users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 73 74 75
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-05 13:10:42  
Is there any difference in a pet regen/dt set for GEO between Helios & Telchine? I know the stats are identical, just making sure I didn't miss anything from the augment pool or whatever.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-11-05 13:13:23  
Aren't luopans considered Lv99 targets? For pretty much all pets you have some item that allowed them to be Lv119, so this made sense. But I only recall reading that info on here somewhere.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-11-05 13:27:20  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is there any difference in a pet regen/dt set for GEO between Helios & Telchine? I know the stats are identical, just making sure I didn't miss anything from the augment pool or whatever.

It seems you can get pet DT instead of pet magic evasion on Telchine. You need 5 total if you're using Isa Belt + Dunna + Idris, so I can probably convert to 2/5 Telchine and 2/5 Helios (I'll get 3 more Regen this way.) Thanks for pointing it out.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-11-05 13:28:02  
Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
Aren't luopans considered Lv99 targets? For pretty much all pets you have some item that allowed them to be Lv119, so this made sense. But I only recall reading that info on here somewhere.

If this is the case then I'm more inclined to add Pet defense on any Helios pieces as the magic evasion seems not very good.
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-11-05 14:21:23  
I think Telchine has higher magic evasion, I use Telchine body/legs/hands with Pet:DT-, Pet:Regen, and Magic Evasion in case I have to stand near mob.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-11-05 14:55:32  

Based on BG Wiki's info, the cap for pet magic evasion is higher on Helios. If you're instead going for player character MEVA on the Snow augment, then they're basically the same there outside of the differences on the base stats - Helios being skewed more to MP/INT and Telchine being more balanced.

Leaf augment is going to be the same on either.

Dusk favors Telchine, since you can do Pet DT (Helios is not listed as offering that). If that's not needed for one reason or another, then you can double up the purpose of the piece and get Regen Potency or Enhancing Magic Duration.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-05 14:57:21  
Shiva.Berzerk said: »
I think Telchine has higher magic evasion, I use Telchine body/legs/hands with Pet:DT-, Pet:Regen, and Magic Evasion in case I have to stand near mob.

Actually, Helios caps at 10 higher Pet Magic Evasion when using Snow. If you're referring to master Meva, it's exactly the same base meva and augmented meva per piece in both sets (according to the wiki). The difference between the two sets is minimal, with Helios having a higher base MP pool, and Telchine having a few pieces with higher defense, int, mnd, and chr, and the ability to augment Pet DT via Dusk, where Helios does not.

edit: wow, same as response above ><
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-11-05 15:23:23  
Alrighty. The set I'm making is all about the luopan, so 2 telchine 2 Helios and Bagua Sandals +3 seems to be what I want. Probably some combination of hands legs body for telchine as I imagine empyrean head will eventually occupy that slot when it can be further upgraded.

Still not sure whether to do pet magic evasion or pet defense.
 Phoenix.Tearxx
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2018-11-05 16:13:00  
I personally hate skirmish gear, so only will be doing telchine legs when I get idris (since no other piece really makes sense on legs), and will be keeping empy head +1 and either refresh or dt- ambuscade body for most things. I barely see benefit of spending time/stones for GEO anymore outside of telchine legs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-05 16:32:18  
None of those augments and gear are really necessary at all, just nice to haves. It just makes it so that the player is able to afk for a few longer minutes between casts than he normally would. Which is worth it.
 Phoenix.Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2018-11-05 16:48:41  
I agree, but with max cape augs (15 regen), isa belt, empy head +1, relic +3 feet, earring, you sit at 25 regen. With +2 neck should be enough to break even with ecliptic up, and 10% chance for absorb. Telchine legs would push you +3/tic otherwise, and leaves space for refresh/dt- on body or other 3 regen if you find it necessary, but if you're afk bubbling you're not doing something hard anyways where regen won't matter and you'll be praying for absorb procs.
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-11-05 17:11:14  
Leviathan.Isiolia said: »

Based on BG Wiki's info, the cap for pet magic evasion is higher on Helios. If you're instead going for player character MEVA on the Snow augment, then they're basically the same there outside of the differences on the base stats - Helios being skewed more to MP/INT and Telchine being more balanced.

Leaf augment is going to be the same on either.

Dusk favors Telchine, since you can do Pet DT (Helios is not listed as offering that). If that's not needed for one reason or another, then you can double up the purpose of the piece and get Regen Potency or Enhancing Magic Duration.
Shiva.Berzerk said: »

Actually, Helios caps at 10 higher Pet Magic Evasion when using Snow. If you're referring to master Meva, it's exactly the same base meva and augmented meva per piece in both sets (according to the wiki). The difference between the two sets is minimal, with Helios having a higher base MP pool, and Telchine having a few pieces with higher defense, int, mnd, and chr, and the ability to augment Pet DT via Dusk, where Helios does not.

edit: wow, same as response above ><

That's why i didn't put Pet: in front of magic evasion aug for Telchine. I was talking solely magic evasion for the GEO, magic evasion for the bubble seems like more effort than it's worth.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-11-05 17:32:17  
None of those augments and gear are really necessary at all, just nice to haves. It just makes it so that the player is able to afk for a few longer minutes between casts than he normally would. Which is worth it.

The circumstances warrant whether it's necessary or not. How do you expect to maintain a BoG + EA Luopan without gearing for DT/Pet Regen? I can say that after many wave 2/3 fights that my Luopan is constantly dying from AoEs unless I have bolster up. It would be nice to retain improved bubble potency as long as I can in those situations.

If you want to use the other slots for Refresh, I feel like most of the time you don't need it. It's situational but you can get insane amounts of magic accuracy on AF+3 for Aspir, and if you have a bard you can just get ballad. I never run out of mana in Dyna because of this.
 Phoenix.Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2018-11-05 17:47:03  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »

The circumstances warrant whether it's necessary or not. How do you expect to maintain a BoG + EA Luopan without gearing for DT/Pet Regen? I can say that after many wave 2/3 fights that my Luopan is constantly dying from AoEs unless I have bolster up. It would be nice to retain improved bubble potency as long as I can in those situations.

If you want to use the other slots for Refresh, I feel like most of the time you don't need it. It's situational but you can get insane amounts of magic accuracy on AF+3 for Aspir, and if you have a bard you can just get ballad. I never run out of mana in Dyna because of this.

You should be geared for DT- in every situation. Priority is pet dt- before anything else. It's honestly personal preference/opinion. I prefer to use refresh body because I constantly cure/MB/buff/enfeeb and use a lot of my MP pool on GEO. If you find 60 HP/min on your luo useful, get telchine body with augs. If not, go for master DT- or refresh depending what you're fighting. Again, on anything hard (high level content/AoE spamming mobs), you're going to be hoping for absorb procs to extend Luo lifetime rather than the 60 HP you'll get from telchine/helios body.
 Bahamut.Malothar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-11-05 20:41:05  
Phoenix.Tearxx said: »
Again, on anything hard (high level content/AoE spamming mobs), you're going to be hoping for absorb procs to extend Luo lifetime rather than the 60 HP you'll get from telchine/helios body.

They're not mutually exclusive though. Every point of extra HP you can give your luopan is a slightly higher chance it'll live long enough for an absorb.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-11-05 20:53:08  
Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Phoenix.Tearxx said: »
Again, on anything hard (high level content/AoE spamming mobs), you're going to be hoping for absorb procs to extend Luo lifetime rather than the 60 HP you'll get from telchine/helios body.

They're not mutually exclusive though. Every point of extra HP you can give your luopan is a slightly higher chance it'll live long enough for an absorb.

This. Usually the only time my luopan is gibbed is right at BoG cast, and extra HP to avoid that could be very good. As well, just being at near max HP to start is very good. Hell, I can even see a viability to retaining Relic head on considering the effect of the +2 neck. But that would be exclusive for idle GEO alts.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-11-06 07:29:55  
dont think there is but is there a way to tell via lua if your bubble is BoG?

would be nice to give this bubble a little "special handling" could go max pet dt/regen, then maybe swap some more owner pieces(refresh was mentioned) out for "other" bubbles

This is what im using for idle with luopon out
Merlinic hood: DM aug Pet Regen 4

ItemSet 362808
+31 Pet Regen
Seems im over cap on pet dt, looks like ditching the handlers and going Lugalbanga would give me more owner defense, thoughts?
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-11-06 10:49:26  
Asura.Toralin said: »

I use:

Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if buffactive['Entrust'] then
        equip(sets.midcast.Geomancy.Indi.Entrust)
	elseif buffactive['Blaze of Glory'] then
		equip(sets.midcast.Geomancy.BoG)
    end
end

to alter my Geomancy sets. Entrust is included to swap Idris to a max Indi duration Gada to eek out those extra 20~ seconds or so of Entrust, while BoG just swaps in Bagua head +3 and keeps other Geo gear. To make it carry over to the whole duration of the bubble to take advantage of Bagua head, you'd need to have a function for post aftercast. I don't know how the function would be written to specify if the last Geo spell was BoG or not, but I'm sure there's a way.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-11-06 11:03:49  
Yeah exactly its like you set aftercast to know you need idle.BoG while that pet(bubble) is alive, after pet dies it would revert back to idle.pet
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-11-06 14:03:49  
Asura.Toralin said: »

would be nice to give this bubble a little "special handling" could go max pet dt/regen, then maybe swap some more owner pieces(refresh was mentioned) out for "other" bubbles

This is what im using for idle with luopon out
Merlinic hood: DM aug Pet Regen 4

ItemSet 362808
+31 Pet Regen
Seems im over cap on pet dt, looks like ditching the handlers and going Lugalbanga would give me more owner defense, thoughts?

Hypaspist Earring + Telchine/Helios hands + Dunna swaps could result in 4 more pet regen. I have 3 different idle modes and 6 sets. Each mode has two idle sets for Luopan/no-Luopan.

Code
   1 Mode/Set            Pet DT  Pet Regen   Player DT   Player Refresh                                  
   2 Normal/No Luopan    None    None        Minimal     Max                                             
   3 Normal/Luopan       Max     Moderate    Minimal     Moderate                                        
   4 DT/No Luopan        None    None        Max         Moderate                                        
   5 DT/Luopan           Max     Moderate    Max         Minimal                                         
   6 Regen/No Luopan     None    None        Minimal     Max                                             
   7 Regen/Luopan        Max     Max         Minimal     Minimal 

Normal mode is situations with no special needs. DT is when I expect to incur some damage on the GEO and player DT is desirable. Pet Regen is for situations where I want to place a really strong Luopan (EA + BoG) for an extended period of time and don't expect to incur much damage on the GEO.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-11-16 21:19:24  
So I'm sure this has been touched on before but I cant really find it/lazy to check every single post but would I been wrong changing my seekers ring from the geo one to a different one and just replacing with a second stikini ring? I feel it should be fine and tbh I dont even think I'll need the second stikini as I have the 900 skill and Idris on top of that the only thing I'm missing from geo is +3 gear pieces and a bagua charm. Sets so it's still used I'm guessing for refresh but yea any insight from fellow geos would be nice.
 Asura.Fuzzydice
user: Fuzzydice
By Asura.Fuzzydice 2018-11-16 22:07:39  
Does geomancy stat on bagua charm stack with dunna/Idris?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-11-16 22:08:50  
Asura.Fuzzydice said: »
I'm really surprised how many people ask this... No, you'll get whatever the highest one is in your set.
[+]
By Elizabet 2018-11-16 22:09:22  
Asura.Fuzzydice said: »

Nope, highest wins.

But, even with Idris, both of these items have other desirable stats.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-11-16 22:20:55  
Yea charm has been on my list for the BoG benefits alone I know people been on the fence about it at first including me but it's worth. It is shocking to see people not know about the stacking of geomancy thing.
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-11-16 23:44:00  
Bagua Charm is godly. I have +1 almost capped and it keeps BoG alive for WAY longer than I ever thought it would. The absorb proc hits just enough to fill that bad boy loupon up to cap in MOST situations.

I have 22 pet regen in my hybrid idle set (Changed Ambu cape from +5 Regen > -10 PDT last month) but with the -4 HP proc and the Absorb effect from the charm it is very noticeable.

Edit: @ Tip we chatted about this already tonight but as long as you have 900 Skill in your casting set then you are fine, no need for the Renaye Ring, you are free to change it. I have had the Cure-II Ring the whole time I have been playing Geo and never thought I needed the Geoskill+ ring.

With Bagua Charm being a Midcast Item you gotta account for the Skill loss from Incators torque but with Empy head/Feet, Relic Body(+3)/Legs I am over cap easy... hell with Master Geo I have 900+ skill in my idle set (I use Empy Head)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-22 10:46:47  
I'm sure I'm missing some important piece that I couldn't remember about, but how do you cap DT using Bagua Charm +2?

I'm talking about a set with Bagua Charm +2 (i.e. can't use neck slot) that achieves the following:
>= 50% total DT (of which at least 25% MDT)
>= 38,5% pet DT

Not counting Vocane Ring +1 of course.
Ideally not using the Head and Feet too (Azimuth+1, soon +3, for the head and Bagua+3 for the feet. Don't think it's possible if you exclude these 2 slots as well though)
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-11-22 11:07:51  
Thanks to Malothar testing a couple
Months back he found out that the Charm is a Midcast item! I had same concerns when augments first game out but things have not changed in my main idle sets.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-22 11:25:42  
That's got to be an error on their part, how can it absorb damage(s) when not equipped, unless you're only talking about the "duration" part
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 73 74 75