Does Islam Require Forced Conversions?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Does islam require forced conversions?
Does islam require forced conversions?
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 23 24 25
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-24 07:40:28  
Asura.Refreshazure said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I have yellow fever.
Might wanna take care of that first. They have a vaccine.

Yellow Fever
Quote:
Vaccination is the single most important measure for preventing yellow fever. In high risk areas where vaccination coverage is low, prompt recognition and control of outbreaks through immunization is critical to prevent epidemics. To prevent outbreaks throughout affected regions, vaccination coverage must reach at least 60% to 80% of a population at risk. Few endemic countries that recently benefited from a preventive mass vaccination campaign in Africa currently have this level of coverage.

Someone made it as a joke earlier in the topic so I reposted it cause I thought you would agree which your own cultural joke.

now you guys are all trying to take everything I say literally.

what happened to just messing around.
Where's the post with the joke then?

Exactly I was copying American humor from the previous post it apparently fails so I won't make the mistake again to use American humor that comes from these forums.

if you care that much about it you can go through 19 pages of stuff I don't care enough to find it again.

I think there's better things to discuss them a bad joke.
A) If you are "copying" American humor, don't use stupid jokes as a basis.

B) I don't give a flying *** where you "saw" this joke, but you were the one going defensive about it. "Oh, I saw some other poster make the very same joke and nobody jumped down his throat about it." It's up to you to prove that you were copying the joke, but since you refused, then you are an idiot for making that joke in the first place.

C) For somebody who claims that they are intelligent and emotionally detached to their arguments, you certainly are acting in a very stupid and emotional way....

Edit: Since I paged, here is Adam West as Batman dancing. Probably the smartest thing to be posted for a while.

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-24 07:41:34  
Ramyrez said: »
Remember, when you get tired of religious bickering,
You're way off topic! Things changed greatly last night!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-24 07:42:30  
Good morning, never-ending-discussion.

Since you've clearly gone on all night without respite, have some At The Mountains of Madness fan art. Remember, when you get tired of religious bickering, mighty Cthulhu will be waiting for your supplications and he will set you free with madness.

The smartest thing said in pages.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-24 07:45:05  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Remember, when you get tired of religious bickering,
You're way off topic! Things changed greatly last night!

Do you mind? I'm proselytizing for the Great Old Ones here.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-24 07:45:14  
Chaos, you copied my style!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-24 07:46:11  
Chaos, you copied my style!
To be fair whenever I think of Batman Adam West always comes to mind.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-24 07:46:26  
Quote:
however advanced mathematics is nearly impossible for the be something you pick up later in life your brain shapes for math at a very early age.
Do you have any evidence of this? Advanced levels in anything requires practice, which generally means that it takes time.

Yeah but FFXI /graphic design and studying another language has made me too lazy and time constraint And let's not forget I have to keep a A+ in college.

ich weiß nicht Herr Amerika Sind Sie? wahr es ist möglich

bist du glücklich?

das ist lächerlich

I'm quite surprised that German is much easier than English it must be by great great grandfather blood.

I thought the Danish spoke Danish?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-24 08:04:52  
Altimaomega said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Here's a nifty tip from a buddy who actually has a PHD in Early Childhood Education (don't ask, her husband still /facepalms): To increase your child's dexterity, break crayons in half so they have to adapt to holding them like a pencil.

/dusts off hands

There. Something constructive.
Interesting.

I've been meaning to make a thread about "play, sensory, and craft activities" to see what ffxiah parents have found was fun or not so much fun for their kids at different ages.

I'll have to finish that and let the exchange of ideas (or not) commence!

Don't all children break crayons and use them? PHD huh...

Yeah...

This is why no one bothers challenging your intellect, Altima...

You're not very quick on the draw. :/
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-09-24 08:07:16  

ich weiß nicht Herr Amerika Sind Sie? wahr es ist möglich

bist du glücklich?

das ist lächerlich

I'm quite surprised that German is much easier than English it must be by great great grandfather blood.
Only the 3 word-sentences are correct. The rest doesn't make any sense at all. Don't rely on online-translators please, It doesn't work with German.

Also blood doesn't.. wait, a troll?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-24 08:14:00  
No, it's not correct. The form is wrong.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-24 08:16:04  

kara Suggested German first so I looked into it and found it incredibly easy,

I found the Danish lessons afterwards and they're a lot harder than German course Danish is one of the hardest languages But that's to be expected from one of the more advanced societies on Earth.

Edit Yes success finally I suggest you watch it is actually Quite hilarious along with making a good point. and you guys are gotten way too serious in this discussion.
No.

You asked out of a set of languages on a website which ones would be good to start. Since Danish was not listed I said German.

Quote:

Which one of these would be most appropriate to study

Asura.Refreshazure2014-09-21 03:16:02
http://www.memrise.com/courses/english/

Send the links back of the ones you think are best " there is no Danish" popping up that I can immediately see so I can study the relating languages..
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-24 08:23:20  
Regarding "true IQ", there is a specific test with 200 as the limit. The test tests every sides of intelligence. So you have interpersonal intelligence, creative etc. I believe the highest score on this test was 198, nobody ever went higher and not that many 140+ "normal IQ" tried it, unfortunately.

But, yes, the usual IQ test you pass is targeted at specific areas of intelligence, leaving out many others. In short, you'll never really get an answer as to what your IQ is (if it's your thing) unless you pass the full test, but I forget the name, gonna try to Google that.

Well, here you go.

Based Abdesselam Jelloul.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-24 08:24:23  
German is no more difficult to learn than any other language, once you learn the basics and general form.

Hell, you can trace the same basic form and function to almost every other modern language in existence.

Know conversational French? Easy enough to pick up Conversational Japanese.

Unless you have a learning disability.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-24 08:28:04  

I can't even get English form right I don't expect to get German form right in a day I'm not 180 IQ

I fully emit that I'm a beginner.

you all need to stop being silly IM NOT Einstein and I've never claim to be.
You are what, 178 (as you claim at least).

I'm sure that anyone with an IQ of 95+ can understand the concept of an apostrophe at least....
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-24 08:32:28  
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
German is no more difficult to learn than any other language, once you learn the basics and general form.

Hell, you can trace the same basic form and function to almost every other modern language in existence.

Yeah, Japanese has the same sounds as French, so while we may not have their accent, we can very easily understand it. Same syllabes etc, it's pretty funny actually and that's why you have so many French people going to Jaapan for studies, or work.

I worked in a Japanese company and would speak my very limited Japanese with the Japanese native there, it was fun.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-24 08:34:52  

I can't even get English form right I don't expect to get German form right in a day I'm not 180 IQ

I'm sure that anyone with an IQ of 95+ can understand the concept of an apostrophe at least....

NO I DID NOT Senkyuutai talked about his roommate who was 180 IQ

I claimed as I received for my test to be to 135 and I theorize I'm now 140 considering when I took the test I was in a very very bad living environment and not have a lot of food.

I never never claimed to have 180 IQ
You still missed the point.

Anyone can claim to be of a certain degree of intelligence. That doesn't mean that it is correct.

You, sir, have failed to signify (even using your lack of understanding of the English language) a degree of intelligence above IQ 100. So, I formally question your stated intelligence and ask you to honestly answer our queries about your perceived level.

Nothing annoys me more than people who lie in order to make themselves seem smarter or correct.

I apologize that you find that most of my colleagues on the forum to be of a greater intellect than you. I hope you understand the situation you have placed yourself, and the demeaning attitudes that are being directed at you to be one's own fault. I hope that you understand the magnitude of stroking one's own ego on an internet forum and I wish that you will take this lesson to heart so you can prevent said error in the future.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-24 08:37:13  
German is no more difficult to learn than any other language
I disagree. Your first language influences how hard the others are going to be to learn. And then there's obviously certain languages with much more complex grammar.

For example, for us in italians german is a difficult language to learn, while french is easy despite having a higher complexity.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-24 08:38:28  

NO I DID NOT Senkyuutai talked about his roommate who was 180 IQ

I claimed as I received for my test to be to 135 and I theorize I'm now 140 considering when I took the test I was in a very very bad living environment and not have a lot of food.

I never never claimed to have 180 IQ

Nothing annoys me more than people who lie in order to make themselves seem smarter or correct.

Not even religion annoys me more than people lying about there intelligence or motives.
They want a proof of you being 135, as it conflicts with how you write, and sometimes what you say.

As a general rule, I wouldn't mention my own IQ/intelligence on a public forums, they will want proofs and if you're lazy like me, you want to avoid that. It's easier/better to be dumb or average.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-24 08:41:35  
I disagree. Your first language influences how hard the others are going to be to learn. And then there's obviously certain languages with much more complex grammar.

For example, for us in italians german is a difficult language to learn, while french is easy despite having a higher complexity.
French = Italian, really.

As long as you manage to get over stuff like Lavorare = travailler, you're fine, most of it is very similar. Not sure how it's more complex, Italian seemed 1:1 to me.

German is only difficult when it comes to the actual pronounciation and identifying the word. I'm still at the beginning but it's really tough. And the sounds are so far from French in many situations, argh. But German is worth it/fun in the end, so it's fine.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-24 08:41:37  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

Yeah, Japanese has the same sounds as French, so while we may not have their accent, we can very easily understand it. Same syllabes etc, it's pretty funny actually and that's why you have so many French people going to Jaapan for studies, or work.

I worked in a Japanese company and would speak my very limited Japanese with the Japanese native there, it was fun.
I found that it wasn't just the same syllables, but the same syntax, and the formula for which it is used.

Feminine et Masculine ways of speaking.

Feminine versions of words and masculine versions.

"Watashi wa" is usually used by females (and foreigners who don't know better), and "Ore wa" is used primarily by men.

Immersion into the culture, and sometimes reading historical words and their modern counterparts, can create different dialects, or allow you to blend in and pick up more conversational language.
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-24 08:42:52  

Hey now, quit picking on Altimaomega.

My family ancestry actually goes back to Ukraine as well so I guess I should have a opinion on this Russia development.
Yes it must be. Because that is a logical argument based on facts, not an emotional one.
But that's to be expected from one of the more advanced societies on Earth.
Since an illogical statement deserves an illogical answer, you can have this:
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-24 08:43:35  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

French = Italian, really.

As long as you manage to get over stuff like lavare = travailler, you're fine, most of it is very similar. Not sure how it's more complex, Italian seemed 1:1 to me.

German is only difficult when it comes to the actual pronounciation and identifying the word. I'm still at the beginning but it's really tough. And the sounds are so far from French in many situations, argh. But German is worth it/fun in the end, so it's fine.
You didn't get what I meant. French in itself is a more complex language than german, the grammar has more rules and more nuances. However it is easy for an italian, that was my point. Thus your first language shapes the difficulty in the learning curve.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 23 24 25