Starting A Tizona

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Starting a Tizona
Starting a Tizona
By Xshot1 2014-02-22 17:30:23  
More so for the accomplishment of finally getting one then the argument of if its worth having or not I wanted to come back to the game after a few months break and solely work on Tizona. Now I realize it could take a year, or less, I honestly would like to know now after this time how long it would take and if there are any guides that are still useful after all this time in starting/completing a Mythic. More so why im asking now is if there are more useful ways of going about the whole process, can we bring Trust magic into Salvage? Einherjar is soloable now I imagine? Are Alexandrites available... etc. Any "current" info about going about this long accomplishment would be appreciated by my fellow BLUs. Happy trails~
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-02-22 17:34:27  
Einherjar is soloable, but if you don't finish the entire wing within 10 minutes, you'll time out and won't get full ichor. If you don't want to time out, you need 6 people. I highly recommend reading/liking this.

Not sure about trust in salvage? Some zones are soloable by a passable Mnk/Dnc (not sure about other jobs, sorry). You can zoom through a zone just getting unlocks and killing bosses, and get a linen pouch( or rarely two) in 15~ minutes.

Alex has become a lot more abundant on Odin at least since the removal of the 3 person requirement for Salvage, sitting at 9k opposed to the 18-20k people were paying late last year.

Nyzul is do-able with 3. I did it with myself, a dual box lamp mule, and a mnk, and was able to get 5-10k a run depending on lameness of floors.

A lot of the assaults are easy and soloable, some you're going to need a few helpers for. Read before you go in and use your best judgement.

ZNMs are stupidly easy now, shouldn't have any problems there.

If you don't have the beastmen kills, I'd work on those asap. Can take weeks to get. If you still need these, I recommend working on Nyzul in the meantime until you can start assaults.

My boyfriend and I (with a caster mule) were able to dual pretty much everything required, with the exception of having to shout for people for ein, and needing some extras for PW.

Ilvl gear makes all the requirements pretty easy, and as long as you have some sort of steady gil income coming in (or lots saved up) it shouldn't take longer than 2-2.5 months depending how many tokens you need and if you're done with the initial requirements. Good luck :3
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-02-22 17:39:54  
Tizona is a great weapon now, have fun!
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-02-22 18:01:35  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Tizona is a great weapon now, have fun!

get a Tizona, you will not regret it.
By Xshot1 2014-02-22 18:09:02  
Thank you for the quick replies, i'm absolutely excited to start, I know I already have Nyzul points done from spamming that event back in the day, as well as the majority of most Assaults. I will mainly need Einherjar points and of course Alexandrite income... I have a BLU very well geared with Buramenk'ah R15 OH, and great gear pre-skirmish augment, although for soloing this content I have a well geared PUP. Im going to do my homework for the next few days and lay the tracks to start something I have wanted for too long.
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-02-22 18:12:15  
In case you aren't aware - you need to get Captain rank (assuming you don't already have it) and then redo every single assault.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2014-02-22 18:33:13  
Don't bother with the titles until they fix the beastkings.

Been waiting over 3 days so far without a single sight from gulool.
 Asura.Originalkord
user: rocs42
By Asura.Originalkord 2014-02-22 18:36:12  
If you don't have the beastmen kills, they should be your priority. Not sure if you have an alt that can camp while you do other things, but it is very worth your time to get them out of the way.

Asura usually has a few people camping from various time zones. Even if you don't have an alt, you should strongly consider being a team player and camp in shifts. When I was doing one of them I was lucky enough to be camping alongside a group of JP and EU players. We partied up, I camped when I was awake, they camped when I was asleep. They got one kill for me overnight, met up with them the next day, got them a kill while they were away. It's boring and tedious, but if you don't have an alt to watch the zone for you while you're multi-tasking you're gonna kick yourself if you procrastinate on the king kills.

EDIT: As for this "fix" people are talking about...I don't necessarily know if they're broke. The mechanics of them are just pretty awkward. Gotta get the right timing for Besieged and hope it doesn't die there. So I think the appropriate hope would be for a change more than a fix, and I don't know if that is even on their radar.
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2014-02-22 18:45:44  
Asura.Originalkord said: »
EDIT: As for this "fix" people are talking about...I don't necessarily know if they're broke. The mechanics of them are just pretty awkward. Gotta get the right timing for Besieged and hope it doesn't die there. So I think the appropriate hope would be for a change more than a fix, and I don't know if that is even on their radar.
Medusa was broken for a while. I saw someone post recently that they got the kill, so I think she's fixed now.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-02-22 19:07:18  
SE hasn't released any news with intentions of "fixing" beastmen kings. 3 days is nothing, they can take weeks to pop. They're lame, and it's a huge awful waste of time if you don't have a mule to camp for you, but if you want a mythic you're gonna have to suck it up and camp them :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2014-02-22 19:10:23  
To make things worse, people will beeline straight for them in Beseiged if they appear and will try their hardest to kill the kings even if you sit there and beg for them to not kill.
[+]
 Asura.Dammit
By Asura.Dammit 2014-02-24 09:48:06  
I have a Tizona, and I regret it...
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-02-24 09:55:06  
just gonna say that 30,000 alexandrite doesn't really seem like a lot, but jesus christ but after you do savage non-stop for about a month and you realize that you're @10% *or less* it'll sink in.

do yourself a favor, if you're seriously considering a mythic have AT LEAST 100 million gil and buy any and all alexandrite you see. Trust me, NOTHING ELSE comes close to sanity destroying as the Alexandrite.

Also, don't plan on Soloing Salvage and getting full yield. The HQ Bosses don't *** around.

Also, no trust magic in Salvage

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-02-24 10:23:12  
pld, blu, pup, smn, bst, and almost any well geared dd/dnc can solo
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-02-24 14:19:56  
Can they? Yes, but you're still at the mercy to RNG with Soloing, it's not going to be a cake walk all the time.

it'd be best if you could dual box with a mage for some 'Oh Sh--' insurance
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-02-24 14:29:47  
Asura.Dammit said: »
I have a Tizona, and I regret it...

Why? It's an amazing weapon.
[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
サーバ: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2014-02-24 15:20:01  
Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox said: »

Have fun 3 days is nothing camping him lol
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-02-24 16:53:36  
Xshot1 said: »
More so for the accomplishment of finally getting one then the argument of if its worth having or not I wanted to come back to the game after a few months break and solely work on Tizona. Now I realize it could take a year, or less, I honestly would like to know now after this time how long it would take and if there are any guides that are still useful after all this time in starting/completing a Mythic. More so why im asking now is if there are more useful ways of going about the whole process, can we bring Trust magic into Salvage? Einherjar is soloable now I imagine? Are Alexandrites available... etc. Any "current" info about going about this long accomplishment would be appreciated by my fellow BLUs. Happy trails~

Don't farm all the alexandrite yourself, things like dynamis/skc/bcnm/aa/delve/crafting should be part of your routine to make gil to safeguard yourself from burnout.

For my 2nd mythic I farmed salvage everyday (+dyna for gil to get more alex faster) for 4 months and I was utterly exhausted and tired of farming by the time I got 30k alex.

Pace yourself, be sure to find other enjoyable things to do while you chip away at a mythic. My first one took a bit over a year and I was more casual about getting that one done.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-24 17:44:40  
People in my shell've killed/seen all beast kings pop 2-3 times in the last 2 months, with noone waiting more than a week.

Back when I did them, I had a gulool take over a month.

Don't suppose anyone knows it's fixed, but it seems to have been. It's still shitty as hell, though.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-02-24 18:18:08  
Shiva.Gib said: »
Can they? Yes, but you're still at the mercy to RNG with Soloing, it's not going to be a cake walk all the time.

it'd be best if you could dual box with a mage for some 'Oh Sh--' insurance

I've been doing AR2 for about 3 weeks as DNC/WHM as have pretty much been in 0 danger of dying, even if a Fulmination managed to get off.
Hell, the Khimaira are lucky to get more than 2 TP moves off in the time it takes to kill them.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-02-24 18:19:42  
Yeah, I just go THF/DNC for max Alex output and still do perfectly fine.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2014-02-25 02:55:26  
Fenrir.Acey said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox said: »

Have fun 3 days is nothing camping him lol
I'd been happy if it was just 3 days. Started camping him the moment servers went back up once emergency maintenance ended on Wednesday and still waiting.

134 hours and counting. Medusa and Gurfurlur have popped twice in the meantime.
 Asura.Thebatman
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Thebatman 2014-02-25 03:58:38  
For the total time for the mythic from 0 across the board it would take:
Assault - 100 days
Nyzul Isle - 150k tokens (lets just say 7k a run about) so that's 22 days or so
ZNM, Odin, Salvage bosses, ToAU missions for captain - 0 days to total since you can do at same time as assault
Kings - Times vary greatly (took me a week and 1/2)
alexandrite - depends on your gil flow

=
122 days + King Time from 0 assaults -> mythic if you do everything else at the same time and have the gil to buy the alex you don't farm.

72 days if you have captain and start your log books + king time and you can do everything else at the same time and have the gil to buy the alex you don't farm.

It's going to vary but probably 2-5 months to do it depending on your circumstance if gil is no problem for you.