Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 260 261 262 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-10 21:08:29  
Bloodrose said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It's sad that more conservatives believed that Stephen Colbert was a serious newscaster despite being a TV personality, and often took his word, however much it dripped with sarcasm and disdain, as the gospel truth.

And liberals actually believed that Obama would be a good president. People in general often get fooled by projecting on someone what they want them to be to be instead of seeing what they really are.
This is true, but based on previous modern presidents, could you really blame them for picking the lesser of two bad candidates (at the time of the elections?)

He wasn't the lesser of the two evils, but that's just opinion either way. Regardless, I don't blame people for voting for either candidate, it's their right. I blame people for being stupid enough to believe the hype.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-10 21:08:59  
Jetackuu said: »
Another 16 days and we get to see how the FCC votes on the new rules. I wonder how that is going to go.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but the fingers are crossed.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-10 21:09:25  
It's sad that more conservatives believed that Stephen Colbert was a serious newscaster despite being a TV personality, and often took his word, however much it dripped with sarcasm and disdain, as the gospel truth.

And liberals actually believed that Obama would be a good president. People in general often get fooled by projecting on someone what they want them to be to be instead of seeing what they really are.
This is true, but based on previous modern presidents, could you really blame them for picking the lesser of two bad candidates (at the time of the elections?)

He wasn't the lesser of the two evils, but that's just opinion either way. Regardless, I don't blame people for voting for either candidate, it's their right. I blame people for being stupid enough to believe the hype.
I didn't vote for him or Mcoldguy in 2008.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-10 21:09:55  
False hope is what gets me out of bed in the morning !

Today will be a day like every other day" -- D'oh! It just gets worse and worse.

Homer reading his fortune cookie.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-10 21:09:59  
Another 16 days and we get to see how the FCC votes on the new rules. I wonder how that is going to go.

Pro making internet a utility, or against?
By fonewear 2015-02-10 21:11:55  
With Obama as President I expect free internet !
By Bloodrose 2015-02-10 21:14:19  
I didn't say lesser of two evils for a specific reason - neither were "evil". Just bad candidates on both fronts. Only Romney was *slightly* worse, and couldn't debate for ***.

Granted, people had said prior, during, and after, Romney could have won if had not been some creepy looking puppet, and actually presented himself the way he should have. People lauded Romneycare during his tenure as Governor, and he should have run on it's success.

Either way, you're also right about people being stupid enough to believe the hype, no matter the candidate, or their angle.
By fonewear 2015-02-10 21:14:50  
Sartre "Hell is other people"

Me: Hell is repetition
By fonewear 2015-02-10 21:20:36  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73cxLiqc2U
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-10 21:21:31  
I didn't say lesser of two evils for a specific reason - neither were "evil". Just bad candidates on both fronts. Only Romney was *slightly* worse, and couldn't debate for ***.

Granted, people had said prior, during, and after, Romney could have won if had not been some creepy looking puppet, and actually presented himself the way he should have. People lauded Romneycare during his tenure as Governor, and he should have run on it's success.

Either way, you're also right about people being stupid enough to believe the hype, no matter the candidate, or their angle.

I dunno about his debating skills. He destroyed Obama in that first one, but got soft after that. I think that was simply bad strategy, not bad debating. As far as Romneycare goes, he should've ran on supporting individual state programs instead of backing off his own achievements. A shove-it-down-your-throat national plan was never the answer.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-10 21:21:48  

Completely empty promise that won't see reality.
By fonewear 2015-02-10 21:22:53  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Completely empty promise that won't see reality.

Empty promises story of my life !
By Bloodrose 2015-02-10 21:23:05  
The magic underwear bit was funny, so that could slide.

But the real problem, was Mcoldguy's batshit insane running partner who ran up enormous fees that went beyond her position as Governor of Alaska at the expense of the people.

Imagine if McCain had won, and croaked the day he got in office.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-10 21:25:54  
Hey if you had as much money as Romney who the hell would spend time with commoners ? I sure as hell wouldn't.

It was the commoners that obsessed over his money.

All politicians are rich and they act like Romney was the first one...
By Bloodrose 2015-02-10 21:27:45  

I dunno about his debating skills. He destroyed Obama in that first one, but got soft after that. I think that was simply bad strategy, not bad debating. As far as Romneycare goes, he should've ran on supporting individual state programs instead of backing off his own achievements. A shove-it-down-your-throat national plan was never the answer.
It wasn't meant to be a shove-it-down-your-throat national plan, but when push came to shove, Obama did come to a lot of compromises just to please the Republican representatives.

Also, Romney completely shutdown in the second debate. Going soft would be one thing - he still could have remained ahead if that were the case.

I mean, the best argument that evening, as hilarious as it still is, was that he had "binders full of women". Had no answer for anything else.

We do agree, that an individual state level health care option should have been looked at, and that he should have run on his achievements - rather than business models that don't have a place in government.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-10 21:28:34  

I'm for net neutrality to an extent, but I really don't trust that Wheeler guy or his plan. There's even an article on the Washington Post saying it's a bad idea.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-10 21:29:32  
I don't trust the FCC to know anything about the internet let alone what is best for the great unwashed people.

What the internet needs is competition not government regulation.

Less Twitter's and Facebook's more ISPS
By Jetackuu 2015-02-10 21:36:15  

not sure what debate you were watching...
By fonewear 2015-02-10 21:37:09  
This is dangerous we are discussion politics what is the occasion ?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-10 21:38:18  

I'm for net neutrality to an extent, but I really don't trust that Wheeler guy or his plan. There's even an article on the Washington Post saying it's a bad idea.
Definitely don't trust him, but what's wrong with the plan?

I doubt that the WP said it was bad, but more of one of their opinion writing heads.
By fonewear 2015-02-10 21:39:51  
When Hillary is an epic failure in 2016 you can quote this post.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-10 21:40:09  

not sure what debate you were watching...

The same one that caused this guy to have a meltdown over it.

[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-10 21:40:38  
I'm getting a chill up my spine just looking at him !

Obama is freedom damn it ! Freedom to elect an competent President not once but twice !
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-10 21:41:36  
fonewear said: »
I want to see what the GoP will put up, I wonder how it would really compare to a Household name.
By fonewear 2015-02-10 21:43:35  
God knows it has to be someone that might have a chance against the she devil herself.

Maybe if Harry Reid changed to a Republican...his level of insanity is close to Hillary.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-10 21:46:03  
fonewear said: »
I want to see what the GoP will put up, I wonder how it would really compare to a Household name.

Well heck, if you're aiming for a household name just run Kim K. instead.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-10 21:46:42  
She is rich and white that is pretty much all you need ! Plus she is attractive.

I'd vote for her country be damned !

A big *** and no personality will take you far in this world.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-10 21:47:19  
I thought Kim K. was a Bedroom name to confused little boys fapping to a pair of legs with duck lips kissing Kanye West.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 260 261 262 ... 1375 1376 1377