RMT'S

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » RMT'S
RMT'S
By Bigsmokey 2014-05-26 12:44:29  
I say if you are not affecting other players game play cheat your *** off. Ppl who think cheating is bad are idiots...go play some other game and hate somewhere else. Now if your getting beat to let's say tiamat or something because someone is flee hacking and claiming it over you then yes, they deserve to get banned. Otherwise, things like gear swap actually help ppl in the game. I mean u could hit like 10 macros to swap gear n crap, but screw that.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-26 13:37:32  
Bigsmokey said: »
I say if you are not affecting other players game play cheat your *** off. Ppl who think cheating is bad are idiots...go play some other game and hate somewhere else. Now if your getting beat to let's say tiamat or something because someone is flee hacking and claiming it over you then yes, they deserve to get banned. Otherwise, things like gear swap actually help ppl in the game. I mean u could hit like 10 macros to swap gear n crap, but screw that.

No.

We commit violations of the games rule: using windower, using scripts, addon/plugins, so we cheat (actually, you, i play on xbox <.<), but we remain silent because we are accomplish of the crime. Its dumb to complain against someone else when we are the same.

BUT just because we are the same as rmt dont mean suddenly cheating is good. Cheating is wrong, dont try to convince yourself or others of a lie.

Just accept the truth, and the penalty of our actions, if someday we are judged. Just dont pretend that using third party like "everyone" does makes that a legal tool.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2014-05-26 13:40:27  
 Fenrir.Mariane
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-05-26 14:13:05  
Wordspoken said: »
I thought the number of windower user is around 30% or so?

That would be more like the percentage of NA/EU people NOT using windower ...

Even JPs have been using it ... I think there's less amongst them using it though.
By Bigsmokey 2014-05-26 16:12:03  
I don't give the f*ck if you call me a cheater. I cheat, I am not trying to say or convince myself that I don't. And if you don't like it, go eat a bowl of ***. That being said...I do have morals and will never affect others by it
By Wordspoken 2014-05-26 16:29:00  
Fenrir.Mariane said: »
I thought the number of windower user is around 30% or so?

That would be more like the percentage of NA/EU people NOT using windower ...

Even JPs have been using it ... I think there's less amongst them using it though.
Can you back this up somehow? Not saying you're wrong, just curious where the game stands right now.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-05-26 16:36:32  
Bigsmokey said: »
I don't give the f*ck if you call me a cheater. I cheat, I am not trying to say or convince myself that I don't. And if you don't like it, go eat a bowl of ***. That being said...I do have morals and will never affect others by it

Let me give an hypothetic example of how cheating can be bad for other people playing the game around cheating players:
(not that I particularly care about what you think or how you feel about others hating you for cheating, but I am being practical on this reply...)

2006, The Boyahda Tree zone. Person A has Windower and the infamous "eye" plugin thing on his game. Person B is playing on a Playstation 2.

Person A is a thief/nin, has flee and because of the said plugin he can see where the treasure coffers pop on the map using the widescan function (enabled by the plugin, not available for that job combo and which isn't even supposed to show coffer positions on it).

Person B is trying to pop the coffer for AF quest. Person A want the gillies and crafting items eventually it drop. While waiting on pops for the treasure coffer person A spends time playing with the Goobbues for boyahda moss.

So person A knows the chest timer and has a plugin which warns him when and where the chest pops. Person A monopolizes coffer chest making person B unable of progressing their game objective.

Tell me how fair it is for person B who need the chest for the AF item ? If person A is a jerk, person B never stands a chance besides wait until person A is done. And then person B will still have to compete with the other players in the zone, cheaters or not.

And then you get angry when people dislike cheating ... All right.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-05-26 16:41:50  
Can you back this up somehow? Not saying you're wrong, just curious where the game stands right now.

Based on my personal group of friends, I know most of them do use Windower.

I am one "of the few odd ones" playing the game vanilla.

That doesn't matter much of course. Some of my friends like plugins like these tools for quick gear swapping, others use GuildWork but then if you go to my profile you will see that my merits and atma lists were entered manually and aren't accounted for achievements exactly because I don't use Windower.
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-05-26 16:47:28  

2006, The Boyahda Tree zone. Person A has Windower and the infamous "eye" plugin thing on his game. Person B is playing on a Playstation 2.

Person A is a thief/nin, has flee and because of the said plugin he can see where the treasure coffers pop on the map using the widescan function (enabled by the plugin, not available for that job combo and which isn't even supposed to show coffer positions on it).

Person B is trying to pop the coffer for AF quest. Person A want the gillies and crafting items eventually it drop. While waiting on pops for the treasure coffer person A spends time playing with the Goobbues for boyahda moss.

So person A knows the chest timer and has a plugin which warns him when and where the chest pops. Person A monopolizes coffer chest making person B unable of progressing their game objective.

That was probably a valid complaint in 2006 but nowadays it's quite possible to be the only player in a zone for hours at a time. Also I think the comment about not affecting others by it implies that the player is not taking advantages when other players are present. (Although any form of botting where generation of gil is involved probably does impact other players negatively - but maybe less now since so much gil has already been generated.)
By Bigsmokey 2014-05-26 16:49:13  
Like I said, if your not effecting other players with your cheats then who cares. If you are be ready for the ban hammer eventually. I remember back in the hnm days when all those people would call us cheaters for claiming kings, and when the hacked list's came out of all the cheater came out, just about every one of the people complaining about cheaters were on the list. It was funny as Hell...also SE should have ended support for the ps2 and Xbox long ago, it has held the game back for too long as far as graphics and how many zones they can have
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-05-26 16:58:20  
This thread is a mess
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-26 17:10:58  
Asura.Hoshiku said: »

That was probably a valid complaint in 2006 but nowadays it's quite possible to be the only player in a zone for hours at a time. Also I think the comment about not affecting others by it implies that the player is not taking advantages when other players are present. (Although any form of botting where generation of gil is involved probably does impact other players negatively - but maybe less now since so much gil has already been generated.)

Isn't there a cool down on how fast you can re open a chest solely because of this reason?

I believe SE fixed this like years ago (With Skeleton keys definitely)
By Pantafernando 2014-05-26 17:13:47  
Coffeur is 5 mins cooldown for AF, around 45 mins for others rewards.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-05-26 21:19:43  
Excitement in Sea Serpent Grotto? See ya there! :)
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-05-26 22:29:46  
Pantafernando said: »
Coffeur is 5 mins cooldown for AF, around 45 mins for others rewards.

That doesn't matter much because I took the coffer situation as an example. Also, I set the time taking in consideration it eventually got fixed.

Anyway a cheating player could be taking advantage at monster fighting, mining or harvesting spots, anything... The problem with online games like this is that the game has a limit of resources it "generate" over a given time frame, if a player is cheating to take shortcuts at anything, the said resources will be deduced from what will be available to non cheating players. Obvious argument anyway.

At this point, people still monopolize voidwalker NMs (mostly stuff for magian trials are affected by this currently). At least the "eye" cheat cannot be used for that anymore because the "walking" part of the nms behavior was moved to server side (aka: server no longer broadcast to all clients in the zone the position where the monster is at) which gives "normal" players more chances at a pop.

I'm a bit more depressed now than I was before I wrote this ... I suppose I'll go back to my mindless RoE sparks farming ... >.>
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-28 13:35:04  

Dont give up Slyshen!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-28 13:40:47  
Pantafernando said: »

Dont give up Slyshen Starcade!
ftfy
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-07-28 13:51:50  
Thank you, thank you! /bow
[+]
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-28 14:06:04  
Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
Excitement in Sea Serpent Grotto? See ya there! :)

Brings back fond memories of my first time being mpked by RMT.
I tried to move away from the hordes of sahagin running with Novv the whitehearted on my tail but Delightfu the chinese farmer was faster and links occured. I managed to CFH before sputtering my last breath but as I lay there I see it made no difference in the end.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-28 14:37:12  
Why can't I get a shoutout from Starcade anyway?

Damn you Draylo! What's your secret?
By Sieha1 2014-07-28 14:50:06  
another thread bites the dust etc...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-28 14:57:45  
Speaking of... I miss his frequent blogging... sadly he's posting like once a month now, was entertaining reads.
 Leviathan.Redherring
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-28 14:58:01  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Why can't I get a shoutout from Starcade anyway?

Come to leviathan, every time there is a update he seems to pop up so he can hope all the 3PP stuff is broken and be happy for the few hours that some of the stuff does not work.

Also i watched this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1152828/ , and all i could think of the whole time was starcade.
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-28 14:59:24  
On leviathan we also get the treat of his /yells about once a month.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-07-28 15:00:56  
Bismarck.Herzins said: »
Asura.Aikchan said: »
The fun is that they did something about FC parties.... But not about fishing bots....

What are FC parties?

Fell Cleave, as in the sale of exp for gil.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-07-28 15:01:06  
Let's not light the Starcade signal.
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-28 15:02:53  
On leviathan we like the starcade signal, we take shifts and make sure it is fully operational.
[+]