users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Blink me not
Blink me not
 Cerberus.Makira
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Makira
By Cerberus.Makira 2014-08-10 08:23:16  
I've tried messing with the settings a bit, but I can't find how it used to be...

I used to be able to change gear, but still stay locked onto a mob. My gear wouldn't typically change until AFTER a fight. Now it either changes during it, or locks me in the same clothes until I zone.

This drives me insane when things make you naked in WoE and you can't notice it... but at the same time I hate gear swapping and losing my lock on. I'm not sure what happened to the settings but anyone know how I can fix it and put it back to how it used to be?
 Asura.Meekriot
サーバ: Asura
user: Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2014-08-10 08:34:42  
Mine does the exact same thing. Would like to know an answer as well
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-10 09:04:13  
Same thing here, I gave up and started using "/lockstyle on" more often. Really nice for melees for the reasons you posted above, also if your weapon changes(or becomes unequipped) it turns lockstyle off, so you'll know if you get encumbered.
 Cerberus.Makira
user: Makira
By Cerberus.Makira 2014-08-10 09:14:20  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Same thing here, I gave up and started using "/lockstyle on" more often. Really nice for melees for the reasons you posted above, also if your weapon changes(or becomes unequipped) it turns lockstyle off, so you'll know if you get encumbered.

I'll have to retry lockstyle. I swear I did it before and it still unlocked me from the target just by changing my clothes. But it's been a while so I might be wrong, haha.

Gah. Updates are wonderful and evil all at once.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-10 09:44:12  
//bmn combat all on ~

That's the command to make it work during combat, seen a couple of instances where it bugs out but works 99% of the time.

I also hate being locked on a target, I like the flexibility of moving my camera angle to watch for approaching aggro.
 Ragnarok.Exavion
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-08-10 11:58:42  
I tend to use /lockstyle on if i'm playing DD with the "Equipment changed" message showing only once using Battlemod.

//load blinkmenot if i'm doing a run on a support mage.
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-08-10 14:17:25  
seems like lock style removes when you swap weapons though
 Odin.Acacia
サーバ: Odin
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-08-10 15:37:48  
BlinkMeNot broke a few updates back and hasn't work correctly since then.