Skirmish Sub Job Options.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Skirmish Sub Job Options.
Skirmish Sub Job Options.
By nephilipitou 2013-09-03 16:12:38  
Which options might be better?

/SAM for Seigan Third Eye for 3 blinks and increased Weapon Skilling/Damage

/RUN for harboring elemental runes, for boosted damage, possible lunges on enemies weak to magic, and using Pflug Ignis, and bar Paralyze to limit the high potency Paralyzes. Also there's flash for Healing Breathes, Blink and Stoneskin for when there's less than no point in engaging because the guy with OP Delve fists will finish the mob before I get there...

/RDM for of course for things like Refresh, Phalanx, and other spells that I won't have access to as /RUN.

I know RDM and SAM are go to sub jobs but I'm curious if people have any experience doing Skirmishes with /RUN. I'm curious because I want to experiment especially since we will be doing Yorcia Weald U a lot and I'll probably end up getting the Spear +1'd along with my fists and... screw the SAM Katana I'll worry about SAM eventually.

Part of the reason I'm planning to use DRG for skirmish (other than a growing appreciation for the job over the years) is that most of the group wants light and medium armor sets, no one is going after the Heavy so far, so I figure between DRG and DRK I want to go with DRG since DRK doesn't play like the job I fell in love with.

Any thoughts? Sorry if the post was a bit long.
By nephilipitou 2013-09-03 16:23:40  
I have to use a mage job for healing breath proccing by magic don't I...
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2013-09-03 16:24:54  
I haven't played drg in a while, but i'd guess your sub depends on what your role is and how your group's strategy is set up. If you're going off on your own then a mage sub like blu or rdm would be best. If you have a sch or whm at your side at all times, or are taking out dens, then /sam would be best.

Idk anything about /run. i assume its a hybrid sub that would activate HB at 33% while using drachen armet. I think that's getting a little dangerous, as in a bad tp move or TA/crit could take you out. As far as resistance/lunge/etc go, i'm not sure how it would compare to /sam. If you have a healer and aren't going up against heavy magic based mobs, just use /sam, its tried and true.
By Ophannus 2013-09-03 16:42:35  
To be honest I go /RDM. Not because I don't have faith in my healers, but because I play very aggressively (read: recklessly) on Dragoon. Having Upukirex and a powerful WS set, I love to diaga 4-5 mobs and line them up against a wall and Sonic Thrust them for 3.5-4.5k taking off 80-100% of their HP, sometimes doing this puts me in red and I can heal breath myself back up. Sometimes I'm on Beastial Den duty and I can self-Haste myself and Dia II/Angon the dens. On my way back I can diaga some hordes and kill them before they get to camp with Sonic Thrust. Sonic Thrust is a very underrated weapon skill. It is extremely powerful(has better mods and fTP than Fell Cleave) and does really good damage when geared well for it.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-03 18:51:54  
I'll agree with the sonic thrust spam, though it really does suck that it isn't a circular aoe. But /sam with sekka, stp trait, meditate ect makes it even more awesome. Granted, I assume your healer could handle curing someone tanking a couple mobs.
 Odin.Brozzzz
サーバ: Odin
user: Brozzzz
By Odin.Brozzzz 2013-09-03 18:58:25  
nephilipitou said: »
Which options might be better?

/SAM for Seigan Third Eye for 3 blinks and increased Weapon Skilling/Damage

/RUN for harboring elemental runes, for boosted damage, possible lunges on enemies weak to magic, and using Pflug Ignis, and bar Paralyze to limit the high potency Paralyzes. Also there's flash for Healing Breathes, Blink and Stoneskin for when there's less than no point in engaging because the guy with OP Delve fists will finish the mob before I get there...

/RDM for of course for things like Refresh, Phalanx, and other spells that I won't have access to as /RUN.

I know RDM and SAM are go to sub jobs but I'm curious if people have any experience doing Skirmishes with /RUN. I'm curious because I want to experiment especially since we will be doing Yorcia Weald U a lot and I'll probably end up getting the Spear +1'd along with my fists and... screw the SAM Katana I'll worry about SAM eventually.

Part of the reason I'm planning to use DRG for skirmish (other than a growing appreciation for the job over the years) is that most of the group wants light and medium armor sets, no one is going after the Heavy so far, so I figure between DRG and DRK I want to go with DRG since DRK doesn't play like the job I fell in love with.

Any thoughts? Sorry if the post was a bit long.

To be honest with you, it doesn't really matter. You're going to be standing around for 90% of the time your in there anyways. I'd bring whatever sub job you normally idle in town in.

Ophannus said: »
To be honest I go /RDM. Not because I don't have faith in my healers, but because I play very aggressively (read: recklessly) on Dragoon. Having Upukirex and a powerful WS set, I love to diaga 4-5 mobs and line them up against a wall and Sonic Thrust them for 3.5-4.5k taking off 80-100% of their HP, sometimes doing this puts me in red and I can heal breath myself back up. Sometimes I'm on Beastial Den duty and I can self-Haste myself and Dia II/Angon the dens. On my way back I can diaga some hordes and kill them before they get to camp with Sonic Thrust. Sonic Thrust is a very underrated weapon skill. It is extremely powerful(has better mods and fTP than Fell Cleave) and does really good damage when geared well for it.

Holy ego attack. Also, lol.
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-09-04 01:33:35  
Quote:

Is this seriously coming from the guy who /yells in town every time he beats Tojil crap like:

"Oh there goes those guys from Poopymess(your own LS), beating Tojil again."
By Ophannus 2013-09-04 01:37:57  
Quote:
I'll agree with the sonic thrust spam, though it really does suck that it isn't a circular aoe. But /sam with sekka, stp trait, meditate ect makes it even more awesome. Granted, I assume your healer could handle curing someone tanking a couple mobs.

They can but sometimes on a T4/T5 towards the end you get that surge of like 30+ mobs which can sometimes catch your healer off guard. Subbing mage barely detracts from a DRG's DPS in Skirmish where mobs die in a single WS basically. I'd rather Sonic Thrust spam 3-4 mobs for 3k each than 1shot one for 5k, the /RDM is just an added layer of protection. Also I don't want to me an MP sponge when other DDs might be in need of healing. Also it helps incase the mage gets slept/petrified, you can still keep others alive.
 Odin.Brozzzz
サーバ: Odin
user: Brozzzz
By Odin.Brozzzz 2013-09-04 18:00:15  
Quote:

Is this seriously coming from the guy who /yells in town every time he beats Tojil crap like:

POIDH, don't even know what you're talking about. Let me find that picture of when you sent Jazycat a tell saying something in the nature of "I'd love it if you guys would let me join, but I'm pretty sure no one in there likes me QQ."
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-09-04 18:20:28  
Odin.Brozzzz said: »
Quote:

POIDH, don't even know what you're talking about. Let me find that picture of when you sent Jazycat a tell saying something in the nature of "I'd love it if you guys would let me join, but I'm pretty sure no one in there likes me QQ."