Post Your Playlist: Your Honest Random!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Post your playlist: Your honest random!
Post your playlist: Your honest random!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-15 08:15:07  
1.) Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
2.) Janet Jackson - Everywhere I Go
3.) Blues Traveler - Run Around
4.) Linger - Cranberries
5.) Ryan Bingham - Ever Wonder Why
6.) Icky Thump - The White Stripes
7.) Thank You - Dido
8.) Audioslave - Doesn't Remind Me
9.) Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
10.) Heart - Crazy On You

Good morning.
[+]
 Shiva.Hasiano
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hasiano
By Shiva.Hasiano 2014-09-15 09:24:14  
1. Stone Sour - Gone Sovereign/Absolute Zero
2. Planetary Annihilation OST - Planets Collide
3. Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
4. AC/DC - Shoot To Thrill
5. Dissidia 012 - Cantata Mortis & God In Fire
6. Muse - Uprising
7. Metallica - All Nightmare Long
8. Within Temptation - And We Run
9. Alice in Chains - Stone
10. Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-15 09:28:08  
Quote:
Metallica - All Nightmare Long

Really dig seeing Death Magnetic songs in people's playlists. St. Anger was a pretty...(very...extremely...) weak album. But I feel like the backlash against it was so strong that criticism bled over against Death Magnetic unjustly.

My only complaint about DM is that it was mixed poorly, but that's true of tons of albums these days because they're mixed for shitty iPhone earbuds and terrible computer speaks, so they end up being a wall of homogenous noise.

The cuts that were released for Guitar Hero III at the same time were better. But the songs themselves are really solid.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-15 09:50:33  
You know what's fun?

Taking one verse from each song on your random playlist, and making the most ridiculous song ever. I don't know how well it would work for metal, but give it a go for the sake of chuckles.

Got another Blues Traveler person!

EDIT: Also...

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Milkshake by Kelis
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-09-15 09:53:16  
I think I'm the only person on the planet that prefers the Load/Reload albums. Yes, this was at the height of their "sell out" phase, but I think musically they began to mature and branch out while still making a rockin' album that was also bluesy and melodic. It wasn't the Metallica of the 1980s, but I think they were growing up musically. Then backlash caused that growth to stunt and they tried to relapse into a band that they weren't any longer, thus St. Anger. Also, I thought I'd like DM, but I just can't. It annoys me more than St. Anger.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-15 09:56:19  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I think I'm the only person on the planet that prefers the Load/Reload albums. Yes, this was at the height of their "sell out" phase, but I think musically they began to mature and branch out while still making a rockin' album that was also bluesy and melodic. It wasn't the Metallica of the 1980s, but I think they were growing up musically. Then backlash caused that growth to stunt and they tried to relapse into a band that they weren't any longer, thus St. Anger. Also, I thought I'd like DM, but I just can't. It annoys me more than St. Anger.

St. Anger is their only album I can say I don't listen to with regularity. I really enjoy much, if not all, of the material off of Load and Reload.

For the past 23 years it's felt like people just want Master of Puppets again.

You can't just spontaneously "recreate" what is widely considered one of the best heavy metal albums of all time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-15 09:59:50  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Got another Blues Traveler person!

I have fond memories of Blues Traveler given my age, and I know Four pretty much backward and forward; that said, their foray into popular music was a huge joke (literally) on their part.

In "Hook" they seriously tell you what they're doing right in the song and it still went over huge; it's just...makes me giggle even now.

Pachelbel's Canon, ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-09-15 10:02:50  
I can't listen to Metallica anymore; even the old stuff. You know that feeling you get when you eat one of your favorite foods and then you vomit it up later and it just destroys the food for you from then on? That was St. Anger to me. St. Anger was the vomit that ruined Metallica. Now if I hear anything from them, my gag reflex starts up.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-15 10:05:50  
I've enjoyed Metallica greatly up to Load, and like most of ReLoad. St. Anger is just terrible though.
Death Magnetic is not that bad, but still nowhere close to the band I considered my favourite. And wtf with its sound really, you'd expect the technical quality at least to be great from such a rich band.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-15 10:09:40  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I've enjoyed Metallica greatly up to Load, and like most of ReLoad. St. Anger is just terrible though.
Death Magnetic is not that bad, but still nowhere close to the band I considered my favourite. And wtf with its sound really, you'd expect the technical quality at least to be great from such a rich band.

See what I said above about the mix. I really, really hate the internet generation of digital music for that reasons. I love the accessibility, the sheer amount of options available...

...but things get mixed to get optimal sound out of garbage equipment, and as such the mixes tend to be very flat "noise".

The chances of me ever recording are slim-to-***-none. But if I do I will push very, very hard for it to be an analog recording session.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-15 10:29:15  
Spoonman - Soundgarden
Anyone can play guitar - Radiohead
Letting the cables sleep - Bush
Carress me down - Sublime
Sonata pathetique - Beethoven
Now, now - St. Vincent
Feel it all around - Washed out (a Z music pick, lol)
And it rained all night - Thom Yorke
Rabbit in your headlights - UNKLE
Hurricane - Bob Dylan

interesting. can't tell I grew up in the late 90's >.< I thought that would be more embarrassing, honestly.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-15 10:31:49  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Spoonman - Soundgarden
Anyone can play guitar - Radiohead
Letting the cables sleep - Bush
Carress me down - Sublime
Sonata pathetique - Beethoven
Now, now - St. Vincent
Feel it all around - Washed out (a Z music pick, lol)
And it rained all night - Thom Yorke
Rabbit in your headlights - UNKLE
Hurricane - Bob Dylan

interesting. can't tell I grew up in the late 90's >.< I thought that would be more embarrassing, honestly.

We all know you made this up and you're busy listening to Lisa Loeb, Smash Mouth, and Sixpence None the Richer
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-15 10:35:27  
Hey! We do NOT speak ill of Lisa Loeb!!! >:

/swats Ramy's hand

NO!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-15 10:36:16  
meh, 3 radiohead songs is semi-embarrassing these days.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-15 10:40:21  
Hey! We do NOT speak ill of Lisa Loeb!!! >:

/swats Ramy's hand

NO!

Hey.

"Stay" is a fundamental representation of 90s popular music before the boy band/cute-but-trashy girl invasion.

I know all the god damn words. You can't really say I'm speaking ill...

Then again, I know the words to a lot of things. I know so many song lyrics that math decided to leave.

Algebra no longer exists in my brain, but man do I know some Go-Gos lyrics.

I mean, hey. We've all got our thing...

You know how toons in Who Framed Roger can't resist "Shave and a Haircut"? I'm the same for Counting Crows. I hear something from August and Everything After on the radio in a store and forget about it. The poor people around me are sampling my singing voice.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-15 10:47:30  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I'm the same for Counting Crows.

good man.

August and Everything After

my first music purchase at the tender age of 11. I saved up some lawn mowing money & bought the cassette. I sat down to some viking game I had on computer, started up my counting crows, & the cassette player ate that *** tape beyond all recognition. I cried like a ***, then started mowing lawns for a CD player.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-15 10:51:36  
Siren.Mosin said: »
I'm the same for Counting Crows.

good man.

August and Everything After

my first music purchase at the tender age of 11. I saved up some lawn mowing money & bought the cassette. I sat down to some viking game I had on computer, started up my counting crows, & the cassette player ate that *** tape beyond all recognition. I cried like a ***, then started mowing lawns for a CD player.

It was the first album I ever bought on CD. I was...12-13 or so?

I'm not sure I was even 4 yet and I don't remember it myself, but apparently the first album I ever bought by my own choice was The Boss' "Born in the USA". The first album I remember asking for was a Beach Boys greatest hits album.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-15 11:02:30  
I can't think of anyone (around our age) who doesn't know the lyrics to 'Stay', 'Mister Jones', Eve 6's 'Inside Out'.

I think my first CD was Boyz II Men 'Cooleyhighharmony'. I still love 'Motownphilly'. Trampoline anthem!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-15 11:03:24  
My first cassette was Backstreetback and I'm not ashamed of it!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-15 11:13:09  
I can't think of anyone (around our age) who doesn't know the lyrics to 'Stay', 'Mister Jones', Eve 6's 'Inside Out'.

I think my first CD was Boyz II Men 'Cooleyhighharmony'. I still love 'Motownphilly'. Trampoline anthem!

Ah, but does everyone know the words to "Rain King"?!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-15 11:15:32  
Not a huge fan of the random playlist, I have a ton of prank phone calls mixed in with my mp3s, and sure enough the top 10 and bottom 10 (just to see) got one thrown in.

Here it is though, lol.

EDIT: Incoming youtube video, they actually have a bunch of these on there.

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-15 11:17:43  
Ah, but does everyone know the words to "Rain King"?!

/
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-15 11:21:48  
A fun* thing for me is that I don't get a choice about what lyrics I memorize. I hear a song a few times and they're in there.

Which means I know every popular country song from 1993-2000 because there was only one radio station in the town I grew up, it was a country station, and if you wanted local news, weather, or any other pertinent information you needed to get...you listed to WLMI in the morning before school.

So I've got so much Shania Twain, Dixie Chicks, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc. in my head it's painful. I don't hate all country, but I thoroughly wish there weren't so much of it in my head that I didn't want.

*not fun even a little, aside from the times I sing along when we hear it in a public place and my wife looks at me aghast and asks, "what's wrong with you? Why do you know this!?"

If I could sing ever a tiny little bit pleasantly, I'd make an amazing frontman for a wedding-type cover band.

...sadly for everyone involved, if a deaf person were granted the power to hear, and the first music they heard was me singing, they'd want to know why music is a multi-billion dollar industry; who would pay to listen to that?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-15 11:22:39  
I would go to a garth brooks concert today.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-15 11:25:18  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Not a huge fan of the random playlist, I have a ton of prank phone calls mixed in with my mp3s, and sure enough the top 10 and bottom 10 (just to see) got one thrown in.

Here it is though, lol.

EDIT: Incoming youtube video, they actually have a bunch of these on there.

I'm not even going to lie; I despise prank calls. I don't think they're that funny and most of the time I just end up feeling bad for the person on the other end, even when I know it's fake.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-15 11:29:29  
It's what got Johnny Brennan his VO work on Family Guy though.

EDIT: I admit though a lot of Jim Florentine's stuff is dumb.
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-15 11:36:25  
Bad Religion
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7