フォーラム » FFXI » General » Job Balance?
Job Balance?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 23 24 25
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2016-09-15 15:15:30  
Yeah I agree the barrance is currently out of wack.

If I need the last 2 slot of my party filled and I see a Geo, a Brd, a Mnk and a Blu seeking, then I would most likely get the Geo+Blu combo unless I need Lullaby from Brd. The Mnk is pretty much sitting in the corner now.

However, it's important to see what a job can do and what really makes it unique. You need scenario when certain job combinations are better than others but you can't just make other jobs invalid - inefficient but not invalid.

We don't need the "same thing with different names" like FFXIV.

We certainly don't want to fall into the trap of "They are different things with the same capabilities" either - because it's the same as the previous one.
By eliroo 2016-09-15 15:18:31  
Odin.Roundelk said: »
BLU isn't used for its damage output but more for the fact that it can cap haste by itself and this allowed buffers to use their more potent buffs, with that said in my opinion this is not broken because this situation was created by SE giving mobs massively high eva.

That is literally the only problem with the job. Even if it could do the same amount of damage as any job, it can still cap its own haste which in itself makes it far stronger than any other job.

Even if a GEO could Entrust Haste and not have to worry about it falling off, with a BLU they could still use their Entrust on something defensive or on a Indi-DEX/STR providing more damage to said blus.

Everyone is complaining about how defensive BLU is but in reality it is just the Haste from MG that seperates them from other DDs and puts them ahead.

BLU has always been defensive, they have always had AoE, they have always been decent melee and ranged dps. No other Melee job can cap in solely traits and spells though.
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-15 15:36:38  
Nerfing MG is a nerf for everyone that plays with that BLU, not just the BLU.

It's like saying nerf RDM because they can haste themselves still when not in a party.
By eliroo 2016-09-15 15:42:03  
Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Nerfing MG is a nerf for everyone that plays with that BLU, not just the BLU.

It's like saying nerf RDM because they can haste themselves still when not in a party.

How do you even draw that conclusion?

How about the fact that parties would have to utilize haste from other sources, such as actual supports who just support parties? Then maybe you could bring other DPS because you are needing a support to haste cap.

Maybe we would see a BRD join parties because then Honor March would be a bigger buff than it is now.

Then guess what?

We need AoE damage: Blu
We need a Defensive DD? : Blu or Nin
We need pure DD? Take your pick.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-15 15:56:40  
I don't even know what to say...... you are on these forums enough that there is no way you have missed the LS doing things like WoC with 0 blus. Or did they make that up? Their DRKs were really BLU cosplaying.
By eliroo 2016-09-15 16:03:55  
I don't even know what to say...... you are on these forums enough that there is no way you have missed the LS doing things like WoC with 0 blus. Or did they make that up? Their DRKs were really BLU cosplaying.

Who gives a flip what a static LS does that can form their parties how ever they want and man-mode content until they down it?

What world do you live in when one example of an off-meta strategy works and furthermore it works within a group of players that constantly play together.

All that matters for most players is how pugs evaluate balance and what they invite. The average returning player is going to have a hard time joining content as their DRK if all they can do is pug since they don't have a group of friends who do content w/ whatever jobs they want.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-15 16:07:30  
Because it completely contradicts everything you are saying. If you are complaining about pug groups wanting only blus, your argument holds no weight. ALL MMOs use the least resistance and stupid proof strats to win when it comes to pug parties..... even if it takes them longer to kill something. This isn't a new concept.

The problem you have here is you. If BLU was nerfed, you would complain about the next job pugs only want. Play with people that will let you play what you want, because OBVIOUSLY you can in so much content now.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-09-15 16:08:26  
nerf mnk
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-15 16:11:00  
And WTF this is 2016. If all you have is one freaking DD and don't want to level / play any other and can't make it work in ffxi. Go freaking play something like WoW. Never...... NEVER has FFXI catered to people who want to only do 1 thing.
By eliroo 2016-09-15 16:19:14  
Because it completely contradicts everything you are saying. If you are complaining about pug groups wanting only blus, your argument holds no weight. ALL MMOs use the least resistance and stupid proof strats to win when it comes to pug parties..... even if it takes them longer to kill something. This isn't a new concept.

You are right and other games actively balance around that fact. PUG and shout groups is what most people will experience in their FFXI career, the experience should be focused around that and not the examples that organized groups can do.

And WTF this is 2016. If all you have is one freaking DD and don't want to level / play any other and can't make it work in ffxi. Go freaking play something like WoW. Never...... NEVER has FFXI catered to people who want to only do 1 thing.

You heard it here guys, Dravidian said it. Everyone just level BLU and spend your limited time and gil gearing it up so you can do end-game pug content.

Argument is over.

I think what makes this argument come full circle is when you realize that people like LadyofHonor and Afania are suggesting that BLU gets toned down a bit but they play with organized groups and probably hardly have to deal w/ the struggles of being another DPS looking for a pug group against a BLU. The people arguing against them are mostly career BLUs.

I think I would much rather take an unbiased opinion from someone who isn't involved or effected by BLUs relative strength.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-15 16:21:44  
I mean, if you want to put words into my mouth yes, if you want to do pug parties, it helps to level jobs they want.

I'm also in no way shape or form a career BLU.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-15 16:30:12  
I do however love when I go jobs like THF and get MG.
By eliroo 2016-09-15 16:36:33  
I do however love when I go jobs like THF and get MG.

Imagine getting a March from a BRD.
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-15 16:39:49  
Isn't it nice multiple jobs can benefit you with haste? :)
 Odin.Roundelk
サーバ: Odin
user: Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-15 16:41:19  
eliroo said: »

Who gives a flip what a static LS does that can form their parties how ever they want and man-mode content until they down it?

What world do you live in when one example of an off-meta strategy works and furthermore it works within a group of players that constantly play together.

All that matters for most players is how pugs evaluate balance and what they invite. The average returning player is going to have a hard time joining content as their DRK if all they can do is pug since they don't have a group of friends who do content w/ whatever jobs they want.

Everyone complaining about BLU being strong including yourself should as it proved BLU is not even necessary tackle even in the highest of content. I also explained in my last post that BLU's defensive abilities goes to utter ***the higher you go in content so this *** about BLU being a defensive DD is just that ***. I'll say it again people who only shout/want BLU DD are players that are bad and ignorant period.
By eliroo 2016-09-15 16:44:14  

Everyone complaining about BLU being strong including yourself should as it proved BLU is not even necessary tackle even in the highest of content. I also explained in my last post that BLU's defensive abilities goes to utter ***the higher you go in content so this *** about BLU being a defensive DD is just that ***. I'll say it again people who only shout/want BLU DD are players that are bad and ignorant period.

There is a big difference between not being required for content and being the best option for content.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
サーバ: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-09-15 16:44:51  
I see a lot of job comparisons and to me its silly. Blu is overpowered, its simple. The question is if that is bad or not, and why is it overpowered?

Self capped haste? Seems overpowered, requires one less support spell from someone else.

Good defensive capabilities? Yep, but a tank is tank, you could hold a mob all day, that doesn't get it killed, so this is less of an issue, if any at all.

There is so many options to balance the game, but really Just make MG haste gear haste and that will fix it IMO
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-15 16:45:54  
I would have to say GEO is the best option for content.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-15 16:48:14  
Alright, in regards to BLU's defenses:

- Cocoon and Mighty Guard no longer stack.
- Nature's Meditation and Cocoon are mutually exclusive buffs.

This would address BLU's offense:defense ratio.

Utility:

- Mighty Guard is now AoE by default and lasts exactly 5 minutes with full points into the respective JP category.
- Erratic Flutter now lasts 10 minutes when combined with Diffusion.

This allows BLU to solo cap haste for every DD in the party. It would remain a staple party slot but would remove the "need" for two BLUs to stagger Mighty Guard usage. That would allow more DD flexibility. Or remove haste from MG and force GEOs to entrust haste or bring a BRD.

As for the argument about PUGs, I honestly don't know what to tell you. The majority of PUGs in this game are absolutely braindead. This is how it goes for every MMO ever.

If you don't want to deal with being invited to PUGs who don't know what they're doing, why not start your own parties? I'm able to fill a PUG within 20 minutes on Sylph of all places. If you're on a highly populated server like Asura then I truly and sincerely do not understand what limits you from doing the same.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-15 16:50:20  
The solution is giving haste roll to cor!

rip blitzer.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-15 16:51:33  
Giving COR a third roll, even at decreased potency, would be an extremely overdue change.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-15 16:51:50  
No way, because then COR could haste itself when not in a group and it would be OP and make it strongest DD for 145 content.
By eliroo 2016-09-15 16:54:52  
No way, because then COR could haste itself when not in a group and it would be OP and make it strongest DD for 145 content.

I wonder if Dravidian knows the we are talking about Haste capping or not.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The solution is giving haste roll to cor!

rip blitzer.

Then we can give BRD a STP song
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-15 16:56:24  
Then we can give BRD a STP song
Get off my lawn ship.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-15 16:57:05  
Are all melee not at haste cap in a serious melee party? I'm confused now. Do your parties only allow BLU to be capped?
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-09-15 16:57:45  
Yes a 3rd roll for cors gimme
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-15 16:58:34  
This is just my opinion, but I think 7 pages here and constant nerf /yell wars in Mhaura are more than just how stronk/weak BLU is by comparison to other jobs. What I think is happening is people want something to show for the 1 billion gil they've poured into their THF or other jobs they baby and spoil.

When you invest a significant amount of gil, effort and energy into your job and it doesn't stack up to the current bandwagon job (BLU in this case) for whatever reason(s); less survivability, less DPS, etc - then complaining ensues.

Let's take the suggestions a few here have made to adjust BLU. Would those adjustments (nerfs) make a huge impact with the current meta after the fact? I mean really make a difference in the grand scheme of things. I mean let's face it - what Dravidian said is true. If BLU were to get nerfed people would focus their grief on the next job to take the spotlight.

(I predict Monk will be the next bandwagon job)
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-15 16:59:27  
Give a COR a MBB roll and Bard a MAB and MCR song.
By Draylo 2016-09-15 16:59:56  
BLU isn't used for its damage output but more for the fact that it can cap haste by itself and this allowed buffers to use their more potent buffs, with that said in my opinion this is not broken because this situation was created by SE giving mobs massively high eva.

That is literally the only problem with the job. Even if it could do the same amount of damage as any job, it can still cap its own haste which in itself makes it far stronger than any other job.

Even if a GEO could Entrust Haste and not have to worry about it falling off, with a BLU they could still use their Entrust on something defensive or on a Indi-DEX/STR providing more damage to said blus.

Everyone is complaining about how defensive BLU is but in reality it is just the Haste from MG that seperates them from other DDs and puts them ahead.

BLU has always been defensive, they have always had AoE, they have always been decent melee and ranged dps. No other Melee job can cap in solely traits and spells though.

Dude, do you realize how miniscule of a boost indi-dex/str would give anyways? It isn't large enough to warrant bringing BLU only simply because your geo doesn't want to entrust indi-haste. The haste aspect is not important and for solo any DD can cap haste with trusts.
By eliroo 2016-09-15 17:02:03  
Draylo said: »

Dude, do you realize how miniscule of a boost indi-dex/str would give anyways? It isn't large enough to warrant bringing BLU only simply because your geo doesn't want to entrust indi-haste. The haste aspect is not important and for solo any DD can cap haste with trusts.

+45 Dex or +45 str is miniscule.

You heard it guys. The difference between off hand Almace i119 and Offhand Almace i119AG is miniscule.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 23 24 25