Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-01-20 16:29:32  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Thumbs up to Conagh and Kylos for setting up the Delve run(s). Much appreciated! And cheers to Chubs and Flaming for being stun-tastic.

We should do a Delve marathon soon. I'm guessing a few folks out there still need clears - probably Bee in particular. :o

NO MORE DELVE, if people need wins they an find someone else!

I still need a gazillion plasm, so I will take over :p You have served your time lol.

Haha, I understand that leading runs all the time could get fairly dull and repetitive, but things go so much more smoothly when there's solid organizing and direction at the helm.

I'm in the same boat as Kylos - I need a fair amount of plasm as well to wrap up the few remaining Delve pieces I'm interested in. Oh, and a little funny here.. after waiting a while on getting the Whirlpool Greaves as a drop, I decided to go ahead and spend the plasm to purchase them.

Then 3 pairs drop in our run yesterday. >_>
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-01-20 16:31:36  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
COR probably has the lowest skill requirement most of the time, just go /whm make sure you keep rolls up and haste a DD or 2. Now since you've been talking about bee, if you're asking a gimp COR to do decent Last Stands, then they might get shown up.

The problem with that is.. most people never want COR to DD... and you need quite a lot of extra gear to be able to DD properly on COR, so after doing delve as /whm dozens of times, and suddenly someone asks you to melee and weaponskill when you already put that idea to rest months ago... you're all like...

I end up shooting in mostly ranged accuracy gear nowadays
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-20 16:32:07  
Oh I know Avalon, the main reason I wanted the shark win for was for those feet, three of them drop and I was the only one who had it commented lol. It's like SE rewarded me for being persistent :)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-20 16:33:10  
ote | Reply | Report | Score: 0 +
I end up shooting in mostly ranged accuracy gear nowadays.

EDIT: Err borked quote is borked?

Yea, that's just another set of gears you need. Those ranged attacks help but not as much as focusing on your DDs getting paralyna/erase/viruna etc soon as they need it.

I think another problem for COR is a lack of merit weaponskills. If you are a full time COR, you will obviously have Last Stand, Req and Exenterator, but if COR isn't your main job, you have to choose. :(
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-01-20 16:41:23  
Always considered PLD my main but I seem to *** that up lately which is awesome, so by proxy I have requiescat.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-20 16:44:46  
Always considered PLD my main but I seem to *** that up lately which is awesome, so by proxy I have requiescat.

Yea my main is DRK.. so obviously Reso. I was using BST a lot so Ruinator on 5/5. Just brought THF back lately so got Exenterator to 5/5. I just wish SE let us have two more WS :(
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-01-20 21:16:07  
i have never seen a brd that terrible i tried to help em through /t but goddamn lol i can only do so much before suggesting that they hang themselves
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-01-21 05:20:08  
Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
*snip*

ok ^^ An angry troll obviously "breaded" you too.
 Carbuncle.Protectorchrono
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Protectorchrono 2014-01-21 06:04:04  
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
i have never seen a brd that terrible i tried to help em through /t but goddamn lol i can only do so much before suggesting that they hang themselves

I think that's a bit much. I'm not from Cerberus or anything nor was I there but to even think of suggesting someone to hang themself is going too far and shows real immaturity. Not trying to start trouble or anything with you especially since I don't know you but that could count as cyber bullying if you did say that and we don't need that over a online video game. If the bard wasn't performing to your parties standards or expectations then don't invite him or her to your parties anymore but even if you didn't say it even thinking something that terrible to say to someone is just plain disgusting and how anyone could +2 a post like that just shows how some people in this world think.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-01-21 06:28:52  
COR probably has the lowest skill requirement most of the time, just go /whm make sure you keep rolls up and haste a DD or 2. Now since you've been talking about bee, if you're asking a gimp COR to do decent Last Stands, then they might get shown up.

The problem with that is.. most people never want COR to DD... and you need quite a lot of extra gear to be able to DD properly on COR, so after doing delve as /whm dozens of times, and suddenly someone asks you to melee and weaponskill when you already put that idea to rest months ago... you're all like...

How? 90% of viable DD COR gear came from THF MNK BLU gears, basically if you have THF MNK BLU or any light armor job you can DD.

Lazy delve boss TP set:
ItemSet 318781
(earring can be suppa/brutal)
Pretty much the same thing as MNK THF BLU NIN DNC. Except gun which cost 7k sparks and 30 min of work.

Lazy WS set:
ItemSet 318782
Can be double stormsoul or double racc ring(100k each) depending.

Quite similar to TP set, only gear you need is rings which cost 100k~200k each and bayld pants you can get in less than 30 min of running. You may have body and TP bonus moonshade from light armor job too. You may have AGI earring from THF and neck from other DD jobs like MNK.

Only 3 extra gears needed: Gun,WS pants and AGI earring. You can even skip pants and earring if you want to be super lazy. Rings are probably the same as THF.

No matter how I see it it's not harder to gear than MNK and THF if you already have those jobs since you can recycle nearly every piece.
With MNK and THF geared it takes 1hr of spark/bayld and 200k for double racc rings. With the lazy set I post above it easily parse higher than 95% of MNK on bee if TP/WS fast enough and skill capped.

Most of the time when I see ppl saying their COR can't DD because it's not geared, it's more about they don't know they can use nearly exactly what they've been using on MNK and THF and still get the job done, but less about having the gear. I've seen ppl with OAT MNK leveled TP and WS full time in COR relic body, when they probably have their thaumas/mani body sitting in MH somewhere. Instead of telling ppl "I don't have the gear to get the job done", may be better to start digging MH for the gears, it's there.
[+]
By Spiraboo 2014-01-21 06:48:46  
Carbuncle.Protectorchrono said: »
I think that's a bit much. I'm not from Cerberus or anything nor was I there but to even think of suggesting someone to hang themself is going too far and shows real immaturity. Not trying to start trouble or anything with you especially since I don't know you but that could count as cyber bullying if you did say that and we don't need that over a online video game. If the bard wasn't performing to your parties standards or expectations then don't invite him or her to your parties anymore but even if you didn't say it even thinking something that terrible to say to someone is just plain disgusting and how anyone could +2 a post like that just shows how some people in this world think.

I'm pretty sure Anji didn't say that to him. Whilst I understand your concern I'm pretty sure he's merely expressing that he was at the point of giving up trying to help him to play better and was frustrated.

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Most of the time when I see ppl saying their COR can't DD because it's not geared, it's more about they don't know they can use nearly exactly what they've using on MNK and THF and still get the job done, but less about having the gear. I've seen ppl with OAT MNK leveled TP and WS full time in COR relic body, when they probably have their thaumas/mani body sitting in MH somewhere. Instead of telling ppl "I don't have the gear to get the job done", may be better to start digging MH for the gears, it's there.

I agree there's a lot they can do to improve their cor to do that without much effort. But I think most of the time it's the mentality. I'd dare say majority of the cors who goes to delve doesn't consider playing cor properly but it's merely a stepping stone to get clears /gear so they can play on their "proper" DD jobs :P It's too well known as the "leech" job and whilst I certainly agree they can put a lot more contribution to the fight, I don't have enough faith to ask them to do it and they probably become more of a liability by forgetting to roll and giving more burden to whms (who are often not very good at their job due to they are also leeching to get clears to get back onto DD)
 Cerberus.Midgitis
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2014-01-21 10:24:38  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
*snip*

My post got deleted for baiting trolls and you got hooked good and hard.

Should refer to the corsair thread if you need help figuring how to gear it.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-01-21 10:40:24  
As spira said i would not actually say that to someone even jokingly but i did tell em to retire from brd and level mnk
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-01-21 10:41:38  
*snip*

Yea I have a bad habit of feeding trolls, my bad. I'm sorry.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-21 12:28:27  
*snip*

Yea I have a bad habit of feeding trolls, my bad. I'm sorry.

Someone mention feeding trolls? I'm Hungry!

To be fair COR is essentially easy, Relic Hat (+2 I guess..) and Luzafs ring, and you're golden.

An MP set is always nice too ofc ~

DD sets are simple enough, I guess the issue would be capping skill.. oh wait lulz Eminence.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-01-21 19:38:34  
Don't get me wrong aside from gear he wasn't bad, just don;t point fingers at people who do they're ***properly.

He WAS bad as well as being badly geared; I complained multiple times before receiving marches, questioned their march+ value and after the first or second set of marches he then proceeded to overwrite both with ballad before more complaining ensued. All with no party chat from the bard.

Surprisingly (or not) still not the worst bard I've worked with since we did actually get marches, but lack of communication to even answer simple questions or acknowledge instructions ranks them lower in my opinion.
[+]
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-01-21 19:45:10  
I use this for cor/whm:

ItemSet 318820

ItemSet 318816

ItemSet 318823

ItemSet 318822

This for cor/dnc:

ItemSet 318817

ItemSet 318819

ItemSet 318821

ItemSet 318826

ItemSet 318820
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-25 17:33:42  
And Reiden brings finality to the Thread ~

I've had about 6 more requests since I did Shark to do another shark...

I might do one, can people who want it post their time zone and availability through the week and I'll organize something.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-01-25 17:52:56  
lol.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-01-25 17:58:47  
I'd be up for this, if you'd have me of course, during the week I'm on 6pm till about midnight GMT, have PLD and COR, although I'm probably hanging back from PLD until I've been able to get the hang of delve, had a couple bad experiences.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-25 18:13:05  
lol.

Who put 10pence in you Spira?

Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-25 18:14:41  
I think Afania misinterpreted what I meant by "extra gear".

When I initially levelled Corsair, using it as a DD was something I was really interested in, however, I never got to use it so much so the job got put on the backburner.

When delve came out and my DRK wasn't acceptable for delve, I geared Corsair and put in some time to actually learn the job (as it was Aby burned) so I geared for COR/WHM and for damage dealing. I could easily fill my inventory with the amount of gears I was using at the time.

After a while of doing delve on COR/WHM, I wanted to go on /dnc as I saw it on a youtube video, so I offered COR/DNC and was shot down instantly as the WHMs were not good enough for me to do that.

So I had all this equipment for COR damage dealing, but never actually using it for anything, so I thought... store it? Sell it?

I did that, carried on going as COR/WHM, doing the usual haste/erase/roll etc until I decided to take a break. After coming back from my break, my COR was stll very much in /whm mode, and I got asked to come COR/DNC which I definitely was not prepared to do.

If I was in an endgame linkshell that asked me in advance to prepare my COR for DD, I would have, but this was a pickup group, so I went COR/WHM and we almost won anyway, but someone screwed up the Mega Boss. Sorry for the essay, but if someone had asked me in advance to come on COR/DNC, I would have jumped all over that and be prepared for it. Also I would have had all my gear macros completely sorted out. You can't just pull a bunch of random gears out of MH and start TP/WSing without setting up some macros first.

ps; Thought this thread would have died by now. Conagh knows I will go DRK or COR anytime, just let me know :)
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-25 18:37:35  
You can't just pull a bunch of random gears out of MH and start TP/WSing without setting up some macros first.

ps; Thought this thread would have died by now. Conagh knows I will go DRK or COR anytime, just let me know :)

I can just pull gear out of my MH and make macros in a second and TP / WS DD pretty well >_>

Suckless !
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-26 04:55:54  
I wasn't going to run back from the foret delve entrance.. to pull gear out of my mules, storage slips, and from storage to make sure I had some gear to half heartedly dd and ws on a job I never got asked to come a DD on. Also I don't use standard macros, setting up .txt files and sorting out my gearcollector takes a while. I could understand if I was doing something too weak like.. Campaign? But I initially thought Infernal was joking about coming /dnc, and by the time I knew he wasn't everyone had already gathered at the entrance.

I was prepared to leave if he didn't want me on COR/WHM which is good enough for delve. It wasn't a matter of suck less or whatever, I just didn't want to have a full alliance waiting on me to sort out COR as a dd. Also I had no Last Stand, Exenterator or Req at that moment.. so what would I WS with? Slug Shot?

Also I did /tell you soon as he said it and asked if he was joking, but you didn't reply. I /tell him and he didn't reply. It wasn't til we was about to enter that people started screaming like little girls that both COR were on /whm. Since that time I have geared COR to damage deal, so for that extremely rare circumstance that I get asked again, I will be ready.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-01-26 08:07:03  

I was prepared to leave if he didn't want me on COR/WHM which is good enough for delve. It wasn't a matter of suck less or whatever, I just didn't want to have a full alliance waiting on me to sort out COR as a dd. Also I had no Last Stand, Exenterator or Req at that moment.. so what would I WS with? Slug Shot?

You're pretty much screwed if you don't have last stand/exen, lol. You'd have to use Slug shot/Evi. But that's not gear's fault, the gear is nearly identical as other light armor DD.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-01-26 09:42:28  
And Reiden brings finality to the Thread ~

I've had about 6 more requests since I did Shark to do another shark...

I might do one, can people who want it post their time zone and availability through the week and I'll organize something.

I'm interested in helping out again either on WHM, GEO or SCH (stun). I'm CST.

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-26 10:01:14  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

You're pretty much screwed if you don't have last stand/exen, lol. You'd have to use Slug shot/Evi. But that's not gear's fault, the gear is nearly identical as other light armor DD.

Exactly lol. I went on COR/WHM, got to the entrance, then got told to come COR/DNC. I was like.. you're joking right? And they made a joke about it. When I found out he was actually serious, I wasn't going to go back and change, not just because I would be wasting peoples time, but because I had no WS for COR at the time. I have brought my THF back out of retirement (I was only using DRK BST COR at that point) since then and 5/5 Exenterator, and COR uses very similar gear to it. Which is nice :)
 Cerberus.Drayco
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2014-01-26 10:35:22  
I need shark clear still, so let me know when you guys are going ^^
 Cerberus.Vedder
user: Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2014-01-26 10:52:56  
I've never been asked to go COR/DNC to Delve, but it would be fun to do so. I have the gear & WSes to contribute some damage.

Used to be that CORs had to swap parties, keep up a 4 roll rotation, plus Evokers and Haste/Erase/-Nas as necessary, so COR/WHM made sense. It's easier for COR to cruise through a Delve run now that much less is required of them. I'd welcome the chance to do more and sub something else.

On another note, I have a WHM alt that needs shark clear and would be interested in joining if Conagh pulls together another run. :D