Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 870 871 872 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-24 17:18:51  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Too bad you won't direct that at all politicians.

Not making excuses, but rather asking for consistency.
We're not talking about other politicians though. The question was directed at Obama and the ACA. Not a very good deflection.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-24 17:41:59  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

We're not talking about other politicians though. The question was directed at Obama and the ACA. Not a very good deflection.

Exactly. On top of that, Chaosx tends to fall less along party lines than most of the regulars here, so suggesting that he's a one-sided partisan hack is completely unwarranted.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-24 18:08:51  
So the fact that health insurance companies and drug manufacturers donated a ton of money to both of Obama's campaigns isn't sneaky?

Just business as usual.

I would look at as more of a show of good faith. Better to make friends with the guy that's pushing to fundamentally change how you do business and maybe have a say in how the law is written. That said, I'd be curious to see how much they donated to McCain. It's not at all unusual for big money interest groups to paint both sides of the field.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-24 18:15:43  
Ramyrez said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Por que trabajar cuando se puede pasar todo su tiempo con los locos de ffxiah.com?

Pero alguien tiene que pagar las cuentas, mientras que los americanos perezosos no hacen ningún trabajo!
這就是中國人的東西。你知道嗎,國際奴隸制和所有廢話。
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-24 18:17:34  

Exactly. On top of that, Chaosx tends to fall less along party lines than most of the regulars here, so suggesting that he's a one-sided partisan hack is completely unwarranted.

Funding politicians has little to do with party lines and most to do with politics.
But voting falls more in place with party lines and less about politics.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2015-08-24 18:56:44  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Really?

What's the explaination for standing in front of millions with:

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."?

Ignorance?
Ignorance is when you ignore the rest of what was said. You know, the stuff about grandfathering in old plans, as long as they didn't suddenly change after the ACA was implemented.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-24 19:00:36  
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Really?

Ignorance?
Ignorance is when you ignore the rest of what was said. You know, the stuff about grandfathering in old plans, as long as they didn't suddenly change after the ACA was implemented.

The grandfathering was also fairly short lived. It was originally supposed to last as long as the plan remained the same, but the dragged out the implementation and froze the cost of plans, so insurance companies just started changing minuscule little things to break out of those clauses or reduce cost on their end and billed it as an ACA requirement.
By Jetackuu 2015-08-24 19:02:04  
"Oh your plan is no longer covered"

"what isn't covered on it?"

"uh, uh, crap"

There's that scenario too.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-24 19:03:12  
Really?

Ignorance?
Suddenly change like any increase in premiums, even though the rise of healthcare was increasing rapidly?

That's part of the guidelines implemented in losing "grandfathered" status. Once the premiums increased by $1 or more, they lose their grandfathered status. So, nice try.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-24 19:15:15  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Really?

Ignorance?
Suddenly change like any increase in premiums, even though the rise of healthcare was increasing rapidly?

That's part of the guidelines implemented in losing "grandfathered" status. Once the premiums increased by $1 or more, they lose their grandfathered status. So, nice try.

Premium changes did not exclude plans from existing within the grandfather clause. It allowed exiting policies for non-employer provided recipients to continue to exist so long as the policy remained the same. It wouldn't be required to meet ACA regulations, so long as there wasn't a break in coverage or change in the policy. Changing the price isn't changing the policy, the changes that forced those policies to be dropped were either to reflect reorganization of the insurance company's coverage/providers or because the plans were no longer economically viable for them. Nothing about ACA forced the cancellation of the amount of policies that there were besides it being a convenient excuse to demonstrate hardship and give them time to make the changes they needed to stay profitable.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-24 19:54:41  
If only we could talk ourselves out of the fact that the ACA sucks.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-24 19:58:51  

I agree it sucks, but most likely not for the same reasons you do.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-24 20:05:45  
Odin.Jassik said: »

Here's your chance in saying why it sucks.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-24 20:06:09  

inb4 it's not single-payer
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-24 20:06:17  
Premium changes did not exclude plans from existing within the grandfather clause. It allowed exiting policies for non-employer provided recipients to continue to exist so long as the policy remained the same. It wouldn't be required to meet ACA regulations, so long as there wasn't a break in coverage or change in the policy. Changing the price isn't changing the policy, the changes that forced those policies to be dropped were either to reflect reorganization of the insurance company's coverage/providers or because the plans were no longer economically viable for them. Nothing about ACA forced the cancellation of the amount of policies that there were besides it being a convenient excuse to demonstrate hardship and give them time to make the changes they needed to stay profitable.
I guess you didn't bother reading the governmental guidelines, and instead spouted whatever it is you spouted.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-24 20:09:49  

[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-24 20:13:33  

Because it limits the choice of consumers, is just now becoming solvent, when it could be profitable, it came with inconsistent expansions of medicaid, panders to insurance companies and pharma by subsidizing premiums instead of tying medical outcomes to cost. I could go on. I like that it shifts the cost of the uninsured away from workers and onto the policy holder and I like the idea of marketplaces where you can compare policies apples to apples and benefit from a shared risk pool. I like that it excludes exemptions for pre-existing conditions, loss of employer medical coverage pigeonholes a lot of people into staying in jobs and limits social mobility.

I'm all for discussing the actual problems with ACA, but simply blaming every healthcare related problem on ACA or Obama isn't an honest discussion and will always be met with opposition.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-24 20:21:55  
I guess you didn't bother reading the governmental guidelines, and instead spouted whatever it is you spouted.

Yeah, no. A plan that previously qualified for grandfathered status will not lose it unless there is significant change to the policy specifically excluding changes in premium. So long as the policy remains the same, it will retain it's grandfathered status and is not required to meet ACA standards indefinitely. Where you're making the mistake of thinking premiums are tied to eligibility is that the insurer cannot raise the cost of copay by more than 15% greater than inflation, lower employer contributions by more than 5%, or implementing or lowering an annual benefit cap. There are exceptions for each of those conditions as well, but those deal with coverage, not premium cost. Premiums are expressly allowed to increase.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-24 20:34:17  
I like that it shifts the cost of the uninsured away from workers and onto the policy holder
Still shifts the cost onto the workers, and policy holders (I'm assuming you mean businesses, since everyone is now considered a policy holder) while it's at it.

Or are you saying that by having more sick people onto a group insurance policy will decrease prices? Where have you been for the past 5 years of rapidly increasing policy premium increases?

Only people who really benefit are those who cannot afford it, but that's because the government subsidies it (until the Supreme Court ruling that is).

I'm all for discussing the actual problems with ACA, but simply blaming every healthcare related problem on ACA or Obama isn't an honest discussion and will always be met with opposition.
Who's blaming every single healthcare related problem on ACA?

Nobody in this thread is....

Yeah, no.
At least you are honest for once in your life.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-24 20:42:28  
I like that it shifts the cost of the uninsured away from workers and onto the policy holder
Still shifts the cost onto the workers, and policy holders (I'm assuming you mean businesses, since everyone is now considered a policy holder) while it's at it.

Or are you saying that by having more sick people onto a group insurance policy will decrease prices? Where have you been for the past 5 years of rapidly increasing policy premium increases?

Only people who really benefit are those who cannot afford it, but that's because the government subsidies it (until the Supreme Court ruling that is).

I'm talking about the nearly 1200 dollar a year charge that previously was added to healthcare costs to cover the cost providers incurred while treating the uninsured.

Quote:
Who's blaming every single healthcare related problem on ACA?

Nobody in this thread is....

That's exactly what you're doing. You are blaming canceled policies on ACA that weren't canceled because they couldn't conform with ACA or because it mandated they be cancelled, but rather because insurance companies could cut costs by cancelling them. It's less expensive to maintain fewer different policies. It's a canned strawman argument.

Quote:

Yeah, no.
At least you are honest for once in your life.

That's in response to your assertion that raising a premium even 1 dollar causes it to lose it's grandfathered status. You're just plain wrong, and I explained where your misconception is coming from. There are about 500 different sites that explain the grandfather clause with clarity. Feel free to do some research before you accuse other posters of being ignorant.

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-08-24 20:58:42  
Sometimes I miss random PnR... and then I come and look at this festering squalor of muck and goop, and see it hasn't changed. At All. Not even a little bit.

I wish I could sum this up as eloquently as Nikolce does, but I can't.

NIK! I NEED YOUR HELP WITH THIS!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-08-24 21:15:51  
It looks good, but not enough derp in there.

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-08-24 21:18:16  
Bloodrose said: »
It looks good, but not enough derp in there.

How about now?
perfect
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-24 21:26:04  
This is why we can't have nice things....
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-24 22:55:06  
Really?

Ignorance?

You're right. The actual quote repeated by Obama was:

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period."
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-08-24 23:02:38  
Coming into a thread to post about how it doesn't suit your tastes is neither edgy nor interesting. As hard as it is to be off topic here, that does qualify.
First Page 2 3 ... 870 871 872 ... 1375 1376 1377