H2H And DPS ?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » H2H and DPS ?
H2H and DPS ?
 Seraph.Gael
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Gael
By Seraph.Gael 2009-08-05 08:35:13  
Hi guys ^^

I found the formula in wiki :

"wiki" said:
[(DMG rating of weapon) x 60] / (Delay of weapon)

In the case of Hand to Hand weaponry, the base delay is 480. The abilty Martial Arts I reduces it to 400 and each further tier reduces the delay by another 20.

But when i try to do it myself, i never found the same DPS as wiki or ffxiah.

Look with Tigerfangs, i see DMG +18, delay +96... lets count : (18 X 60 ) / (480 + 96) = 1080 / 576 = 1.875

And FFxiAH find a DSP egal to 3.75

What's i'm doing wrong ?

Do you know how calculate it ?
And how you count STR, att, critical hit or other things in it ?

Ty ^^
 Cerberus.Oric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-08-05 08:52:30  
Well for one I would say you forgot to add the base damage you already have with hand-to-hand.

Noticed the "+18" damage. Try adding an extra 3 or 4 damage (sorry not sure what the base hand to hand damage is, it's either one of those) and see what you come up with.
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2009-08-05 09:13:20  
I think if you check the wiki page for that weapon you'll find your answer.

H2H is really had to give a set DPS for because it's completely dependent on the players H2H skill and Martial Arts traits.

How this site got 3.75 is another question all together. They could have used MNK's Martial Arts V for that level giving 320 base delay or factoring in what the base DMG could/should be. Who knows?

EDIT: A MNK with capped skill at lvl 66 would have a DPS of roughly 6.6 with that weapon so yeah... 3.75 makes no sense to me
 Garuda.Maasahn
サーバ: Garuda
user: maasahn
By Garuda.Maasahn 2009-08-05 09:28:03  
"wiki" said:
The damage of a hand-to-hand weapon is added to a character's natural hand-to-hand damage. A character's natural hand-to-hand damage is calculated by multiplying hand-to-hand skill by 0.11 and then adding 3. When calculating the Weapon Rank, however, the number used as the weapon base damage is the number displayed on the weapon plus 3, with no contribution from hand-to-hand skill.

Base Dmg also plays a part in it.

Weapon Rank does also

fSTR is another part of it, so theres alot more then the original formula you had written down, also a 75 MNK has a base delay of 300 with no weapons im not sure but id think they would be calculating delay by the highest tier martial arts but then again not every job that can use "said" weapon has the MA trait so who knows.
 Seraph.Gael
By Seraph.Gael 2009-08-05 10:52:01  
thanks guys to help me, it's hard for a mage to understand this things ^^;

I took time to read every thing :

I forgot the natural hand-to-hand damage, but like you if i do the calculation, i still have a too big number (and its more too big if i try to add skill...)

The only thing we dont know, is the fact they count or not martial art.
For this, i found Patas, on wiki, which say DPS for each martial art.

If i compare the DPS on wiki and the DPS on FFxiAh, i can see they are not equal (lol...) but it seems they count it with no martial art.
When we know that, we can eliminate the problem of delay.

With mathematics, from the first formula, i found dmg = [DPS x delay ] / 60.

If i back to the Tigerfangs, that will be [3.75 X 480]/ 60 = 30

That means, to have the same DPS that FFxiAH, i have to find a dmg equal to 30. how they find that ? (;_;)

If i add the fSTR thing and weapon rank, that make me 18+3+(2+8) (if i count the max) and that dont make 30 ^^;

If that an other approximation ? (how it can be, with a floor() ...)

And how count the STR and the att (;_;)
 Garuda.Maasahn
サーバ: Garuda
user: maasahn
By Garuda.Maasahn 2009-08-05 11:08:03  
its all really confusing, and i dont think i completely understand the whole dps mathmatics either. I have a h2h skill of 292, so (292*0.11)+3 gives me a 35.12 base dmg with no weapon destroyers have a +18 with latent broken which is a 53.12 dmg weapon, but...
wiki said:
This means that hand-to-hand damage is capped slightly lower than other weapons with equivalent damage rating. For example, the weapon rating for Destroyers with capped hand-to-hand skill is 53, but their damage cap is equivalent to another weapon (such as Sword) with a weapon rating of 50 because their weapon rank is computed as 18+3=21. This can be a problem when using some damage calculators for FFXI, since they assume weapon rank uses the same number as weapon rating or equivalent Weapon Base Damage, and would therefore give slightly inaccurate values. To fix this problem with hand-to-hand weapons and other weapons which have different weapon ranks than predicted by their weapon rating (Maneater, Blau Dolch, etc.), a damage calculator must ask for both the weapon rating and weapon rank separately instead of trying to calculate one from the other.

but im coming up with numbers that are about double the dps ffxiah is showing for dps.

so im not completely sure how or what they want to add together for h2h dps >< ill wait for a friend of mine to get back in town, he knows all the math for stuff like this and is probably the most hard core monk i know of on my server.
 Seraph.Gael
By Seraph.Gael 2009-08-05 11:17:12  
cool, because that kill me xD
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-05 11:54:32  
DPS is pretty inaccurate anyway if you have to compare acc/atk/+crit etc too. If you're doing DMG/delay vs DMG/delay purely though and ignoring tp/hit, it can be done.

DMG is [floor(h2h skill * 0.11) + 3]. floor{} means just chop off decimals, so 13.8 = 13, 13.1 = 13 ... etc, then add the DMG from the weapon.

Delay is simply equal to your Martial Arts trait, + any delay on the weapon.

The quoted section above refers to fSTR cap and shouldn't influence your choice of weapons overmuch since it will rarely prove limitting.
 Asura.Slamm
サーバ: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-05 12:04:01  
Gael said:
Hi guys ^^

I found the formula in wiki :

"wiki" said:
[(DMG rating of weapon) x 60] / (Delay of weapon)

In the case of Hand to Hand weaponry, the base delay is 480. The abilty Martial Arts I reduces it to 400 and each further tier reduces the delay by another 20.

But when i try to do it myself, i never found the same DPS as wiki or ffxiah.

Look with Tigerfangs, i see DMG +18, delay +96... lets count : (18 X 60 ) / (480 + 96) = 1080 / 576 = 1.875

And FFxiAH find a DSP egal to 3.75

What's i'm doing wrong ?

Do you know how calculate it ?
And how you count STR, att, critical hit or other things in it ?

Ty ^^

for h2h damage your h2h skill is taken into account unlike other weapons

= why faith torque is so much pimper than the other ones
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-07 23:12:41  
Like has already been said, your base DMG is based on your h2h skill, which is why h2h weapons say DMG+ instead of DMG.

h2h x .11 + 3 = base DMG.

So for example if we have destroyers and a mnk w/ 292 h2h skill

(292 x .11)+3 = 35.12 (always rounds down) = 35
35 + 18 (destroyers) = 53. So a capped h2h merit mnk w/ destoryers is actually using a 53 DMG weapon.
 Unicorn.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Motenten
By Unicorn.Motenten 2009-08-16 01:59:13  
Slightly old thread, sorry.

To get DPS, damage per second, you take the ratio of the weapon damage divided by its delay in seconds.

H2H base damage is skill*0.11 + 3. Using the weapon you asked about, Tigerfangs, and assuming a lvl 66 mnk, you have:

Skill: 232 * 0.11 = 25.52 => 25 + 3 = 28
Weapon: +18, total of 46 damage

Then delay. Delay for a 66 mnk is base 320, then +96 for the weapon puts it at 416 delay.

Delay is converted to seconds at a 60:1 ratio for melee weapons (that's where the 60 comes from in the formula you quoted, though it's not immediately obvious why it's applied), so 416 delay is 6.933 seconds.

In addtion, H2H hits twice per round with the given damage. So, you can either double the damage for the calculated delay, or divide the delay in half to figure the final actual DPS.

In this case: (2*46) / 6.933 = 13.27.

I'm not sure what numbers you used for the 3.75 vs 1.875, but in the case the difference between them is obviously the factor of 2 for the 2 hits per round aspect.