Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 834 835 836 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Soraishin 2015-08-06 20:14:21  
wonder what the next trump question gonna be, he done went in on the moderator lol
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 04:40:37  
Meanwhile in NK..

Pyongyang Standard Time
Quote:

North Korea is creating its own time zone, moving its clocks back by 30 minutes to mark the 70th anniversary of Korea's liberation from Japanese rule, the official KCNA news agency said on Friday.

North Korea is in the same time zone as rivals South Korea and Japan, nine hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time.

The change to what it calls "Pyongyang time" will become effective on Aug. 15 and return it to the time zone used across the Korean peninsula before Japanese rule.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un speaks in an undated photo released April 26, 2015, by North Korea's Korean Central News Agency.
KCNA | Reuters
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un speaks in an undated photo released April 26, 2015, by North Korea's Korean Central News Agency.

North Korea is creating its own time zone, moving its clocks back by 30 minutes to mark the 70th anniversary of Korea's liberation from Japanese rule, the official KCNA news agency said on Friday.

North Korea is in the same time zone as rivals South Korea and Japan, nine hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time.

The change to what it calls "Pyongyang time" will become effective on Aug. 15 and return it to the time zone used across the Korean peninsula before Japanese rule.

"The wicked Japanese imperialists committed such unpardonable crimes as depriving Korea of even its standard time while mercilessly trampling down its land with 5,000 year-long history and culture and pursuing the unheard-of policy of obliterating the Korean nation," KCNA said
Bolded is a bit funny.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-07 06:56:39  
Male Privilege Tax

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2015-08-07 07:24:56  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Meanwhile in NK..

Pyongyang Standard Time
Quote:

"The wicked Japanese imperialists committed such unpardonable crimes as depriving Korea of even its standard time while mercilessly trampling down its land with 5,000 year-long history and culture and pursuing the unheard-of policy of obliterating the Korean nation," KCNA said
Bolded is a bit funny.

Is this like Indonesia giving KJU a peace prize and saying all the "bad things" about him are lies by the imperialist west?

The situation would be funny if there weren't countless people suffering for his absolute *** life. What a human sack of pig ***.

Edit: Though, in fairness, Japan did brutally murder and defile a lot of Koreans in their time; and they also were kinda jerks during their little romp through China.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 07:43:36  
I'm just saying that changing the standard time isn't exactly an "unpardonable crime" lol, it's kinda hilarious to define that part as such.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-07 07:49:24  
I'm just saying that changing the standard time isn't exactly an "unpardonable crime" lol, it's kinda hilarious to define that part as such.

Yeah. Well, that's why I made fun of them first before throwing in a bit of history.

You know what a bigger crime is? Daylight Savings Time. It's 2015. Just leave it on *** standard time, America!
By Jetackuu 2015-08-07 07:49:32  
That one is a hoot.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-07 08:14:30  
Ramyrez said: »
You know what a bigger crime is? Daylight Savings Time. It's 2015. Just leave it on *** standard time, America!
Why? Because you have daylight for one more hour?

Or would you rather be woken up at 5 A.M. when the sun starts to rise?
By Ramyrez 2015-08-07 08:16:56  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Why? Because you have daylight for one more hour?

Or would you rather be woken up at 5 A.M. when the sun starts to rise?

It's just an outmoded concept anymore. It's entirely unnecessary.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 08:19:24  
It's been researched multiple times that DST doesn't really help save any energy at all. It is just a pointless annoyance at this point.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-07 08:21:22  
I believe the biggest argument for it these days is (literally) "think of the children!"

Candy companies, for ***'s sake, are its biggest advocates/lobbyists because of Halloween and them wanting optimal amounts of little kids out there gathering candy to shove into their faces to boost their sales.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 08:22:08  
I believe the biggest argument for it these days is (literally) "think of the children!"

Candy companies, for ***'s sake, are its biggest advocates/lobbyists because of Halloween and them wanting optimal amounts of little kids out there gathering candy to shove into their faces to boost their sales.
o_ò

um..no..
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-07 08:24:32  
It's just an outmoded concept anymore. It's entirely unnecessary.
Here here.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-07 08:27:14  

o_ò

um..no..

Obviously this wasn't always the case. But present-day?

How Retailers Got American Kids An Extra Hour To Trick-Or-Treat On Halloween
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-07 08:29:08  
And here I was thinking the point of DST was to offset the change in daylight caused by the Earth gaining distance from the Sun.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 08:29:34  
Yeah but US isn't the only place using dst. Over here we use it and trick or treat does not exist.

Clearly that is not the reason why nations use dst. It is because of the belief - likely wrong - that it helps save energy.
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-08-07 08:33:46  
DST gives me an extra hour of daylight in the summer to play outside with my kid after work.

I'll trade every last one of all y'all's tears for that. DST forever, yo.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-07 08:37:02  
Yeah but US isn't the only place using dst. Over here we use it and trick or treat does not exist.

Clearly that is not the reason why nations use dst. It is because of the belief - likely wrong - that it helps save energy.

Again. I just said. It was not the impetus for it. But they're presently the biggest advocates of it, or at least the most invested in it (literally). It's no longer functional in a fashion of saving lamp oil or making sure Johnny has time to do his work on the farm before goin' to get that book learin'.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-08-07 08:37:14  
Drama Torama said: »
DST gives me an extra hour of daylight in the summer to play outside with my kid after work.

RED
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-07 08:37:56  

Fine, keep in in savings time vs. non. I really don't care either way.

Switching back and forth is just an antiquated concept though!
By Ramyrez 2015-08-07 08:38:11  
Grumpy Cat said: »

RED

That is so two days ago. Get with the now!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-07 08:39:22  
It is because of the belief - likely wrong - that it helps save energy.
I don't know where you get this "helps save energy" ***, especially since an extra hour during the day means an extra hour of the AC running at full arctic blast just to keep the room at 80 degrees. Especially in the southern part of the US where it gets really hot during the day, not like those "OMG it's 90 degrees out today" wimps up north like in Pennsylvania.....
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 08:39:31  
they're presently the biggest advocates of it
It still makes no sense for the rest of the world, so to me that seems like pretty bad explanation nonetheless.
Guide Maker
By Seha 2015-08-07 08:40:39  
I don't know where you get this "helps save energy" ***, especially since an extra hour during the day means an extra hour of the AC running at full arctic blast just to keep the room at 80 degrees. Especially in the southern part of the US where it gets really hot during the day, not like those "OMG it's 90 degrees out today" wimps up north like in Pennsylvania.....
I did say it has been researched and found to be wrong. But that is the reason why they use it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-07 08:40:44  

Again. I just said. It was not the impetus for it. But they're presently the biggest advocates of it, or at least the most invested in it (literally). It's no longer functional in a fashion of saving lamp oil or making sure Johnny has time to do his work on the farm before goin' to get that book learin'.
Everything is a corporate ploy to you, isn't it?

Stubbing your toe on the end of the couch is really Band-aid's way of making money to you, isn't it?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-07 08:42:05  
Seha said: »
I did say it has been researched and found to be wrong. But that is the reason why they use it.
If you are talking about what was believed to be back in the late 1700s, that model is very outdated and nobody (at least in Texas) uses that excuse at all.

Nor do they use the whole "working longer" excuse because most everyone has a job that runs in a specific time (aka 8-5).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 08:42:24  
It's become cultural by now though and god knows if you remove it people will lose their ***(for no reason).
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-07 09:05:17  

Everything is a corporate ploy to you, isn't it?

Stubbing your toe on the end of the couch is really Band-aid's way of making money to you, isn't it?

Who took a dump in your Cheerios/grits/whatever the hell Texas eats for breakfast today?

I just gave you an unbiased news source stating that retail/food companies actively lobby to not just keep DST around, but to move the changes so that it has a favorable effect for them.

Really I'm not even saying that's bad within context; if we have to keep it, we may as well stimulate the economy with it.

Also: 90 degrees in 70-95% humidity is too damn hot. My a/c gets turned on once the mercury cracks 70 degrees and I don't want to hear about it, Mr. I-live-where-a-quarter-inch-of-snow disables us!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-07 09:15:53  
I think a much more pressing matter would be for all countries that still use Farenheit, to stop using it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-07 09:17:43  
A page of arguing about DST? Well, I guess it's different from the normal stuff, so I'll let this one slide.

I think a much more pressing matter would be for all countries that still use Farenheit, to stop using it.

Only if everyone switches to Kelvin.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 834 835 836 ... 1375 1376 1377