The New Global Cooling Thread.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » The new Global Cooling thread.
The new Global Cooling thread.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12
By fonewear 2014-06-26 15:16:32  
According to my research. The.

[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-06-26 20:55:01  
fonewear said: »
According to my research. The.

+2
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-06-26 21:41:40  
Not from the Huffington Post:
<br /> Many People Refuse to Accept Global Warming Evidence - Maine news.

Quote:
People, who are not ready to believe that global warming has been happening for real despite so many scientific evidences, are the actual nihilists. Cultists have refused evidences that contradict their beliefs. It seems that they are unnecessarily happy living with blind faith.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-06-26 21:50:05  
The Myth of the 1970s Global Cooling Scientific Consensus
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-26 21:50:07  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Not from the Huffington Post:
<br /> Many People Refuse to Accept Global Warming Evidence - Maine news.

Quote:
People, who are not ready to believe that global warming has been happening for real despite so many scientific evidences, are the actual nihilists. Cultists have refused evidences that contradict their beliefs. It seems that they are unnecessarily happy living with blind faith.

Looks as though you've posted links from the Huffington Post so much that you've forgotten how to post links from other websites.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-06-26 21:57:48  

Oh, a scientific journal article. You sure trumped the conversation with that one. Those things are always indisputable.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-26 21:59:43  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Oh, a scientific journal article. You sure trumped the conversation with that one. Those things are always indisputable.

I can't help but feel that your joke relies on people not actually reading the report. Because what you linked shows that not only does the Loch Ness Monster exist, it has a well funded 401k from it's job as a tourist attraction.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-06-26 22:01:56  
Oooh, Journal of Scientific Exploration. What's the impact factor on that, brah?
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-06-27 09:22:38  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
People, who are not ready to believe that global warming has been happening for real despite so many scientific evidences, are the actual nihilists.

Give Us the Money Lewbowski!!!

[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-06-28 01:43:15  
Since the world is gonna end due to Global chaos in a few years, everyone should take a quiz to see if they will survive.

https://www.tryinteract.com/quiz/DaisyLuther/1

I got..
You scored a 31
You're a survivor!
You have what it takes to survive in nearly any kind of crisis. Not only do you have supplies, you also have the knowledge and skills to use those supplies. You are ready for nearly everything.
By Voren 2014-06-28 01:53:42  
I love those quizzes. I've got a neighbor that bought a defunct ambulance and refurbished it. I thought he was doing this to make money, nope, he's a prepper. It seemed a little strange until you realize what all can be carried in an ambulance and what sort of fortifications can be made, but still.....yeah....I'm not to that level.

Living in Oklahoma makes a person stock up and hoard some supplies to be ready for massive tornadoes. I've seen an F5 that almost made a new higher category up close and personal. I helped dig people out and were still finding people buried under houses after a few days.

As for global warming, meh, idk. It wouldn't surprise me if nature was starting to get a bit uppity considering humans have been doing nothing but figuring out how to screw each other at every turn. If we're not killing someone we're ***, if we're not ***, we're figuring out how not to be *** them. Kill-***-befucked, that about sums up human existence thus far.

You scored a 24

You're a survivor!

You have what it takes to survive in nearly any kind of crisis. Not only do you have supplies, you also have the knowledge and skills to use those supplies. You are ready for nearly everything. If you haven't done so already, take it to the next level by creating a survival homestead for you, your family, and your survival group. Learn more about long-term survival HERE.
By Altimaomega 2014-06-28 01:57:28  
Voren said: »
I love those quizzes. I've got a neighbor that bought a defunct ambulance and refurbished it. I thought he was doing this to make money, nope, he's a prepper. It seemed a little strange until you realize what all can be carried in an ambulance and what sort of fortifications can be made, but still.....yeah....I'm not to that level.

Living in Oklahoma makes a person stock up and hoard some supplies to be ready for massive tornadoes. I've seen an F5 that almost made a new higher category up close and personal. I helped dig people out and were still finding people buried under houses after a few days.

As for global warming, meh, idk. It wouldn't surprise me if nature was starting to get a bit uppity considering humans have been doing nothing but figuring out how to screw each other at every turn. If we're not killing someone we're ***, if we're not ***, we're figuring out how not to be *** them. Kill-***-befucked, that about sums up human existence thus far.

You scored a 24

You're a survivor!

You have what it takes to survive in nearly any kind of crisis. Not only do you have supplies, you also have the knowledge and skills to use those supplies. You are ready for nearly everything. If you haven't done so already, take it to the next level by creating a survival homestead for you, your family, and your survival group. Learn more about long-term survival HERE.

I hear other than the tornado's Oklahoma is a nice place to live.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-08 01:04:33  
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/08/06/nasa-climate-scientist-explains-15-year-global-warming-hiatus/

Felt like beating a dead horse some more after reading this. Solar radiation and water vapor seem to have been effecting the earths temperature. Toss in some El-nino and a Pacific Decadal Oscillation climate pattern and we mere humans are once again insignificant flees.

Meanwhile: August record lows yet again.. still have not gotten a 90+ degree day all summer, after a brutal winter. "that and if you listen to manbearpig... shouldn't even be having winters anymore..."

BUT BEWARE GLOBAL WARMING IS GONNA END US ALL!!! Lets regulate and tax some stuff and make it go away!!!! /sigh
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-08 01:24:44  
we've had record high temps... the world is bigger than your backwater farm and junk science is junk science.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-08 01:24:56  
Please stop posting science links. You don't actually read them or you plain don't understand them. Either way, it's embarrassing to watch.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-08 01:37:40  
Altimaomega said: »
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/08/06/nasa-climate-scientist-explains-15-year-global-warming-hiatus/

Felt like beating a dead horse some more after reading this. Solar radiation and water vapor seem to have been effecting the earths temperature. Toss in some El-nino and a Pacific Decadal Oscillation climate pattern and we mere humans are once again insignificant flees.

Meanwhile: August record lows yet again.. still have not gotten a 90+ degree day all summer, after a brutal winter. "that and if you listen to manbearpig... shouldn't even be having winters anymore..."

BUT BEWARE GLOBAL WARMING IS GONNA END US ALL!!! Lets regulate and tax some stuff and make it go away!!!! /sigh

What...? Did you read the article you posted?
By Altimaomega 2014-08-08 01:38:53  
Alrighty a NASA climate scientist isn't good enough for you guys.

Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-08 01:43:51  
So, that's a no.

Temperatures are still rising. They are just rising slower than previous 60 years.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-08 01:46:20  
Bahamut.Kara said: »

What...? Did you read the article you posted?

Sure did, the difference however between what I read and what you three read is staggering.

What I read is, the earth and climate go though cycles and many different circumstance's effect the climate.

What you guys read is, "aerosol particles" mankind must be the culprit! Actually that's about it.. But hey I'm the crazy one right?!?
By Altimaomega 2014-08-08 01:48:11  
So, that's a no.

Temperatures are still rising. They are just rising slower than previous 60 years.

... Actually the temperature has been rising since the little ice age, and the Big Ice Age before that. But don't let little things like 100% proven Facts get in the way.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-08 01:48:24  

What I read is, the earth and climate go though cycles and many different circumstance's effect the climate.

What you guys read is, "aerosol particles" mankind must be the culprit! Actually that's about it.. But hey I'm the crazy one right?!?

Yes, you sound pretty crazy.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-08 01:53:53  

Yes, you sound pretty crazy.

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-08 02:00:58  
Since everyone loves powerpoints:
http://ceres.larc.nasa.gov/press_releases/lectures/Loeb_LaRC_Colloq.pdf

Page 39 summary:
- The planet is continuing to accumulate heat.
- Short term cooling trends are not inconsistent with long term heating.
- Such trends emphasize the interplay between GH gas forcing (i.e. anthropogenic global warming) and naturally occurring variation.
- Altima should stop posting about science because so far he's batting a zero.

(Ok, that last one may have been added by me but I'm sure Dr. Loeb would agree.)

Edit: Forgot to mention that that's the guy's lecture from the linked article.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-08 02:01:26  
I see Alti is continuing to have problems with separating weather from climate, the one constant of FFXIAH. Altimaomega is are our developmentally disabled North Star.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-08 03:10:14  

Once you drink Al Gore's koolaid you can't go back it seems.

Good article though.

CBS News source titled: NASA Climate Scientist Explains 15-Year ‘Global Warming Hiatus’ and yet they still mock you.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-08 03:15:13  
Al Gore Explains How Climate Change Was A Deliberate Hoax to Increase Taxes
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-08 03:44:43  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Once you drink Al Gore's koolaid you can't go back it seems.

Good article though.

CBS News source titled: NASA Climate Scientist Explains 15-Year ‘Global Warming Hiatus’ and yet they still mock you.
Pro-tip: Read beyond the title.
[+]
サーバ: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-08-08 03:46:00  
Even just near the end of the article if you're super lazy. I mean come the *** on.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-08 04:05:13  
ugh
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-08 04:22:42  
I still see a frightening amount of parallels between the Climate issues and the Lead issues some fifty years back... Thirty years of well-funded pseudoscience against an overwhelming majority of actual science finally took the majority of lead out of consumer products but it was one hell of an uphill battle. This is part of the reason why you need less politicians with "Law" degrees (Read: Professional bullshitters) and more scientifically literate people in positions of power.

Al Gore seems to be a stain on the scientific community just by virtue of a passing association. Personally, I'm one of those people who thought Al Gore's best contribution to the world was Voicework for Futurama, so I'm not in Manbearpig territory, I'm just in a very deliberate state of objective rational.

It's been an historic consistency that when you find large sums of money funding a tiny portion of global opinion taking an opposing consensus toward an academic majority, that opinion has invariably been false and self-serving. Meanwhile, if you take a step back to unfuck yourself and ask what kind of repercussions are we dealing with in both cases, you find that the only time in which negative outcomes are guaranteed is by simply doing nothing.

Climate change could be revealed as a hoax tomorrow and I'd still not feel dumb for believing it had existed. The circumstances of such a debunking would determine in what regard I still hold the scientific community though; bumbling climate-scientist virgins still looking for the G-spot of methodology, unfamiliar with the techniques needed to truly validate information objectively? Or deliberate falsification of facts for their own end? Which circumstances makes a difference.

But because the movement against Climate change (Especially in the plebes who just ingest the propaganda) is much like Religion, the argument against Climate change is shooting from the hip at best, and pissing directly into gale-force winds at worst. I'll take being wrong and rational over being right and a lucky moron any day.

Okay, I've fulfilled the "Page a day" rule for Friday. For those unfamiliar, it's the rule that if you ever wish to have a career writing anything, you should write(And read) at least a page a day. Doesn't matter what.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12