Timers Still Crashing The Game For Me

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Timers Still Crashing The Game for Me
Timers Still Crashing The Game for Me
By Crevox 2014-09-22 21:49:57  
I really want to use this plugin, but my game crashes at complete random while using it. I ran like 3 delves with it on, then crashed in the middle of Incursion. The game only crashes if I'm using Timers. This only started happening since last update.

Could there be a plugin that's interfering and causing the crashes? Any ideas at all? Is there anything I can do to help solve this? Am I the only one having this problem?

Plugins/Addons:
 Sylph.Subadai
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2014-09-23 00:09:26  
Best thing to do would be to submit a crash dump to the dev team. You can create crash dumps with windbg or automatically. Post links on the Windower thread on BG or use the issue tracker.
By Crevox 2014-09-23 00:22:55  
Can't create a crash dump because it's a crash to desktop. I already tried both methods (the long stupid one AND the new fast easy one) and both do not produce a dump.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-23 00:24:23  
I'm aware of this and working on it right now. I think I know where the crash is happening. For the record, it's a Hook crash, not a Timers crash, it's just very noticeable with Timers because it creates and destroys a lot of text objects.
[+]
By Crevox 2014-09-23 00:27:34  
Leviathan.Arcon said: »
I'm aware of this and working on it right now. I think I know where the crash is happening. For the record, it's a Hook crash, not a Timers crash, it's just very noticeable with Timers because it creates and destroys a lot of text objects.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I don't mean to be a bother, it's just been a while since I've heard anything on it and didn't see it on the issue tracker (I might've just missed it).
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 00:32:12  
Crevox said: »
I really want to use this plugin, but my game crashes at complete random while using it. I ran like 3 delves with it on, then crashed in the middle of Incursion. The game only crashes if I'm using Timers. This only started happening since last update.

Could there be a plugin that's interfering and causing the crashes? Any ideas at all? Is there anything I can do to help solve this? Am I the only one having this problem?

Plugins/Addons:

I have this list:
[/quote]

and the only real crash I have is when I either d/c and try to go back in, or when I'm shutting down, but no in game crashes yet.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-24 06:36:58  
Here's a new Hook, would appreciate some testing if it crashes with this one (and if so, provide the appropriate dumps):
https://googledrive.com/host/0B1-GYvFFRpK6WlVQZnBKbzdycTA/Hook.dll
By Crevox 2014-09-24 07:58:30  
I've got the registry edit for dumps in place, I'll start it up in like 30 minutes and just play.

EDIT: Well I was on for about 6 hours and did Salvage, a bunch of solo activities (avatar fights, etc) and the game did not crash with Timers running.

Could just be super lucky, but I'll be continuing tomorrow playing.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-24 20:06:39  
Ok, well it's a good start... let me know how it goes.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-25 05:04:09  
Assuming the previously posted Hook does not crash (which sounds reasonable, since multiple people have reported it), could you also test this one? I'd appreciate it.
By Crevox 2014-09-25 06:17:45  
Played all day and did multiple delves, no crashes at all.

I could try that one, yeah.

EDIT: Well, I ran multiple more delves using the new one and it worked fine as well.

EDIT2: And all day today, still just fine.

EDIT3: Just crashed in Delve after like 2 days of no crashes. Dunno if this is the cause, but yeah.