U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds
U.S. Climate Has Already Changed, Study Finds
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 44 45 46
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-05-13 11:35:41  
"I would never work for free but I expect climate scientists to."
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 11:36:08  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Provoke a different way of thinking sure. As you cannot prove a negative, only poke holes in it at best. Asking someone to disprove something that they themselves cannot prove makes no sense.

Are you even aware of why you can't prove AGW, but at best, can only give evidence that it's happening?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-05-13 11:37:45  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
This is moronic. If anthropogenic global warming theory is so readily disprovable,
then post something that disproves it.
No idiotic cartoons. No strawmen. Post actual *** science.

If you're still waiting on conclusive evidence, it is not because there is a lack of any. It is because you're intentionally ignoring it.
You have to prove god doesn't exist in order to do that.

This is starting to look like one of the oldie but goodie "burden of proof" arguments. LOL!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-05-13 11:39:43  
It isn't. Evidence can exist that supports the conclusion that current climate change is a natural phenomenon.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 11:39:47  
Give me a multimillion dollar research grant and I'll prove whatever you want.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-05-13 11:41:59  
Here's a dollar. Go back to being background noise.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 11:42:05  
Yeah, because that's why scientist become scientist to begin with.

To get rich.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-05-13 11:42:49  
If people really think like this I wonder why we do any research at all ever... because it appears that people given grant money just come back and say whatever the hell they want to just to get the moneys...

Or is this just the case with global warming/climate change?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-05-13 11:44:51  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Yeah, because that's why scientist become scientist to begin with.

To get rich.
Some do do it for the money lol... If you've disallusioned yourself to the point that you think all scientists got into it for the pure science and nothing else... well yea... I got some beach front property for you in South Dakota...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-05-13 11:47:09  

Isn't that what certain industries do with regard to presenting scientists that deny whatever event is occurring along with arguing against the impact of consequential preventative measures that would hinder profits?
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 11:48:36  
I'm sure some do, but our friend here is asserting that the whole scientific community pushing for a false agenda in order to get rich, not just some.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 11:50:58  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
If people really think like this I wonder why we do any research at all ever... because it appears that people given grant money just come back and say whatever the hell they want to just to get the moneys...

It depends who funds the study. What their network of peers is like, etc.

People attack any study the Koch brothers fund, yet Al Gore can fund anything he wants and have it be truth.

You can fund and research all you want, but unless you have something to show for all the research it's just another money/time sink.

At best global warming research has just given politicians something to argue about, rather than come to any agreement on how to fix anything remotely important to the way society or the economy is ran.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 11:51:36  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Isn't that what certain industries do with regard to presenting scientists that deny whatever event is occurring along with arguing against the impact of consequential preventative measures that would hinder profits?
It absolutely works both ways.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-05-13 11:52:48  
People attack any study the Koch brothers fund, yet Al Gore can fund anything he wants and have it be truth.

Going by some posts in this thread and the opinions of people living in middle America in the heart of coal production that statement that anything Al Gore says is held as truth, ain't exactly true.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 11:53:46  
I'm sure some do, but our friend here is asserting that the whole scientific community pushing for a false agenda in order to get rich, not just some.
Some don't even know they're being led astray. Their hearts and/or minds might be in the right place, but their basic assumption dates back to ideas that originated over a 100 years ago. Well before the drastic increase of CO2. So what were their intention back then? We may never know.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 11:54:33  

One side is set to gain tens/hundreds of millions from preventing environmental regulations.

If you can believe a whole community is crooked for a few million, you can believe that one corporation is crooked for tens/hundreds of millions.

Which studies have Al Gore funded btw?
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-05-13 11:55:49  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-05-13 11:55:57  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I don't want to jump to the conclusion that you might be stupid, so I'll ask you if you are just trying to provoke..
Provoke a different way of thinking sure. As you cannot prove a negative, only poke holes in it at best. Asking someone to disprove something that they themselves cannot prove makes no sense.
But that's the foundation of the scientific model, all of the collective work is "current understanding until proven otherwise" that's how it works.

I'll still take the collective scientific community' word on something, even if they may be wrong, than a group of quack scientists who are in the pockets of big oil.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 11:56:16  
Some don't even know they're being led astray. Their hearts and/or minds might be in the right place, but their basic assumption dates back to ideas that originated over a 100 years ago. Well before the drastic increase of CO2. So what were their intention back then? We may never know.

Who, exactly, are you referring to?

Can you answer my previous question? Do you know why we can't prove AGW but only give evidence for it?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 11:57:02  
Jetackuu said: »
I don't want to jump to the conclusion that you might be stupid, so I'll ask you if you are just trying to provoke..
But that's the foundation of the scientific model, all of the collective work is "current understanding until proven otherwise" that's how it works.

I'll still take the collective scientific community' word on something, even if they may be wrong, than a group of quack scientists who are in the pockets of big oil.
Then prove god doesn't exist.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-05-13 11:57:48  
You can't even articulate why you think the science is wrong here. All you can do is insist that it is. Sorry, that's worthless.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 11:58:49  

Who, exactly, are you referring to?

Can you answer my previous question? Do you know why we can't prove AGW but only give evidence for it?
Scientists in general.
I have no idea what all these acronyms are. I haven't researched any of them.
By Jetackuu 2014-05-13 11:58:56  
Jetackuu said: »

Then prove god doesn't exist then.
You read but aren't listening.

The two aren't even comparable, the one has evidence backing up it's claims, the other uses circular logic.

You claim to try to provoke thought, but about the best you're accomplishing is annoying trolling. There's better ways to go about it.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-05-13 11:59:09  
2+ billion a year for a "science" that would simply evaporate if there was no call for alarm.

It's a game, the scientists that sound the biggest alarm, get the most money.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-05-13 12:00:09  
Well not the whole scientific community just the ones that support the claim that he does not.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-05-13 12:00:53  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
You can't even articulate why you think the science is wrong here. All you can do is insist that it is. Sorry, that's worthless.
I never said science is wrong. Science has neither an absolute wrong or right. It's always changing to explain that which was unexplainable.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 12:01:48  
Scientists in general.
I have no idea what all these acronyms are. I haven't researched any of them.

So you're just antagonizing scientist in general.

I'll take a gamble that you're not all that into the big bang theory and evolution either.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-05-13 12:03:41  
I never said science is wrong. Science has neither an absolute wrong or right. It's always changing to explain that which was unexplainable.

I'm pretty sure that objects fall to the Earth at an acceleration of 9.8m/s while in a vacuum. I think you should stop talking about science if you don't know anything about it.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-13 12:03:51  
AGW: Anthropogenic Global Warming - human induced global warming.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-05-13 12:03:57  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

It depends who funds the study. What their network of peers is like, etc.

You can fund and research all you want, but unless you have something to show for all the research it's just another money/time sink.

At best global warming research has just given politicians something to argue about, rather than come to any agreement on how to fix anything remotely important to the way society or the economy is ran.
there seem to be plenty of ideas to help fix this situation. Most just revolve around passing bills that will never go through as industry and many other people don't want to do it lol.

If you're talking about developing a cure all device well we could be waiting forever for that. We still ahven't solved the riddles that plague the human body no matter how many billions have been thrown at it.

Fix the situation! But don't study it thouroughly... don't make anything more expensive and don't do anything that could possibly change anything in my own life!
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 44 45 46