Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » 20 kids stabbed
20 kids stabbed
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15
By fonewear 2014-04-09 12:23:01  
Well he didn't answer but the secretary told me she would pass along the message.

She is an expert on knives.
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-04-09 12:23:23  
Jetackuu said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
If knives are so much deadlier than guns why aren't people walking around with knives to protect themselves and forgetting about the guns?
actually knives are more deadly than guns themselves, it's the combination of gunpowder and bullets that make the gun more functional instead of just a bludgeoning object.

People are the most dangerous, but let's ignore that fact.

It's easier to just point and aim a gun and inflict immediate damage to a person/thing from a safe distance as opposed to going close and stabbing with a knife. Not only that, but what if this person can disarm the attacker? Can't do it from out of arm's length, hence gun is a better option.

Back on track:

There's something wrong with this looney's head for them to stab 20 people.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-09 12:24:11  
Maybe he stabbed people because he couldn't get a gun !
 Shiva.Tedril
サーバ: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-09 12:24:18  
If knives are so much deadlier than guns why aren't people walking around with knives to protect themselves and forgetting about the guns?
They do? Most of my friends don't go anywhere without one... I don't go anywhere without a backup to my knife...
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-04-09 12:25:24  
fonewear said: »
My congressman said no we can't ban knives and to stop calling.

I am not cutting my food with spoons and/or forks.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 12:25:30  
Ragnarok.Leysritt said: »
actually knives are more deadly than guns themselves, it's the combination of gunpowder and bullets that make the gun more functional instead of just a bludgeoning object.

People are the most dangerous, but let's ignore that fact.

It's easier to just point and aim a gun and inflict immediate damage to a person/thing from a safe distance as opposed to going close and stabbing with a knife. Not only that, but what if this person can disarm the attacker? Can't do it from out of arm's length, hence gun is a better option.

Back on track:

There's something wrong with this looney's head for them to stab 20 people.
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Defending yourself against a knife is a million times easier than defending yourself against a gun.
It's entirely situational.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-09 12:25:30  
The key is to make this about gun control. Because banning knives is too difficult.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-04-09 12:25:48  
Defending yourself against a knife is a million times easier than defending yourself against a gun.

Exactly
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 12:26:57  
Ragnarok.Leysritt said: »

Exactly
not at all.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-04-09 12:28:46  
According to CNN he played Assassin's Creed non stop. And was obsessed with kitchens.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-09 12:29:49  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You obviously haven't been to Texas. There are more people with knives on them at all times than there are with guns on them at all times...
The point is why is there a need for guns if you have a superior weapon at hand to protect yourself. Most people argue that guns are there for pretection and self preservation. If all you need is a knife for that why bother with the argument that you need a gun for all that?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-09 12:32:15  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Bismarck.Keityan said: »
Asura.Railbender said: »
No one gives a ***, go somewhere else.

I don't know what you were expecting when you first post a topic that can easily be related to gun control.

Personally, I wonder what was the perspective of the stabber. We never really hear their perspective. What happened psychologically that made this happen? Was it some sort of learned helplessness that resulted in an outraged killing frenzy? I refuse to believe every single one of these school shooting type events are due to people being psychotic, but have an underlying cause that can be realized and prevented.

You better watch out! Unfortunately, even when asking that question here, you will be railed. (Example: Sandy Hook thread.) Exploratory thought and understanding is not welcome here, you heartless so-and-so!

Well to be fair in most of these cases the perp dies before we can get anything out of them or they're minors so we'll probably never get definitive answers regarding why they felt it necessary to stab fellow students. Was it for fame? A desperate act of revenge? A wild fantasy given life? Did vidya games make him do it? Perhaps a broken household? Bullying? Jilted lover?

High school is a pretty stressful time for people in general.

So many people are sitting on emotional powder kegs on a daily basis that these types of outbursts of violence are unfortunately the result of how we raise men in America. This goes far beyond the stupid surface level arguments regarding guns to how boys become men and what they see as acceptable and celebrated in society.

When rage and violence are the primary emotions we want to see in males and seeking medical attention is seen as weakness both parents and the individual allow the keg to fill further until the inevitable spark sets everything off.

Ever notice how rarely females engage in this type of violent rampage?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 12:34:02  
You obviously haven't been to Texas. There are more people with knives on them at all times than there are with guns on them at all times...
The point is why is there a need for guns if you have a superior weapon at hand to protect yourself. Most people argue that guns are there for pretection and self preservation. If all you need is a knife for that why bother with the argument that you need a gun for all that?
They're not necessarily superior but in the wrong hands just as dangerous and can be just as deadly.

It's more so subjective as to what's superior and the like.

Some people are better with bladed weapons, some are better with projectile weapons, and there's some truth to the stealthiness of being able to use a concealed blade that can slit one's throat and not make a noise vs a weapon that fires a projectile and typically makes a good amount of noise, even with a suppressor.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 12:35:48  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Well to be fair in most of these cases the perp dies before we can get anything out of them or they're minors so we'll probably never get definitive answers regarding why they felt it necessary to stab fellow students. Was it for fame? A desperate act of revenge? A wild fantasy given life? Did vidya games make him do it? Perhaps a broken household? Bullying? Jilted lover?

High school is a pretty stressful time for people in general.

So many people are sitting on emotional powder kegs on a daily basis that these types of outbursts of violence are unfortunately the result of how we raise men in America. This goes far beyond the stupid surface level arguments regarding guns to how boys become men and what they see as acceptable and celebrated in society.

When rage and violence are the primary emotions we want to see in males and seeking medical attention is seen as weakness both parents and the individual allow the keg to fill further until the inevitable spark sets everything off.

Ever notice how rarely females engage in this type of violent rampage?
I still personally think that there's an issue with that there's an entire culture of persons who think it's best to solve problems with violence, way before they're even violent problems, and children are taught that at a young age, and just go with it.

But that's my opinion.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-09 12:42:51  
The perp was angry about being called fat. That's my bet right there.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-09 12:44:51  

There's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 12:45:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
somebody probably just insulted his mother
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-04-09 12:46:25  
or maybe someone insulted his fat mother!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 12:46:38  
Shiva.Gib said: »
or maybe someone insulted his fat mother!
bazinga
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-09 12:47:48  
Remember when nerds everywhere cheered when that kid getting bullied at school knifed his bullies to death?

Or that time fat boi suplexed that skinny turd into the ground?
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 12:50:54  
Remember when nerds everywhere cheered when that kid getting bullied at school knifed his bullies to death?

not familiar with either of those references.

But I would go as far as to say it's one of the negative consequences of a combination of a lack of parenting and the bullying culture. Now don't get me started as I typically think the "anti-bullying" campaign is a few hairs shy of flat out HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but it's bad when people are dying over dumb ***.

edit: but I guess that's just another manifestation of the rest of our world, huh?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-09 12:52:00  

But I would go as far as to say it's one of the negative consequences of a combination of a lack of parenting and the bullying culture. Now don't get me started as I typically think the "anti-bullying" campaign is a few hairs shy of flat out HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but it's bad when people are dying over dumb ***.

edit: but I guess that's just another manifestation of the rest of our world, huh?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 12:54:53  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

YouTube Video Placeholder
ok, what's your point?

He tried to be peaceful about it until he came at him again, and he merely defended himself against physical violence.

At least that's the view I get from that short low quality clip that I can't really hear.

Edit: that skinny "bully" had a bit of balls though, takes some guts to punch a guy twice-thrice your size in the face and then continue to taunt him.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-09 12:55:09  
That is still one of the most righteous things I've ever seen. Skinny kid is so lucky he didn't end up in a wheelchair for life.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-09 12:55:43  
You said you weren't familiar with the reference, now you are.
That's the point.
[+]
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Dawnn
By Dawn Charis 2014-04-09 12:56:05  
I really wanna know this guys name, I want to see his facebook before stuff gets removed
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 12:56:08  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
You said you weren't familiar with the reference, now you are.
That's the point.
ah, fair enough.

I don't get his point though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-09 12:56:42  
They're not necessarily superior but in the wrong hands just as dangerous and can be just as deadly.

It's more so subjective as to what's superior and the like.

Some people are better with bladed weapons, some are better with projectile weapons, and there's some truth to the stealthiness of being able to use a concealed blade that can slit one's throat and not make a noise vs a weapon that fires a projectile and typically makes a good amount of noise, even with a suppressor.
I'm just curious as to where you learned all of this. People's efficiency and deadliness with certain weapons.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-09 12:57:10  
aww man video not available in my country, was gonna get a giggle outta that
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15