Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 130 131 132 ... 181 182 183

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-03-19 20:35:23  
How can I do set combines for engaged gear?

What I want to do is make a set of gear with a few pieces of +dual wield, and then just toggle to equip them over my current set, instead of have entire sets devoted to DW, since I almost always have haste cap anyway. I saw a post the other day where did this where they declared a set for say sets.Crit and then would do sets.engaged.PDT.Crit and would have it so it would combine their sets.engaged.PDT with sets.Crit.

If I were to do this for normal sets would I need to do something like:

sets.DW = <insert DW gear here>

sets.engaged.LowAcc =
sets.engaged.MidAcc =
sets.engaged.HighAcc =

sets.engaged.LowAcc.DW = setcombine
sets.engaged.MidAcc.DW = setcombine
sets.engaged.HighAcc.DW = setcombine

Or is there a more efficient way to do this? And is there a middle term I need other than sets.DW?

Also I have a lua rule to equip Turms mittens on my hands while Battuta is active, is there any way to toggle that off other than // that line beforehand? Maybe make a new condition if Last Resort is up it ignores that rule to equip the hands?
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-19 21:24:53  
I you're using Mote's, you can set up a hybrid state for DW to achieve what you described.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-03-19 22:33:02  
So I just need to make a sets.DW and toggle hybrid state and it'll combine my offense mode + hybrid set?
 Asura.Shosei
user: Shosei
By Asura.Shosei 2018-03-20 09:32:02  
In the buff id list in resources there are two sets of stom buffs, 178-185 and 589-596. Are these storm 1 and storm 2 buffs respectively?
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-20 19:06:48  
Code
function user_setup()
    state.HybridMode:options('Normal', 'DW')
end

Code
function init_gear_sets()

sets.DW = {}

sets.engaged.DW = set_combine(sets.engaged, sets.DW)
    sets.engaged.LowAcc.DW = set_combine(sets.engaged.LowAcc, sets.DW)
    sets.engaged.MidAcc.DW = set_combine(sets.engaged.MidAcc, sets.DW)
    sets.engaged.HighAcc.DW = set_combine(sets.engaged.HighAcc, sets.DW)

end
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-03-20 19:17:58  
So barely any lines saved from just hardcoding those sets in instead of doing the combine, oh well. Thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-03-20 21:41:33  
Can anyone help me figure this out? I'm new to Gearswap as a whole as it wasn't a thing when I played XI back in '09 era, but I'm trying to get this working. Everything functions properly other than getting a healing breath setup to work. It triggers just fine, swaps into the player HP gear w/ the Drachen helm to trigger at 50%, but then it just swaps back to whatever TP set was currently equipped before that point. There's a midcast.hb on line 120-125 that the lua doesn't have my character swap into during the healing breath animation for higher HB numbers. That's the issue. The original owner of this lua said he couldn't figure out how to get it to swap back to his TP set after it would swap into the wyvern HP+ Wyrm armor set for HB, so he just swapped out of his healing breath gear manually upon completion. I feel like this sort of defeats the purpose, so I'd rather avoid having to do that. Anyone able to help? Thanks in advance

Drg LUA: https://pastebin.com/J7UcSDVR

inc LUA: https://pastebin.com/fGgk70DS
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-20 22:45:04  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
So barely any lines saved from just hardcoding those sets in instead of doing the combine, oh well. Thanks.

Your issue seems to be that your lua has absolutely no pet_precast, pet_midcast, or pet_aftercast functions. Wyvern breaths should work very similar to SMN blood pacts. I would create a set at the top of the lua that looks something like:

Breaths = S{'Healing Breath','Flame Breath','Frost Breath', etc.}

function pet_midcast(spell)
if Breaths:contains(spell.name) then
equip(sets.midcast.hb)
end
end

function pet_aftercast(spell)
eq_default()
end

This should allow you to weaponskill then when your pet begins to cast a breath it will put on your breath set and then at the end of the breath it will put you back into your default set based on your include.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-03-21 01:38:25  
Asura.Darian said: »

Your issue seems to be that your lua has absolutely no pet_precast, pet_midcast, or pet_aftercast functions. Wyvern breaths should work very similar to SMN blood pacts. I would create a set at the top of the lua that looks something like:

equip(sets.midcast.hb)
end
end

eq_default()
end

This should allow you to weaponskill then when your pet begins to cast a breath it will put on your breath set and then at the end of the breath it will put you back into your default set based on your include.

Was this directed at my post? Or did Ladyofhonor and I just have very similar issues? lol
By Squabble 2018-03-21 02:02:04  

What I want to do is make a set of gear with a few pieces of +dual wield, and then just toggle to equip them over my current set, instead of have entire sets devoted to DW, since I almost always have haste cap anyway. I saw a post the other day where did this where they declared a set for say sets.Crit and then would do sets.engaged.PDT.Crit and would have it so it would combine their sets.engaged.PDT with sets.Crit.

sets.engaged.LowAcc =
sets.engaged.MidAcc =
sets.engaged.HighAcc =

Or is there a more efficient way to do this? And is there a middle term I need other than sets.DW?

Also I have a lua rule to equip Turms mittens on my hands while Battuta is active, is there any way to toggle that off other than // that line beforehand? Maybe make a new condition if Last Resort is up it ignores that rule to equip the hands?

If you want to save lines you could make a toggle and in the logic that determines meleeSet you could have it equip based on the toggle.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-21 03:30:51  
Quetzalcoatl.Darsha said: »

equip(sets.midcast.hb)
end
end

eq_default()
end

Was this directed at my post? Or did Ladyofhonor and I just have very similar issues? lol

Directed at you not sure how it got misquoted.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-03-21 03:53:57  

equip(sets.midcast.hb)
end
end

eq_default()
end

Directed at you not sure how it got misquoted.

All good, just making sure! :) Much appreciated though. I'll give it a try this afternoon sometime.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-21 08:43:57  

sets.engaged.LowAcc =
sets.engaged.MidAcc =
sets.engaged.HighAcc =

Would help to see your lua, but the way I play I have a toggle for my TP sets and the way it works is when I press the bound key it takes me into the send command function and increments a variable up to the max of my TP set counts. What I would do if I were you is create a keybind that moves a variable back and forth between binary 0 and 1. Then in your atatus change and aftercast add two conditionals if player.status = 'Engaged' and DW_Ind = 0 then equip(sets.engaged.engaged([Index_Val])) elseif player.status = 'Engaged' and DW_Ind = 1 then set_combine(sets.engaged.engaged([Index_Val]),sets.dual.dual([Index_Val])) end

I can give exact syntax later. The gist being that you have a DW counterpart to each TP set. You can use the exact same index value on the two sets and a binary toggle to choose one of two if conditions to either set combine or not.

I also have some stuff I've played with that tests your haste values and chooses the smartest setup for you
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-03-23 04:47:07  
Would anyone know if it's possible to setup a way to have your lua react to specific monster abilities automatically by swapping into gear sets to protect against that ability for example?
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-03-23 09:33:51  
Figured it out lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-03-23 10:44:11  
Selindrile's LUAs have an auto defense mode that can swap into PDT OR MDT given the action.

These LUAs are the sh*t. Things on all the jobs you always wanted. Too many options to start ranting.

https://github.com/Selindrile/
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-03-23 10:44:31  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Went to update my WHM lua a bit. Always thought it worked, since Hachi swapped for storm/lightsday. However, it actually was not swapping to weather sets, just the obi. Not sure what I derp'd on.

Derp

Lines 215 and 260
Code
main={name="chatoyant Staff",priority=16},

Change to:
Code
main={name="Chatoyant Staff",priority=16},

See if that fixes your problem.

Edit: Are you saying the only thing that equips is the waist, not the rings or the Nodens either?
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-03-23 10:52:45  
Only the waist. It defaults to my cure set + the waist.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-23 11:11:22  
Would anyone know if it's possible to setup a way to have your lua react to specific monster abilities automatically by swapping into gear sets to protect against that ability for example?

React is the addon you are looking for. You can store all the moves in the game that cause terror and put a resist terror set on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-03-23 15:44:01  

React is the addon you are looking for. You can store all the moves in the game that cause terror and put a resist terror set on.

Alright man, idk what could have changed from last night when I had it working but the even more strange part is after comparing my Drg Lua to the original owner's I can't find any differences between his drg and inc luas and mine. Still having the same issue now, just the wyrm armet+1 and the wyvern HP set isn't being triggered to equip during wyvern's HB animation on my lua. I even swapped over to his current lua files to rule out anything else causing the issues, and his work absolutely fine.

My Drg lua: https://pastebin.com/C63d5xUm
My inc lua: https://pastebin.com/eqTaYq9s

and

His Drg lua: https://pastebin.com/7angkQ6f
His Inc lua: https://pastebin.com/Jsrq4AUQ
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-23 15:51:22  
I realize you have one of them commented out... but why have two entire pet midcast functions? If you ever uncommented the second function, the it would overwrite the first and both rule could never work.

So currently there's no way to have functional HB's and ele breaths. Still looking for the primary issue, btw.

Also.. playing some 75 cap there? these sets are nostalgia tripping me. XD
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-23 16:02:26  
I must be blind. Why is the pet midcast function nested inside of get_Sets? Would that even work? I would expect that to throw an error on load really. Then again I've never tried to do something so weird... so who knows.

Maybe try moving that out of get_sets?
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-03-23 16:26:24  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I must be blind. Why is the pet midcast function nested inside of get_Sets? Would that even work? I would expect that to throw an error on load really. Then again I've never tried to do something so weird... so who knows.

Maybe try moving that out of get_sets?

Sorry like I said in an original post a page back, I'm completely new to gearswaps as they weren't a thing back when I played in like 2009 lol. But yeah there's actually quite a few players on private servers set in the 2009-ish era of FFXI. I won't say names because I know it's against rules on many websites like this, but I know you could find them pretty easily if you looked! :)

Back to the original question though, I actually had it above everything when I first wrote the HB functions in like Darian had originally suggested. Everything seemed to work fine last night, even the swapping to just wyrm armet for elemental breaths when I swapped to /sam. After everything seemed to work I just went to bed, didn't change anything that I'ma ware of from then to now. :/ so yeah you can imagine my frustration when I logged in today only to find them not functioning properly anymore.

I only put it where it's at in the pastebin file I linked here because swapping over to the functional luas made everything work completely fine, it's just our gear is so vastly different. So I changed my HB function's positioning in the lua to reflect his. Still no luck though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-03-23 16:29:04  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I realize you have one of them commented out... but why have two entire pet midcast functions? If you ever uncommented the second function, the it would overwrite the first and both rule could never work.

So currently there's no way to have functional HB's and ele breaths. Still looking for the primary issue, btw.

Oh to address this question, I was just fooling around with it mainly trying to get two separate gearsets, one for strictly Healing Breaths and another for strictly Elemental Breaths instead of swapping to a healing breath set for Elemental breath, since it swaps out a few haste pieces. Mostly just trying to optimize as much as possible. It's not possible to do that though?
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-03-23 18:08:38  
@Martel Taking out the elemental breath portion that I added and had lined out completely seems to have fixed the issue, and it works again. Is there no possible way of getting the lua to swap to a separate set for elemental breaths when I'm not /mage then?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-23 18:36:01  
Maybe try using this for your pet midcast?
Code
		equip(sets.midcast.hb)
	elseif ElementalBreath:contains(spell.name) then
		equip(sets.midcast.elementalb)
	end  
end
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-03-23 19:33:55  
That worked perfectly! Thank you so much :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-03-23 19:57:27  

Where could one get this add-on? I'm not seeing it on Windower add-ons.

I did find this lua file but I wasn't sure this is what you meant?

https://github.com/SammehFFXI/FFXIAddons/tree/master/React

Do you just edit the things you want to react to in the react lua file? or would it go into a gearswap lua?

EDIT: Nevermind I think I figured it out and things seem to work. I just can't tell 100% it's actually keeping the PDT/MDT set equipped until after the monster's actions are finished. Would I need to add some sort of wait command for it to do that?

I also notice for some reason, when the target misses whatever the TP attack was it leaves me in the PDT set after completion for whatever reason. Any commands to fix that?
First Page 2 3 ... 130 131 132 ... 181 182 183