言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » 20 kids stabbed
20 kids stabbed
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 15:57:15  
Grumpy Cat said: »
It's a big leap thought when you go from talking about fictional characters to the real world. If 16 year old Yoko popped out of my dakimakura and was ready to bone, I would have to put the kabosh on it sadly, and not just because my GF would kill me.

Jetackuu said: »
I consider fully developed females as women, apparently you don't and must attach a number to physical development.

Just because a female has developed physically and is fertile, I don't think this qualifies her as being a woman. She must also be developed mentally and to a degree emotionally. Sexuality, at it's core is a means for reproduction, and most 15-19 year old females (great racks or not) do not have the mental or emotional capacity to make those types of judgements/decisions especially when interacting with an older male.
I agree, but therein lies the problem sir, mental readiness: I know people in their late 20's/30's that aren't responsible enough for children.

As far as "most" that's a harsh thing to say, and really judgmental of you. While I agree that our culture really coddles children and they take awhile to fully grow up, but that's an extended discussion.

@ the overall Yoko thing: that was more of my point with "material" than anything and as far as her popping out, calling *** sir, calling ***. Especially if the woman was in for a 3way.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 15:58:14  
Euclids Cfinder said: »
No, this is the conclusion I come to seeing you so vehemently opposed to something in every aspect. I already know Jet is a nutty but it doesn't bother me nor anyone else nearly as much as it does you, so I'm figuring there's a personal grudge against it.
ftfy

and hey, I'm not totally nutty.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-10 16:00:01  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Why do people try to justify their actions by saying "oh well a centruy ago.." Jet you ridicule Nausi and others for doing the same thing with gay marriage and then use it to try and justify your own arguments...

100 years ago segregation was still in place... is that still ok now?

Not for nothing, but you're kinda holding onto a pretty traditional definition of "adult" aren't you? I mean times change, words are flexible, aren't they? I mean that's everyone's argument for "marriage" isn't it?
The definition of adult has changed over the years to what it currently is now...

Edit: pretty low to try and justify your reasoning this way too... Appearantly you seem to care more about keeping marriage "traditional" than keeping adults from diddling kids... You ok with marraige between a 40 y/o and a ten y/o too as long as its a male and a female?

Did you really just try and make me a supporter of diddling little kids?
I didn't try and do anything. Using a situation where we are differentiating between adult and child to attempt (and fail) to use that to make support your own arguments is low. From that I deducted that you care more about pretecting "traditional" marriage than keeping adults out of the kiddy jar. That's how it seems to me when you'd stoop to that to try and make a point. I then asked you a question.

Games again? I'll revise and be frank. So you think I support the diddling of little kids?

By the way, when did you stop beating your wife?
[+]
サーバ: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-04-10 16:00:29  
You're pretty *** nutty but I really don't care because it doesn't affect anyone.

Except Flavin apparently. Even less of a reason to care.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-10 16:00:59  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You are correct. However, try telling that to the legal system.
That is indeed where the problem lies.
The problem lies with people like you in that we need laws like this at all in the first place.
That is also correct. We are living in a sad state of affairs when people need to be told not to mess with children, and have to set the legal age to be at XX age.
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-10 16:01:01  
Ah I could have sworn I read 30 somewhere. but after a quick search 25 seems to come up most often.
It's why you can't rent a car until you're 25 (and part of why men pay more on car insurance 'til they're 25). It's just about the only rational age-based policy I've ever seen and it's attached to something trivial.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 16:01:19  
You're pretty *** nutty but I really don't care because it doesn't affect anyone.

Except Flavin apparently. Even less of a reason to care.
meh, being normal is overrated sir.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-10 16:01:44  
I love that question.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 16:02:08  
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Ah I could have sworn I read 30 somewhere. but after a quick search 25 seems to come up most often.
It's why you can't rent a car until you're 25 (and why men pay more on car insurance 'til they're 25). It's just about the only rational age-based policy I've ever seen and it's attached to something trivial.
both of which I've always found discriminatory practices, but let's try not to go there.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-10 16:03:52  
Was Flavin raped as a kid or something?
This is the conclusion you come to as a guy talks about his desire for the little kiddies?

No, this is the conclusion I come to seeing you so vehemently opposed to something in every respect. I already know Jeta is a nutty but it doesn't bother me nor anyone else nearly as much as it does you, so I'm figuring there's a personal grudge against it.
You would have assumed incorrectly.

Why doesn't it bother you as much as it does me? I'm personally shocked at the blase attitude people have seemed to show here about this.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-10 16:06:31  
Why do people try to justify their actions by saying "oh well a centruy ago.." Jet you ridicule Nausi and others for doing the same thing with gay marriage and then use it to try and justify your own arguments...

100 years ago segregation was still in place... is that still ok now?

Not for nothing, but you're kinda holding onto a pretty traditional definition of "adult" aren't you? I mean times change, words are flexible, aren't they? I mean that's everyone's argument for "marriage" isn't it?
The definition of adult has changed over the years to what it currently is now...

Edit: pretty low to try and justify your reasoning this way too... Appearantly you seem to care more about keeping marriage "traditional" than keeping adults from diddling kids... You ok with marraige between a 40 y/o and a ten y/o too as long as its a male and a female?

Did you really just try and make me a supporter of diddling little kids?
I didn't try and do anything. Using a situation where we are differentiating between adult and child to attempt (and fail) to use that to make support your own arguments is low. From that I deducted that you care more about pretecting "traditional" marriage than keeping adults out of the kiddy jar. That's how it seems to me when you'd stoop to that to try and make a point. I then asked you a question.

Games again? I'll revise and be frank. So you think I support the diddling of little kids?

Games? I told you exactly what I did. Are you a supporter of diddling little kids? You only diminish yourself by trying to use this situation to further your own.

Beating my wife? Is there some kind of reference I should get?
サーバ: Excalibur
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-10 16:06:43  
As far as "most" that's a harsh thing to say, and really judgmental of you.

Not really harsh or judgmental of -me- though, I didn't pull the number 18 out of my butt.

People are not considered adults from a legal standpoint until a certain age for reasons, trends, studies. Age of consent wasn't determined with a blindfold and a dartboard.

It comes down to the statistics really, that the majority of kids (below 18) are just not capable of making well informed and thought out decisions with regards to sexuality and the repercussions that could occur.

While there are certainly cases where a 16 year old may fully understand everything involved, that 16 year old would be considered very "mature for her age", and would be an exception.

The law however is not there for the minority, for the exceptions, it is there to protect the majority, the typical 15-19 year olds who are raised on TV with two parents who work full time and that go to school in a failing education system and that don't learn how to make good decisions or how to protect themselves from predators who would take advantage of their overdeveloped bodies and underdeveloped minds.
[+]
By Ciri Zireael 2014-04-10 16:09:17  
I don't see how I'm implying that I'm bothered rather than asking a question based on an observation. I think I've said 'I don't care' in two of my posts already.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 16:10:25  
As far as "most" that's a harsh thing to say, and really judgmental of you.

Not really harsh or judgmental of -me- though, I didn't pull the number 18 out of my butt.

People are not considered adults from a legal standpoint until a certain age for reasons, trends, studies. Age of consent wasn't determined with a blindfold and a dartboard.

It comes down to the statistics really, that the majority of kids (below 18) are just not capable of making well informed and thought out decisions with regards to sexuality and the repercussions that could occur.

While there are certainly cases where a 16 year old may fully understand everything involved, that 16 year old would be considered very "mature for her age", and would be an exception.

The law however is not there for the minority, for the exceptions, it is there to protect the majority, the typical 15-19 year olds who are raised on TV with two parents who work full time and that go to school in a failing education system and that don't learn how to make good decisions or how to protect themselves from predators who would take advantage of their overdeveloped bodies and underdeveloped minds.
I'm sorry that I disagree and I guess I have an overall more "faith" in young persons than you. Then again; you just described people well up into their 30's and beyond, and the majority too.

Also may be taking into account that I was fully aware at 13/14, and personally decided against going all the way with my gf at the time (was a year behind me in school) even though I'm certain she would have put out.

I still say your judgement is high, and your faith in the legal system is as well, especially in regards to that magical #.

As to what the law is there to protect: actually it's meant to protect everyone, including the minority. All I'm saying overall is that for those who wish to engage in relations, they should be able to go through a process in which to be allowed to do so, and their mate, whether the same age or 50 should be allowed to be with them without legal consequence just due to their age.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-04-10 16:13:07  
Somehow I feel extra shameful discussing this tangent in a thread devoted to a mass school stabbing.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-10 16:13:12  
Then again; you just described people well up into their 30's and beyond, and the majority too.

Ultimately, if it were up to me sexual activity would require having an IQ of a certain level and a stable income, but that is just me pushing my chainsaw agenda again...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-10 16:13:41  
I don't see how I'm implying that I'm bothered rather than asking a question based on an observation. I think I've said 'I don't care' in two of my posts already.
You said it doesn't bother you nearly as much as it does me to which I inquired why it didn't.

The ridiculuos nature of your question in the first place would be akin to me asking if you're a pedophile to because you're not bothered by it. I observed that you're not bothered by this act so you are one. I obeserved that you are bothered by this act so you have been affected by it.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 16:16:02  
Then again; you just described people well up into their 30's and beyond, and the majority too.

Ultimately, if it were up to me sexual activity would require having an IQ of a certain level and a stable income, but that is just me pushing my chainsaw agenda again...
I can certainly understand that viewpoint, even though I disagree with it.

edit: the IQ/income bit, not the chainsaw bit.

Go Chainsaw Agenda!
By Ciri Zireael 2014-04-10 16:17:31  
I don't care about it because if someone doesn't act on it, it affects no one. Whereas you seem extremely upset over something even existing. I already got my answer on this.

Not getting further into an argument over semantics with you Flavin.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-04-10 16:22:38  
Oh so people here are cracking jokes 1 day later
Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
Damn, you guys are awful. It might be just a hair too soon to be cracking jokes...
Why should random people feel empathy for something they had no part in?

You can't expect everyone to be a bleeding heart sympathetic person.

Not to mention that some people deal with tragedy by using comedy as a distraction as the tragedy is "too real" for a lot of people to handle, including people that have probably spent years stuck in a video game.

Not saying that's everyone, or even myself, but I'm certain there are individuals that I'm describing on this very site and in this very thread.
I'm thinking using comedy isn't a way of coping, it's a way of lightening things up in a thread when people go in and just yell at each other and blame each other for the way things are.

It's realizing that nothing here will change, so why not pass on a bit of humor to try and lighten things up?

Oh suuuuuure! Some kids get stabbed and we can crack jokes a day later. A tsunami strikes Japan, I say the same ***and everyone turns into the most caring individual known to man. Hypocrites for days! ;)
By Grumpy Cat 2014-04-10 16:23:01  
Somehow I feel extra shameful discussing this tangent in a thread devoted to a mass school stabbing.

I don't even know how far back I would have to go to get to the actual story here, but I heard someone mention today that they thought maybe the stabbing thing was somehow inspired by something that happened in China? Apparently a group of people went on some kind of bladed killing spree, anyone hear anything about that?
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2014-04-10 16:26:26  

I don't even know how far back I would have to go to get to the actual story here, but I heard someone mention today that they thought maybe the stabbing thing was somehow inspired by something that happened in China? Apparently a group of people went on some kind of bladed killing spree, anyone hear anything about that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chenpeng_Village_Primary_School_stabbing
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-10 16:28:22  
Asura.Ludoggy said: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chenpeng_Village_Primary_School_stabbing

And:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/01/us-china-attack-idUSBREA200OQ20140301
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-10 16:28:38  
Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »

Oh suuuuuure! Some kids get stabbed and we can crack jokes a day later. A tsunami strikes Japan, I say the same ***and everyone turns into the most caring individual known to man. Hypocrites for days! ;)

Lol, a day later? First responses in this thread were offtopic, it didn't even take 5 minutes. Remember the Paul Walker thread and all the car jokes? But when an oscar winning junkie OD's on heroine, we have to be sad!
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-10 16:31:24  
Mass stabbing, pedophilia, a Hitler reference... Yep, the unholy trinity has been achieved.

Locked.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15