フォーラム » Windower » Support » Gearcollecter not collecting
Gearcollecter not collecting
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-06-30 18:41:40  
Hi there,

Gearcollector is no longer reading my mnk and whm XMLs.
It's working for all my other jobs.

Error I'm getting is "File not found: E:Windower4plugins/spellcast/Speedyjim/mnk.xml"

#1) The file is there and was working until today
#2) I deleted and re-installed, didn't resolve

Seems fishy but there's no forward slash btwn Windower4 and plugins in the file path.

Thank you!
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-07-01 01:37:50  
I'm really not sure what could be causing this if the file actually exists. The lack of forward slashes is just a display problem.

It might be that the error message is wrong. Can you see if it's a valid XML (i.e. run it through an XML validator)?
 Cerberus.Fthis
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Benjix
By Cerberus.Fthis 2014-07-01 01:54:21  
I had this problem too and it was because a i made a mistake while editing the SC earlier. I had to fix the SC so it would load properly and then gearcollector was able to work with no problem.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-01 01:58:25  
Have you updated them in the past day or two? If so, check all of your opening and closing tags. I had this same issue and that was the problem, if I recall.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-07-04 22:45:05  
Thank you everyone for your input!

Like Fthis, great name btw, & Snprphnx, I made some mistakes in closing tags on 2 items.

Thanks Arcon for the XML Validator, it pin pointed the errors and I was able to resolve!
 Odin.Quixacotl
サーバ: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2014-07-17 15:31:16  
I didn't want to start a new thread but did GearCollector stop working again? It doesn't move or transfer gear on any of my jobs (I tried them all).

GearCollector dll version is 1.0.4.6

Here's a sample of my SMN spellcast xml. It's just the exported file created by Gearswap. I do have regular versions of SC xml's but nothing works.
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2014-07-18 17:23:08  
Okay apparently I had a corrupted GearCollector.dll which I fixed by re-downloading GC dll and the settings xml. It's working fine now.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-07-18 19:02:27  
Odin.Quixacotl said: »
I didn't want to start a new thread but did GearCollector stop working again? It doesn't move or transfer gear on any of my jobs (I tried them all).

GearCollector dll version is 1.0.4.6

Here's a sample of my SMN spellcast xml. It's just the exported file created by Gearswap. I do have regular versions of SC xml's but nothing works.
Glad to see someone else who keeps their xml files neat and sorted by eq slot!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-18 19:48:35  
I do the same thing. Once I finish editing a new GS file, I'll export then spend a few minutes sorting. Makes it easier when you add and replace gear in the future to not have to sort through a hot mess of stuff.
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2014-07-18 22:42:07  
I've done this with all my xmls. It only takes me a couple of minutes to sort but like Snprphnx said, it'll save you time and headaches in the future.