Does Islam Require Forced Conversions?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Does islam require forced conversions?
Does islam require forced conversions?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 23 24 25
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 12:38:15  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
The 2012 UN Statistics for National Rape rate per 100,000 world wide is, keeping in mind that those are all Reported cases:

1)Sweden comes in at #1 in a whopping 665,000 rape cases.

2) U.S.A. comes in at #7 with a Rape rate of 266,000 reported rape cases per year.

3) U.A.E. comes in at #16 with a 60,000 rape cases per year.

4) Indonesia comes in at #18 with a 70,000 rape cases per year.

Where am I going with this? Well as you can see, rape cases within Muslim countries is very minimal comparing to Western civilized countries who preach about freedom rights in which in fact tie women down and hold them of there potential and just see them as s*x objects.
I would like to see this information you presented.

Where is your source on this?

It is absolutely laughable that you think rape is accurately reported in those countries. Rape is part of the culture in many Middle Eastern countries. Women exist as sex objects to many men in some of those cultures.

Let's be clear. I'm not blaming this on Muslims or Islam necessarily. It may be a factor used to justify, but that's not the relgion's fault.

In some of those cultures, women who are raped are killed by their own families as revoltingly-named "honor killings".

Of course those countries have lower rapes reported.
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-09-23 12:38:57  
The 2012 UN Statistics for National Rape rate per 100,000 world wide is, keeping in mind that those are all Reported cases: 1)Sweden comes in at #1 in a whopping 665,000 rape cases. 2) U.S.A. comes in at #7 with a Rape rate of 266,000 reported rape cases per year. 3) U.A.E. comes in at #16 with a 60,000 rape cases per year. 4) Indonesia comes in at #18 with a 70,000 rape cases per year. Where am I going with this? Well as you can see, rape cases within Muslim countries is very minimal comparing to Western civilized countries who preach about freedom rights in which in fact tie women down and hold them of there potential and just see them as s*x objects.
I would like to see this information you presented. Where is your source on this?

I'm actually surprised the U.S.A. is only #7. I thought Murica was #1 at everything.
 Siren.Sieha
サーバ: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-23 12:39:08  
Asura.Refreshazure said: »

You're all over these religious threads. Did a priest touch you when you were little?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-23 12:40:58  
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 12:41:17  
The 2012 UN Statistics for National Rape rate per 100,000

http://www.unodc.org/documents/data-and-analysis/statistics/Homicide/Globa_study_on_homicide_2011_web.pdf

(Literally typed "UN STATISTICS RAPE WORLD" in Google)

By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 12:42:39  
fonewear said: »

What an absolutely idiotic image.

It's not rape when there's consent...yeesh.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-23 12:42:59  
The 2012 UN Statistics for National Rape rate per 100,000 world wide is, keeping in mind that those are all Reported cases:

2) U.S.A. comes in at #7 with a Rape rate of 266,000 reported rape cases per year.

Where am I going with this? Well as you can see, rape cases within Muslim countries is very minimal comparing to Western civilized countries who preach about freedom rights in which in fact tie women down and hold them of there potential and just see them as s*x objects.

I'm guessing it is this located here.
Of course, you need to actually read this part:
Quote:
Please note that when using the figures, any cross-national comparisons should be conducted with caution because of the differences that exist between the legal definitions of offences in countries, or the different methods of offence counting and recording.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-23 12:44:08  
Denying that the women's condition is at its worst in places of islamic culture is preposterous.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 12:44:23  
Ramyrez said: »

It is absolutely laughable that you think rape is accurately reported in those countries. Rape is part of the culture in many Middle Eastern countries. Women exist as sex objects to many men in some of those cultures.

Let's be clear. I'm not blaming this on Muslims or Islam necessarily. It may be a factor used to justify, but that's not the relgion's fault.

In some of those cultures, women who are raped are killed by their own families as revoltingly-named "honor killings".

Of course those countries have lower rapes reported.

Which of "these countries" have you been to and spent enough time in to be placed in a position to actually refute UN Statistics.

You talk about how irrational faith is all the time, and yet you speculate without any information, just hearsay and opinion based on entities like FOX News.

just wow dude... have you ever sat down with yourself and figured ***out?
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 12:45:55  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Denying that the women's condition is at its worst in places of islamic culture is preposterous.

Please share the comparative report of the female condition that has made this preposterous - (do you know what that word means?)
By volkom 2014-09-23 12:46:09  
yes is yes and no means yes
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-23 12:46:49  
Blazed1979 said: »
Which of "these countries" have you been to and spent enough time in to be placed in a position to actually refute UN Statistics.
Uh... you won't really ever be in a place to spend enough time in those countries to refute the UN Statistics. Because that isn't how statistics work.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 12:49:23  

Please share the comparative report of the female condition that has made this preposterous - (do you know what that word means?)

Dubai sentences Norwegian woman who reported rape

This sounds like a culture that's very enlighted toward women and human rights in general. Really.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 12:49:41  

But of course those countries have lower rapes reported.
Actually, I found his source and saw that he misinterpreted it.

Excel File, 2nd tab called CTS 2013 Rape

Out of his "findings"

1) According to him, Sweden leads the world in the number of known rapes by "665,000" reported cases. Not only is this laughable, but grossly inaccurate. Sweden had a total of 6,324 total reported rape cases in 2013. But because Sweden has a lower population density than most of the other countries, the UN decides to do a rate comparison based on the total rape cases (lets call this "A") vs. total population of the country (call this "B" and multiply it by the ratio of the total population of the country ("B") against a set amount (100,000 people in this case) to get a rate of 66.5. What the chart states that out of every 100,000 people in a country, 66 and 1/2 people are victims of rape. Not "665,000" people in the country is raped per year.

2) He conveniently forget his own society in the area, where a women who complains about being raped is automatically labeled a ***. It even says so in the Qu'ran too.... So most of the rape cases in the Middle East go unreported because of society pressures.

3) There is a lot of missing information in the Middle East nations on the file. Most likely because there is no statistical reporting of said cases.

There is so much wrong with Dubai's post that it is unreal....

Edit: Some of the credit should go to Milameber for finding the link and posting it before I finished my post, I guess.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-23 12:50:58  
location, location affects how extreme your religion becomes.
That's not necessary true.

While location does play a role in how extreme a religion can get, it also depends on where the thugs of the world can congregate.

If the Middle East can take out the trash of their society, the thugs of the world would move on to the next hell-hole.

yes but we have generated an endless supply of "thugs" now do you think all those families who had their homes and their community destroyed during the Iraq and Afghanistan war are going go, oh The Americans welcome back who are you after this time let us help you.

the reason ISIS is so much more extreme and more efficient than Al Qaeda is because we went natural selection on the terrorists

the ones that were left over where to one sets were smart enough to hide and were strategically minded, that is why ISIS has started to use social media in order to recruit for terrorism it is literally evolving into a more efficient Terror Animal in the Middle East.

The example is the flames of war video used to provoke the United States which the United States has eaten up like it's McDonald's.
Where do you even come up with this stuff?
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 12:51:29  
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Uh... you won't really ever be in a place to spend enough time in those countries to refute the UN Statistics. Because that isn't how statistics work.

Precisely my point, but I love how Ramy liked the post.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 12:52:23  

No. It isn't your point. At all.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-23 12:53:25  

http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/egypt/report-2013#section-41-8
http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/afghanistan/report-2013#section-1-6
http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/qatar/report-2013#section-121-6
http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/saudi-arabia/report-2013#section-125-7

vs
http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/usa/report-2013#section-157-10
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 12:54:40  

It is very much so. You claim UN report stats to be inaccurate. I ask for some basis(data/info/reports/research/dispute/anything) to your opinion (be it sarcastic and condescending)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-23 12:54:58  
I wish the 15 points of creationism guy came back
Please God, no.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 12:57:07  

It is very much so. You claim UN report stats to be inaccurate. I ask for some basis(data/info/reports/research/dispute/anything) to your opinion (be it sarcastic and condescending)

Did you read what Milamber posted?

Quote:
Please note that when using the figures, any cross-national comparisons should be conducted with caution because of the differences that exist between the legal definitions of offences in countries, or the different methods of offence counting and recording.

Not to mention KN pointed out all of the "missing" data in the report thanks to the Middle East's rape-reporting practices (or lack thereof).
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 13:07:12  

http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/egypt/report-2013#section-41-8
http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/afghanistan/report-2013#section-1-6
http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/qatar/report-2013#section-121-6
http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/saudi-arabia/report-2013#section-125-7

vs
http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/usa/report-2013#section-157-10

1.Egypt is a country governed by Islam?
Didn't they just kick out Morsey after he held power for 1 year, and interrupted a secularist regime that cracked down on the muslim brotherhood for 30 years?
Not that I'm defending Morsey, but saying Egypt is governed by Islam is like saying America is governed by Christianity. They are a secularist states.

2.Afghanistan - One of the worst places on earth for women, and people in general. It's not the fact that the country has been through decades of War without a breather that's the cause of social deterioration.

3. Qatar:
"Women continued to face discrimination in law and practice and were inadequately protected against violence within the family. In particular, family law discriminated against women, making it much easier for men to seek divorce compared to women, and placing women at a severe economic disadvantage if they sought divorce or if their husbands left them."

All very true about Qatar. But hardly the "worst" of conditions
the world has to offer women. not by a long shot.
But I would say men having more of divorce is not as a severe a problem as "high levels of violence against Indigenous women".
as mentioned in vAlso in Qatar and the Gulf, they don't shackle pregnant women.
By volkom 2014-09-23 13:08:26  
eslim said: »
volkom said: »
yes is yes and no means yes ok
i thought it went like this?

maybe~

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-23 13:10:23  
Quote:
but saying Egypt is governed by Islam is like saying America is governed by Christianity. They are a secularist states.

I'm actually not going to get too down on you for this one because your point is understood, but American is largely governed by Christianity. Try getting a politician to admit they're an atheist or agnostic.

Won't happen. 99% of the time it would be complete and utter political suicide.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 13:11:03  

Did you read what Milamber posted?

Quote:

Not to mention KN pointed out all of the "missing" data in the report thanks to the Middle East's rape-reporting practices (or lack thereof).

That is a disclaimer noting that the statistics may or may not be entirely accurate noting certain conditions beyond their control and ability to quantify.

However, it is still the data we have to go on. The speculation you present is base don....?

I'm still waiting to hear your answer.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-23 13:14:08  

1.Egypt is a country governed by Islam?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 23 24 25