, not 2 seperate macros), yet mine is at the max char limit.
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-12-20 16:18:31  
Hey so I haven't played in a bit (Damn you PS4) but I was curious. they added the crystal tower dungeons right? that drop lvl 80 stuff? How does that armor compare to darklight. sadly I got busy right as i was grinding tomes for DL gear.

Also do ppl ask for DL only for that fight? Just trying to gear up for hard primal fights so i can finish my relic. wanted to know if when i return DL is still king.

Edit: if it matters i'm blm main.
サーバ: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-12-20 16:39:45  
Having DL definitely helps. It's pretty simple to cap out on DL gear even for a casual player so it really should be a bare minimum in general. As for CT itself, most* of it is pretty simple with people who know what they are doing.

* with the except of the King Behemoth fight. That can be annoying if people aren't coordinating together.

If it matters there is no real trash in CT. It's pretty much all boss fights with trash mobs in the fights itself as adds.
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2013-12-20 17:02:45  
Ravant Lehnsherr said: »
Having DL definitely helps. It's pretty simple to cap out on DL gear even for a casual player so it really should be a bare minimum in general. As for CT itself, most* of it is pretty simple with people who know what they are doing.

* with the except of the King Behemoth fight. That can be annoying if people aren't coordinating together.

If it matters there is no real trash in CT. It's pretty much all boss fights with trash mobs in the fights itself as adds.

Ah. Well then I will probably spend some time farming seals. think im close to the body. so ya. after that it shouldnt take too long. especially with mog staff i might be able to get invites instead of doing to doom duty finder party =/
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-12-21 11:52:53  
Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
Ravant Lehnsherr said: »

Ah. Well then I will probably spend some time farming seals. think im close to the body. so ya. after that it shouldnt take too long. especially with mog staff i might be able to get invites instead of doing to doom duty finder party =/
It's really not hard and only takes minimal communication. No damage checks and if not in the main tanking party a second healer is kinda a waste of a slot in my experience. That said doing the main scenario roulette can get you 200-300 tomes alone and can also do low level for 100 and (I think) everything in the high level gives 100 as a base so tomes come much faster now.

As far as how the gear compares it's ilv80 so most pieces should sit between DL and Mytho/Allagan minus a few which might get iffy in situations where you don't need much acc like the AK pants.
[+]
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Ghishlain
By Zyrin Pyrial 2013-12-23 15:18:07  
Asura.Ina said: »
As far as how the gear compares it's ilv80 so most pieces should sit between DL and Mytho/Allagan minus a few which might get iffy in situations where you don't need much acc like the AK pants.

Just to add to this a little, generally speaking, the higher the iLvl, the better it is for you. Just be sure to look at the secondary stats and see if it's more useful, as there are exceptions to this rule (ie. the i55 hat from WP / AK is better than the i60 hat from HM dungeons for SCH due to the crit hit stat it has)
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-01-04 03:46:43  
Is there a hidden double attack stat? I notice that when I auto attack I seem to hit twice. This is visible more apparent with an HP draining ability up as I can see 2 sets of healing text.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2014-01-04 10:39:20  
Grumpy Cat said: »
Is there a hidden double attack stat? I notice that when I auto attack I seem to hit twice. This is visible more apparent with an HP draining ability up as I can see 2 sets of healing text.
Are you using sword oath when you see it? The extra damage from it is displayed separately since it is calculated based off potency not auto attack.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-01-04 10:41:57  
Asura.Ina said: »
Grumpy Cat said: »
Are you using sword oath when you see it? The extra damage from it is displayed separately since it is calculated based off potency not auto attack.

Yup this was it!
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2014-01-08 18:04:35  
How exactly does MP recover..? >_> It seems so unbelievably random.

I got BLM50 back in 1.0, just got round to doing the job quests for it now though. In some of the synced fights, I can get ~30% of my mp back in a single tick, just running around, doing nothing. Other times, I'll be getting maybe 5% tops - I think it was the Lv30 one I noticed this most, maybe the Lv25 one - whichever had all the THM's with me for my "super test that no-one else does ever!"

Failed the Lv45 quest 4 times now because I have no mp D:

My spell rotation is: Fire 3 > Fire until Firestarter > Fire 3. I can usually pull off 3~4 Fire spells until I burn all my MP out. After that, I pop Convert and fire off another 1~2 Fire's, MP depending.

When I run out of MP then, I run around with my weapon sheathed and end up recovering around 30mp/tick, then the stupid Kobold dies D:
By Twiglet 2014-01-08 18:18:17  
While you have astral fire up(red swirly fire balls) your refresh is stopped completely. You get a significant refresh with umbral ice (white swirly balls), or auto-refresh with none up. I'm not sure on the %s though. You can use transpose to switch stacks.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-01-08 18:30:09  
Yikes.

Use Blizzard III at the end of your Fire rotation. The Umbral Ice buff gives you a significant MP regen effect. Save Convert for Flare bursts or those odd times where you *** up and don't have the MP for Blizzard.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2014-01-09 02:14:30  
Holy baby jesus, that explains so much :D

Much appreciate it guys! Can't wait 'til maint is over now so I can burn things :D then apparently freeze them!

This game is so much better when you actually understand it >_>;
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-01-09 06:18:44  
Fire 3 > fire for firestarter procs > low mp > blizzard 3 > thunder 3 rince and repeat. Use flare every time convert is up. Everyone seems to forget about thunder and thundercloud procs it not only does a nice amount of damage it also refreshes the DoT for free.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2014-01-13 12:43:41  
Do people still do Spiritbond PT's? I used to see loads of shouts for them in 1.0, but haven't seen a single one so far.

Are they kept mainly between friends and LS? Or am I just being all nostalgic and they don't exist anymore?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-13 15:33:39  
Haven't played in 3months or so, was wondering how the new content is and if it's worth playing again?

I stopped after weeks of grinding nonstop for relic+1 then got so bored and realized I was happier catching up on games i haven't played yet (back catalog of ps3 games) instead of wasting 50hrs/week for incremental upgrades lol.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-01-13 16:34:57  
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Do people still do Spiritbond PT's? I used to see loads of shouts for them in 1.0, but haven't seen a single one so far.

Are they kept mainly between friends and LS? Or am I just being all nostalgic and they don't exist anymore?
I've seen some small groups out when I used to do SBing, and I've rarely seen shouts. It's not too inefficient to do alone if you prepare correctly. HQ and melded gear will collect SB at a much quicker rate than other gear. +SB gear is generally not worth equipping.
By Voren 2014-01-14 19:12:06  
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Haven't played in 3months or so, was wondering how the new content is and if it's worth playing again?

I stopped after weeks of grinding nonstop for relic+1 then got so bored and realized I was happier catching up on games i haven't played yet (back catalog of ps3 games) instead of wasting 50hrs/week for incremental upgrades lol.

I think SE screwed up some of the balance of the new areas. Pharos Sirius can be a major headache and only drops ilvl60 items. It should, imo, be ilvl65 items. SE moved gear from AK to Pharos. WP still drops the same ilvl55 gear. Pharos' first and last bosses can quickly own an inexperienced pt, and even an experienced one if there's too many lag spikes.

Haukke Manor HM is actually pretty fun, drops the ilvl60 that AK use to drop as well as new ilvl60 gear. I've not done Copperbell HM yet, but heard it's so-so.

Labyrinth of the Ancients (crystal tower) is interesting. 3 parties, 24 people, can't as of yet set up an alliance and go in, can set up your party and duty finder the other 2. Decent fight mechanics, not going to get through it all in under 45 minutes, and there's leet egos abound some times. ilvl80 gear that's good pieces until you get relic armor, random drops and can only get one item per week. I love SE restrictions >.>
By Voren 2014-01-14 19:16:35  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

I've seen some small groups out when I used to do SBing, and I've rarely seen shouts. It's not too inefficient to do alone if you prepare correctly. HQ and melded gear will collect SB at a much quicker rate than other gear. +SB gear is generally not worth equipping.

Soloing also allows you to equip crafting/gathering accessories thus gimping yourself a bit, but you won't have to worry about being the cause of a wipe in pt. And Pleebo is right on target, +sb equip is useless, hq gear, use a rank 1 materia, sb it in what, a couple of fate runs, maybe 5 max?
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2014-01-28 23:47:51  
Is there a way to sync 1 account to 2 seperate playing devices? I currently have 14 on laptop and ps3... But whenever I play on the other I get locked out of account due to suspicious activity and gotta re-do passwords through email. It's annoying as ***and my kid likes to play the ps3 sometimes lol.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2014-01-28 23:51:55  
Holy baby jesus, that explains so much :D

Much appreciate it guys! Can't wait 'til maint is over now so I can burn things :D then apparently freeze them!

This game is so much better when you actually understand it >_>;
Rotation
(Pre-cast) Thunder II > Fire III > Fire I (until near oom) > Ice III > Thunder II > Fire III....

If you get a firestarter at the end of your rotation wait until after you gain your MP back, then transpose from Ice to fire, then use firestart. Try to never use your proc to get back into fire, since you'll be wasting damage.

My Firestarter does about 370 coming from Ice, where if I transpose from ice to one stack of fire, it bumps it up to around 800.

Use Firestarter procs on Fire III

Use Thundercloud procs on Thunder III

Reasoning for Thunder II. Because of the cast time on Thunder III and the small potency increase between II and III, hard casting Thunder III is less dps than hard casting Thunder II and using the thundercloud procs on III.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2014-02-04 11:24:11  
Can't believe I missed that reply D:

I've started doing just that Stik, much appreciate the tips though! :D

I come here asking a totally different question now though, are there any reasonable guides on gearing a "fresh to 50" job? I have WHM50 from 1.0, but never really used it. However, I'm considering getting a small static together for 4~8 man dungeons (maybe do some alliance stuff if we ever open up our FC to people we don't know) and would like to know we always have a healer available with some respectable gear.

Now, I have almost no idea where to start, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction from "AF WHM" to "respectable WHM" :D

My current gear.

Aside from "Get darklight" (that much I know), is there any "best path" to go? Also, the Darklight jewellery doesn't seem that great when compared to HQ i70 AH stuff - is there a point to getting it? (At least from a WHM/BLM/SMN perspective)

Sidequestion: Which is the more effective healer, SCH or WHM? I have SMN at 46 atm, was planning on unlocking SCH when I hit 50 - which would be the more effective healer in general?
By Kalyna Maimhov 2014-02-04 11:33:09  
WHM gear:
with your myth tomes, I'd say grab AF2 body first and CT circlet first. For the rest: go grab some DL gear.

What server are you on? Excalibur?

edit:
and at least start your relic and try to get up to titan hm. If you have to, spam garuda hm for the wand and use that darklight shield that drops from either WP or AK (forgot which) ( http://xivdb.com/?item/6278/Darklight-Square-Shield guess it's Wanderer's Palace.)

you start the relic in falgoud float (sp) in the little area to the northeast.

If you can't start it, then you might have to finish the main story if you haven't done that yet.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-02-04 12:58:16  
If you don't want to spend the myths, the Royal set from CT is a nice set to aim for. Once you get 1 or 2 pieces of that, just fill in the rest with DL gear. The crafted accessories can technically be used all the way through Coil but only if they're adequately melded (VIT being one of the biggest perks to having them).

You can't really compare the two healers head to head because they both excel in different situations. SCH is perhaps the better single target healer (e.g. tank healing) and WHM is good at cure bombing a party after they take big AOE damage. SCH is more of a proactive healer with their damage mitigation spells and WHM is more of a reactive healer. They're both capable of filling each role but it's considered less than optimal. The SCH fairy also has some nice utility once you get comfortable with managing its abilities manually.

Basically, SCH and WHM complement each other. Pick whichever one appeals to you.
[+]
By Kalyna Maimhov 2014-02-04 13:43:52  
I prefer WHM over SCH for tank healing. Burst healing seems better for me. Plus there's Regen and Medica 2 (which Heals over time). SCH does have that barrier thing (GOD i forgot the name of it...) while WHM gets boosted protect and stoneskin. and Eos does do have some good healing (and from experience, I've seen lots of SCH go afk in dungeons which makes me uneasy when I started to try out the tank roles.)

But it really is a matter of what you're more comfy with.

Also WHM has stone 2, holy, aero 1 and 2, and if, like me, put all your attributes to MND, can do some nice dmg with cleric stance in CT (like helping with adds on atomos and zombielord, if the SCH or other WHM can solo heal.)
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2014-02-05 07:54:46  
I logged on and all of the signatures are off of my gear..but the weird part is, its ONLY the ones that people in my FC have made me or its the visible gear. The hell?
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2014-02-26 15:44:18  
I'm trying to convert from ps3 to laptop, is it true ps4 controllers will be plug and play ready? Not tryin to spend 50$ on nothing.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22