フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Gungnir fixed
Gungnir fixed
 Sylph.Feary
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-02-17 13:26:48  
Quote:
The following weapons with the "Additional effect: Weakens defense" attribute will not trigger this effect when the autoattack target is under the effect of the dragoon ability "Angon".

Relic owners rejoice.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-02-17 13:28:19  
And then break out your Ryunohiges if you actually want to do damage!
[+]
 Asura.Originalkord
サーバ: Asura
user: rocs42
By Asura.Originalkord 2014-02-17 17:32:59  
I'm more excited at the new gear that will baffle and confuse us for the next 6 months as we spend hours looking over DPS spreadsheets for a job without a nice AH Gear FAQ.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
サーバ: Fenrir
user: mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2014-02-19 11:21:04  
we still are loldrg. we cant even make a faq
[+]
 Asura.Originalkord
By Asura.Originalkord 2014-02-19 16:47:25  
Fenrir.Mewgoat said: »

Maybe we can outsource it to our wyverns...? Although, I'm sure years of bashing their faces in to mobs has left them a little slow...
[+]
 Bismarck.Osaia
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2014-02-19 16:58:21  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
And then break out your Ryunohiges if you actually want to do damage!

That made me sad, yet so true. Still gonna 119 it, but afterwards, its mythic time.
By Ophannus 2014-02-20 10:35:32  
Would have preferred letting Angon and Gungnir stack. It would have made DRG a lot cooler. It would be nice if they changed Angon to be a special debuff and not 'Defense Down' to allow this to occur. They can differentiate Angon's debuff from 'Defense Down' by letting it also have -critical defense(letting crits deal more damage), so say 25%Defense Down/25% Critical Defense Down, or something to that effect.

Which reminds me, there is only one instance of 2 debuffs with the exact same property. Accuracy Down and Blind. I can't think of any two other debuffs, which stack, that have the exact same effect/property. Perhaps 'Accuracy Down' only applies to melee accuracy, and Blind affects both Ranged Accuracy and Melee Accuracy? I wonder.

-edit- nvm I guess you could say Requiem/Poison and Elegy/Slow are the same but tbh they're songs. Acc Down and Blind are magic effects, so meh.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-20 11:37:44  
Angon is already extremely overpowered, it's not getting extra crit def-.

As is, gungnir will potentially outdamage ryuno in the rare cases you end up in an ally without capped pdif, a second angon, or a blu/acid bolt to apply def down.

I think that's as much as you can ask, a lot of relics are worse than Gungnir atm.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2014-02-20 11:41:11  
Fenrir.Mewgoat said: »

i'm getting mixed signals here....
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2014-02-20 11:49:09  
Ophannus said: »
Would have preferred letting Angon and Gungnir stack. It would have made DRG a lot cooler. It would be nice if they changed Angon to be a special debuff and not 'Defense Down' to allow this to occur. They can differentiate Angon's debuff from 'Defense Down' by letting it also have -critical defense(letting crits deal more damage), so say 25%Defense Down/25% Critical Defense Down, or something to that effect.

Which reminds me, there is only one instance of 2 debuffs with the exact same property. Accuracy Down and Blind. I can't think of any two other debuffs, which stack, that have the exact same effect/property. Perhaps 'Accuracy Down' only applies to melee accuracy, and Blind affects both Ranged Accuracy and Melee Accuracy? I wonder.

-edit- nvm I guess you could say Requiem/Poison and Elegy/Slow are the same but tbh they're songs. Acc Down and Blind are magic effects, so meh.

Defense down/ dia ?
By Ophannus 2014-02-20 11:51:35  
Dia has DoT. To elaborate further I mean there arent any 2 debuffs that have the exact same attributes. Both Blind and Accuracy Down inflict the exact same thing as far as we know.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-02-20 12:45:40  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

As is, gungnir will potentially outdamage ryuno in the rare cases you end up in an ally without capped pdif, a second angon, or a blu/acid bolt to apply def down.
This particular thought hadn't occurred to me before. So I ran a quick and simple spreadsheet comparison.

Set the def- for ryu to -10%, and the def for gungnir to -27%. Also tweaked gear for gungnir and set ws to stardiver. Checked to make sure ratio wasn't capped, as that would waste some of the def-.

Gungnir:763 dps
Ryunohige:994 dps

23.3% gap favoring Ryu. But a much smaller gap than I'm used to seeing in Ryu vs Gungnir comparisons.

But, this only applies half the time. As the other half angon should be up, and Gungnir won't have ant atk advantage.

So, for ryu, I took the dps for angon up and not and averaged them. For gungnir I did add effect up and angon up and averaged.

Gungnir:806 dps
Ryunohige:1119 dps

28% gap favoring Ryu.

So no, Gungnir won't outparse Ryu.

Buuut.. after checking all this, it occurred to me that you might have meant the alliances DPS, not just the DRG's. But I'm not even going to try to figure that one out. I'll only say that it is possible that could be the case. Although, most other popular DD have native atk buffs that make it less likely that the def- is even needed.
 Asura.Originalkord
By Asura.Originalkord 2014-02-20 12:50:19  
How long until your DRG guide is finished Martel?!?! :D