Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 861 862 863 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-19 05:41:57  
Three places where quality of life is top tier! Wb lordgrim lol
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-19 05:49:02  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Or are you one of those people who still think we're in a recession and that unemployment is really high?
I don't have to think it, I can just look at the Federal Reserve numbers and see how the economy hasn't even remotely recovered and is actually doing very poorly.

Sectors of the economy (I don't remember exactly which ones offhand) have already reported being in a recession. Things are gradually getting worse all across the board.

There's a reason why interest rates are still at 0% since 2008, and it's not because the economy has recovered. It's because it still hasn't recovered even remotely enough to return to pre-recession levels.

If you want to believe the spin the current administration keeps putting on things in order to sooth the worries of speculators and high end investors, go right ahead. But the facts are there, and it's not even remotely good.

We were in a recession.

We're out of a recession (and have been for years).

To you that's "hasn't recovered at all."

Got it.

To even think that the economy can be simplified in the way you just did is ludicrous.
You missed the whole point. Try again.

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The proper organizations should do whatever they feel is necessary, but using this as a political tool is just a distraction.
That's the Clinton defense. The FBI has publicly stated otherwise.
No, they haven't.
Rather than cite the obvious source that states what I said, I'll just take a page out of your book and say, "Yes they have."

The Clinton's defense is that the investigation and media attention is a partisan (political) tool.

The FBI has stated what they are doing. Nowhere have they stated that there is a political motivation behind it.

I didn't miss your point, I'm just saying that you have no idea what you're talking about. Nor do I really give a ***what a guy who has moved out of the country to Siberia Serbia (damn early mornings) says about our economy in the US.

As for the Clinton thing: No, they haven't. I never said that the FBI was leading a political assassination attempt against Hillary you inferred that incorrectly. I'm well aware of what they're doing and I've said just that a few times now. The only part that you don't have accurate in your description however is that they've flagged 300+ emails for review for possible classified information, not what you said here:

now that they have reason to believe somewhere around 300 (maybe more now) possible contents of emails were labeled as classified or top secret (whatever they're calling it)
By Jetackuu 2015-08-19 05:49:27  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I thought you were at the beach.
Nvm.
By charlo999 2015-08-19 06:11:38  
charlo999 said: »
China is falling first as one of the biggest exporters and losers, as it sets in the money they have been propping up is worthless and unredeemable.
Nah not really at all.

China's only problem is their slowdown in growth which has dropped to only 7%. It wasn't as high as they expected and/or wanted to continue down the path they laid out. So now they have to adjust, which is China's weak spot in terms of change relative to speed. Slow to adjust and minuscule changes during that slow process.

This is an effect not the cause.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-19 06:14:06  
I didn't miss your point, I'm just saying that you have no idea what you're talking about. Nor do I really give a ***what a guy who has moved out of the country to Siberia says about our economy in the US.
That's your own prejudice and self-loathing mixed with ignorance.

Not my fault your narrow view of the world has you confuse Belgrade, Serbia, a cultural capital of Eastern Europe, with the cold mostly undeveloped vast lands of Russia. Which by the way is split between east and west, where the east is a thriving and developing area in which many nations are invested in, including the U.S.

Never mind the fact I'm technically employed by a company in Texas, operating and working for in part of the interests of the U.S. and China while also paying [U.S.] taxes for those who don't want to work and leech off the government instead.

Nice passive-aggressive attack on me to side step the topic at hand, would have been better if you had any clue on any facts about me or were even willing to look at the facts on the issue.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-19 06:21:30  
China is falling first as one of the biggest exporters and losers, as it sets in the money they have been propping up is worthless and unredeemable.
Nah not really at all.

China's only problem is their slowdown in growth which has dropped to only 7%. It wasn't as high as they expected and/or wanted to continue down the path they laid out. So now they have to adjust, which is China's weak spot in terms of change relative to speed. Slow to adjust and minuscule changes during that slow process.

This is an effect not the cause.
The slower growth is an effect of other causes, yes. However, it's a little more complex than just 'propping up is worthless and unredeemable [sic].' Which isn't true at all.

In reality RMB acceptance has been expanding globally at a good rate for almost a year now. You then have many nations, including western nations such as the U.K., joining the AIIB.

The ~3% (don't have the figures in front of me atm) devaluation was a brief monetary correction with minor correlation to their [temporary] slowing economy.
By charlo999 2015-08-19 06:36:37  
The slowing down in growth from the producers is directly tied with the value of the currency of the buyers. Confidence in the buyers currency is dwindling as producing countries realise the money is not worth anything. So the exporting is obviously going to slow down as these buyers currency devalues in its buying power.
This in turn affects China on the amount it exports. Ie;less. Meaning a slow down in growth obviously.
To counteract this they have devalued their own currency so the buyers can afford to import more again. It is artificial and can't be sustained. A smokescreen.
As this shows that all currencies, will, and are affecting each other in a domino effect.
Trumpeting and confusing people using the numbers and lingo describing the effect isn't helping anyone.

The system is in simple terms a pyramid scheme. By greedy people that has got out of hand. Maybe that's why there's a pyrimid on the bill idk.
But like all pyrimid schemes once you run out of people to sell it to it collapses. The last few years have simply been attempts to prop it up. But it is inevitable.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-19 06:46:51  
Meanwhile in CA:

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2015/08/18/illegal-aliens-in-office-locals-slam-city-praise-donald-trump/#disqus_thread

The Huntington Park City Council in southeast Los Angeles faced a massive public backlash Monday night against the August 3 appointment of two illegal aliens to city commissions. Outraged local residents filled a packed council meeting to overflowing in protest at the council’s move.

As Breitbart News reported earlier this month, Julian Zatarain, 21, was appointed to the Huntington Park parks and recreation commission, while Francisco Medina, 29, received appointment to the health and education commission.

Public comment at the city meeting was opened up on Monday to both those in support of, and opposition to, the controversial appointments.

Speakers approached the podium for three minutes apiece.

Francisco Rivera, who has lived in the Huntington Park area for 35 years, told the council that he opposes the appointments of the illegal aliens.

“How can we be a great nation when we reward people that come to this nation illegally?” Rivera said. “There’s a difference between a legal immigrant and an illegal immigrant.”

He added: “If I’m hungry and if I’m starving and if I break into somebody’s house illegally, I’m going to go to jail. But if I go and knock on somebody’s door and say, ‘Ma’am, I’m really hungry, could you please do me a favor, could you please make me a sandwich?’ That’s the proper way, to ask for something. You shouldn’t get rewarded by breaking a law.”

Rivera, who volunteers in the community cleaning up graffiti, addressed the council while still wearing his reflective vest and carrying his work gloves.

“Not every immigrant that is here, is here illegally and that’s the difference. There’s a right way to do things and a wrong way,” Rivera told the council. “It’s not fair for guys like me.”

Rivera spoke with Breitbart News (below), insisting that “American lives do matter”:
By fonewear 2015-08-19 06:51:33  
Maybe if I go to Mexico illegally they can appoint me mayor of Tijuana !
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-19 07:20:49  
I didn't miss your point, I'm just saying that you have no idea what you're talking about. Nor do I really give a ***what a guy who has moved out of the country to Siberia says about our economy in the US.

Not my fault your narrow view of the world has you confuse Belgrade, Serbia, a cultural capital of Eastern Europe, with the cold mostly undeveloped vast lands of Russia. Which by the way is split between east and west, where the east is a thriving and developing area in which many nations are invested in, including the U.S.

Never mind the fact I'm technically employed by a company in Texas, operating and working for in part of the interests of the U.S. and China while also paying [U.S.] taxes for those who don't want to work and leech off the government instead.

Nice passive-aggressive attack on me to side step the topic at hand, would have been better if you had any clue on any facts about me or were even willing to look at the facts on the issue.

Not at all, but that's me typing fast while getting ready this morning. I know the difference between Siberia and Serbia, my mistake on that though.

But your bias is showing. (btw it wasn't an attack, it was merely an observation, and who you work for is moot).
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-08-19 07:33:41  

Boy, people sure do love bypassing suspensions, don't they. Lordgrim Mk II nuked, you can come back when your suspension is over, not before.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-08-19 07:40:10  
Drama Torama said: »

Boy, people sure do love bypassing suspensions, don't they. Lordgrim Mk II nuked, you can come back when your suspension is over, not before.
He's gonna write a protest song about you and insist it be posted in the Random Lyrics thread when he gets back. It's my dream to be immortalized in song but Taylor Swift won't return my calls.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-19 07:51:44  

Not at all, but that's me typing fast while getting ready this morning. I know the difference between Siberia and Serbia, my mistake on that though.

But your bias is showing. (btw it wasn't an attack, it was merely an observation, and who you work for is moot).
If you want to disagree with me and the facts I present, that's fine in terms of a discussion.

But using the pretense of I having moved outside the U.S. as a method to dismiss the argument by claiming I have no idea what I'm talking about (and you don't give a ***, then why start this argument in the firs place?) is downright offensive to all American citizens who have done so as well. Especially government employees such as ambassadors.

Never mind the fact that my actual work revolves around knowing these topics extensively and providing citations and data from government sources.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-19 07:59:22  
If you want to disagree with me and the facts I present, that's fine in terms of a discussion.

But using the pretense of I having moved outside the U.S. as a method to dismiss the argument by claiming I have no idea what I'm talking about is downright offensive to all American citizens who have done so as well. Especially government employees such as ambassadors.

Never mind the fact that my actual work revolves around knowing these topics extensively and providing citations and data from government sources.

Lol, no it isn't.

I say you don't know what you're talking about because you don't. The economy's strength is increasing not declining, the first quarter of the year wasn't so hot, but that's just one quarter.

But to say we're at the same place or worse than we were in 2008 is outright false. edit: or even close.

You started this by saying something that was outright untrue, I corrected you and you had a fit about it. I'll take it that we won't agree on this though, and let's move on.

Anyone have some whiskey?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-19 08:15:01  
Anyone have some whiskey?
That's the smartest thing I've heard all day.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-19 08:31:47  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The 47% remark is a good example of why the GOP candidates can't argue issues.

Oh if only we also had hidden cameras and spies at some of President Obama's millionaire fundraising parties, particularly the one at George Clooney's mansion. The reason is how low Democrats are willing to go to win elections and the lies they will tell.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-19 08:37:29  
Anna Ruthven said: »

He's gonna write a protest song about you and insist it be posted in the Random Lyrics thread when he gets back. It's my dream to be immortalized in song but Taylor Swift won't return my calls.

He broke up with Taylor Swift, and she didn't write a song bitching about it. He is the Most Interesting Man in the World.™

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-08-19 09:26:05  
fonewear said: »
If Hillary any politician was honest I think I'd drop dead from shock.
Fixed.

Last honest politician I remember was Sen. Ed Muskie of Maine. He was the last senator who was not a millionaire when he retired.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-08-19 09:34:38  
I knew a few people, Democrats, back when Hillary was seeking the 2008 nomination who had anti-Hillary bumper stickers. As soon as Obama got the nomination vs McCain, those stickers were either covered up with "nObama" stickers or McCain/Palin 2008 stickers. Funny how that worked.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-19 09:37:57  
Nah not really at all.

I was actually surprised how quickly they lowered their currency. I thought they would have taken 2-3 months to do so, but they did it within a week and just enough to help with exports again. They're still slow on making the changes needed to be added to the IMF basket, but I don't blame them.

A big chunk of the chinese economy is essentially reliant on explosive expansion. Their growth slowing hits them pretty hard. Look at the cities they've built that nobody even lives in. You can't sustain that kind of growth even with 1.2 billion people. They said they're trying to make the Yuan more tempting for the IMF, but who knows. China is the root of a lot of monetary conspiracy theories.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-19 10:01:51  
Odin.Jassik said: »
China is the root of a lot of monetary conspiracy theories.
That's definitely true to the point you made me laugh out loud for real.
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-08-19 10:29:10  
A big chunk of the chinese economy is essentially reliant on explosive expansion

That's a little insensitive, wouldn't you say?
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-08-19 10:33:42  
A big chunk of the chinese economy is essentially reliant on explosive expansion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monocrystalline_silicon
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-19 10:38:23  
A big chunk of the chinese economy is essentially reliant on explosive expansion

Too soon?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-19 10:39:14  
In this day and age, you'd be hard pressed to find a place that hasn't had some kind of explosion recently...
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2015-08-19 10:41:33  

Too soon?

A little. I can never resist a pun, though.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-19 11:33:45  
Vectivus said: »
That's not a misinterpreted statement. If corporations are protected by the same laws of people as the supreme Court said they have first amendment rights in the ruling. Then there should be thousands of law suits over slavery and murder and cannibalism by these newly created persons. Hell you can even look at the corporate personhood which is not related to citizens United but is a gateway law to further give more rights and powers to corporations. I always thought the United States of America was a republic built on a constitution. But it seems it got bought out by all these big money interest that it truly is a oligarchy. I'm outraged
And it is that statement that convinced me that there is no point in discussing law with you, as no matter what I say, you will just continue to babble on needlessly.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-08-19 11:53:55  
Ramyrez said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »

He broke up with Taylor Swift, and she didn't write a song bitching about it. He is the Most Interesting Man in the World.™

Taylor Swift jokes...Funny, but low hanging fruit. I mean, we could also include The Clash, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Muddy Waters, The Beatles, Prince, Ben Folds, Mack Morrison, PM Dawn, and so on and so forth in the the bitching about break-ups category.

I thought you like music geekin'. Poor Tater-Tot.

EDIT: Not that it really matters, but I never understood that argument. Interwebs™.

/shrug
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-08-19 12:12:01  
Hamas arrests dolphin accused of being an Israeli spy
The Week

Quote:
The militant Palestinian group Hamas has "arrested" a dolphin discovered off the Gaza coast and accused it of being no Flipper. In fact, the organization believes the dolphin is actually an Israeli spy.

For real though: Army Radio reported that the dolphin was decked out with "spying equipment," including cameras, when it was captured by Hamas' naval unit. While The Times of Israel reports that the Israeli Navy has a fleet of "dolphin-class submarines," Hamas was definitely talking about an actual dolphin.

Israel is so often accused of animal espionage that an entire "Israel-related animal conspiracy theories" Wikipedia page exists. However, since dolphins are some of the smartest mammals on the planet, perhaps they are more likely to actually be spies than, say, the "trained sharks" that Israel allegedly used to target Egypt.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 861 862 863 ... 1375 1376 1377