Dropping Items Out Of Inventory?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Dropping items out of inventory?
Dropping items out of inventory?
First Page 2
 Shiva.Snojoe
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2014-05-01 21:22:23  
Okay, so I installed LightLuggage because I saw it's insanely amazing benefits in an Abyssea party -- no more ores taking up my inventory! -- but now I've begun to wonder about it's use in solo efforts.

Here's my situation. I stalk Upper Delkfutt's from time to time looking for the ever elusive Potestas bomblet. In my adventures, I acquire a large amount of Gigas socks and necklaces that eventually become a pain in my *** to manually go and throw them away from my inventory. So here's what I am looking to figure out:

Is there a plugin, or else a feature within LightLuggage, that could drop them (or any defined item) for me in a solo setting? I tried it anyway, knowing that the items go straight into your inventory upon dropping, but didn't know if maybe there was something within the system that it has to bypass first before actually falling, and if it'd catch it while in that limbo or not.

I could just as easily move them to my sack/case/satchel, but I'll eventually end up dropping them anyway, and try to reserve those areas for other items, so I'm trying to avoid this as much as possible.

Thanks for any help!
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-05-01 22:12:18  
I might be wrong, but I don't think any windower addon/plugin can do this. You probably need to use some other 3rd party thing like exiled.
By Jetackuu 2014-05-01 22:29:15  
If one can drop items via macro (I am guessing this is possible but yet have never actually done it) then it would be possible to just make a macro to drop every item a zone drops that you don't want, and just smash it once in a bit, it would just null if you don't have the item.

It's crude, but it would be better than manually doing it.

But I imagine there's a way to script it otherwise.
 Sylph.Subadai
サーバ: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2014-05-01 23:53:27  
Just fill up your inventory beforehand, and LL will pass on stuff in the pool. Then when you want something, make room. It's only a pain when there are regular drops you want, then you have to keep shuffling stuff into your satchel or whatever to make room. But with Potestas, not like they're dropping like rain, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-01 23:58:50  
I'm currently working on a LL replacement addon that will have this feature. With any luck it'll be released this weekend.
[+]
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-02 06:29:36  
It's done, but only on the dev version of Windower. If there are no complaints I'll push it live at some point during the weekend.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-05-02 06:51:55  
Would help with dynamis farming, I`m forever having to throw away -1 relic and accessories that clutter up my inventory.
[+]
 Shiva.Snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2014-05-02 18:58:14  
That is awesome! I'm glad I discovered this all and asked when I did, because I think any more farming would have driven me mad without it, so thank you!

Sylph.Subadai said: »
But with Potestas, not like they're dropping like rain, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Thankfully, that's true; however, I take a lot of the other ***that drops -- all those scrolls, the potions from the chests, etc. -- and sell them off, too. In fact, I have 5 Archer's Preludes waiting to sell on the AH/sitting in my inv waiting for AH space to open up, and they're selling okay-ish on Shiva, so I can make a small bit off those, too ;) But I'd gladly give up an inv slot of those for a Potestas lol.
By Jetackuu 2014-05-02 19:13:13  
Would make it nice to instadrop those really shitty items in each area, or stuff you just don't need.

I'll probably actually use this plugin now.
[+]
 Sylph.Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2014-05-02 21:06:56  
Leviathan.Arcon said: »
It's done, but only on the dev version of Windower. If there are no complaints I'll push it live at some point during the weekend.
Cool, just downloaded it, how do I use it? I looked around, but couldn't find any help text or whatnot, and lua is a little over my head.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-02 22:29:49  
I forgot to add a ReadMe, I'll do that now...

You can either edit the settings.xml directly (in Windower/addons/Treasury/data/settings.xml) or you can use in-game commands:
Code
//treasury lot|pass add|remove <name>

This would add or remove all items matching <name> to the lot or pass list. For example:
Code
//treasury lot add *-1

This will add all items ending in "-1" to the pass list (i.e. items to be passed).

There are a few special names you can use:
Code
//treasury pass add crystals
//treasury lot add currency
//treasury lot add seals
//treasury pass add geodes
//treasury lot add avatarites
//treasury pass add pool

The names are pretty self-explanatory. The last one will probably be the most useful. It adds all items currently in the treasure pool to the pass list and immediately passes them. I actually even made a macro for that, so I can easily expand my pass list by new junk items I encounter all the time.

However:
This will only save the settings for your current character, not all characters (since sometimes you'll want to lot on an item with your mule but not with your main). If you want to add or remove something to/from the add or pass list from every character, you can specfy the global key word:
Code
//treasury pass add global geodes

This will make it so that geodes are passed on every character.

That's pretty much the gist of it, but here are the remaining commands:
Code
//treasury passall

Passes everything in the current pool without adding it to the pass list permanently.
Code
//treasury lotall

Lots everything in the current pool without adding it to the lot list permanently.
Code
//treasury clearall

Clears all settings for that character (will not remove global settings that will still apply to the chracter).

Note that auto-dropping items from inventory is disabled by default. To enable it go to Windower/addons/Treasury/data/settings.xml and change AutoDrop from false to true. I'll add an option for doing this with commands as well, but it's not there yet:
Code
//treasury autodrop <on|off>

As a further note, future versions will allow shortening of the names (//tr instead of //treasury, p/l instead of pass/lot, +/- instead of add/remove).

Finally I'd like to mention the Lottery addon as well. It's a very simple addon, that proved pretty useful to me whenever I was multiboxing. With that loaded, when one character lots on an item, others will immediately pass. So if you're ever stuck manually lotting items, you don't have to tab through your characters to pass on every character but one.

However, note that this will also pass when you intend to lot on both characters (perhaps if you want to increase your chances of getting an item in a group event by lotting on multiple characters), so be cautious when using it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-02 22:47:23  
I guess I should point out again how dangerous the auto-drop settings can be... for example, if you're farming in Dynamis and have your main set up to lot currency, while your mule should be passing currency and, by accident, currency ended up on your mule and you have auto-drop enabled on your mule, it would pass that immediately. You also wouldn't be able to trade her currency to transfer, as she would immediately drop it when it entered her inventory.

That's why I mentioned the Lottery addon above. Instead of adding currency (or any important item) to your mule's pass list, you should use Lottery instead to make other characters pass. That way you can use the auto-drop settings safely on junk items and still pass on currency with all but one character.

Another example which could bite people in the pass is crystals. Most people will want to pass single crystals while in the field, but if you want to craft something and either buy crystals or move them into your inventory from your satchel or whatever, it will immediately drop them if auto-drop is set to true.

There are probably more dangerous edge cases, just a few examples to explain why it's disabled by default and why you should be careful using it. With the new command I'm adding you can also enable/disable it whenever it suits you.
[+]
 Sylph.Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2014-05-03 02:41:12  
Yeah, autodrop can be dangerous but it is incredibly useful. Really cool stuff. I do get a bunch of 'true' spammed in the console with autodrop on, but so far in my limited use, it's worked fine otherwise. Thanks, this is a really useful addon.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-03 04:02:32  
Can you give me the exact error message?
[+]
 Sylph.Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2014-05-03 05:53:45  
It literally just prints "true" to the console, nothing else. Seems to happen whenever items drop into the pool, I think. Pretty sure this only happens when autodrop is on.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-03 12:12:11  
Whoops, I accidentally left a debug message in there. Should be removed now.
 Sylph.Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2014-05-03 17:04:01  
Just tried it on release version of Windower and the debug messages are gone.
 Shiva.Snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2014-05-04 15:42:23  
Just downloaded it and have been using it all morning, it's perfect. Definitely would recommend to everyone who is interested in farming ANYTHING and wants to get the shitty drops out of the way.

Had a few troubles at first, but it was all user-side and trying to get the hang of the commands, but this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this, Arcon!
[+]
 Shiva.Snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2014-05-07 16:06:02  
Okay, so not sure if I just came across an issue, or what but I'll post anyway.

Was in Outer Ra'Kaznar just now fighting the bats near the Colo Reive on bottom floor, and kept seeing fangs and wings dropping. No big deal, I have them on my list. Was also getting Fenrites, Shadow Geodes, and Crystals, which I want and don't have on my list.

Lo and behold, however, I go to look at my inventory to see how many Rem chapters I have, and I see that I have a stack and a half of Bat Wings, and almost a full stack of Bat Fangs.

They were dropping from my inventory no problem when I was in Delkfutt's, but they weren't auto-dropping here. Auto-drop was turned on, and I just reverified that it was by doing the //treasury autodrop twice (first saying that it became disabled and again to reenable it). I readded them to my list using //treasury pass add Bat Wing/Fang, and it all dropped after that without issue.

Is it possible that it was something with the addon and how many things were dropping, or that I was in a new area, or ... just my addon got wonky for a second?

Just wanted to post in case anyone else was having a similar issue.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-08 04:09:07  
This is... strange. I'm not sure what could be causing it. Can you show me your settings file?
[+]
 Shiva.Snojoe
By Shiva.Snojoe 2014-05-12 19:36:52  
Sorry, I was away for the weekend, but here's my settings file:
Code
<?xml version="1.1" ?>
<settings>
	<global>
        <AutoDrop>false</AutoDrop>
        <Lot />
        <Pass />
	</global>
	<snojoe>
        <AutoDrop>true</AutoDrop>
        <Pass>Gigas Socks, Zinc Ore, Flint Stone, Damselfly Worm, Gigas Necklace, Bat Fang, Bat Wing, Silver Ore, Copper Ore</Pass>
	</snojoe>
</settings>

Also of note, earlier today I joined an aby pt that had a few Ores and Flint Stones in the pool when I joined the party and zone, and got the following error message six times just upon joining (it never happened again after more stones/ores dropped)

Quote:
Invalid treasure slot. Expected between 0 and 9, got: xxx

Where "xxx" was one of 6 different numbers: 256, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263. That was new.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-13 01:04:35  
Interesting.. thanks for the error message, that actually clears something up about the packet structure. I'll fix that today.

As for why the not passing thing happened, I'm really not sure... :\
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-05-13 04:18:24  
a LightLuggage replacement that drops stuff from inventory as well? I think I love you Arcon!
 Shiva.Siral
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-05-19 09:25:09  
Edit: do you want me to submit my issues at https://github.com/Windower/Lua/issues ?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-19 12:25:24  
Unfortunately there's no perfect solution for this. You assumed that the global settings get amended by the character settings, but instead they get replaced. This is intended, otherwise there are cases that cannot be easily covered.

I'm thinking of switching to a profile-based solution, like LL had. But it won't be in the next few days, as it's not a priority atm.

However, I'll try to examine why the global keyword didn't work.
 Sylph.Cyc
user: Cycloptux
By Sylph.Cyc 2014-05-20 20:39:17  
Is the auto-stacking feature already implemented? I've just downloaded Treasury to see if it would be a good time to replace LL, but it doesn't auto-stack anything at all. Github readme says it needs to be enabled, but I can't find any option to do that.
Thanks!
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-20 22:35:21  
It shouldn't need to be enabled. I'll look into it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [77 days between previous and next post]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-05 14:19:18  
Ok, I'm new to editing this stuff for XI so I'm not entirely sure I'm doing this right, I basically want to edit it so it will instantly drop items once they're in inventory, and also pass them as well. I have each of my characters separated into different VM's so I don't really need to have them individualized on their settings as they essentially have their own device they run on with different setups entirely.

These are the items I want to pass/drop:
this is the basic code,
Code
<?xml version="1.1" ?>
<settings>
	<global>
        <AutoDrop>false</AutoDrop>
        <Delay>0</Delay>
        <Lot />
        <Pass />
	</global>
</settings>
where do I put the items in? I guess I could do it in game, but I figured it'd be easier to copy/paste than it would be to line item add them.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-05 14:44:07  
or do I just add them to the pass list and set autodrop to true?
 Sylph.Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2014-08-05 15:49:13  
Jetackuu said: »
or do I just add them to the pass list and set autodrop to true?
Yep. Also, from chat/console you can also use wildcards, e.g.
Code
//tr p a *testimony
will add all testimonies to your drop list. Key words like "crystals" are also supported, see the help in-game. Edit: I see this advice has already been given upthread.
First Page 2