My Chacter Is Added By Another User?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » My chacter is added by another user?
My chacter is added by another user?
First Page 2
By Layowen 2014-02-22 21:15:47  
So i'm trying to /gw flush -add but I get the message "Layowen is already added by another user" wth??? I can't update my gear or anything but "Layowen is verified under my account Help me out please!
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-02-22 21:31:08  
Layowen said: »
So i'm trying to /gw flush -add but I get the message "Layowen is already added by another user" wth??? I can't update my gear or anything but "Layowen is verified under my account Help me out please!
Is this your character/account? If so, it appears it's still there and just needs to be /flushed rather than readded.
By Layowen 2014-02-22 21:32:41  
Yes this is mine but when type /gw flush -add Layowen it says its added by another account and when I just /gw flush nothing happens...
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-02-22 21:46:01  
Layowen said: »
Yes this is mine but when type /gw flush -add Layowen it says its added by another account and when I just /gw flush nothing happens...
If you're getting no "Flushing" message from the command I would see if there's some settings for the character on your guildwork since the character is still there under your account. Mine began updating again straight away when I switched back to Shiva from Cerb so I'm not certain why it wouldn't be working for you.
By Layowen 2014-02-22 23:22:26  
Yes I get the "Add this character to Guildwork by using "/gw flush --add" but it says its already added...
 Cerberus.Halticus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-02-22 23:29:57  
I went into guildwork since i had the same issue, deleted my character there, then /gw flush ingame and havent had any problems since.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Layowen
user: Layowen
By Shiva.Layowen 2014-02-23 08:58:08  
I unlinked it from my GW account, re-linked it and still getting the same message "Layowen is added by another user" I dunno.... probably need real gw tech to check out which its saying its linked to.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1421 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Sukoshi
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Vishnuff
By Bahamut.Sukoshi 2018-01-14 06:33:15  
Shiva.Layowen said: »
I unlinked it from my GW account, re-linked it and still getting the same message "Layowen is added by another user" I dunno.... probably need real gw tech to check out which its saying its linked to.

Did u fix it? cuz i have same problem .."Sukoshi is already added by another user"
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-01-14 09:23:08  
It's possible the name was previously taken by someone else who played under the name before you made your character or transferred.

This could be the case with Sukoshi but I don't see another instance of Layowen in our DB.
 Bahamut.Sukoshi
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Vishnuff
By Bahamut.Sukoshi 2018-01-14 10:18:26  
anyway to fixit ? its my first and only char from 2005
By Boshi 2018-01-14 10:57:46  
When windower is open try like Xing out of it or like cntrl+alt+del force quitting ffxi while it's runnign then reload.

I don't know why but whenever I have the gw flush issue this makes it work for me
By ritsukka 2018-01-15 19:20:13  
what was your char name before ?
 Asura.Seizan
サーバ: Asura
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2018-01-15 20:03:01  
That necro.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1318 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-08-25 10:27:31  
Hello necro:

Some friends tell me they have Guildwork functioning with out issue and I can see their character data updated.

After not playing for many years I have come back and changed servers from Fenrir to Asura. My character is Otomis and I do not believe any other characters name Otomis exist, not that I can find.

I am able to login to Guildwork with no issue; however, when I attempt to add/flush character I am getting the above mentioned status, "Otomis is added by another user".

I fully deleted my old Otomis character from Guildwork in an attempt to reconnect it.

I also tried the force disconnect a few times. and Direct 9/11 trick.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
By Jetackuu 2021-08-25 11:12:03  
Gonna need to talk to Rooks. Likely after the plugin is fixed/replaced.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
By Felgarr 2021-09-29 19:21:19  
I suddenly have this problem too. :(
By Felgarr 2021-09-29 20:43:15  
I deleted my character in Guildwork because "/gw flush" said "Felgar is added by another user"

So, I login to Windower, and on my character type "/gw flush --add" and wait a few minutes, I see my character in Guildwork again. Therefore, this is how you proceed from this error message in this thread.

Unfortunately, the server IDs have since changed with the current version of Guildwork.dll and Guildwork.exe, so ...my character on Asura is linked to Unicorn, in inactive server: https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Unicorn/Felgar/

(This has nothing to do with server transfers, just inconsistent updates from Game -> GW and GW-> FFXIAH).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
By Shiva.Demibarewolfe 2021-11-23 07:00:51  
Bump:

I’m having the same issue, however I know how to fix it but fixing it is probably impossible. My ffxi character is on a separate guildworks account from my main one. (Probably set up during the linkshell community days). And since I can’t access it to delete the old account/character info, I can’t get it to update.
By llAKs0nll 2021-11-23 10:55:00  
I clicked on my old Account Guildwork which I totally forgot was that which allowed ourselves to share our Account current Gear setups here on AH. Only to find some random name of a total stranger. All this time I assumed it was FFXIAH having issues itself but now I also recall receiving notices of “Massive Security Breach : Change your Password” and now I’m thinking that was the issue all along. FFXI was only game I ever played where literal Thieves attempted to Hack accounts to steal from other players. My brother-in-law literally lost access to his 11 account due to such & never regained access so moved onto FFXIV cuz SE said his DoB was wrong. I even had my own account stolen. Maybe such was via Guildwork itself? Idk but what I do know is that some strangers name is linked to my Account here on AH when I click GW link on my Profile.
 Asura.Nilats
user: Kaisr
By Asura.Nilats 2021-11-23 11:07:28  
There are like 4 threads on this issue. The game broke the GW plugin a few months back, its in process of being fixed. Shouts and Bazaar tracking work right now but everything else is still in progress as far as has been communicated.
By llAKs0nll 2021-11-23 12:23:05  
Asura.Nilats said: »
There are like 4 threads on this issue. The game broke the GW plugin a few months back, its in process of being fixed. Shouts and Bazaar tracking work right now but everything else is still in progress as far as has been communicated.
This Topic from 2014. Such has been an ongoing Main Event for almost a Decade.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-11-23 12:29:48  
llAKs0nll said: »

This thread was dead, for 3.6yr until it got necroed, and before that it was 3.8yrs this thread spent more time dead than alive in the last decade.
By llAKs0nll 2021-11-23 13:16:13  
Fenrir.Niflheim said: »

This thread was dead, for 3.6yr until it got necroed, and before that it was 3.8yrs this thread spent more time dead than alive in the last decade.
I know. Such instances keep occurring. I was merely pointing out such as being ongoing issue rather than just another Thread due to the immediate issue itself.

Why does my Main Account show on GW to be Registered to Jacob Arnold is what I want to know tbh? Was GW the location were Account Passwords were breached? Idk. I just know my name is not Jacob Arnold.

Here is my Main Account. You can click on GW and see Jacob Arnold joined GW 10 months ago. Meanwhile I been playing FFXI since 2002.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-11-23 13:41:04  
Seems too be a misunderstanding here. Jacob Arnold doens't play any characters, just has an actual gw account name of Akson so it comes up in the search

just to show further here is an example of when you search my name,

note the "tesahade11" that was the name my account was made with, I later changed the display name but guildwork still know me to be "tesahade11"

The Character Akson on siren is played by the user Akson, which is not Jacob Arnold

By llAKs0nll 2021-11-23 14:04:29  
The actual Problem is that Jacob Arnold has claimed access to my GW Profile which is directly connected to my Account.

That’s my Main Character

That’s NOT my Guildwork name nor Account yet it’s LINKED to my Account.

That’s NOT some random Jacob Arnold via Search. It’s some Jacob Arnold LINKED to my Account which shouldn’t be LINKED to my Account.

Is that NOT why my Gear hasn’t Updated since I returned back to game?
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-11-23 14:07:48  
The actual Problem is that Jacob Arnold has claimed access to my GW Profile which is directly connected to my Account.

That’s my Main Character

That’s NOT my Guild Worker name yet it’s LINKED to my Account.

That’s NOT some random Jacob Arnold via Search. It’s some Jacob Arnold LINKED to my Account which shouldn’t be LINKED to my Account.

No the user who has "stolen" your character is 19rja78, Jacob Arnold is a random person who happens to have your same online handle.
By llAKs0nll 2021-11-23 14:10:03  

That’s my Main Character

No the user who has "stolen" your character is 19rja78, Jacob Arnold is a random person who happens to have your same online handle.

No. I have my Character. I am playing atm. Nobody stole my Character.

There’s a GW link to Arnold Jacob attached to my Account.
That’s the only Issue I see

Why is Jacob Arnold shown linked to my Account via clicking on GW on my AH Profile?

That’s not a random /search
By llAKs0nll 2021-11-23 14:19:31  

That’s my Main Character

I click onto your Profile then your GW link and I see NIFIM which matches your Profile Pic here

That’s obvious YOU so I’m not imagining some suspicious activity taking place here…..
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-11-23 14:20:53  

No. I have my Character. I am playing atm. Nobody stole my Character.

There’s a GW link to Arnold Jacob attached to my Account.
That’s the only Issue I see

Jacob Arnold does not have any character attached to HIS account. Your character is attached to the account 19rja78.

You can do figure this out, go to your characters guildwork page,

click that little blue akson at the end of the line "played by akson".
Then sum up the courage to notice you are not on Jacob Arnold's page.
You instead will find yourself on a page for the user 19rja78, whose display name is set to Akson.

I believe there will be no further point continuing this discussion.

Why is Jacob Arnold shown linked to my Account via clicking on GW on my AH Profile?/quote]

This is actually a pretty funny bug, and make perfect sense on how it got done like that.
First Page 2