First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-07-24 11:45:39  
Sectumsempra said:

Guess it goes with the home turf thing?

aye~ I defend windower and I only use it when I want to log on to take a SS of armor or something or if the 360 is being used.
 Kujata.Houshisama
サーバ: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-07-24 11:48:37  
windower is the best thing that has been invented since sex.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-24 12:05:30  
Well as someone who generally uses windower with most of the bells and whistles, but doesn't use windower on my laptop, I'm pretty certain that Dragonli is just a butt-hurt knob. Everything I do with windower, I can do without, it's just a pain in the arse. For every spell I cast, and changing back to TP gear, it's an extra macro I have to hit, it's not so much that it's harder, it's just a pain in the ***.

Distance, I can do with radar and sight, but it's easier and faster with windower.

Tp'ing with other people, again, easier and more accurate with windower, but in a party situation you get a definite feel for how fast other people gain tp in comparison, that really isn't a difficult thing to do.

Status timers aren't an issue, you get a message when they run out anyway. Recast is handy, but again, not needed. Big three I have a pretty damn good feel for when they're up, same with Utsusemi. Besides, if it's not up when I need it, I put /recast "Utsusemi: Ichi" into my macro, and it either casts, or tells me how long until I can.

No-one, I repeat NO-ONE can tell the difference with me whether I'm using windower or if I'm playing on my laptop, the only person that can tell is me, because I'm hitting twice as many macros, working twice as hard, and generally having half as much fun.

So in answer to Dragonli's question. I don't NEED windower at all. But FFXI has a lot of stuff that's fairly out-dated and sluggish. Windower adds a bunch of features that are all fairly small in and of themselves, but putting them all together just makes the game that much more stream-lined, and puts some more enjoyment into it. While the game may be "designed to be challenging" NO game should be challenging simply because of a sluggish interface and controls. The game is still challenging with windower, I don't have a "insta-kill NM" button, I don't bot, I don't use APradar, I just have a little more info directly visible to myself.

But anyway, I highly doubt every part of this guys story, partly because even with his methods of catching people out, aside for the tp one which most people wouldn't actually fall for that easily, there's still no way to prove any of the things he mentioned. But on top of that, I mainly don't believe him because if he's seen so many people go to Mordion Gaol, he'd probably know how to spell it.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-24 12:09:39  
That last line had a very perfect delivery, Blazza and sums up Dragon's worth.
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-24 12:13:23  
Sectumsempra said:
You know, looking back, I find it funny how adamantly I defend windower when the only thing I use it for is drawdistance. I literally don't even use windower macros.

Guess it goes with the home turf thing?
I barely use macros anyway... Let alone Windower macros. XD
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-24 12:16:27  
Dragonli said:
I'm a jealous self-absorbed and butthurt pussy that has to make up false stories to strike paranoia and supsicion among the entire FFXI community just so I can stroke my ego and boot my self esteem since this is the only way I can do it.

Fixed that for ya.
[+]
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-07-24 12:19:04  
Blazza said:
Well as someone who generally uses windower with most of the bells and whistles, but doesn't use windower on my laptop, I'm pretty certain that Dragonli is just a butt-hurt knob. Everything I do with windower, I can do without, it's just a pain in the arse. For every spell I cast, and changing back to TP gear, it's an extra macro I have to hit, it's not so much that it's harder, it's just a pain in the ***.

Distance, I can do with radar and sight, but it's easier and faster with windower.

Tp'ing with other people, again, easier and more accurate with windower, but in a party situation you get a definite feel for how fast other people gain tp in comparison, that really isn't a difficult thing to do.

Status timers aren't an issue, you get a message when they run out anyway. Recast is handy, but again, not needed. Big three I have a pretty damn good feel for when they're up, same with Utsusemi. Besides, if it's not up when I need it, I put /recast "Utsusemi: Ichi" into my macro, and it either casts, or tells me how long until I can.

No-one, I repeat NO-ONE can tell the difference with me whether I'm using windower or if I'm playing on my laptop, the only person that can tell is me, because I'm hitting twice as many macros, working twice as hard, and generally having half as much fun.

So in answer to Dragonli's question. I don't NEED windower at all. But FFXI has a lot of stuff that's fairly out-dated and sluggish. Windower adds a bunch of features that are all fairly small in and of themselves, but putting them all together just makes the game that much more stream-lined, and puts some more enjoyment into it. While the game may be "designed to be challenging" NO game should be challenging simply because of a sluggish interface and controls. The game is still challenging with windower, I don't have a "insta-kill NM" button, I don't bot, I don't use APradar, I just have a little more info directly visible to myself.

But anyway, I highly doubt every part of this guys story, partly because even with his methods of catching people out, aside for the tp one which most people wouldn't actually fall for that easily, there's still no way to prove any of the things he mentioned. But on top of that, I mainly don't believe him because if he's seen so many people go to Mordion Gaol, he'd probably know how to spell it.

right ...... you can literally change a whole gear set using the same control+1 macro hitting it like 3-4 times...... having the macro change macro sets for you and the next one does the same until you are back at the original. its just annoying. easy though. it takes probably under 2 seconds to press it that many times without moving the position of my hands.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-24 12:20:28  
Houshisama said:

right ...... you can literally change a whole gear set using the same control+1 macro hitting it like 3-4 times...... having the macro change macro sets for you and the next one does the same until you are back at the original. its just annoying. easy though. it takes probably under 2 seconds to press it that many times without moving the position of my hands.

No ***? Must have missed that update. Can you elucidate me a little?
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-24 12:23:35  
Yeah there's a command that allows you to switch pages/books and activate other macros from a macro, so technically the windower macro string of gear swaps can be done through a similar, albeit more annoying and inconvenient matter from the game itself.

Sadly, I totally forget what the command was.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-07-24 12:25:06  
Sectumsempra said:
Houshisama said:

No ***? Must have missed that update. Can you elucidate me a little?

well if you were serious. last line of macro set 1 for the macro is /macro set 2 if you were on 1... then same thing on 2 just have it move to 3 until you are on the last one, have it go to /macro set 1
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-24 12:25:57  
/macro set 1
/macro book 1
/macro

CTRL+1 Set 1:
Line 1 - /equip main whatever
Line 2 - /equip sub whatever
Line 3 - /equip ammo whatever
Line 4 - /equip head whatever
Line 5 - /equip neck whatever
Line 6 - /macro set 2

CTRL+1 Set 2:
Line 1 - /equip ear1 whatever
Line 2 - /equip ear2 whatever
Line 3 - /equip body whatever
Line 4 - /equip hands whatever
Line 5 - /equip ring1 whatever
Line 6 - /macro set 3

CTRL+1 Set 3:
Line 1 - /equip ring2 whatever
Line 2 - /equip back whatever
Line 3 - /equip waist whatever
Line 4 - /equip legs whatever
Line 5 - /equip feet whatever
Line 6 - /macro set 1

After the 3rd press you've swapped all your gear and now back at the start.
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-07-24 12:27:31  
Hypnotizd said:
/macro set 1
/macro book 1
/macro

CTRL+1 Set 1:
Line 1 - /equip main whatever
Line 2 - /equip sub whatever
Line 3 - /equip ammo whatever
Line 4 - /equip head whatever
Line 5 - /equip neck whatever
Line 6 - /macro set 2

CTRL+1 Set 2:
Line 1 - /equip ear1 whatever
Line 2 - /equip ear2 whatever
Line 3 - /equip body whatever
Line 4 - /equip hands whatever
Line 5 - /equip ring1 whatever
Line 6 - /macro set 3

CTRL+1 Set 3:
Line 1 - /equip ring2 whatever
Line 2 - /equip back whatever
Line 3 - /equip waist whatever
Line 4 - /equip legs whatever
Line 5 - /equip feet whatever
Line 6 - /macro set 1

After the 3rd press you've swapped all your gear and now back at the start.

yea i just didnt want to type all that. thanks
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-24 12:28:38  
Thanks a ton for that explanation!

brb restructuring macros >_>
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-24 12:34:39  
But to be honest this is so much better (I still haven't played with spellcast):

CTRL+1:
Line 1 - //exec blm\\thunder.txt

blm\\thunder.txt said:
input /equip main "Jupiter's Staff";
input /equip sub "Bugard Strap +1";
input /equip ammo "Phtm. Tathlum";
input /equip head "Sorcerer's Petas.";
input /equip neck "Elemental Torque";
input /equip ear1 "Novio Earring";
input /equip ear2 "Moldavite Earring";
input /equip body "Igqira Weskit";
input /equip hands "Zenith Mitts";
input /equip ring1 "Sorcerer's Ring";
input /equip ring2 "Diamond Ring";
input /equip back "Prism Cape";
input /equip waist "Penitent's Rope";
input /equip legs "Mahatma Slops";
input /equip feet "Yigit Crackows";
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-07-24 12:45:13  
Hypnotizd said:
But to be honest this is so much better (I still haven't played with spellcast):

CTRL+1:
Line 1 - //exec blm\\thunder.txt

blm\\thunder.txt said:
input /equip main "Jupiter's Staff";
input /equip sub "Bugard Strap +1";
input /equip ammo "Phtm. Tathlum";
input /equip head "Sorcerer's Petas.";
input /equip neck "Elemental Torque";
input /equip ear1 "Novio Earring";
input /equip ear2 "Moldavite Earring";
input /equip body "Igqira Weskit";
input /equip hands "Zenith Mitts";
input /equip ring1 "Sorcerer's Ring";
input /equip ring2 "Diamond Ring";
input /equip back "Prism Cape";
input /equip waist "Penitent's Rope";
input /equip legs "Mahatma Slops";
input /equip feet "Yigit Crackows";

another good thing about spellcast. you can bind the spell and the gear swap to the same macro. no more separate macros for gear swaps........ but you could also do it the legitimate way with annoyance
 Fenrir.Parak
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2009-07-24 19:23:13  
Hey kinda a random question...

But how do you increase the size of the screen on windower?! I don't want it full screen but I don't want it the size of 1/4 of my screen either. Anyone? =(
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
user: Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2009-07-24 20:10:54  
Parak said:

But how do you increase the size of the screen on windower?! I don't want it full screen but I don't want it the size of 1/4 of my screen either. Anyone? =(

Change the resolution in the "Launcher" folder
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-07-24 20:36:01  
Acropora said:
Parak said:

Change the resolution in the "Launcher" folder
You can also use the Windower GUI launcher to adjust your resolution and such.

Blazza said:
I mainly don't believe him because if he's seen so many people go to Mordion Gaol, he'd probably know how to spell it.
^-- :D
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-24 20:47:01  
Windower GUI launcher has never ran for me. Always crashes instantly.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-24 20:48:40  
Artemicion said:
Yeah there's a command that allows you to switch pages/books

/macro set #
/macro book #

(# obviously the number lol)

A godsend for SCH...
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-24 21:21:31  
Kungfuhustle said:
DON'T TAKE YOUR MASTER'S NAME IN VAIN BOY, before he blows you away with his shotgun!

Ain't my master :P
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-24 21:22:56  
<----- OBEY HIM!!!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-24 21:27:35  
User submitted image

OBEY HIM!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-24 21:34:18  
User submitted image
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-24 21:35:01  
Obey me and stay on topic.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-24 21:37:56  
NEVA!!!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-24 21:45:37  
Alyria said:

^ Most likely cause for a derail right there :p
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-24 21:49:27  
Blazza said:
Alyria said:

^ Most likely cause for a derail right there :p

Well I deleted some posts that were a bit much for derail. Just let's stay on the topic. thanks.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-24 21:51:08  
Have you not seen the topic of this thread? The fact that it's lasted to page 6 and stayed on the same topic is frankly quite amazing.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-24 21:52:19  
Not only that, but the thread might as well be titled "Flame Bait" since this topic always ends up that way.

Religion, Politics, and Windower...three things you never talk about in polite company.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7