Bundy Ranch, Militia OTW.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Bundy Ranch, Militia OTW.
Bundy Ranch, Militia OTW.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-25 12:28:39  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
The south shall rise again!
Hope they leave Florida OUT of the "South" >_>
Florida's going to have to be left out of the 50 states and be replaced by Puerto Rico eventually. We'll just start calling Florida "Atlantis" and turn the whole thing into a giant tourist trap. Much how it is now, but with more scuba tanks.

Oh ***. I think I just solved the problem of that other thread about Puerto Rico...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-25 12:31:36  

Florida's going to have to be left out of the 50 states and be replaced by Puerto Rico eventually. We'll just start calling Florida "Atlantis" and turn the whole thing into a giant tourist trap.

Much how it is now, but with more scuba tanks.
And this just in, I reverse my idea agree to keep Florida in the Union instead of swapping for PR!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-25 12:36:31  
Florida's going to have to be left out of the 50 states and be replaced by Puerto Rico eventually. We'll just start calling Florida "Atlantis" and turn the whole thing into a giant tourist trap. Much how it is now, but with more scuba tanks.
And this just in, I reverse my idea agree to keep Florida in the Union instead of swapping for PR!

My point was, isn't Florida more or less screwed at this point? The way I understand it, it's only a matter of decades before it becomes more watery at all times than Louisiana on a bad day.

I admit I'm going on hearsay from people I would expect to have fact checked their statements and have done no research on the topic myself, but basically I've been told Florida's turning into a swamp one way or another.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-25 12:37:04  
Floreudo Rico!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-25 12:43:55  
My point was, isn't Florida more or less screwed at this point? The way I understand it, it's only a matter of decades before it becomes more watery at all times than Louisiana on a bad day.

I admit I'm going on hearsay from people I would expect to have fact checked their statements and have done no research on the topic myself, but basically I've been told Florida's turning into a swamp one way or another.
Ohhh, well than ok, yes it is a Swampland we populated, and is in the track of hurricanes/tropical storms. Why we populated this area and the bowl next to the sea is beyond me. Both are highly risky.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-25 12:48:49  
Bundy on Spanish Folk (cause all spanish folk are mexicans):

Quote:
Now let me talk about the Spanish people. Now I understand that they come over here against our Constitution and cross our borders. But they're here, and they're people. And I've worked beside a lot of them. Don't tell me they don't work, and don't tell me they don't pay taxes. And don't tell me they don't have better family structures than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they're together, they picnic together, they're spending their time together. And I'll tell you, in my way of thinking, they're awful nice people. And we need to have those people going to be with us.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-25 12:57:17  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Bundy on Spanish Folk (cause all spanish folk are mexicans):
Quote:
Now let me talk about the Spanish people. Now I understand that they come over here against our Constitution and cross our borders. But they're here, and they're people. And I've worked beside a lot of them. Don't tell me they don't work, and don't tell me they don't pay taxes. And don't tell me they don't have better family structures than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they're together, they picnic together, they're spending their time together. And I'll tell you, in my way of thinking, they're awful nice people. And we need to have those people going to be with us.

While referring to Mexicans and Hispanics as "Spanish folk" is pretty stupid, it's otherwise the least-idiotic quote I've heard from him or his nitwit son yet.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-25 13:05:35  
While referring to Mexicans and Hispanics as "Spanish folk" is pretty stupid, it's otherwise the least-idiotic quote I've heard from him or his nitwit son yet.
Agreed. Must say, that may be nicest thing I have heard from a Racist about my people. '_'
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-25 13:09:19  
Agreed. Must say, that may be nicest thing I have heard from a Racist about my people. '_'

And, frankly, it's also why I find it so baffling that the GOP has an agenda against immigrantion.

A lot of these people -- if you described them without mentioning who they were -- would sound like ideal republicans. Obviously there's variance among any group of people and Hispanics are no different. But a good portion of the population is as he describes.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-04-25 13:12:42  

Glass half full for me! If Louisiana and parts of Texas turn into a gulf, I might have a beach-front retirement home without having to move! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-29 19:58:53  
Concerns growing about militia members at Bundy ranch
Quote:
According to Horsford, his constituents say the militia have set up checkpoints where residents must prove they live in the area before they are allowed to pass and have set up a "persistent presence" along federal highways, and state and county roads. They also claim some have established an armed presence in the community.
Anti-authoritarians uphold personal freedoms through strict authoritarianism. You can't make this ***up.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-29 20:04:50  
How many of those clowns actually have a license to carry in Nevada I wonder? Just call the police if you get stopped, actually, just run through the checkpoint, its not like they are going to shoot at you. Seriously, where are the police?
By Jetackuu 2014-04-29 20:04:52  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Concerns growing about militia members at Bundy ranch
Quote:
According to Horsford, his constituents say the militia have set up checkpoints where residents must prove they live in the area before they are allowed to pass and have set up a "persistent presence" along federal highways, and state and county roads. They also claim some have established an armed presence in the community.
Anti-authoritarians uphold personal freedoms through strict authoritarianism. You can't make this ***up.

[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-29 20:06:39  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
How many of those clowns actually have a license to carry in Nevada I wonder? Just call the police if you get stopped, actually, just run through the checkpoint, its not like they are going to shoot at you. Seriously, where are the police?
Aside from the crazy notion to require people to have a license to carry a weapon, I believe Nevada is an open carry state, but I could be wrong on that note.

But these people are still nuts.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-29 20:13:52  
Yeah, I think you are correct on that note, still, run the checkpoints, they aren't going to do anything.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-29 20:15:13  
Better yet, run them over.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-29 20:17:00  
Yeah, I think you are correct on that note, still, run the checkpoints, they aren't going to do anything.

"He's brown, open fire, open fire!"
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-29 20:24:06  
Normally I'd be inclined to agree (you're much more likely to get shot by a cop than a criminal unless you're involved in gang warfare of some nature), but these guys are just stupid enough to take some potshots and "accidentally" murder someone.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12