フォーラム » Windower » Support » Plugins broken via Version Update
Plugins broken via Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 101 102 103
 Asura.Patb
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2018-03-06 02:14:56  
Not sure if this is an issue on my end or an issue with the lua itself but I'm getting a new error with Fisher.
Fisher: lua runtime error: Fisher/fisher.lua:309: attempt to concatenate field 'key' (a nil value)

Any one able to help with what could be causing that?

windower.packets.inject_outgoing(0x110, 'IIIHH':pack(0xB10, player.id, 0, player.index, 3) .. current.key)

is the line that is causing the issue.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-09 21:06:35  
Whoever wrote/maintains "mobcompass" this thing is broken as ***.

I stand directly south of a mob, it says "West" in the circle. Sometimes it's right, but most of the time its way off.

I stand directly north; it says "North" > I run directly south it still says "north".

East is the new North;
By mikun 2018-03-18 07:15:30  
Bismarck.Radec said: »
Short form is socket.http doesn't do https. Need to replace it with luasec, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8286677/https-request-in-lua

Sorry Radec, I'm a noob on this. What do you need to do in order to fix the pricer lua please?
 Leviathan.Vow
サーバ: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2018-03-18 17:08:01  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Whoever wrote/maintains "mobcompass" this thing is broken as ***.

I stand directly south of a mob, it says "West" in the circle. Sometimes it's right, but most of the time its way off.

I stand directly north; it says "North" > I run directly south it still says "north".

East is the new North;

It's possible that the addon is buggy, but I think you've misunderstood its purpose. It is not unexpected that the readout wouldn't match the arrows, for example.
I believe the arrows indicate your direction relative to the mob, and the readout indicates your direction relative to the mob's heading.

If the mob is looking at you, the readout will always display "N" even as the arrows rotate.
 Bahamut.Khelek
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Khelek
By Bahamut.Khelek 2018-03-19 18:04:26  
In gearswap windower.register_event('gain experience', print) picks up trust ArkHM's ws Cross Reaver whenever he uses it. The print message returned was '11318 0 false'.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-19 18:08:43  
Leviathan.Vow said: »
It's possible that the addon is buggy, but I think you've misunderstood its purpose. It is not unexpected that the readout wouldn't match the arrows, for example.
I believe the arrows indicate your direction relative to the mob, and the readout indicates your direction relative to the mob's heading.

If the mob is looking at you, the readout will always display "N" even as the arrows rotate.

I have no idea how it's supposed to work but why the *** would it say north if the mob is facing me? Why would that even be a thing? That appears to be the case, but makes -zero- sense.

I'm not north of the mob, and the mob isn't north of me. So why use cardinals instead of "f"ront and "b"ack.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-22 06:46:22  
Do you use DGvoodoo?
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-03-22 06:48:12  
It has something to do with dgVoodoo. I can't recall what exactly, but search through Saevel's posts. He's answered the question a number of timers already.
 Leviathan.Vow
By Leviathan.Vow 2018-03-26 06:23:37  

I have no idea how it's supposed to work but why the *** would it say north if the mob is facing me? Why would that even be a thing? That appears to be the case, but makes -zero- sense.

I'm not north of the mob, and the mob isn't north of me. So why use cardinals instead of "f"ront and "b"ack.

Cardinal directions have the advantage of being an existing convention. In the monster's reference frame, you are to the "north".
There may be a more meaningful way to present the data. You could change the letters, but I don't think it would add value. For example, NNW has an established meaning while FFL does not.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-26 07:51:16  
Here's the thing about that; it doesn't matter what direction the mob is facing. Only front and back.

NNW NNE SSE SSW SW SE NW NE N S E W have literally no meaning for mob direction.

Cardinal chant only matters mob location. Which the Arrows cover. So again, what's the point of the readout giving cardinals. All it needs is facing or facing away.

Standing on the east or west (or any subdirections) of the mob have literally no affect on anything. all that matters is you're in front of it (SAM DNC Gaze Cone Fan, or behind it THF)
 Leviathan.Vow
By Leviathan.Vow 2018-03-26 08:32:57  
I think they may have use for abilities that depend on angular position. Sneak attack and breath attacks come to mind. Gaze abilities might as well? I'm uncertain if the current display is precise enough for those situations. I would argue that any change should make the display more precise rather than less (only "facing or facing away").
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-26 09:35:58  
If the mob is facing me, why would the read out say "north" instead of "Front, Face" it's as simple as that.

There's no reason for "North" to equate to "Facing"

The readout shout either;

Say direction front/back -or- reiterate location relative to player

Saying "N" accomplishes absolutely jack and ***.
 Leviathan.Vow
By Leviathan.Vow 2018-03-26 12:53:37  
Does this image make it more clear?

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-26 12:58:54  

You clearly didn't even read what I said.

IT DOESN'T *** MATTER the orientation of the mobs face to the player cardinally. It's IRRELEVANT. and makes zero sense to use cardinals for it.

If you stand EAST of the mob, it matters. (this is what the arrows do)

If you stand on the eastern side of the mob, it doesn't *** matter. (to be 100% clear, it DOES matter for certain mobs, sinister wing vs dexter wing, it was not designed with that in mind)

It's just a minor irritation, I thought it was broken, maybe the dev is just stupid. I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt and assume simply broken.
 Leviathan.Vow
By Leviathan.Vow 2018-03-27 03:27:45  
I think the sinister/dexter wing instance is a great example of why the information should be displayed. I don't think we should try to remove it based on what might be believed to be the scope of the original design.

As for using cardinals, I don't see any problem with it. However, other options could be added. I would like to add a few others: clock position, degrees (radians for kicks?), and a small graphical option which might represent the data as a small circle that moves around a monster-shape. However, this falls at the bottom of a large todo pile and I don't think I'll get to it soon if ever. But it could be done!
By geigei 2018-03-27 03:48:04  
In the monster's reference frame, you are to the "north".

In my reference you are to the "wrong".
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-31 18:16:17  
found something wrong in the skillchains lua, I've found other mistakes too, but bothering to post this one

Numbing Shot > Hot Shot = Fragmentation

This is incorrect, it makes Liqufaction

And Hot Shot > Numbing Shot is also incorrect

says Induration, makes Fusion

Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-03-31 19:53:54  
It seems the problem with Eiryl always comes down to not knowing how to read:

Author: Sebastien Gomez
Version: 1.1

--------------------------
Multiple compasses in one.
Compass arrows indicate position relative to the targeted monster.
Compass readout displays position relative to the direction the targeted monster is facing.
 Bismarck.Radec
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2018-03-31 19:55:13  
Looks like the resources have the wrong properties on Hot Shot - skillchain_a="Reverberation",skillchain_b="Transfixion" vs bgwiki lists it as Liquefaction / Transfixion.

Numbing has the elements in a different order as well

skillchain_a="Induration",skillchain_b="Impaction",skillchain_c="Detonation" vs Induration / Detonation / Impaction
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-31 20:16:35  
Asura.Cair said: »
It seems the problem with Eiryl always comes down to not knowing how to read:

Author: Sebastien Gomez
Version: 1.1

Multiple compasses in one.
Compass arrows indicate position relative to the targeted monster.
Compass readout displays position relative to the direction the targeted monster is facing.

why would I ever read what it does, no seriously, why.

Direction mob is facing as a cardinal direction is the most worthless thing ever.

Admittedly my mistake for thinking it did something useful, instead of useless.

This is what it says, this is all I need to know

Calling "North" = "Facing" is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, there's no "if's" "and's" or "but's"
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-31 20:29:46  
rare occasion where i agree with eiryl, north in the mob's frame means nothing

front, left, right, back sure.. but they don't suddenly become north/west/east/south because the mob isn't facing north.. it's incredibly unintuitive to describe it that way
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2018-03-31 20:43:18  
It's pretty common in other games (It's actually very common in FFXIV).
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-31 20:48:32  
Asura.Cair said: »
It's actually very common in FFXIV
And we all know how great FFXIV is :P
[+]
 Asura.Cair
VIP
By Asura.Cair 2018-03-31 20:52:18  
It's not like the game originated relative compass directions, though; I think you missed the point.

Sure, maybe it's not the smartest thing to put a letter direction inside of a compass that does not indicate what direction the compass is facing, but the ReadMe literally says that it does that. So /shrug
By Nyarlko 2018-03-31 21:20:39  
Does it really matter what the arrows and readout mean when there is so much wiggle room involved that it's borderline useless? The only time I can't see the client compass is when I'm being ultra-lazy and whacking things instead of casting to turn on bubbles, and/or there's a RDM w/ Dia III. The only time that I'm going to care about directions is when I'd want actual precision directions displayed in Cardinal Chant terms, and this thing doesn't do that. :/
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-31 21:35:57  
Yeah thats why I wanted to give it a look, I don't geo enough to bother remembering which direction I should ideally plant my body. Hoped this did that. Saw it didn't, and saw the readout was "wrong" so commented.

Also, hoping it doesn't get buried, the skillchain properties on some ws (not just the 2 I listed) have errors.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-01 00:37:08  
Yeah thats why I wanted to give it a look, I don't geo enough to bother remembering which direction I should ideally plant my body. Hoped this did that. Saw it didn't, and saw the readout was "wrong" so commented.

Also, hoping it doesn't get buried, the skillchain properties on some ws (not just the 2 I listed) have errors.

I don't have any problems with remembering where I should stand, only if where I think I should be standing is exactly where I actually should be.
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-04-01 16:04:28  
Any updates for WinControl plugin? Still freezing the game without actually crashing it whenever I try to use any type of command.

If no updates is there an alternative anyone knows of?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-06 19:36:25  
Reporting two issues:

Findall
Whenever this addon is loaded I get constant and big frame drops.
I tried completely deleting the findall folder and reinstalling but no use. I know other people having this issue since last patch. I had it myself long time ago but I don't remember what I did to "reset" it completely.

Gearswap Export
Atm it's exporting the new Ambuscade cape stat "Parrying +5" as "'System: 1 ID: 1472 Val: 4'," and probably some fixes/updated are necessary?
Damage taken and Pet Regen augs in the 5th slot get parsed correctly.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 101 102 103