Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Cladbolg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cladbolg
By Asura.Cladbolg 2019-05-12 00:54:49  
For real I’ve gotten nothing but junk from dark matter lol.
[+]
 Asura.Zulaern
user: Zulaern
By Asura.Zulaern 2019-05-15 15:07:24  
Can someone explain to me how Zanshin works? I used to play Samurai a long time ago (CoP/ToAU days) and I thought it only had a chance to be activated on missed melee attacks? I guess that's changed and it can activate on hits too? Does it act kind of like double attack? Does it have lessened TP gain? I read the Zanshin page on BG wiki but I'm not really getting it.

Edit - Never mind, it looks like the relevant info was on the Hasso page.
 Bahamut.Jarl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: kylericks
By Bahamut.Jarl 2019-05-18 22:21:25  
So I am working on getting Sam up to par and I have been using the gearsets in the bg wiki, and in ejin's item sets to gauge things.

I have run into a bit of confusion for TP sets, specifically Flamma Gambieras +2 vs Ryuo sune-ate +1.

As I look at it between acc, the set bonus, and STP Flamma would be superior to all paths of Ryuo +1. Yet the guide mentions +2 Flamma as an alternative but in a way that suggests its not ideal.

I am clearly missing something. Can the Sam hive brain point out what I am missing?
By Afania 2019-05-18 22:24:12  
Bahamut.Jarl said: »
So I am working on getting Sam up to par and I have been using the gearsets in the bg wiki, and in ejin's item sets to gauge things.

I have run into a bit of confusion for TP sets, specifically Flamma Gambieras +2 vs Ryuo sune-ate +1.

As I look at it between acc, the set bonus, and STP Flamma would be superior to all paths of Ryuo +1. Yet the guide mentions +2 Flamma as an alternative but in a way that suggests its not ideal.

I am clearly missing something. Can the Sam hive brain point out what I am missing?

Zanshin.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jarl
user: kylericks
By Bahamut.Jarl 2019-05-18 22:27:34  
Afania said: »
Bahamut.Jarl said: »

Zanshin.

Oh...well Eff. I keep forgetting about the Hasso Zanshin thing. So yeah path C would be ideal for that.

Thanks
[+]
By Rips 2019-05-22 01:42:50  
Nevermind
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-22 01:55:05  
....... who told you that and/or where did you see that.

I think you think mythic is not the mythic lol. Here;

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
As with everything, it's situational, but I'd rate SAM weapons like this:

Zerg/WS spam: R15 Masa =~ Shining One > R15 Doji > R0 Masa > R0 Doji >>>>> rest

Solo multi-step SC: R15 Doji > R15 Masa > R0 Doji > R0 Masa >>>>> Shining One

Even beyond that it's situational depending on what buffs you're getting and who else is WSing in your party, but I digress.

Pragmatically speaking, the best, easiest weapon to obtain right now for SAM is the Polearm. But you absolutely still want to get Masa and/or Doji to R15 if possible.
[+]
By Rips 2019-05-22 02:00:05  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
....... who told you that and/or where did you see that.

I think you think mythic is not the mythic lol. Here;

As with everything, it's situational, but I'd rate SAM weapons like this:

Zerg/WS spam: R15 Masa =~ Shining One > R15 Doji > R0 Masa > R0 Doji >>>>> rest

Solo multi-step SC: R15 Doji > R15 Masa > R0 Doji > R0 Masa >>>>> Shining One

Even beyond that it's situational depending on what buffs you're getting and who else is WSing in your party, but I digress.

Pragmatically speaking, the best, easiest weapon to obtain right now for SAM is the Polearm. But you absolutely still want to get Masa and/or Doji to R15 if possible.

God bless. I was misinformed.
By Delagyela 2019-05-25 23:33:37  
Can anyone help me find a hybrid set for Samurai? I dont want to use any valorous with dt augs.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2019-05-25 23:55:51  
Delagyela said: »
Can anyone help me find a hybrid set for Samurai? I dont want to use any valorous with dt augs.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Samurai_Guide#Survival_Sets

Or just Defending Ring, Tartarus Platemail, -DT augment on cape and a Lori Torque +1 already puts you at -31% DT, leaves a lot to play with.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-26 00:08:20  
I use this. thrown together with stuff I had laying around. -10 pdt on cape. puts you at 36PDT 18MDT(leaves all your main slots open for MA tp gear) can also swap Wakido Domaru +3 into body slot(lose some MA but gain stp) to put you at 44pdt 26mdt(capped with shell v)
ItemSet 366860
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2019-05-26 00:26:25  

ItemSet 366861

That's my personal hybrid set, has 38% pdt and 20% mdt. Also dubs as a meva set should you need, can swap in kendat body at the cost of 8 dt in favor of meva. This set also maintains a 4 hit (3 with sam roll) so your dps is still relatively high.

Edit: Back has dex 20, acc 30, 20 atk, stp 10 and pdt -10
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-26 01:41:00  
My set is pretty much Crowned's set, just swapping Dedition for Cessance and +1 instead of +2 nodowa.
By Taint 2019-05-26 06:03:00  
Here are mine (still need to clean the code up)
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-05-26 06:56:01  
Taint said: »

Ishvara Earring in a TP set? O_o Was it meant to be a Brutal and the same icon confuzzled?
[+]
By Taint 2019-05-26 07:09:29  
Asura.Elizabet said: »
Taint said: »

Ishvara Earring in a TP set? O_o Was it meant to be a Brutal and the same icon confuzzled?

Holy crap lol

I wonder how long that’s been in there!

Yes brutal.
 Bahamut.Neb
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2019-05-26 09:03:29  
I tried out the Shining One on Wave3 tonight and was very impressed:

Impulse was still making darkness with something so SC damage didn't totally suck like I thought it would.

I used SAM+THF rolls instead of SAM+WAR.

I went out of my way to let TP overflow to 2000~ which only took 1 or 2 attack rounds considering it's SAM, so while WS frequency probably suffered a bit, probably not by a massive amount.

Probably important to note the other DDs are RDM>COR>BRD with the COR and BRD being played by me too, so didn't get a direct comparison vs. a R15 REMA yet.

Update your sets lol I need info's
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-31 07:35:29  
How would orpheus sash hold up over other options for our hybrids?
By SimonSes 2019-05-31 08:10:50  
Asura.Meliorah said: »
How would orpheus sash hold up over other options for our hybrids?

Would probably very easily win with everything outside of Obi with double weather (assuming weather proc works for hybrid ws??)
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-06-06 05:12:14  
Lakshmi.Miltani said: »
What is the average damage for Fudo that I should be dealing with AM3? My Masamune is 119 but without augment. I'm like getting max 10k but averages out to 6-7k in day to day battle.

AM3 doesn't proc on weaponskills. Damage will also vary depending on buffs, mob, etc
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-06-06 09:50:07  
without any buffs and on omen normal mobs, what is the average damage for fudo should i expect? Cause i'm seeing others have over 20k damage.
Depends on your buffs, on debuffs and on your gear (and well, the enemy).

With proper buffs/debuffs you can expect your average to be 30k almost everywhere, or around that.

10k is what I do without any buff/debuff at 100TP on stuff with higher def than usual (wave 2 dyna D NMs for example). Otherwise, it's more toward 15-20k.
If 10k is "usual" for you in Omen, you probably have lower tier WS gear. You seem to focus too much on your weapon, you haven't said anything about your gear so I guess you have subpar stuff.
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-06 09:56:30  
without any buffs and on omen normal mobs, what is the average damage for fudo should i expect? Cause i'm seeing others have over 20k damage.

really depends on your gear, 20k I could see being an odd double attack if they're not getting any kind of debuff support (armor break/ageha/fullbreak, dia, frailty) 15-18k is what I average with R10 Doji and no debuffs, berserk or any attack buff songs/rolls.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-06-06 09:59:10  

Im sorry but why are you asking that?

You have Masamune and you have Fudo and you can go Omen. None will tell you better what avg you should expect, than simply checking it for yourself.

Running with no buffs at all is totally wrong way to play, so why would someone bother to go and test something like that and tell you numbers you already have, because you already checked it. Sorry for this rant but really I cant stand when people act totally illogical.

You literally asking people "Is my game broken? Should I expect different numbers than Im getting?"
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-06-06 12:24:17  
SimonSes said: »

Im sorry but why are you asking that?

You have Masamune and you have Fudo and you can go Omen. None will tell you better what avg you should expect, than simply checking it for yourself.

Running with no buffs at all is totally wrong way to play, so why would someone bother to go and test something like that and tell you numbers you already have, because you already checked it. Sorry for this rant but really I cant stand when people act totally illogical.

You literally asking people "Is my game broken? Should I expect different numbers than Im getting?"
Don't be that guy.
By SimonSes 2019-06-06 14:23:26  
Not sure what you mean, but I will just explain what I mean.

Even solo you can summon COR trust for chaos roll and KoH for insta DiaIII on everything. GEO trust too if decide to be in her Unity. There is no reason to play without buffs/debuffs.

Also what I called illogical is not to play without buffs, but to ask question of what to expect in very specific scenario, where person who asks the question is in that specific scenario and already have the most accurate answer for his/her own question.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-06-06 17:33:20  
The question IS stupid for many reasons but when answering someone try to see in which situation they may be.

- Omen is often twice a week for people which forces people to wait before retrying which is probably why he's asking (inb4: IF YOU DON'T DO IT THIS WAY/MY WAY, WHAT THE *** IS WRONG WITH YOU).
- He probably has garbage supports/multibox supports/people who simply aren't consistent and are stuck on supports and/or he's often in the fu party and doesn't get proper buffs (so trusts aren't relevant)
- He's obsessing over Masamune AG and hasn't mentioned any gear. This plus the fact that he has no clue how much he should be doing (suggesting very limited, if any, experience) means that he's either new to endgame or doesn't have a clue, which is why he's asking this question.

So if you come out of the woodwork expecting this guy to 1) actually have a clue and 2) already have thought about what you listed (which all make perfect sense but just not in his situation), you're just out of topic already.

He's talking as if 20k WSs are the "next level" or something, this remind me when I came back a year ago and people were dropping 30k Fudos in Omen, I was like "wtf I'm doing 7k and I'm like all out".

The normal question would have been to share his gear and ask what's the next step, or share their and his gear and ask if that's all that is separating them in damage. But well, some people just don't ask this question that way.
Ever played in the 75 era and joined a sky LS after being done with Salvave and ***? People would ask stuff like that every run.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Miltani
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Miltani
By Lakshmi.Miltani 2019-06-06 21:13:48  
First of all, apologies for all the short questions previously. Let me paraphrase my questions into this one post.
The context is that I am currently taking over my friend's SAM. Being a mage player all my 11 life,what I'm trying to achieve is not to be a leecher in day to day contents i.e omen (small light), apex, dyna D, ambu, geas fete etc.
I have been looking at youtube videos on the same content that I have been doing and have been wondering what am I doing wrong with my gear sets my WS output seemed to be so much lower compared to what is shown in the videos.
The question with regards to AM3 came because I asked my friend why my WSD has been low and he informed me that I must always open with AM3 once to have high WSD.

I understand that I have some gears missing from omen bosses but I am unable to clear them as my play group consist of only one other friend who is either a blu or pld. So basically it's my WHM, SAM (2b0x), PLD or BLU

I hope everyone will be able to provide me advice to make sure I'm a somewhat decent SAM.

Here is my WS set for Fudo.
ItemSet 367042

Valerous: WSD + 3%
Sam neck: R19
Smertrios: WSD: + 10%
 Bahamut.Neb
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2019-06-06 21:40:16  
First of all, apologies for all the short questions previously. Let me paraphrase my questions into this one post.
The context is that I am currently taking over my friend's SAM. Being a mage player all my 11 life,what I'm trying to achieve is not to be a leecher in day to day contents i.e omen (small light), apex, dyna D, ambu, geas fete etc.
I have been looking at youtube videos on the same content that I have been doing and have been wondering what am I doing wrong with my gear sets my WS output seemed to be so much lower compared to what is shown in the videos.
The question with regards to AM3 came because I asked my friend why my WSD has been low and he informed me that I must always open with AM3 once to have high WSD.

I understand that I have some gears missing from omen bosses but I am unable to clear them as my play group consist of only one other friend who is either a blu or pld. So basically it's my WHM, SAM (2b0x), PLD or BLU

I hope everyone will be able to provide me advice to make sure I'm a somewhat decent SAM.

Here is my WS set for Fudo.
ItemSet 367042

Valerous: WSD + 3%
Sam neck: R19
Smertrios: WSD: + 10%

To start I would get some Valorous Hands and Feet aim for STR WSD 3 at min and pray for better. You should be able to get that pretty easy and with Event starting next week should be hella easy and then try and +3 your legs and Body your gear isnt ideal but its 6-7k Fudo with no buffs for sure. Hope this helps.
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 153 154 155