users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Getting a "fatal error" when Guildwork loads
Getting a "fatal error" when Guildwork loads
 Asura.Jezzus
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: L30x
By Asura.Jezzus 2014-06-02 13:22:46  
Whenever I load guild work, after it says initializing, a Windows Alert box will pop up titled "Fatal Error!" It says "Error creating child process!" I had an issue where I accidentally block GW on my firewall but I am pretty sure I removed everything involving Guildwork from the firewall. In fact I made exceptions for it after that didn't work. I deleted all of Guildwork from the Windower folder and reinstalled it too.

Any help would be appreciated. OS: Windows 7, Firewall: Comodo
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-02 13:40:03  
Not entirely sure where to start with this one, I checked it in game for you and it works fine for me, so it is definitely an isolated issue.

Does that Firewall have temporary files? or a manual option to allow the programme?

Have you tried uninstalling and re installing Guildwork in case the firewall caused an error to corrupt a file?

I know it's more than likely not these issues but it's where I would start in an attempt to narrow it down.

I would also try deactivating the firewall and just trying it to see if the firewall is blocking it, if it doesn't then your firewall may be an unrelated issue.
 Bahamut.Scizor
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-06-02 14:23:54  
Conagh has the right idea, disable Comodo temporarily and see if that helps
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-02 14:25:17  
I used to work in IT so I'm used to the normal issues with Firewalls :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-29 11:50:41  
Gonna sorta bump this up with 2 pieces of info and see if anyone else agrees/disagres etc.

Guildwork still gets/causes the fatal error with every mule log-in. I suspect that this is at least in part causing the mule crashes... If you log out of main and log in a mule;

1) guildwork will cause a fatal error.
2) it will attempt to reinitialize
3) it seems that if you log the mule out before it is able to do it usually crashes windower.

If you leave the mule logged in long enough for guildwork to give the welcome message, I can't recall the mule ever crashing upon logging to the next mule.

Sound right?