Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 153 154 155
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-03-17 20:34:55  
Everything I've done is basically on stream if you want to check out the VODs, but if you're basing your numbers on a long running scoreboard parse I am instantly skeptical. If you keep SB running for more than 1 fight it becomes more about pop speed and engage speed than actual weapon DPS.

The only time I felt I could trust scoreboard's DPS accuracy was when I reset it for each fight and engaged/WS'd at exactly the same time every fight and only fought on the SAM. When doing this I saw a range of 8900K to 11300K DPS for R15 Masa and 9000 to 11400 for Shining One with only the SAM attacking.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-17 20:40:24  
Spaitin said: »
we used scoreboard and kparse. some of us kept it up the whole time. some of us reset on each one. 12 fights isnt ideal, but the difference was pretty large. about 800 dps. rolls were rostam crooked 11's on each fight with all weapons. 360 sounds great, but that is all i had time for. if you have done thousands, i would like to see what results you came up with. I have farmed 6+ aeonic KI worth of beads from neak. So however many that is. and probably around 100 neaks total with just shining one between war and sam. How were you able to do thousands on plearm already? my testing took me like 4 hours by itself. (including war). I assume you mean thousands with r15, which so have I, vs a few with polearm. You might be suffering from the low data pool as well.

What was the strategy for WSing with ShiningOne? Holding TP to 2000+?
By Spaitin 2019-03-17 20:41:06  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Everything I've done is basically on stream if you want to check out the VODs, but if you're basing your numbers on a long running scoreboard parse I am instantly skeptical. If you keep SB running for more than 1 fight it becomes more about pop speed and engage speed than actual weapon DPS.

The only time I felt I could trust scoreboard's DPS accuracy was when I reset it for each fight and engaged/WS'd at exactly the same time every fight and only fought on the SAM. When doing this I saw a range of 8900K to 11300K DPS for R15 Masa and 9000 to 11400 for Shining One with only the SAM attacking.
alright. you need to reread my post. said we did both long running and reset. 6 characters.... can do more than one parse.
By Spaitin 2019-03-17 20:42:11  
SimonSes said: »
we used scoreboard and kparse. some of us kept it up the whole time. some of us reset on each one. 12 fights isnt ideal, but the difference was pretty large. about 800 dps. rolls were rostam crooked 11's on each fight with all weapons. 360 sounds great, but that is all i had time for. if you have done thousands, i would like to see what results you came up with. I have farmed 6+ aeonic KI worth of beads from neak. So however many that is. and probably around 100 neaks total with just shining one between war and sam. How were you able to do thousands on plearm already? my testing took me like 4 hours by itself. (including war). I assume you mean thousands with r15, which so have I, vs a few with polearm. You might be suffering from the low data pool as well.

held to 2k. found that to be the sweet spot.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-03-17 22:40:09  
Taint said: »
Treizekordero said: »
I was just wondering if Relic bow and Namas Arrow still something worth using on SAM?

Only on gimic mobs like Legion or Delve.

It’s also baller SAM afk gear to have a rank15 Yoichi equipt while in town.

People probably making r15 yoichi for the crit hit +5% to rock with their shining one lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Visper
user: Visper
By Ragnarok.Visper 2019-03-17 23:20:56  
I have a quick question om Sam Nodowa +1. Is it worth augmenting and using over Fotia gorget?

I assume the +2 definitely is as that's what I see in gear sets, but didn't want to upgrade a +1 if it wasn't worth it.

Thanks in advance.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-18 00:15:50  
Shiva.Flowen said: »
Treizekordero said: »
I was just wondering if Relic bow and Namas Arrow still something worth using on SAM?

Only on gimic mobs like Legion or Delve.

It’s also baller SAM afk gear to have a rank15 Yoichi equipt while in town.

People probably making r15 yoichi for the crit hit +5% to rock with their shining one lol
This guy knows.
By SimonSes 2019-03-18 01:39:25  

held to 2k. found that to be the sweet spot.

What was your max and avg dps on each weapon then and what was avg ws Impulse damage?
By Foxfire 2019-03-18 16:53:22  
Ragnarok.Visper said: »
I have a quick question om Sam Nodowa +1. Is it worth augmenting and using over Fotia gorget?

I assume the +2 definitely is as that's what I see in gear sets, but didn't want to upgrade a +1 if it wasn't worth it.

Thanks in advance.
yes.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2019-03-19 15:16:17  
What augments should I put on my Smertrios's Mantle for M.Eva?
Better question can someone post all the different mantle I should be making? Want to make sure I am not missing one.
 Asura.Gotenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2019-03-20 00:53:55  
Is Ryuo Tekko +1 Path D best for Impulse Drive then?

Path D:
DEX+12
Accuracy +25
Double Attack +4%
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-20 06:39:51  
I'm just using regal Captain's gloves for the huge boost to str

*injecting my own useless anecdotal experience*

Shining One is a remarkably strong Polearm, for any who don't have [optimal] WS set for it (like myself). You won't be disappointed at all, especially if you lack a rema.

Tested it on Apex Bats between 1700-2500 TP and the damage was nothing short of amazing and consistent (27k-36k damage was the spread). I had (Sylvie)Frailty/Berserk and probably a Joachim song, and piercing bonus. Tested on Crabs as well and damage was around 17k~33k at times. Still a very good spear for just gicking around.

Konzen-Ittai >> Impulse Drive is Darkness for a useful opener skillchain for max damage.

Does anyone know of any multi-steps to use with Shining One's ID, or is it just spam 1750ish?
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-03-20 10:29:20  
Stardiver/Impulse-> Sonic Thrust-> Stardiver/Impulse

That should work
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-20 11:17:05  
EDIT: tried ID > sonic > ID, didn't work actually.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-03-20 11:54:11  
Stardiver > Sonic Thrust > Impulse Drive works.
[+]
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2019-03-21 01:10:30  
Can anyone post their Impulse Drive set? Or are people just using their standard fudo sets?
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-21 14:39:28  
For fudo, which would be better (with masa if that matters) Karieyh Ring + Regal ring or Niqmaddu Ring + regal ring?

Is there a point where str equates to wsd?
By Taint 2019-03-21 15:05:18  
4-5str = 1wsdmg

I use Karieyh+1 and epa for Fudo base set.

Karieyh+1 and regal for mid and max acc sets.

With NQ kari it’s probably a toss up depending on using the att in regal.

Maybe do niq/regal in base, Kari/regal in acc sets.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-03-21 15:31:15  
Asura.Crowned said: »
Can anyone post their Impulse Drive set? Or are people just using their standard fudo sets?

Wondering about this as well. Thanks!
By SimonSes 2019-03-21 18:20:44  

Niq has 10dex, that's a 2-3 acc difference between niq and kari. So looks like they are in the same acc tier imo :P
By Taint 2019-03-21 19:12:21  

Niq has 10dex, that's a 2-3 acc difference between niq and kari. So looks like they are in the same acc tier imo :P

Yeah probably too close to call. Kari gets extra damage on the single hit (+100acc) vs Niq QA that needs the QA proc to pull ahead, hits that don't get the bonus.

I'll probably move Niq to my mid set over regal.

Kari+1/Epa Base > Kari+1/Niq Mid > Kari+1/Regal High
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-21 20:20:09  

Yeah probably too close to call. Kari gets extra damage on the single hit (+100acc) vs Niq QA that needs the QA proc to pull ahead, hits that don't get the bonus.

Strictly for single hits like fudo. savage blade ect, would it be kari +1 / Regal ring over niq since QA doesnt matter on single hit ws's?
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-22 03:21:31  
The only situation you don't want a QA going off is if you messed up and auto attacked an enemy with dread spikes.

R15 Masa Fudo = 3.3 extra fTP

Shining One Impulse Drive = 4.2-8.4 extra fTP
By Taint 2019-03-22 05:38:45  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »

Strictly for single hits like fudo. savage blade ect, would it be kari +1 / Regal ring over niq since QA doesnt matter on single hit ws's?

It matters just one chance at a proc instead of two.
By SimonSes 2019-03-22 05:47:10  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »

Asura.Veikur said: »
The only situation you don't want a QA going off is if you messed up and auto attacked an enemy with dread spikes.

R15 Masa Fudo = 3.3 extra fTP

Shining One Impulse Drive = 4.2-8.4 extra fTP

There is a difference between not wanting QA to fire and to take a 3% QA over 4%WSD.

QA effectiveness varies a lot for WS damage.
Generally speaking it's less effective when:
- WS has huge fTP on first hit, like for example Savage Blade at 2500TP+ with WSD has 20+ fTP on main hit, making 3 fTP from QA less impactful
- You have not enough acc on additional hits. For example Fudo/Torcleaver sets can sometimes have problem with that
- WS is one hit, so only one chance to proc, but this rule is not always that simple. There are 1hit WSs that have rather low fTP on that hit and they are boosted with their own WS damage, like for example Catastrophe. QA proc on Catastrophe has only one chance to proc, but adds a lot of damage.
- You have AM3 on mythic active and/or lots of multihit in WS set already. QA will just have diminishing returns then.

I would say it can't be judged in general. It requires case by case analysis for each WS+job+set scenario.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-22 10:08:54  
Regal Ring doesnt have WSDMG, but go on.
By Foxfire 2019-03-22 10:17:27  
3QA vs 4WSD would mean he's talking about niqmaddu v. karieyh+1
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-03-22 19:40:14  
Kari/Epa:

Mean: 27248.6
StD: 6461.0
Min: 0
Max: 33181

Kari/Niqmaddu:

Mean: 27184.7
StD: 6406.7
Max: 40966

Regal/Niqmaddu:

Mean: 26750.8
StD: 6391.2
Max: 40818

All combinations are pretty close at capped ratio, obviously regal isn't benefiting here from it and Epa has negative store TP which could also be a problem. While QA procs are increasing you're average, they are considerably out of range of "normal." in the kari/niq example, you should expect between 20,778 to 33591.4

I would recommend regal/kari +1 if you have it over another SoA ring.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-22 20:48:59  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Kari/Epa:

Mean: 27248.6
StD: 6461.0
Max: 33181

Kari/Niqmaddu:

Mean: 27184.7
StD: 6406.7
Max: 40966

Regal/Niqmaddu:

Mean: 26750.8
StD: 6391.2
Max: 40818

All combinations are pretty close at capped ratio, obviously regal isn't benefiting here from it and Epa has negative store TP which could also be a problem. While QA procs are increasing you're average, they are considerably out of range of "normal." in the kari/niq example, you should expect between 20,778 to 33591.4

I would recommend regal/kari +1 if you have it over another SoA ring.

Ill be honest, I have no plans to make Kari into +1, so would it still be regal/kari? I have all 3 rings just trying to optimize for single hit ws's with what I have atm. If the gains are significant/noticable then I don't mind shelling out the gil for the Epa
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 153 154 155