Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1236 1237 1238 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2016-02-04 10:05:42  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
You underestimate the significance of voting for the first female president. Voting for someone because of their sex/skin color is silly, but keep in mind some people are voting against them for these exact same reasons.

Upwards of 90% of blacks voted for Obama. Hillary won't even get close to that number with women.

That's right it will be more like 100% of 50% !

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-04 10:07:24  
You underestimate the significance of voting for the first female president. Voting for someone because of their sex/skin color is silly, but keep in mind some people are voting against them for these exact same reasons.

Upwards of 90% of blacks voted for Obama. Hillary won't even get close to that number with women.
Also, nowhere near the number of people voted against Obama because he was black, contrary to the liberal belief that anyone against Obama is racist.

I asked the question (I believe to Shiroi too) if I was racist because I didn't vote for Obama. Although I proved I wasn't, I still get called racist by certain people here.
By fonewear 2016-02-04 10:09:24  

Blacks are what, 15% of the population? Women are 50%. I wouldn't call it a stretch for her to get 60% of the women vote.

50% of women vote for 60% of Hillary 100% of the time divided by 2 !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-04 10:10:22  

Blacks are what, 15% of the population? Women are 50%. I wouldn't call it a stretch for her to get 60% of the women vote.
I would.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-02-04 10:13:52  

If black people make up 15% of the population how come I don't see them 15% of the time ?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 10:15:28  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
It wouldn't even make sense to pick Rubio since his whole campaign revolves around bashing the establishment. But Rubio wouldn't run with him, Paul wouldn't run with him, he would likely have to go completely off the grid to find a running mate like McCain did. I haven't decided who I am voting for yet, or if I will vote in the Presidential ballot.

The prospect of defrosting another Sarah Palin...

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-04 10:15:40  

Yeah, but consider the fact that black voters turned out in droves to support Obama. He got them out the door and to the polls. He also had 55% of the women vote. Remember when we were discussing Clinton's charisma levels? She won't get many of those same voters to the polls, and I don't think that a small margin in the women vote above Obama's will cut it.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-04 10:18:11  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Clinton is Obama v.2. Except without all the racial minority votes.
Or the charisma.
By fonewear 2016-02-04 10:21:18  
Hillary has a lot of charisma it is just buried under the 8 pounds of makeup she wears !

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 10:22:00  
Clinton is Obama v.2. Except without all the racial minority votes.

Sanders have a better shot at the presidency than Clinton does. And only because he wants to give out free stuff, so the stupid people (aka children barely old enough to vote and the layabouts) would vote for him.

Clinton has large support among blacks, much like *any* Democratic candidate running for POTUS. Also white, working women like Hillary. Sanders has young, white men and the wider youth vote. Hillary still has older voters.

Quote:
It wouldn't hold as much significance as voting for the first black president, which is pretty much the only reason why Obama won.

Then again, if people are willing to vote for somebody not based on their stances but because of the color of his/her skin....

Obama being the first black presidential candidate may have had some impact on voters but blacks vote Democratic anyway and McCain was still soundly defeated by losing the white, middle voters to Obama.

So keep making excuses about skin color, despite the GOP actively disparaging the guy for being black and having an Islamic middle name.
By fonewear 2016-02-04 10:28:25  
15% of the time women vote on women's issues 34% of the time but only when 100% of the candidates are women.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-04 10:32:26  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Obama being the first black presidential candidate may have had some impact on voters but blacks vote Democratic anyway and McCain was still soundly defeated by losing the white, middle voters to Obama....
Blacks turned out in record numbers for Obama. I dobut that either Hillary or Bernie can turn them out in those kind of numbers.

And frankly I can't see any of the GOP candidates being scary enough to blacks to turn them out in those kind of numbers either.

I am willing to be surprised.
By fonewear 2016-02-04 10:35:59  
It's going to be Martin O Malley vs Mike Huckabee calling it now.
By fonewear 2016-02-04 10:36:58  
Whoever wins will be the most white bread whitey since the last white President !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 10:38:24  
Maybe the GOP should stop disparaging blacks (among other non-whites) if they're so salty that when it comes to elections that Dems essentially get free votes. It's not that minorities wouldn't vote for a GOP candidate but when they so actively disparage you for existing I think you can see why it'd be hard to vote for such a person. I mean, with all the local Democratic corruption at the local levels you'd think that the GOP would see weakness and opportunity.

Mostly white guys here but would you vote for someone that claims you don't work, rape people on your spare time and are a drag on the economic prosperity of this 'fair' nation? Or attend a rally where people bring along racist placards? Right.

Rand Paul tried to get the younger minority vote but it's all too easy to use a minority group as a whipping boy to get the good old boys to turn up at the polls and it's become the calling card among extremists.

And before you dangle Herman Cain and Ben Carson as tokens of an inclusive GOP field, consider those two refuse to talk about the most important issues facing minorities for fear of upsetting an older, whiter base. Play up success, avoid anything uncomfortable is the modus operandi. You can be any color in the GOP so long as you talk in generalities not to offend anyone or rock the boat.

And conservatives complain about liberal, political correctness? Seems one might want to look inward from time to time.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-04 10:40:33  
Maybe the GOP should stop disparaging blacks (among other non-whites) if they're so salty that when it comes to elections that Dems essentially get free votes.
Can you give an example? Maybe I'm not looking at the right places, but it's been decades since I seen Republicans disparaging blacks.

Sure, you get an idiot every now and then, but it's not a Republican issue, and most certainly not a Republican-only issue. There are plenty of racist democrats/liberals out there. One even was voted into the White House.
By fonewear 2016-02-04 10:41:36  
Maybe the GOP should stop disparaging blacks (among other non-whites) if they're so salty that when it comes to elections that Dems essentially get free votes. It's not that minorities wouldn't vote for a GOP candidate but when they so actively disparage you for existing I think you can see why it'd be hard to vote for such a person. I mean, with all the local Democratic corruption at the local levels you'd think that the GOP would see weakness and opportunity.

Mostly white guys here but would you vote for someone that claims you don't work, rape people on your spare time and are a drag on the economic prosperity of this 'fair' nation? Or attend a rally where people bring along racist placards? Right.

Rand Paul tried to get the younger minority vote but it's all too easy to use a minority group as a whipping boy to get the good old boys to turn up at the polls and it's become the calling card among extremists.

And before you dangle Herman Cain and Ben Carson as tokens of an inclusive GOP field, consider those two refuse to talk about the most important issues facing minorities for fear of upsetting an older, whiter base. Play up success, avoid anything uncomfortable is the modus operandi. You can be any color in the GOP so long as you talk in generalities not to offend anyone or rock the boat.

And conservatives complain about liberal, political correctness? Seems one might want to look inward from time to time.

I think we need more white Presidents we had a streak going there !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 10:45:38  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Obama being the first black presidential candidate may have had some impact on voters but blacks vote Democratic anyway and McCain was still soundly defeated by losing the white, middle voters to Obama....
Blacks turned out in record numbers for Obama. I dobut that either Hillary or Bernie can turn them out in those kind of numbers.

And frankly I can't see any of the GOP candidates being scary enough to blacks to turn them out in those kind of numbers either.

Black voters always vote overwhelmingly for Democratic candidates. Naturally, Obama's historical element brought out voters who would have otherwise sat the election out but lets look at elections in the past:

Gore/Bush - 90/9
Kerry/Bush - 88/11
Obama/McCain - 95/4
Obama/Romney - 93/6

So yes, black voters will turn up for an Al Gore as much as they will for a Barack Hussain Obama.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 10:47:34  
Maybe the GOP should stop disparaging blacks (among other non-whites) if they're so salty that when it comes to elections that Dems essentially get free votes.
Can you give an example? Maybe I'm not looking at the right places, but it's been decades since I seen Republicans disparaging blacks.

Sure, you get an idiot every now and then, but it's not a Republican issue, and most certainly not a Republican-only issue. There are plenty of racist democrats/liberals out there. One even was voted into the White House.

See: Donald J. Trump, Republican frontrunner.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-04 10:48:25  

Black voters always vote overwhelmingly for Democratic candidates. Naturally, Obama's historical element brought out voters who would have otherwise sat the election out but lets look at elections in the past:

Gore/Bush - 90/9
Kerry/Bush - 88/11
Obama/McCain - 95/4
Obama/Romney - 93/6

So yes, black voters will turn up for an Al Gore as much as they will for a Barack Hussain Obama.
That really tells us nothing much.

How many of the black voters will sit out this election? What were the numbers (not the percentage) of voters in 2000 and 2004 compared to 2008 and 2012?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-04 10:49:35  

Only "racial" issues I see with Trump is against Muslims, not blacks.

Even then, it's more of a religious issue than racial. Unless you want to group all black people Muslims.
By fonewear 2016-02-04 10:50:14  
Who do black Muslims vote for though ? Hillary ?

Or Atheist Republicans that are black ? Jeb Bush ?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 10:51:45  

Only "racial" issues I see with Trump is against Muslims, not blacks.

Even then, it's more of a religious issue than racial. Unless you want to group all black people Muslims.

You understand that hate speech is hate speech right? This type of racial footballing is a key reason that the GOP has problems penetrating a message to minority groups.

When a guy calls Central Americans rapists and murderers to cheers then enjoys a boost in polls within the GOP it sends the message that this type of stuff is working. What does that say of your base? Lets not talk about race but promoting a ban on Muslims as policy isn't hate speech? Ah right, it's just politically incorrect.

My bad.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 10:55:41  

Gore/Bush - 90/9
Kerry/Bush - 88/11
Obama/McCain - 95/4
Obama/Romney - 93/6

That really tells us nothing much.

How many of the black voters will sit out this election? What were the numbers (not the percentage) of voters in 2000 and 2004 compared to 2008 and 2012?

Blacks will turn up for Clinton because the Clintons as an organization have done their homework in pushing hard for that voting bloc, especially among Southern blacks.

It's an area where Sanders at best has a Killer Mike trying to sway the youth voters towards him but where he's still mostly surrounded by young white voters.
By fonewear 2016-02-04 10:57:57  
I'm guessing Trump won't get the black Muslim vote it's shame I thought he had this election !
By fonewear 2016-02-04 10:59:43  
It's 2016 I thought we lived in a post racial society what's with all the labeling !

I don't know what this is but it looks important:

Oh ! I get it BLCK LIVES MATTER

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 11:02:16  
The only people who believe we live in a post racial society are the delusional who believe MLK took in all of Americas racism and then promptly died.
By fonewear 2016-02-04 11:04:19  
Delusional people on the internet where ? I don't see color I got that thing where your rods and cones are messed up.
First Page 2 3 ... 1236 1237 1238 ... 1375 1376 1377