Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-16 10:18:17  
eliroo said: »
Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Asura.Thorva said: »
If you use the cookie cutter blu, blu, cor, geo setup, I feel bad for you. The only instance in which you are locked to a specific setup is when you are doing certain helm nms and need to go the sc/mb route.

He made it quite clear that he doesn't do the cookie cutter blu setup. Oh wait, no he didn't. He says blu all day everyday. Oh wait, nvm, he plays with a group of friends that lets him play w/e he wants. IDK anymore. I can't keep track of his flip flopping and lack of reading skills when arguing.

I don't really think Thorva was responding to me but rather the thread in general. That last comment especially had no way to be directed towards me.

But really personal attacks? Flip-flopping? I have yet to flip-flop on my position other than make it more clear about what I mean by something I say. I also made one "mistake" in this whole conversation and it is over the word entrust, and my reply in itself wasn't a mistake just the understood context of my reply was mistaken.

I have no idea what you are even contributing to this conversation anymore. You are just flinging out insults and personal attacks rather than offering valid counter-points to anything others have said.

I have no idea what you have contributed at all except stating you don't do the current end game and trying to convince people BLU needs a nerfed because blu all day everyday. Oops, I mean not for you anymore, you play w/e you want with your friends.
 Asura.Thorva
サーバ: Asura
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-09-16 10:19:11  
Had to edit my post like 9 times, still didn't come out right since I am on my phone.

Pretty clear as why I felt you were talking about me, I even said why I thought you were talking about me, quoting generally gives that impression.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-16 10:19:36  
Had to edit my post like 9 times, still didn't come out right since I am on my phone.

Pretty clear as why I felt you were talking about me, I even said why I thought you were talking about me, quoting generally gives that impression.

No, it doesn't.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-09-16 10:20:22  
Ok, well I am glad you feel so vastly different than the norm. That is what makes things interesting.
By eliroo 2016-09-16 10:21:17  
If you use the cookie cutter blu, blu, cor, geo setup, I feel bad for you. The only instance in which you are locked to a specific setup is when you are doing certain helm nms and need to go the sc/mb route.

He made it quite clear that he doesn't do the cookie cutter blu setup. Oh wait, no he didn't. He says blu all day everyday. Oh wait, nvm, he plays with a group of friends that lets him play w/e he wants. IDK anymore. I can't keep track of his flip flopping and lack of reading skills when arguing.

I don't really think Thorva was responding to me but rather the thread in general. That last comment especially had no way to be directed towards me.

But really personal attacks? Flip-flopping? I have yet to flip-flop on my position other than make it more clear about what I mean by something I say. I also made one "mistake" in this whole conversation and it is over the word entrust, and my reply in itself wasn't a mistake just the understood context of my reply was mistaken.

I have no idea what you are even contributing to this conversation anymore. You are just flinging out insults and personal attacks rather than offering valid counter-points to anything others have said.

I have no idea what you have contributed at all except stating you don't do the current end game and trying to convince people BLU needs a nerfed because blu all day everyday. Oops, I mean not for you anymore, you play w/e you want with your friends.

Because Reisenjima HELM and WoC/Kirin are the absolute end-all of endgame?

This game has a lot more content than that and a job being too powerful for the lower tier content effects everyone.

This is pointless though because arguing with you is like arguing with a pull-string doll that just flings insults.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-16 10:22:18  

Because Reisenjima HELM and WoC/Kirin are the absolute end-all of endgame?

This game has a lot more content than that and a job being too powerful for the lower tier content effects everyone.

This is pointless though because arguing with you is like arguing with a pull-string doll that just flings insults.

At the moment YES LOL!

Well unless you count VD intense which okay. I understand that one.

Or Master Trials. IDK about that one.
 Asura.Fujilives
user: Fujilives
By Asura.Fujilives 2016-09-16 10:28:58  
What I gather from this thread:

Every melee should be able to haste II (or equivalent source of magic-haste) themselves without trusts, in addition to their normal, already existing job abilities.

It's still O.K. for frailty and torpor, vex and attunement to sit on the Geo mules.

... For now

(P.S. I wouldn't have a problem with this ~ I'm all about not needing to call Arciela I for the greedy overwrites).

(P.S.S. I'd lower DRG call wyvern to 5 minutes, because, and you didn't hear this from me, but players can die on some things... TWICE!)
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-16 10:32:32  
Asura.Fujilives said: »

Every melee should be able to haste II (or equivalent source of magic-haste) themselves without trusts, in addition to their normal, already existing job abilities.

It's still O.K. for frailty and torpor, vex and attunement to sit on the Geo mules.

... For now

(P.S. I wouldn't have a problem with this ~ I'm all about not needing to call Arciela I for the greedy overwrites).

(P.S.S. I'd lower DRG call wyvern to 5 minutes, because, and you didn't hear this from me, but players can die on some things... TWICE!)

As you bring up DRG though it makes me wonder what they could do to each job to provide something like that though they won't. Wyvern being able to cap haste for DRG for example. Just purely out of curiosity now I'm thinking what they could do elsewhere without essentially being like, "Haste II is now usable on all jobs" lol.
By eliroo 2016-09-16 10:39:23  
Asura.Fujilives said: »

I don't think anyone has a problem with Erratic Flutter.
 Ragnarok.Primex
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2016-09-16 10:41:29  
Let me ask you this, in an attempt to just end this "BLU vs everything else" -
Can your DRK, SAM, WAR, MNK, DRG, THF, RNG, COR
- haste everyone else in the PT
- Heal everyone else in the PT
- Increase the defense of everyone else in the PT
- Remove detrimental debuffs from other PT members
- and still be in the top 2 DPS wise?

How is this a debate? I love BLU and I love my other jobs, but the fact that there are people here actually trying to say that other jobs are as good as BLU is frustrating to read.

Its not that BLU is leagues ahead of other DPS roles, its the fact that it is either slightly ahead or behind or equal while still being able to perform functions that should be reserved for support roles.

Also I'm not calling for a BLU nerf. I hate nerfs. But many dps roles need a good solid buff to give them their niche back!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-16 10:43:59  
I insist cor should get a roll for ja haste!
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-16 10:47:08  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I insist cor should get a roll for ja haste!

Honestly, a good idea. If anything they could just change Blitzers roll to that.

In the same instance, I think BRD could use % based attack buffs and maybe a Magic Attack, Magic Crit Rate or Magic Attack Bonus song.

We don't need to copy and paste buffs around but giving BRD and COR some unique buffs would help them both out.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-16 10:54:41  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Avallon said: »
This is just my opinion, but I think 7 pages here and constant nerf /yell wars in Mhaura are more than just how stronk/weak BLU is by comparison to other jobs. What I think is happening is people want something to show for the 1 billion gil they've poured into their THF or other jobs they baby and spoil.

When you invest a significant amount of gil, effort and energy into your job and it doesn't stack up to the current bandwagon job (BLU in this case) for whatever reason(s); less survivability, less DPS, etc - then complaining ensues.

Let's take the suggestions a few here have made to adjust BLU. Would those adjustments (nerfs) make a huge impact with the current meta after the fact? I mean really make a difference in the grand scheme of things. I mean let's face it - what Dravidian said is true. If BLU were to get nerfed people would focus their grief on the next job to take the spotlight.

(I predict Monk will be the next bandwagon job)

Oh kid you don't have a clue. I'm flattered that you seem to be kept up at night because of me though. Keep shouting non-stop to merc, I'll just afk all day and get people asking me over you anyway.

<3

Oh, I have a clue but let's address something real quick. First of all, I'm not sure where you felt the need to respond to my post in the first place. Do you fit the bill as someone who has spent a billion gil on their THF and subsequently and relentlessly complains about BLU? Oh, well carry on then.

Secondly, I'm also not sure where the topic of merc'ing came into play here but let's take a look at the following statement you made real quick:

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I am a big time merc on my server, I can do all zitah, most of ru'aun and most of reisen...as a THF. I'm fully capable of completing a very large part of this content.

Anyone who can say something like this is an insecure, self-absorbed douche-bag, but then you already know this. And since you brought it up, the fact that you may get requests for mercs without shouting only indicates that you've been active at offering those services a lot longer than I have. So I'm not getting the childish need to throw that comment at me as if it's some sort of dig.

Everyone knows you merc. Everyone knows that's all you do. And everyone knows that's why you're unable to maintain membership in an end-game linkshell.

Enjoy that free Aeneas we got you.
 Odin.Roundelk
サーバ: Odin
user: Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-16 11:05:56  
Ragnarok.Primex said: »

How is this a debate? I love BLU and I love my other jobs, but the fact that there are people here actually trying to say that other jobs are as good as BLU is frustrating to read.

Its not that BLU is leagues ahead of other DPS roles, its the fact that it is either slightly ahead or behind or equal while still being able to perform functions that should be reserved for support roles.

Also I'm not calling for a BLU nerf. I hate nerfs. But many dps roles need a good solid buff to give them their niche back!

If your BLU is doing all of this and is second on the parse that's more of a problem on your other DD members than your BLU as consistently doing is a massive DPS loss.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-09-16 11:09:14  

Blu is NOT in the top 2 dd, if it is you only have cor and blu in your pt as dd. Plenty of jobs can leave blu way behind in parse.

No, drk, war, sam, mnk, drg can't do all the things blu can. If they could people would scream nerf faster than the thf rudra nerf.

Literally the only reason blu is desired is because of utility and decent dmg, it is not top tier anything.

What single 1 thing is blu doing better than other jobs?
Reso drks and war will crush a blu in parse, (with the exception of very bad players), aeonic sam is insane for dmg, thf and dnc keep up and many occasions can beat blu, cor can beat blu, rng can beat blu and stay out of AoE.
Cor leaden is used more in endgame and hits far more dmg than cdc blu.
Blu can mb based off ja, well sch and blm both can hit 9's across the board.
Blu can haste? So can rdm, whm, brd, geo, cor (kinda) and anything with the right sub job and not lose time doing everything else.
Blu can buff with mg? So can brd, cor, geo.
Whm and anyone using right sub can remove debuffs and not have to worry about trying to do everything else.

The problem with blu winning parse so much is one of three things, they don't bring other jobs, they give dual wield buffs from cor instead of 1 hand dd buffs, (stp for dual wield, double attack for 2hand) finally, the most important, bad players on jobs other than blu. I have personally seen ag rag drks do less than 1/3 of my damage. Has nothing to do with "how good I am," but this guy only used torc never reso, did not cast endark, didn't use scourge for AM, didn't absorb str. The guy used hasso/last resort and torc. That was it.

Blu has a couple enfeeble spells? So does brd, whm, rdm, whm, geo, cor can boost potency.

The only jobs suffering right now are drg and mnk. Blu is the easy route, not the best route. Won't kill the fastest, won't cure the best, won't buff the best, won't debuff the best. Literally does nothing "better" than other jobs. That doesn't say it doesn't do things well, just that it isn't the best. It, like many jobs can still do 90% of content, but the mentality of "blu only" only makes the group suffer. Rarely will blu be melee on much beyond 135, while some groups are running 2hd melee on 145+. (Again, this doesn't mean blu can't do it, just that it is not common)
By Afania 2016-09-16 11:09:35  
Odin.Roundelk said: »

If your BLU is doing all of this and is second on the parse that's more of a problem on your other DD members than your BLU as consistently doing is a massive DPS loss.

This is not a valid argument, because blu can choose whether to do this or not, other job don't even have the option to lower their dps to cure pt members.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-09-16 11:13:41  
Reso drks and war will crush a blu in parse,
Please define "Crush"?
By Blazed1979 2016-09-16 11:18:01  
Also, my Uko generally shits all over reso drks/wars.
If you're still using Resolution, you haven't realized what many WARs have - fully buffed, Ukon i119 III is *** broken.
My AG rag and conqueror gather dust.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-16 11:19:29  

Reso drks and war will crush a blu in parse, (with the exception of very bad players), aeonic sam is insane for dmg, thf and dnc keep up and many occasions can beat blu, cor can beat blu, rng can beat blu and stay out of AoE.
Blu can haste? So can rdm, whm, brd, geo, cor (kinda) and anything with the right sub job and not lose time doing everything else.
Whm and anyone using right sub can remove debuffs and not have to worry about trying to do everything else.

This is definitely all agree-able but how much support do they need to do all of this vs. How much support a BLU needs to reach their potential.

One BLU may not be able to beat a supported DRK but if you can Drop a support for another BLU, or if you can just drop a support and use blu as the dps/support then where do they stand?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-16 11:23:54  
Afania said: »
This is not a valid argument, because blu can choose whether to do this or not, other job don't even have the option to lower their dps to cure pt members.
And this is not valid either.
Blu is designed to be a hybrid that can do various things. At the cost of something else.

Weren't you the one talking about fair trade in the previous pages? Yeah well blu sacrifices dps in order to do all those awesome survivalist things.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-09-16 11:26:47  
Blazed1979 said: »
Reso drks and war will crush a blu in parse,
Please define "Crush"?
Crush as in I have been on drk doing more than 3 times the dmg of blu, blu cdc avg is what 13k in most 135 content? Let's give them the benefit and say 20k per cdc. That is great, but a reso drk and war can push 50k on 135 content.

I have seen blus do 40%-50% and in one case an empy/aeonic blu nearly matched my dmg but that was long before I had argosy.

This is definitely all agree-able but how much support do they need to do all of this vs. How much support a BLU needs to reach their potential.

One BLU may not be able to beat a supported DRK but if you can Drop a support for another BLU, or if you can just drop a support and use blu as the dps/support then where do they stand?

Agaim, this goes back to pick the easy route or pick a route of more efficient jobs. Pick up groups go with blu for decent dmg AND utility. Easier fights when grouped with unknown players. The more solid your group, the more experienced and in tune players, the better the outcome will be with more than just the cookie cut style.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-16 11:29:51  

The majority of the BLU spells that are used in utility roles have been there long before 1handed ws buffs. Only real difference is Mighty Guard. The majority of people's points make it seem like they can do all these things ALL the time. Diffusion is a five minute timer, and 98% of the time you are using MG for it.

I mean, if we're just listing what certain jobs can do. Look, Summoner can haste the party, give phalanx, boost stats, do 30-60k bloodpacts with 99k light, and use perfect defense. Is any of that relevant? Not really since it is limited by timers.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-16 11:32:22  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Afania said: »
And this is not valid either.
Blu is designed to be a hybrid that can do various things. At the cost of something else.

Weren't you the one talking about fair trade in the previous pages? Yeah well blu sacrifices dps in order to do all those awesome survivalist things.

Realistically if you go with the "Zahak Reborn" Spell build that Prothescar has listed on his Blue mage guide then you are most giving 13 Accuracy and 5 STP to obtain utility spells. Maybe even 10 STP if you need to set more utility spells.

While it still is obvious that they give up some offensive power to be more defensive it isn't as much as people are making it seem. I guess in the extreme situations STP +5 or +10 is relatively large.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-16 11:32:26  
People always play it safe if they are not experienced. Remember delve with rangers? Legion with summoners?

While experienced players will find ways to fit in other jobs. It's always been this way, and nerfing the safe job would only be a pain for said lower tier players.

Besides in this very thread the same people complaining have talked about the already existing alternatives to play it safe. This all seems over exagerated if blu is not even the top parser.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-09-16 11:34:24  
Crush as in I have been on drk doing more than 3 times the dmg of blu, blu cdc avg is what 13k in most 135 content? Let's give them the benefit and say 20k per cdc. That is great, but a reso drk and war can push 50k on 135 content.
Not our BLU's. on i135 content our Blus will push the 19-25k mark fairly regularly and there's the Light SC's to note as well. If you have DRKs or WARs doing 3x the dmg of others, well that's pretty unheard of - not for DRKs or WARs, but for any decent enough DPS role vs another on content that doesn't punish melee for being there. As gimp as I say MNK is right now, I've never had it beaten by 3x dmg of anything.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-16 11:40:46  
Realistically if you go with the "Zahak Reborn" Spell build that Prothescar has listed on his Blue mage guide then you are most giving 13 Accuracy and 5 STP to obtain utility spells. Maybe even 10 STP if you need to set more utility spells.
Traits and casting time both.

Look the point is this:
Is blu winning the parses while laughing mobs attacks off all the way to the pudding?
If yes then ok it probably needs to be nerfed.

If not then that's balance for you. You don't have to chose between glass cannon and paper prayer to have balance, there are also hybrids in between - which is where all 7 last classes added fall into.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-09-16 11:43:51  
First off I said average, secondly I also gave a gracious 20k cdc at 135 content. Even at 19-25k that is a 22k avg. Single light 44-46k dmg. Still taking 2 ws of 22k avg plus the ws dmg to equal 66k avg with your group. Vs 2 ws no sc breaking 100 with reso.

With a drk mixing it up using a 25k+ torc for light, 2 ws still hit 100k. Can go a step further with 300% sekk scourge AM3, reso at 225-275% light sc, meditate, torc at 150+ for double light... that single handedly pushes drk way beyond blu capabilities as a sole dd it is on par if not out right beating 2 blu.

If you are finding blu to beat your war and drk, you need to get new war and drk. X3 dmg is very possible on drk. And war spikes even higher.

Top tier blu is good, but it doesn't compete to and top tier drk or war. In terms of endgame, you better be at least high tier dd to even melee. The 2 jobs of equal gear better have reso winning or you need and no new dd.
By Blazed1979 2016-09-16 12:23:06  
If you have WARs and DRKs averaging 50k resolutions, all the more power to you. What is your setup?
I've seen the occasional mid to high 80k spikes on my own WAR, but they are freakish events. My normal noteworthy spikes will barely touch 60k, and my averages are in the high 30s and low 40's, highs of 50.
I have every HQ abjuration piece in the game and my sets as well as my lua are all BiS for every situation. So that leaves PT set ups, which is why I'd like to know what kind of support you have to "average 50k" resolutions.

If there's something to learn, I'll take it on.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 23 24 25