フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Problems with Profile Info
Problems with Profile Info
First Page 2
 Kujata.Calili
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Calili
By Kujata.Calili 2008-06-19 19:55:48  
My character profile has suddenly gone wonky. ; ; It's not displaying my missions or equipment info, and what is being displayed hasn't updated for several days, despite what it says (my Alchemy has been at 30 for the past 3 days, and that's not showing correctly).

So... I've exhausted everything I can think of to fix this problem -
-- I checked my info on the community site, all are set to Display to all (public).
-- I've tried repasting my community site address into the appropriate box on the Configure page and saving it.
-- I've even tried unlinking my character and resetting it up all over again (verify and all).

Help?!
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-06-19 23:34:05  
does it look correct now? I forced an update, not sure what was wrong.
 Kujata.Calili
user: Calili
By Kujata.Calili 2008-06-20 06:15:28  
Yep!! Thanks so much! ^.^
 Asura.Zekky
サーバ: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2008-06-20 12:49:26  
I'm actually having the same problem.... None of my stuff is showing up and I forced a queue.... Anyone else having the issue too?
 Cerberus.Psychopat
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Psychopat
By Cerberus.Psychopat 2008-07-01 08:12:39  
Same thing here. Equip, job lv and all other stuff not showing up.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2008-07-02 09:21:07
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Yea I noticed my character doesn't update unless I click the queue for update button.
 Odin.Trebla
サーバ: Odin
user: Trebla
By Odin.Trebla 2008-07-05 05:14:32  
My character doesn't update even if i click on queue for update button :/
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-07-05 19:51:24  
did you guys wait 10 minutes? it says after you press it that it can take up to 10 mins. just wondering....
 Hades.Evilpaul
サーバ: Hades
user: Evilpaul
By Hades.Evilpaul 2008-07-06 22:19:08  
8 hours later, I still haven't seen any change. ;p
 Ramuh.Fili
サーバ: Ramuh
user: fili
By Ramuh.Fili 2008-07-07 01:31:46  
4 days since last update, queued several times over the past 2 days, dunno :/
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2008-07-07 09:24:13

Mine updates only when queued.. 4 days since last update. I'm gonna go click it now and see if it updates.

Edit: Nope, nothing.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-07-07 12:39:33  
The POL LS Comm site profile pages were offline quite a bit over the 4th of July weekend, going up and down since Thursday. I've only succeeded in pulling up people's profiles about 1 out of 5 times I checked. It's possible those those who experienced problems with the queue were because FFXIAH.com was attempting to parse the site while it was temporarily offline.
 Ramuh.Fili
By Ramuh.Fili 2008-07-07 18:14:38  
hm it was working for me past few days, then today when i try to look at my profile:

"The server is currently busy and will be unable to properly transmit data. Please try again later. "

Q_Q
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-07-07 19:28:59  
Yup, I just tried to pull yours up (Fili) and was told the profile site was temporarily offline again.

If the official POL site can't keep itself up, our parser certainly isn't going to be able to. =/
 Kujata.Veyronn
user: Veyron
By Kujata.Veyronn 2008-07-07 23:38:42  
Mines not updating even when I hit update. It's been 2 days since it wouldn't let me update, maybe a glitch? idk :3 lol

Also, my PoL community profile page updates itself fine, just won't show up here for some reason.
 Alexander.Futchy
サーバ: Alexander
user:
By Alexander.Futchy 2008-07-07 23:52:31

when i click update it says allow 10mins but 30-45mins later it doesn't update, ive tried this every hour for last 3 days straight, no update. is it broken?
 Kujata.Veyronn
user: Veyron
By Kujata.Veyronn 2008-07-07 23:53:51  
Futchy said:
when i click update it says allow 10mins but 30-45mins later it doesn't update, ive tried this every hour for last 3 days straight, no update. is it broken?

That's whats been happening to me, lol.
 Ramuh.Vegas
user: Rirague
By Ramuh.Vegas 2008-07-08 05:56:29  
Veyronn said:
Futchy said:
That's whats been happening to me, lol.

Same thing has been happening to me
 Hades.Evilpaul
By Hades.Evilpaul 2008-07-08 08:02:26  
It used to always give me a "You're not currently logged in." message and I had to click the link, then login, then I'd get sent to my page as usual. I'm now getting that new error and have to do the same thing as before to get to end up on my profile page.
 Garuda.Claudeus
サーバ: Garuda
user: Claudeus
By Garuda.Claudeus 2008-07-08 12:12:57  
Same issue, 2nd day in a row I forced an update and nothing happened.
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2008-07-08 12:53:11  
Looks like I'm stuck too. I've tried re-copy/pasting the LS url, just in case that was causing the issues, and tried the force update a few times, but no such luck. Clicking on the "LS Community Profile" link does send me to the right place, so at least it looks like my config settings on ffxiah are in correctly anyway.

I just got my black belt this weekend ... I wanna show it off!
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2008-07-08 14:15:36

Agreed, I've clicked the link to update my profile, but nothing happens. 6 days since my profile has been updated.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-07-08 16:00:18  
Every time I've tried to click any of the last six posters' LS community profile links, the site tells me it's offline or busy.

The links exist in your ffxiah.com profiles. If you're curious why the site may not be updating your information, try to follow the link manually.

If it tells you "you are not logged in," then you haven't set your LS Comm Site profile to globally public to everyone. If it says the site is unavailable or busy, then there's very little we can do until SE gets their acts together.
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2008-07-08 16:41:28  
EDIT: Solved! It's a bug (sort of) somewhere between the parser and the LS Comm. Read on ...

I know I haven't adjusted my settings myself on the LS Comm site, and previously, updates came through ok. As far as I can tell, things are all still set to public. I am able to show my own community page using IE (normally use firefox) without logging in (see this picture I posted as proof of that, note the login status at top).

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj90/avoisin/profile.jpg

Further, I got to that profile page in the first place by using the "LS Community Profile" link on my ffxiah page. Admittedly, I did have to set the time zone first, but once i had that cookie it was ok.

EDIT: Upon looking at others in my shell, looks like other people in my shell are stuck the same way I am. It has to be something with the linkshell change (it's my main one now). We don't have a community set up for the new shell, so I can't switch to that to test it (yet) and I haven't been on the other shells I have in long enough. "Old" shell name was IIDarkLegionsII, new is just DarkLegions (without the II things).

To "fix" the update for now, I moved my lscomm link to the other shell the I have, that still is used. My updates now go through correctly.
 Ramuh.Fili
By Ramuh.Fili 2008-07-08 19:09:43  
looks like it's working again, i was able to get to my ls community page, then when i logged in here it updated at login
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-07-08 19:27:13  
That's awesome Mithano, thanks for poking around for us.

Another thing Scragg and I were talking about is that the LS Comm Site seems to have really horrific error reporting. If for some reason you attempt to hit a person's profile with a cookie session that's expired, or without the cookie you get from hitting the time zone page (and it only sometimes succeeds in redirecting you there when necessary), the site will actually tell you that it's "busy" or offline and to "try again later." Trying again later, of course, will not help in the slightest.

The other really huge issue that's common in people's profiles not updating is the two "public" settings on the LS Comm Site. One allows you to set your profile info to be public only to people who are logged in, while another lets you set it to be completely public to everyone. I've noticed a lot of times, when I try following someone's provided links to their profile, after they say "it isn't working and I've set everything to Public," I get greeted with a login request because they've accidentally selected the wrong option. Meaning, of course, the profile is invisible to our scraper.

Long story short: the data scraper is fragile. The LS Comm site is... not very reliable. Sadly, it seems we have to just keep whacking away at bugs whenever a discrepancy between the two arises, (which is nearly continuously), because it's become one of our most popular features on the site and our users want us to keep it.
 Hades.Evilpaul
By Hades.Evilpaul 2008-07-08 20:41:27  
This is how it is supposed to be, right? http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ffxicommsitezw2.jpg
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2008-07-08 20:57:37

Well I worked on my profile, I ended up just deleting the entire Community Page and restarting from scratch to see if that would fix it. I pasted the new link into FFXIAH, but now when I view my profile, the "Queue for Update" link is gone. Seems they took it down..

Guess I'll have to wait til tomorrow to see if anything I did worked.
 Ramuh.Montek
user: Montek
By Ramuh.Montek 2008-07-09 08:36:02  
I am not seeing any Queue for Update link either and am also having issues with my profile updating.
 Hades.Aksannyi
user: Aksannyi
By Hades.Aksannyi 2008-07-09 10:48:38  
The fact that I can't get my newest job levels adjusted is driving me nuts. I've tried doing what some of the other posts say, but I can't get it to update. :(
First Page 2