Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 856 857 858 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 11:44:53  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It's already clear that's she's lied several times about what was on her e-mail. She's already been found to have had classified information where it was not allowed to be. We know that she wiped a server clean after being asked to turn it over the first time. The FBI not coming out and saying directly that it's a criminal investigation is a matter of courtesy because of her position, not because it's not actually a criminal investigation.

You think it's clear, it isn't.

The FBI isn't coming out and saying it because it isn't accurate. I'll give it credit though, it makes good headlines.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 11:45:15  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Yeah, no, not really. They are investigating a possible security risk not a person. The goal of the investigation is to recover the classified data and determine how/why it was handled the way it was.

It totally makes sense to only investigate a possible security risk and not the person who directly caused it by breaching protocol.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 11:46:23  
Yeah, no, not really. They are investigating a possible security risk not a person. The goal of the investigation is to recover the classified data and determine how/why it was handled the way it was.

It totally makes sense to only investigate a possible security risk and not the person who directly caused it by breaching protocol.

You have to determine a crime took place before you can investigate somebody for the crime.

Also: protocol wasn't breached.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-18 11:46:43  
It's on now, camera catches Hillary rolling her eyes at "Black lives matter" protesters.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 11:51:49  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
It's on now, camera catches Hillary rolling her eyes at "Black lives matter" protesters.
#handsupdon'tloot
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 11:52:41  
Jetackuu said: »

LOL. Yeah, I'm sure she was following the rules to the T.

Quote:
At the very least, her use of the private account is alarming to both current and former National Archives and Records Administration officials as well as government watchdogs who have called it a serious breach of protocol and transparency.

Everyone knows it was a breach of protocol but the deniers, apparently.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-18 11:53:52  

At that point in time, it wasn't strictly against protocol, and she as the head of the state department, determined the protocol. The reason it's not a criminal investigation is because ex post facto laws are strictly prohibited by the Constitution.

I agree that it was a stupid decision to keep a private email server and conduct state department business through it, and I agree her cooperation hasn't been becoming of someone seeking office, but there is a very clear definition of CRIMINAL for very good reason in this country. Dispensing with that because you don't like someone is exactly the kind of nonsense this country was founded in opposition of.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 11:56:24  

Quote:
At the very least, her use of the private account is alarming to both current and former National Archives and Records Administration officials as well as government watchdogs who have called it a serious breach of protocol and transparency.

But she was, or can you find the protocol that it was in violation of at the time?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 12:01:16  

Quote:

But she was, or can you find the protocol that it was in violation of at the time?

Quote:
It would have been a violation of the NARA's rules in the Code of Federal Regulations for Clinton to use personal email exclusively, Metcalfe said. The code requires federal agencies to make and preserve records that duly document agency activity, so that they are readily available when needed -- such as for FOIA requests or congressional inquiries. Using personal email exclusively is contrary to proper record preservation.

"Anyone at NARA would have said you can’t use a personal email account for all of your official business," said Metcalfe, who held his position in part during former President Bill Clinton’s administration.

Google is your friend.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 12:03:03  

Quote:

Quote:
It would have been a violation of the NARA's rules in the Code of Federal Regulations for Clinton to use personal email exclusively, Metcalfe said. The code requires federal agencies to make and preserve records that duly document agency activity, so that they are readily available when needed -- such as for FOIA requests or congressional inquiries. Using personal email exclusively is contrary to proper record preservation.

"Anyone at NARA would have said you can’t use a personal email account for all of your official business," said Metcalfe, who held his position in part during former President Bill Clinton’s administration.

Google is your friend.
Hence why her emails were given to the state department, complying.

Next?
By Ramyrez 2015-08-18 12:03:41  
Google is your friend.

That's what Google keeps telling me, insisting I drink the drink it mixed for me.

I'm not convinced.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 12:05:37  
Ramyrez said: »
Google is your friend.

That's what Google keeps telling me, insisting I drink the drink it mixed for me.

I'm not convinced.

It's my overlord, I've long accepted this fact.

I just hope it doesn't smite me for not using Chrome or Google+ or hangouts.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 12:06:18  

Quote:

Quote:

Google is your friend.
Hence why her emails were given to the state department, complying.

Next?

Quote:
In response to a State Department request last year, Clinton turned over 55,000 pages of emails and documents from her private email server, leaving out emails and documents that she said were of a personal nature, like wedding and funeral plans. She later said she deleted these personal emails.

Cox said the fact that Clinton’s staff -- rather than a State Department federal records officer -- chose which emails to destroy is "honestly breathtaking." Her private employees don’t have the authority to decide what does or doesn’t count as a federal record. Further, when she was making these choices, she was acting as a private citizen, not a government employee.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-18 12:06:36  
It's the kinder, gentler evil overlord for me, it's true.

I use Chrome. I don't have a need for hangouts and, well. NO ONE uses Google+ except where you're forced to for other Google ventures, do they?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 12:06:53  
You're making this too easy on me. If you can't see all the problems here, you've got blinders on.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-18 12:08:41  

I use Chrome. I don't have a need for hangouts and, well. NO ONE uses Google+ except where you're forced to for other Google ventures, do they?

Eh, google+ has some nice features for business stuff. You're also forced to use it to manage Youtube stuff. When it came out, it was terrible, though.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 12:08:46  
You're making this too easy on me. If you can't see all the problems here, you've got blinders on.
That's a matter of opinion. All I see is you failing at another phoney scandal.

I did see a problem, they closed the problem. Time to move on.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-18 12:09:44  

Speeding or failing to signal is a violation of the law, but it is not CRIMINAL. That's the big distinction here.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 12:11:22  
Time to move on.

Time to move on to a new candidate? I can live with that.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 12:12:42  

Eh, google+ has some nice features for business stuff. You're also forced to use it to manage Youtube stuff. When it came out, it was terrible, though.

Yeah, never did like the change to the youtube comments sections.

Still is rather rough.

I like my google voice, although not getting MMS on my phone is annoying (still get it via email).

However it does make me not have to worry about the stagefright exploit.

I like many of their services, and well at least they have a sense of humor:

YouTube Video Placeholder

etc.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-18 12:16:15  

Speeding or failing to signal is a violation of the law, but it is not CRIMINAL. That's the big distinction here.

Play semantics all you want, but this goes way beyond speeding or failing to signal. In any case, it's a glaring pock mark on her candidacy, and the mere fact that so many voters are willing to look past this and everything else shady that she's been involved in is somewhat sickening.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 12:17:47  

Play semantics all you want, but this goes way beyond speeding or failing to signal. In any case, it's a glaring pock mark on her candidacy, and the mere fact that so many voters are willing to look past this and everything else shady that she's been involved in is somewhat sickening.

It's not that I am willing to look past it, I just frankly don't give a damn.

Then again I wouldn't vote for her anyway.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-18 12:19:11  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

When you've got nothing to add, post stupid pictures...
Trying to help you out a little.

You know, showing that you have your head in the sand. Thought you might get it, but I guess that went over your head.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-18 12:22:18  
I did see a problem, they closed the problem.
The problem still exists, and she's running for the highest office now.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-18 12:23:36  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I did see a problem, they closed the problem.
The problem still exists, and she's running for the highest office now.
Your definition of the "problem" and mine aren't the same thing.

I honestly would dare say that being on the SC would be "higher" just because it's for life.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-18 12:25:38  
I honestly would dare say that being on the SC would be "higher" just because it's for life.
Possibly.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-18 12:25:51  
Yeah, never did like the change to the youtube comments sections.

YouTube has a comments section?

Last time I looked below a video I thought a lunatic with Touret's and a thesaurus of vulgarity hacked their site and began spewing obscenities and nonsensical rage.

(YouTube is best viewed with comments ignored.)
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-18 12:27:12  

Agreed. I mean, look at that buffoon Scalia. Speaking of being for life, shouldn't a lifetime of Italian-American face stuffing have ischemia catching up with him by now?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-18 12:27:25  
YouTube is best viewed with comments ignored.
That's internet heresy man.

What would news stories (Yahoo in particular) and videos be without the comments? Sometimes those are the best parts.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 856 857 858 ... 1375 1376 1377