Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 267 268 269 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-11 10:58:17  
in 2015 we'll try to learn the same lesson we've been trying to learn since wwII...

these people don't want our help, & don't really need it. make these countries deal with their own problems for the next hundred years.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-11 10:58:21  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
It'd tarnish his legacy.
I find that hard to believe.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-11 10:58:55  
Ramyrez said: »
Ramyrez said: »
The problem is, his craft isn't "quality film making" his craft is "making buttloads of money for studios."

What's wrong with making bank? T1-2 are legendary status, Titanics practical effects are amazing for its day (actual setbuilding?!) and then again in the CGI arena with Avatar.

But not one of them is actually a good story. :p

Are we really looking for a compelling story in action movies? That's Cameron's genre afterall. I praised his practical work in his films (behind the scenes on all his films are a good watch) and his ability to deliver on what he's good at. Blockbusters.
By fonewear 2015-02-11 10:59:02  
Siren.Mosin said: »
in 2015 we'll try to learn the same lesson we've been trying to learn since wwII...

these people don't want our help, & don't really need it. make these countries deal with their own problems for the next hundred years.

But why won't you think of the children !
By Jetackuu 2015-02-11 10:59:40  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Right, let's give full time work to workers during times that there is only a need for temporary additional help (like holidays and such).

If you ever were to run a business, I would guarantee that you would be bankrupt within a year.
Tells what you know, they run these places with part time employees year round, not just in the holiday season, well except for January, nobody gets hours in January.

But I wouldn't want to run a retail chain, I have standards.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-11 10:59:57  

And yet we need "these people" in the global economy.
By fonewear 2015-02-11 11:00:27  

These people how dare you ! It's those people!
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-11 11:00:27  
fonewear said: »

I am! they can then realize it's their fathers/uncles/grandfathers *** up their region, & not the bogey man across the atlantic.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-11 11:01:17  
Actually I don't even know the difference between these and those thanks Obama.

And I don't wan to learn on a Wednesday damn it !
By Jetackuu 2015-02-11 11:01:19  
Is Costco suddenly bankrupt?
Shhh, we can't talk about companies who take pride in their workers and don't treat them like total ***, it disrupts the illusion that you have to treat people like ***to turn a profit.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 11:01:20  
We need to send in John Wick.

He's the guy you send in after the Boogey Man.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-02-11 11:01:47  

so they're not competent enough to handle their own issues?
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 11:02:34  
Costco does actually treat a majority of their workers like ***. At least in Canada.

They've been known to violate numerous work and safety laws.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-11 11:02:38  
Jetackuu said: »
Right, let's give full time work to workers during times that there is only a need for temporary additional help (like holidays and such).

If you ever were to run a business, I would guarantee that you would be bankrupt within a year.
Tells what you know, they run these places with part time employees year round, not just in the holiday season, well except for January, nobody gets hours in January.

But I wouldn't want to run a retail chain, I have standards.
Yeah, you obviously did not read the source material I gave.

You make it sound like everyone is part time when they work for a dead end job like retail sales.

Yes, a growing number of people's hours have been cut, but that doesn't mean that everyone is in the same boat. You are throwing every single business in the same bucket in your hatred because you only have a slim focus on what you want to see.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-11 11:03:13  

I am! they can then realize it's their fathers/uncles/grandfathers *** up their region, & not the bogey man across the atlantic.

Trust me, I'd love to watch the ME do it's own thing since I think that Israel can handle itself and the region should learn to handle its own jihadi idiots rather than play sectarian three card monty but we know that ain't happening.

Right now a whole staff of well paid spinsters are justifying our ground invasion against the ISIS. Prepare for another 10-15 years of war gents.

This time against Al Qaeda+1
By fonewear 2015-02-11 11:03:15  

so they're not competent enough to handle their own issues?

Clearly they are sophisticated young men and women that just need a nudge and a poke of democracy.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-11 11:04:22  
Jordan said they're gonna take care of ISIS.
With US aid of course.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 11:04:30  

Trust me, I'd love to watch the ME do it's own thing since I think that Israel can handle itself and the region should learn to handle its own jihadi idiots rather than play sectarian three card monty but we know that ain't happening.

Right now a whole staff of well paid spinsters are justifying our ground invasion against the ISIS. Prepare for another 10-15 years of war gents.

This time against Al Qaeda+1
Clearly we're invading the World of Darkness that threatens to consume all of Eorzea.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-11 11:04:42  
Bloodrose said: »
Costco does actually treat a majority of their workers like ***. At least in Canada.

Individual stores, most likely.

But I guess since we are branding everything in a group based on a few bad people, then humanity is ***and we must all kill ourselves because somebody murdered somebody today.
By fonewear 2015-02-11 11:04:45  
With US aid of course.

Is that the country or the basketball player ?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-11 11:06:05  
With US aid of course.

Is that the country or the basketball player ?

Nah, that Jordan is currently occupied challenging North Korea to a Space Jam.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 11:06:33  

But I guess since we are branding everything in a group based on a few bad people, then humanity is ***and we must all kill ourselves because somebody murdered somebody today.
It's not just individual stores - it's basically the same thing across all of Canada.

They also make employees, and potential employees jump through hurdles and mazes of red tape just to be considered for a promotion/job application, instead of basing it on good work, or applicable credentials on a resume.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-11 11:07:19  
Yeah, you obviously did not read the source material I gave.

You make it sound like everyone is part time when they work for a dead end job like retail sales.

Yes, a growing number of people's hours have been cut, but that doesn't mean that everyone is in the same boat. You are throwing every single business in the same bucket in your hatred because you only have a slim focus on what you want to see.
What "source material" ?

I'm well aware that not everyone is part time in retail work, but the trend that has been in place is that the full time positions are shrinking, part time are increasing, no benefits, no pride, no informed employees, no customer service.

At this point they should automate it and at least drop the guise that they give a ***about anything but profits.

The majority of businesses are throwing themselves in that bucket, not I. That is not my perception, that is reality.
By fonewear 2015-02-11 11:08:03  
Yea but health insurance for robots is expensive...
By Jetackuu 2015-02-11 11:09:10  

It's not just individual stores - it's basically the same thing across all of Canada.

They also make employees, and potential employees jump through hurdles and mazes of red tape just to be considered for a promotion/job application, instead of basing it on good work, or applicable credentials on a resume.
I know several people who work at the local one, they all love it, to be fair two of them are in the automotive section and have been for years.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-11 11:09:59  
Yea but health insurance for robots is expensive...

and when it's not paid up it makes the people who have to keep them functional go crazy.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-11 11:10:13  
What "source material" ?
Here.

Want me to hold your hand while you read it? It might be a little too advanced for you though.

I'm well aware that not everyone is part time in retail work, but the trend that has been in place is that the full time positions are shrinking, part time are increasing, no benefits, no pride, no informed employees, no customer service.
And companies are fully to blame for that, in your mind?
By Ramyrez 2015-02-11 11:10:39  
Nah, that Jordan is currently occupied challenging North Korea to a Space Jam.

I thought that was his teammate, Dennis ROD-MAN.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-11 11:10:55  
What "source material" ?
Here.

Want me to hold your hand while you read it? It might be a little too advanced for you though.

And companies are fully to blame for that, in your mind?
Yeah, you didn't post that before. Was looking at replies to me.

As to the second part: yes.

edit: I'm not taking the time to dig through that whole thing, I'm sure it includes corporate employees in that count, in which case, of course.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-11 11:11:04  
Oh, I know people who love working there too, but they still have their gripes about it.

They get steep discounts on products that are already at wholesale prices, but many of them have gone without a break for 12 hour shifts, because management is too busy sitting on their *** to take over for 15 minutes at a register.
First Page 2 3 ... 267 268 269 ... 1375 1376 1377