Post AA/119 Sets

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Post AA/119 Sets
Post AA/119 Sets
By Ophannus 2014-06-14 01:58:18  
The 40% from gungnir might push geir ahead of camlanns, ill have to check though after the patch.
By Ophannus 2014-06-17 10:09:03  
So the OAT rate was tested with ilvl 115 weapons and they're 40% which is ridiculous.

You can get a 40% OAT on this and then a +30 att or +30 acc if you want as a secondary augment.

Just to put things in perspective for you, at 99 when Trial of Magian weapons were still hot, Chauvre-Souris was an OAT Polearm with a base damage of 110. A 99 REM Polearem was 151-159ish base damage, 40 base damage difference and even then Chauvre-Souris was second only to Ryuno and not particular far behind.

Now you can get OAT on a Polearm thats 239 base damage, only like 6 damage behind Ryuno. Definitely annihilates Gungnir, Rhongo, Upukirex and may even crush Ryuno considering how close in base damage it is and fulltime OAT. AM3 is 40% DA 20% TA, OAT weapons are permanently 40% OAT and proc on Jumps(but not WS). Will be interesting to see.
 Asura.Reichleiu
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-06-17 10:24:45  
Ophannus said: »
So the OAT rate was tested with ilvl 115 weapons and they're 40% which is ridiculous.

You can get a 40% OAT on this and then a +30 att or +30 acc if you want as a secondary augment.

Just to put things in perspective for you, at 99 when Trial of Magian weapons were still hot, Chauvre-Souris was an OAT Polearm with a base damage of 110. A 99 REM Polearem was 151-159ish base damage, 40 base damage difference and even then Chauvre-Souris was second only to Ryuno and not particular far behind.

Now you can get OAT on a Polearm thats 239 base damage, only like 6 damage behind Ryuno. Definitely annihilates Gungnir, Rhongo, Upukirex and may even crush Ryuno considering how close in base damage it is and fulltime OAT. AM3 is 40% DA 20% TA, OAT weapons are permanently 40% OAT and proc on Jumps(but not WS). Will be interesting to see.

Where did you see the testing for OAT? I haven't heard anything about it..

I seriously doubt its actually 40% considering how mild the other augments all are..
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2014-06-17 10:29:02  
It is.
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-06-17 10:38:06  
Once again, where is the link to the testing that was done? Just coming on here and saying testing was done and it is 40% means nothing.
By Anjou 2014-06-17 10:38:18  
Has anyone tested camlaan's? Is it worth getting?
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2014-06-17 10:43:52  
Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Once again, where is the link to the testing that was done? Just coming on here and saying testing was done and it is 40% means nothing.

Go use a WKR KI and check it yourself dipstick.
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-06-17 10:47:12  
Sylph.Traxus said: »

Oh, so you are saying there has not been any testing and everyone is just eyeballing it?

I'm at work, so I can't "Test" it.. but you guys shouldn't get on here and say crazy BS like "The new OAT is 40%" without evidence to back it up.

If it turns out to be, thats one thing, but until there is proof it is not 40%.
 Leviathan.Auuin
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Auuin 2014-06-17 11:19:25  
Total nooob question. "OAT rate?" I should know this...

Occasionally attack twice!!!!! right!
 Odin.Shaggnix
サーバ: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-06-17 11:33:45  
Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Sylph.Traxus said: »

Oh, so you are saying there has not been any testing and everyone is just eyeballing it?

I'm at work, so I can't "Test" it.. but you guys shouldn't get on here and say crazy BS like "The new OAT is 40%" without evidence to back it up.

If it turns out to be, thats one thing, but until there is proof it is not 40%.

Kensagaku;6140334 said:
I've only got a small sample so far (~200 swings and still testing) but so far I'm seeing closer to a 40% OAT rate. Out of 203 swings, 82 were OAT, 123 were not. This is with no form of multiattack either via trait or equipment on BLU/RDM. I'm going to do a longer test to be sure, but it's definitely a moderately high rate so far. 40% would certainly be nice.

Edit: And if it isn't obvious, it's hand-specific. Decent for offhands, I suppose.

From BG, small sample size etc etc, but its not 15% or something like that. 40% looking very likely if not yet proven.
 Asura.Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-06-17 11:53:53  
Odin.Shaggnix said: »
Kensagaku;6140334 said:
I've only got a small sample so far (~200 swings and still testing) but so far I'm seeing closer to a 40% OAT rate. Out of 203 swings, 82 were OAT, 123 were not. This is with no form of multiattack either via trait or equipment on BLU/RDM. I'm going to do a longer test to be sure, but it's definitely a moderately high rate so far. 40% would certainly be nice.

Edit: And if it isn't obvious, it's hand-specific. Decent for offhands, I suppose.

From BG, small sample size etc etc, but its not 15% or something like that. 40% looking very likely if not yet proven.

Thanks
By Ophannus 2014-06-17 15:59:59  
While I'm here, anyone have a xml for Ryunohige and maybe an autoexec? I know gearswap ftw but still in the process of writing it. Need a rule and autoexec rule to swap into a a different TP set when AM3 is up.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-06-17 19:20:40  
So as not to add another thread, has anyone tried relic ws(been at work all day and browsing forums with no word on how revamped mod/boost worked out). I understand it's not the most popular relic so if nothing I guess I'll just wait till I get home and smack some mobs around then.
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2014-06-17 21:58:43  
Sorry, but I never upgraded my Gungnir to 119, or I'd test it for you. Interested myself, I'd like to know if upgrading it would be worth the Plutons. Also really curious on the state of Camlann's, I don't have that unlocked and would like to know how that's performing.
By Anjou 2014-06-18 16:18:52  
bump for the state of Camlann's! Also is kuak the go to polearm now?
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-06-18 16:44:31  
Anjou said: »
bump for the state of Camlann's! Also is kuak the go to polearm now?
Well if you put the acc Augment on it that gives you the acc of a 117 polearm. And anything the extra 30 att can do
Big for you need the acc. So to test this make a acc setup (making up for the diff, keeping in mind of a att food to acc food swap) and ask yourself, does this acc and att work for the content you use your drg.
 Siren.Kentai
サーバ: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2014-06-18 17:18:45  
This update to the 115 weapons is insane! I haven't had a chance to log in since the update, but I just wanted to know what's required to get these augments besides possessing the 115 weapon?
By Ophannus 2014-06-18 17:20:03  
Geirsokogul doing a bit more than Camlann's(40% buff from Gungnir), Camlanns is nice at 100% at the very least for Self SC, averaging around 4.8kish. Stardiver and Camlanns are probably equal-ish in low buff situations but when buffed, Camlann's can't cut it really(doesn't even have TP:Damage scaling, just Ignores Defense) so it's potential is lacking compared to Fudo/Rudra Storm/Torcleaver. I'd say the best times to use Camlann's is if you're soloing and fighting 115-117 mobs. If you Dia II/Angon something, Stardiver will beat it, but low attack, Camlann is probably better(though chance to miss completely).

Ryuno users can Drakes>Camlann for light, and I think you can Camlann again for double light(since Camlann has Frag as an A property and Light as a B property), I'm like 70% sure I did this yesterday). I did Drakes>Camlann=Light>Camlann>Double Light. Unless a Trust NPC used a WS after that light SC and my Camlann made light off that, didn't bother to check.

For outdated content and old content, 115 bee polearm with OAT is probably DRG's best weapon, even better than Ryuno, but only if the content is a battle where you aren't sitting on 300% and the fight is over in a few minutes. Mythic takes a while to get 300% whereas with OAT, you have 40% chance to attack twice from the get go. For the other 99.8% of us without Ryunohige, 115 OAT polearm is the best polearm for content under 115. If the fight is over in like 2 min, OAT polearm is probably better for old stuff/weaker solo. If you're chaining weak mobs (113ish and below), where ACC/ATK isn't an issue, like for capacity points or merits, OAT will probably be better since you can just Stardiver every mob instead of holding TP for 1-2 mobs to get 300% for AM3 with mythic. Not sure if 115polearm would work in Delve1, it may since its only 50ish atk/acc behind, and players have gotten more acc/atk from delve2 gear to maybe offset that perhaps. With sushi, should definitely be able to rock OAT polearm in Delve 1.

It's at least a superb tool for outdated content or quick fights with few buffs where acc/atk won't be an issue(soloing/merits/pre ilvl content like Legion/Salvage/Nyzul/Abyssea/Einherjar/VW).

For 115 OAT users, consider slapping 15acc augment on it if doing slightly higher level content like Delve1(dont bring it to anything harder than delve 1 like AAs/Delve 2 etc) or if using it solely to solo old content like Nyzul or Salvage, slap a 5STP on it and then you can maybe afford to TP in a Cetl Belt or drop STP elsewhere for a more damaging piece.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-06-18 17:35:53  
Not really belonging on this thread but can you do the pick-on quest from that mithra in the library multiple times so I can get this previously ***polearm?
 Siren.Dokuu
user: Dokuu1234
By Siren.Dokuu 2014-06-18 17:41:51  
"Mythic takes a while to get 300%"

It really does not take awhile to get 300%, ryu aftermath is one of the easiest if not the easiest aftermaths to maintain.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-18 17:43:00  
Don't feed the Ophannus
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-18 17:45:42  
Siren.Dokuu said: »
"Mythic takes a while to get 300%"

It really does not take awhile to get 300%, ryu aftermath is one of the easiest if not the easiest aftermaths to maintain.
It's almost as bad as sam! Really tough man.
By Anjou 2014-06-18 17:49:04  
so Camlaan's is a let down :( How about drakesbane? Was there any noticeable difference after the update?
By Ophannus 2014-06-18 17:49:18  
Starting from 0% TP without buffs, solo, it actually takes a while to get 300%. Assuming a 5 hit with 20 TP per swing: Start fight, Spirit Jump gives 40~TP, Soul Jump gets 60%~. Now with 26% haste and /RDM's Haste it's about 5 seconds between swings. so about 50 seconds to get the remaining 200%. That's 50 seconds of no weapon skilling. If it's a short fight that lasts less than 2 minutes you might have killed it in 3 stardivers, especially if it was a weak mob like a BCNM fight or some random trigger NM like Behemoth or mission/quest NM. it might be over before you even get 300% which then wouldn't OAT shine over mythic in short fights with no pre TP?

And assuming you are using ryuno and have AM3 up and are chaining weak mobs for exp, the last 30-60 seconds of your AM3(depending on if your jumps proc AM3 or not) you aren't weapon skilling at all to save TP. In that time you could have been one shotting or near one shotting those mobs with 100% stardivers. If you have a full time 40% hit rate on a weapon with only a few base damage less than Ryuno, I can see it being more convenient to just use TP at 100% whenever it's up than every 3minutes halting all weapon skills for about 30-50 seconds to get 300% back up.

And if you are saving your Jumps for quick TP gain before AM3 wears off, then that's TP/damage you aren't dealing, and if you had OAT you'd be using Jumps as soon as they're up.
 Siren.Dokuu
user: Dokuu1234
By Siren.Dokuu 2014-06-18 17:51:20  
Oh I guess you are speaking from experience? You should update your page since it does not list a ryu. But really it is very easy to maintain aftermath with ryu unless you are brain dead.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-18 17:51:53  
what are you on about? Ryunohige has the most advantage getting to 300TP out of any weapon in the bloody game after activating AM3 and has very little trouble reaching it from 0.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-18 17:53:49  
Siren.Dokuu said: »
brain dead
By Ophannus 2014-06-18 17:54:28  
Quote:
what are you on about? Ryunohige has the most advantage getting to 300TP out of any weapon in the bloody game after activating AM3 and has very little trouble reaching it from 0.

I said BEFORE AM3 is up. Even with Jumps, before AM it takes a good 40-50ish seconds to get 300% unless you get lucky on multihits/DA.
 Siren.Kentai
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2014-06-18 17:59:24  
The Shared Augments, do they require something special? I still have yet to log in since I'm still at work. I just wanna hit the ground running.

By shared I mean the OAT augment of course :)
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-06-18 18:02:28  
Ophannus said: »
Quote:

I said BEFORE AM3 is up. Even with Jumps, before AM it takes a good 40-50ish seconds to get 300% unless you get lucky on multihits/DA.
Not much luck really if you have a build pre-AM3 set... To say its better is crazy, but its a nice stop-gap. Lets be real only Koga has got that issue of being outshined, given that nothing is really shiny about war and drk.